Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach (16148 Views)

Soko Loan Has Finally Defamed Me (pictures) / NITDA Fines Soko Loans 10m For Invasion Of Privacy / Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by nedekid: 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2023
Obagreatdatoye:
50m?
How much dem dey make...
Are you minding them? One civil servant sitting somewhere, that has never worked out money in his life, just receives salary and egunje will sit down and nack 50m bill. Does he know what it takes to make 50m?
Anyway, na to go court contest the fine.
Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Xking(m): 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2023
easzypeaszy:
Na wetin good for u and d company be dat.. Just bc u work fr loan sharks doesn't mean dey shld nt be punish fr wrong doing.
I kw ppl tk loan n nt want to payback but must u gv every tin dat has fone money?
If its cool banks would hv been givin everyone loan but bc of ur company criminal activities u gv every one money 20k to payback 50k in 1mnth bc u kw u can use blackmail to get it back.
that's true, they give out loan because they with huge interest because they will blackmail you to pay the interest.

3 Likes

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Nursepepeye(f): 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2023
Addme:
Seems F.G is in support of all these loan defaulters though the defamation of these loan apps can be demeaning but why do people always borrow but won't pay up till the moment they defame them.
One thing I have learnt about Nigerians is that we hardly pay back loans.
you are a thief, why don't you want to register before you operate? Why don't you want to follow Apex bank rules on Lending? You want to give #5k loan and collect #12k in 5days, you are a thief and 419, do the right thing and you will be protected, if you don't do the right thing because of your criminal minded, you will loose and you will be punished.

12 Likes

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by NaijaCover(m): 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2023
Hmmmmmm
Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Chudyned26: 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2023
Addme:
Seems F.G is in support of all these loan defaulters though the defamation of these loan apps can be demeaning but why do people always borrow but won't pay up till the moment they defame them.

No one will borrow money with the intention of not paying back. But this loan app tricks people into it.

Let me give you example. I bought a phone through easybuy. After clearing the debt, one of their agent called me that am eligible to borrow 12k to pay back in a month time. After some weeks I had some financial issues, I borrow this 12k. Do you know what I saw next? The 12k has an interest of 4k in it. Not only that, that I must make payment of 4k every week and no longer a down payment at month end. Now tell me, why should I borrow if I should be able to be getting 4k every week within that period?

Am a monthly earner and with what they told me I had it in mind that by month end that I will recieve my salary and pay back . just after 5 days of taking a month loan, I started receiving threatening messages of what I will face if I didn't make 4k payment at the 7th day.

With this kind of deception, who wouldn't default?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Fcwilly: 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2023
Is solo loan still in existence? Very useless set of people.

6 Likes

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Moniya4Real(m): 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2023
Story, continue….. regardless of whether they default or not, the fact is they are operating outside of the law hence, must face the consequences.

Addme:

7 Likes

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Addme: 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2023
Sorrynovex:

Shatap

Even if you default for loan there is a reason you submitted bvn init?

They can go to your bank invite you and know how to pay.

These sharks copy your contacts and send blackmail messages to all
I would ignore your insults. You gave them permissions to copy your contacts, right? You submitted all your details to them,right? Why do they need to go to your banks in the first place for what you intentionally did.
Nobody forced you to obtain loan in the first place. You also knew they would blackmail you if you don't pay back and you still went ahead to borrow. Now tell me,who is a criminal here?
Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Nauttyprof(m): 4:34pm On Aug 06, 2023
Obagreatdatoye:
50m?
How much dem dey make...

Are you still asking these questions? It seems you don't know the reality in Nigeria. These guys are making so much from this loan business because they don't follow the regulation on the interest to be charged. How can you borrow 10k and in the long run you are paying close to 15k or even more? Does this make sense?

Now back again to the question, it's like you are not aware that this same sokoloan keeps creating more loan Apps. If I am not wrong, they have at least 4 loan Apps now. Please, tell me if they are not making money from this, why are they creating more loan Apps. These guys make millions of Naira in a day from loans.

5 Likes

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Tonitoniton(m): 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2023
Soko loan aka gocash is a satanic loan app

6 Likes

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Addme: 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2023
Chudyned26:

No one will borrow money with the intention of not paying back. But this loan app tricks people into it.

Let me give you example. I bought a phone through easybuy. After clearing the debt, one of their agent called me that am eligible to borrow 12k to pay back in a month time. After some weeks I had some financial issues, I borrow this 12k. Do you know what I saw next? The 12k has an interest of 4k in it. Not only that, that I must make payment of 4k every week and no longer a down payment at month end. Now tell me, why should I borrow if I should be able to be getting 4k every week within that period?

