Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT (23926 Views)

We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti / 2023: Northern Group Cautions Tinubu, Insists On Osinbajo, Zulum Ticket / Governor Makinde Appoints Ahmed Murtala, Kano Indigene As Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by ycat: 9:30am On Aug 07, 2023
Sympathy vote for a man who is barely 2 months in office.

You people will cry no matter what.

If he didn't give them the slot now, you will say he cheated the people. He gave them it's still something.
enemyofprogress:
Tinubu wan use am win sinparty votes from the indigenes

1 Like

Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by enemyofprogress: 9:47am On Aug 07, 2023
ycat:
Sympathy vote for a man who is barely 2 months in office.

You people will cry no matter what.

If he didn't give them the slot now, you will say he cheated the people. He gave them it's still something.
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by achimendy(m): 9:53am On Aug 07, 2023
LegendHero:

I support Dr. Joe Abah.

Shebi Abuja people dey shout ELupee 74 after being deceived with Peter Obi lies of being a Christian messiah.

Labor party already took their only senatorial slot for a non indigene, now Dr. Joe said they MUST not be appointed as minister over their own ancestral land because it will set a bad precedence.

Abuja na no man’s land now.

You're talking trash.
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by ycat: 9:54am On Aug 07, 2023
8 years of your tears will be something even for you a professional wailer.
enemyofprogress:

1 Like

Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by Hedonisco: 10:06am On Aug 07, 2023
benardtotti:

Simple question to you , is the abuja indigene not a Nigerian citizen or not ?

Clarify the basis for your question in the context of the discussion so that I'll reply accordingly.
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by AYSURE: 10:28am On Aug 07, 2023
Bethel4Life:
do u mean Ireti the Yoruba woman representing Abuja in the Senate?

Olodo, she's not Yoruba. She's from the Northwest! All these Obideen olodos sef

1 Like

Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by benardtotti(m): 10:29am On Aug 07, 2023
Hedonisco:

Clarify the basis for your question in the context of the discussion so that I'll reply accordingly.

In your post you said fct belongs to everyone as its now the federal sit of power , so I'm asking are the abuja indigenes no longer part of Nigeria or Nigerians, is it bad for them to become minister on their own land ? After all it belongs to everyone so they have all the right to ask to be given the position .

1 Like

Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by Hedonisco: 10:41am On Aug 07, 2023
benardtotti:

In your post you said fct belongs to everyone as its now the federal sit of power , so I'm asking are the abuja indigenes no longer part of Nigeria or Nigerians, is it bad for them to become minister on their own land ? After all it belongs to everyone so they have all the right to ask to be given the position .

I mentioned that there is a technical difference between Abuja and the FCT. This technical difference is crucial, and is what concerned 'indigenes' need to study and familiarise themselves with the constitution about.

Then again, I have nothing against an 'indigene' being made the FCT Minister. What I'm concerned about, as I believe Dr Joe Abah rightly suggested, is the likely agitation that the FCT Minister position should become, by convention, their birth right. A Gbagyi man can be appointed as FCT Minister, but it shouldn't be seen as an entitlement or as a right. We know how Nigerians can be unreasonable with these agitations. This is a very valid fear because such an agitation would make nonsense of the very idea of a Federal Capital Territory as enshrined in our constitution.

An Abuja State could have been created for them, totally different from the FCT, so that they can 'enjoy' whatever perceived benefits that arise from statehood. Then again, it is mostly them that retain the council chairmen for the Abuja councils by convention which is a fair enough deal. I don't understand why they're going further to ask for the FCT Ministry to be ceded to them.

It is dangerous to allow this tribal entitlement 'na we get am' mindset creep into our FCT which is the product of Nigeria's oil wealth and the collectivity of Nigerians.
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by enemyofprogress: 10:48am On Aug 07, 2023
ycat:
8 years of your tears will be something even for you a professional wailer.
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by djon78(m): 11:02am On Aug 07, 2023
igbosarejews:

Abba is Benue, nothing concerns Igbo's there.
But you know as usual, the Yoruba pîgss will always want anything that will cause frictions between Igbo's and other minority tribe

Joe ABA is not Benue

He is an Igbo man from Ebonyi State
I know him personally
His wife is Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by benardtotti(m): 11:05am On Aug 07, 2023
Hedonisco:

I mentioned that there is a technical difference between Abuja and the FCT. This technical difference is crucial, and is what concerned 'indigenes' need to study and familiarise themselves with the constitution about.

Then again, I have nothing against an 'indigene' being made the FCT Minister. What I'm concerned about, as I believe Dr Joe Abah rightly suggested, is the likely agitation that the FCT Minister position should become, by convention, their birth right. A Gbagyi man can be appointed as FCT Minister, but it shouldn't be seen as an entitlement or as a right. We know how Nigerians can be unreasonable with these agitations. This is a very valid fear because such an agitation would make nonsense of the very idea of a Federal Capital Territory as enshrined in our constitution.

An Abuja State could have been created for them, totally different from the FCT, so that they can 'enjoy' whatever perceived benefits that arise from statehood. Then again, it is mostly them that retain the council chairmen for the Abuja councils by convention which is a fair enough deal. I don't understand why they're going further to ask for the FCT Ministry to be ceded to them.

It is dangerous to allow this tribal entitlement 'na we get am' mindset creep into our FCT which is the product of Nigeria's oil wealth and the collectivity of Nigerians.

Ok I understand you better now !
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by BJanta: 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2023
What's wrong with that? Thank GOD you're not the president and you can never be one.
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 07, 2023
LifestyleTonite:

Biafrans can't help but expose their covetousness for other people's property. What Joe Abah, a Biafran, is basically doing is trying to ensure that Abuja doesn't have any identity in terms of indigenous ownership. That way, in a couple of years time, they can start screaming no man's land. That's the same way Ezekwesili said Lagos is a "shared space".

Igbo people have exposed themselves so badly. Go on Twitter and Facebook and see the way they are freely expressing their hate for Nigeria. The whole thing has gotten out of hand that neutral Nigerians have seen them for who they are.

Just check the names attached to anti-Nigeria comments, they are usually from South-Easterners. This is unlike nairaland where real names are not used.

How can you be glad that a neighbouring country that is not fit to lace your country's shoes is insulting your country? Yet, you want your son Peter Obi to rule over the same Nigeria. You can't wish evil on a company and still want to be its boss. If you curse the ground, the curses will follow you everywhere as long as you walk on it.

Yes, Northern senators may oppose military intervention based on genuine reasons, but deep down, they are happy about the coup going on in West Africa because it means if such happens in Nigeria, the West won't have any strong country in the region to help restore democracy. It also means that one of their sons will become the military leader because they are the majority in the military. Remember their born-to-rule mentality. Once that happens, their evil Islamization agenda will be unstoppable.

Right now, Southern Nigeria is able to stop RUGA and other land grabbing legislations they've been pushing. But under a junta, no lawmaker will exist to oppose such move. They will simply take land from different regions and hand them to the Fulani who are mostly from Niger and Mali. Sadly, Igbo people can't seem to see this because their hatred for Yoruba people has blinded them. Only a blind man will say the hate doesn't exist. Your land which isn't much in the South-East can't be taken and handed to cattle herders all in the name of RUGA. Those cattle herders will breed like roaches and take over your land. You won't even have the luxury of Twitter to voice your grouse under a junta.

What annoys me the most is that it is 95% confirmed that there are no opposing Igbo voice to the nauseating attitude the tribe is displaying on social media. Sadly, even the elders like Peter Obi, Ezekwesili and their celebrities hold the same horrible mindset and are no more scared of voicing their hatred and greed for other people's success and land. At this point, I just conclude that they are all the same and can never be trusted. That's why they can't get to the presidency.

Those of use who have been on nairaland since 2013 are not surprise by their current display on social media. When they started tribal slurs and taunting other Nigerians because Goodluck Jonathan gave them an edge, we all thought the comments were just coming from riff raffs in their region. But now, we can see that even the highly educated ones and those in position of power who ought to know better are no different.

The best part is that every other Nigerian can now see them clearly. It is now clear that they hate the country and the reason is because they can't function without hating on something. If they were a country, they will hate on themselves, which they actually do; it's just that hating on other Nigerians gives them a false unity.

I would have advised the Igbo to retrace their steps but I've come to realize that they were never without hatred, so they have nothing to retrace. They can keep it up while other Nigerians move forward.