Am a monthly earner and with what they told me I had it in mind that by month end that I will recieve my salary and pay back . just after 5 days of taking a month loan, I started receiving threatening messages of what I will face if I didn't make 4k payment at the 7th day.

With this kind of deception, who wouldn't default?
You were actually tricked into it without telling you the conditions initially. I think I have read something like this on the front page before. Sincerely I'm not in anyway supporting their defamatory and blackmailing attitudes but speaking from personal experience of people around me.
Your own case may be different but I must tell you probably due to economic hardship, people take loan without means of paying back. I'm damn serious
Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Fame1309(f): 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2023
[quote author=MichaelSokoto post=124922803]Sweet news!

Pls, Lcredit shld be fined #1 billion straight, no minus!

werey agents!
Are they still functioning?
Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:52pm On Aug 06, 2023
Addme:

I would ignore your insults. You gave them permissions to copy your contacts, right? You submitted all your details to them,right? Why do they need to go to your banks in the first place for what you intentionally did.
Nobody forced you to obtain loan in the first place. You also knew they would blackmail you if you don't pay back and you still went ahead to borrow. Now tell me,who is a criminal here?
so blackmailing is now legit?

1 Like

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Fame1309(f): 4:52pm On Aug 06, 2023
[Are they still functioning? author=MichaelSokoto post=124922803]Sweet news!

werey agents!
Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2023
Fame1309:
[Are they still functioning? author=MichaelSokoto post=124922803]Sweet news!

werey agents!
I don't know for dem oo!

Wetin I knw be say, I deal wit dem kpatakpata finish in dis life & d next to come.
cool
Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Austeeenxx: 5:03pm On Aug 06, 2023
Sokoloan still dey exist? Me and my guys use those werey people cash out for 2021. 😂
No threat these people no threaten us that year, every kind of defamatory messages were sent to us. They even designed a WANTED flier and sent to our contacts that we were armed robbers that eloped with company money. 😂😂 Shishi, dem no see for our hand till today.

After a while, they started begging us to pay half. 😂😂 Kobo dem no see

6 Likes

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Stevosty: 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2023
Obagreatdatoye:
50m?
How much dem dey make...
The fine is too small shey? Borrow 4k to pay 10k within 7 days multiply by how many helpless Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 06, 2023
easzypeaszy:
Na wetin good for u and d company be dat.. Just bc u work fr loan sharks doesn't mean dey shld nt be punish fr wrong doing.
I kw ppl tk loan n nt want to payback but must u gv every tin dat has fone money?
If its cool banks would hv been givin everyone loan but bc of ur company criminal activities u gv every one money 20k to payback 50k in 1mnth bc u kw u can use blackmail to get it back.

✔✔✔

3 Likes

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Aw6793: 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2023
Too small

1 Like

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 06, 2023
SleekyP:
They’ve made more than that since 2017/2018/2019/2020 and got people homeless…some committed suicide.

They should PAY!!! angry

✔✔✔

2 Likes

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Xvvav7h7: 6:15pm On Aug 06, 2023
Yoo ! Got you litt with Proofs attached..

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by RenaissanceGuy: 7:23pm On Aug 06, 2023
Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by blowjohn(m): 7:40pm On Aug 06, 2023
orikoku:
If you borrow please pay back.

Why lend out over 6 day intervals?

4 Likes

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by ImoleNaija: 8:07pm On Aug 06, 2023
Na short-cut to making big money dey choke the loan sharks.

Eni n wa ifa 'n wa ofo.

2 Likes

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Osobi32(m): 8:26pm On Aug 06, 2023
Addme:
I used to reason just like u are doing right here but then an event played out that completely changed my orientation..... People are hungry and frustrated in this country that's why they resort to go for a loan not minding the outrageous and insane interest rate couple with the short duration. A hungry man in need will accept any condition given to him just to feed his family. These loan sharks are criminals

5 Likes

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by WeirdAlien: 11:03pm On Aug 06, 2023
Addme:

Why do you support criminality? This is why Nigeria never progresses. There's no protection for vulnerable people.
Try those blackmailing methods in UK. They will not only fine you the money that will close down that loan company, the owners will also end up in jail! But really, they would have even been arrested the very week they launch the loan app.