Epistle to Ebola...bla bla bla
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by LegendHero(m): 12:54pm On Aug 07, 2023
Tomek09:

Yorubas can break barriers in contesting in SouthEast if they have the number.

We will rather break barrier and contest in Afghanistan.

1 Like

Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by Tomek09(m): 1:41pm On Aug 07, 2023
LegendHero:

We will rather break barrier and contest in Afghanistan.

You shouldn't cry if Igbos are doing well outside their homeland. The choice is yours.
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by Raf4: 1:47pm On Aug 07, 2023
......it's in their blood, heavily present in their DNA............inordinate thirst for other people's land/property...........covetousness at its peak!
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by igbosarejews(m): 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2023
djon78:

Joe ABA is not Benue

He is an Igbo man from Ebonyi State
I know him personally
His wife is Yoruba
Oga that name Abah has no meaning in Igbo language.
I guess Abah Morro is also Igbo, because you wants to suit your narratives, which is hatred for Igbo's recruiting other Igbo haters.
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by bdon12: 4:20pm On Aug 07, 2023
LegendHero:

Source: https://twitter.com/drjoeabah/status/1687016405034467328?s=46&t=oGAxjhiGeufNKlYA6fDTyA
Dr wit tribalistic sentiments. People are jst selfish,wat is wrong wit abuja indigenes becoming minister of FCT?i mean m not gbagyi bt i tink abuja fct minister should be theirs.Dont get me wrong u hate tinubu.bt i will complement him on his appointments of minority as cds n fct minister. He has included d minority in government affairs for d first time ever.
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by bdon12: 4:22pm On Aug 07, 2023
LegendHero:

I support Dr. Joe Abah.

Shebi Abuja people dey shout ELupee 74 after being deceived with Peter Obi lies of being a Christian messiah.

Labor party already took their only senatorial slot for a non indigene, now Dr. Joe said they MUST not be appointed as minister over their own ancestral land because it will set a bad precedence.

Abuja na no man’s land now.
So abuja people are frm east abi?do u tink before making comments?people living un abuja come frm all parts of Nigeria. AND again there's nothing wrong wit gbagyi man being FCT minister consistently ,its their land.
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by djon78(m): 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2023
igbosarejews:

Oga that name Abah has no meaning in Igbo language.
I guess Abah Morro is also Igbo, because you wants to suit your narratives, which is hatred for Igbo's recruiting other Igbo haters.

Oga the man is an Igbo man

Stop talking what you don't know

Even Anambra dey answer ABA
I know someone from Anambra answering that
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by igbosarejews(m): 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2023
djon78:

Oga the man is an Igbo man

Stop talking what you don't know

Even Anambra dey answer ABA
I know someone from Anambra answering that
Abah and Aba are they same word.
Abah is name most associated with Benues and have no meaning in Igbo land. You can equally tell us that Abah morro former aide to Jonathan is Igbo man.
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by Beolly(m): 5:55pm On Aug 07, 2023
Hedonisco:

Don't be stupid. FCT is already constitutionally designated as a Nigerian "no man's land" of sorts, that's why it is called the FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY. Don't be an illiterate barbarian.

I 100% support the Joe Abah. I can't stand the idiotic and unfair indigenous agitations that are rife in Nigeria. It is bad enough in Lagos where federal money and the collective effort of Nigerians was used to develop the land, only for a few insufferable so-called 'indigenes' (more correctly tribesmen) to start asserting ownership and insulting the sensibilities of others.

Imagine the FCT which is Nigeria's melting pot, developed with billions of dollars of Nigeria's money, shaped by ALL Nigerian tribes, now being claimed by some lazy members of a local tribe as theirs. Not gonna happen!

Let them agitate for a state to be carved out of Abuja (Abuja is technically different from FCT) if they are desirous of having their own state. Maybe portions of Abaji and adjourning areas - where they can have their own governor and senators and whatnot. But they can't claim FCT because the FCT constitutionally belongs to the Federal Government, hence to all Nigerians.

I don't like encouraging rubbish.
This is the nonsense many of us can't put up with. It's very obvious the region you come from. Trying to implement what you can never accommodate in your home state. Allowing outsiders to determine who should be who in any different region other than yours.