3 Likes

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Chetas81(m): 11:26pm On Aug 06, 2023
MichaelSokoto:

u don't even know wats happening in ur con3
because the Nigerian citizen don't know anything about their self
Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by krize(m): 11:38pm On Aug 06, 2023
You're not smart bros. That is someone's business. It's not even profitable in Nigeria because I once looked at it. A team and I looked at their business plan sometime ago.
We have bad government, taking loans is supposed to be a good thing, as it'd boost your creditscore and worthiness. That way, you can afford to have a good credit culture...live a more comfortable life- in advanced society( you'd see highschool teen driving a G-wagon. It's all on credit. My point is- loan companies are struggling- from govt policies and channels milking them dry to your[/i] borrow culture, which is shitty[i] because the system allows it .. [i][/i]

easzypeaszy:

2 Likes

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by easzypeaszy(m): 7:23am On Aug 07, 2023
krize:
You're not smart bros. That is someone's business. It's not even profitable in Nigeria because I once looked at it. A team and I looked at their business plan sometime ago.
We have bad government, taking loans is supposed to be a good thing, as it'd boost your creditscore and worthiness. That way, you can afford to have a good credit culture...live a more comfortable life- in advanced society( you'd see highschool teen driving a G-wagon. It's all on credit. My point is- loan companies are struggling- from govt policies and channels milking them dry to your[/i] borrow culture, which is shitty[i] because the system allows it .. [i][/i]

you are very dummb... Is ur name Dummy?
Kip advance society aside, banks offer loan of 2.5% Mnthly and 30% Annually.
Gtbank for example gives you 1.8% that is you can get 1M and payback 1M and 220k as interest after 1year and if you have your 1M following month you pay 1M with just 18k as interest.
Your loan apps company gives 100k to pay 150k after 7days
300k to pay 800k after 1year and you are here talking fuulishly.
How can you grow in dis kind of situation.
And mind you dis companies don't pay staff well, you use ur phone to call customers dey only gv u 400naira recharge daily, 1k bonus daily if u meet target and pay 30k to 50k monthly.
Dey are not even registered under government agency, der activities are illegal.
Dey don't have sign post and dey rent abandon building or use name of a company to rent an apartment den hide der.
I kw over 5 offices in Ikeja, 3 in Ogba and 2 in Berger.
1 company let say Sololoan can have 8 different loan apps under der names.

Guy you no well I swear.

1 Like

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by Oceanjagaban: 8:35am On Aug 07, 2023
Addme:
Another soko loan agent spotted q

1 Like

Re: Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach by krize(m): 9:49am On Aug 07, 2023
See, you're ill-informed. You don't know shit. Banks cannot offer the services of these people. Bank will not give you shit if you're not credit worthy. How many people are in Nigeria? I know this because I thought about Debt buying, as it's prevalent in advanced society. No law firm can buy even Bank's debts. Again, only 30% of loans taken in Nigeria are retrieved in due course. And there is no backing for the loan companies who have put billions into the Nigerian market.
See that you're the dummmb one?

Infact, I would take you to be one of those that takes loans without repaying. If it's a lie, pls go on CBC site and show us your creditscore. Onigbese.
Before you take a loan, you're provided with terms, which you agree to. If the terms aren't okay, don't take it

Also, you mentioned unregistered apps, it's your hungry likes that put out your information on every site because you believe you can beat the system, bros, you cannot.

And pay up your debts boi

easzypeaszy:
you are very dummb... Is ur name Dummy?
Kip advance society aside, banks offer loan of 2.5% Mnthly and 30% Annually.
Gtbank for example gives you 1.8% that is you can get 1M and payback 1M and 220k as interest after 1year and if you have your 1M following month you pay 1M with just 18k as interest.
Your loan apps company gives 100k to pay 150k after 7days
300k to pay 800k after 1year and you are here talking fuulishly.
How can you grow in dis kind of situation.
And mind you dis companies don't pay staff well, you use ur phone to call customers dey only gv u 400naira recharge daily, 1k bonus daily if u meet target and pay 30k to 50k monthly.
Dey are not even registered under government agency, der activities are illegal.
Dey don't have sign post and dey rent abandon building or use name of a company to rent an apartment den hide der.
I kw over 5 offices in Ikeja, 3 in Ogba and 2 in Berger.
1 company let say Sololoan can have 8 different loan apps under der names.

Guy you no well I swear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 Cont'd / Naira May Rise Further Against Dollar As CBN Pumps Additional $195m / Payhippo Raises $3 Million In Seed Funding To Extend Quick Loans To SMEs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.