3 Likes

Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by djon78(m): 6:20pm On Aug 07, 2023
igbosarejews:

Abah and Aba are they same word.
Abah is name most associated with Benues and have no meaning in Igbo land. You can equally tell us that Abah morro former aide to Jonathan is Igbo man.

My friend stop mentioning me

Joe ABA is from Ebonyi State

His other nickname is ezemuo

He is a well known Igbo man

Please enough

Someone I know personally

1 Like

Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by Nuzo1(m): 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2023
Charisma01:

What kind of silly answer is this? My own senators at least have constituency projects to show in Delta state. How does this correlate to the failures we have here.

Oga, it’s related. We are talking about bad leadership and federal character here.

Should we have advocated for Umahi of ebonyi or fashola of Lagos to be Delta governor just because delta have had 2 consecutive worst governors in the persons of Uduaghan and Okowa?

Abuja have enough indigenous people that can do very well in any leadership position.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by XAUBulls: 7:49pm On Aug 07, 2023
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by XAUBulls: 8:06pm On Aug 07, 2023
Hedonisco:

Don't be stupid. FCT is already constitutionally designated as a Nigerian "no man's land" of sorts, that's why it is called the FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY. Don't be an illiterate barbarian.

I 100% support the Joe Abah. I can't stand the idiotic and unfair indigenous agitations that are rife in Nigeria. It is bad enough in Lagos where federal money and the collective effort of Nigerians was used to develop the land, only for a few insufferable so-called 'indigenes' (more correctly tribesmen) to start asserting ownership and insulting the sensibilities of others.

Imagine the FCT which is Nigeria's melting pot, developed with billions of dollars of Nigeria's money, shaped by ALL Nigerian tribes, now being claimed by some lazy members of a local tribe as theirs. Not gonna happen!

Let them agitate for a state to be carved out of Abuja (Abuja is technically different from FCT) if they are desirous of having their own state. Maybe portions of Abaji and adjourning areas - where they can have their own governor and senators and whatnot. But they can't claim FCT because the FCT constitutionally belongs to the Federal Government, hence to all Nigerians.

Let me step into your conversation here.

The former capital of Nigeria was Lagos Island from 1914 to 1991 and NOT Lagos State which only came into existence as one of the 12 new states created (after due consultations with the traditional rulers and indigenes of the different towns) for the indigenes by General Yakubu Gowon on May 27 1967, so get this FACT clear.

Many of you the younger ones who do not take history lessons seriously mistakenly confuse Lagos (Island) with Lagos State. These are 2 distinct landmasses.

Over 95 percent of the current Lagos States was carved of Ijebuland and Aworiland in the then Old Western Region (now known as Ogun State) and merged with Lagos Island by General Gowon on May 27, 1967, so there is NO place in today's Lagos State that has NO indigenes... Absolutely NONE!

Last but not least, despite being the state capitals, Enugu city and Port Harcourt have indigenes. Therefore Abuja indigenes also exist and must be given their rights too. Period!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by tunjijones(m): 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2023
Hedonisco:

Are you from south east?
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by Simbrixton(m): 1:54am On Aug 08, 2023
ycat:
Bola Shagaya married an Ilorin man, she's igbo herself.
shes not igbo stop saying thrash pls
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by Charisma01: 2:43am On Aug 08, 2023
Nuzo1:

Oga, it’s related. We are talking about bad leadership and federal character here.

Should we have advocated for Umahi of ebonyi or fashola of Lagos to be Delta governor just because delta have had 2 consecutive worst governors in the persons of Uduaghan and Okowa?

Abuja have enough indigenous people that can do very well in any leadership position.

It's Alex Otti I would like to be on loan to Delta state or FCT walahi.
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by ycat: 5:28am On Aug 08, 2023
She is igbo.
Find a wall and hit your head!
Simbrixton:
shes not igbo stop saying thrash pls
Re: Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT by ycat: 5:33am On Aug 08, 2023
Simpathy for marginalized people can return sympathy, but what is important is, they are now in charge of their land.
enemyofprogress:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

John James Akpan Udoedeghe Expelled From APC (Photos) / Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB / Datti Ahmed: Tinubu’s ‘disgrace’ Comment On Obi Disrespectful, Unpresidential

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.