Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,785 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me (26459 Views)

Shaibu To Wike: Go For Confession Not Thanksgiving, Reduce Your Alcohol Intake / Obaseki: I Will Show No Mercy To Oshiomhole / Obaseki: I Won't Appeal My Disqualification From Edo APC Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by southsouthking(m): 8:54am On Aug 07, 2023
We are edolites, Edo doesn't play politics of tribalism and partiality.
We believe in fairness and equity.
It's time for Edo Central.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by southsouthking(m): 8:55am On Aug 07, 2023
Mm
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by itsene: 9:06am On Aug 07, 2023
Shaibu should resign and pursue his ambition.
Staying in government and running for office is not even a good thing.
Resign and put your team together.
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by Halo22: 9:07am On Aug 07, 2023
So the battle is about who becomes Governor in the next election. I don't blame them cos greed and selfishness have been the attributes of most politicians. The question they should answer first is, have they delivered all the campaign promises in the last election to Edo people?
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by adexpa(m): 9:34am On Aug 07, 2023
He should be acting like God. He needs to remember his second term bid, his master was against him and yet he won using another platform. He should understand that power is transient and it doesn't last forever
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by Tizu(m): 9:35am On Aug 07, 2023
Philip should enter Labour Party he will win. Edo State is the headquarters of LP.
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by Oghighirhighi: 9:38am On Aug 07, 2023
Philip Shuaib is being unnecessarily too ambitious. Oshiomhole forced his way to make him, a fellow Uzairue brother to be deputy to Obaseki instead of an Esan man. Now the next governor should clearly be an Esan man, but Philip wants to take his place. Here is a man who has been in government since the inception of this political dispensation. We should all join together and give him retirement.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by rtdCivilservant: 9:43am On Aug 07, 2023
WildChild00:
grin

Politics of bitterness in Nigeria
I don give u technical knockout. Mean while, collect........
WildChild00, WildChild00, WildChild00, WildChild00, WildChild00, WildChild00, WildChild00, WildChild00
WildChild00, WildChild00, WildChild00, WildChild00, WildChild00, WildChild00, WildChild00, WildChild00
WildChild00, WildChild00, WildChild00, WildChild00, WildChild00, WildChild00, WildChild00, WildChild00.
Bastard, I am still waiting for u. I can see u online.
grin grin wink cheesy
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by DimIsaac10(m): 9:45am On Aug 07, 2023
8 years as a deputy and still want to become a Governor again.
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by indigenous234(f): 10:21am On Aug 07, 2023
I'm Igbo but born and bred in Edo and I'm very much proud of my Edo identity too. The next governor of Edo should come from Edo central. Edo central has been loyal to the PDP in particular in Edo State and it will be injustice not to consider them. Secondly, since 1999, Edo South has now done almost 16yrs, Edo North 8yrs. When will the baton be given to Edo central?.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by indigenous234(f): 10:26am On Aug 07, 2023
The problem of the present political dispensation is thier tone-deaf nature to the aspirations of the people. Reason why the PDP couldn't pick a low hanging fruit, the 2023 presidential elections. I hope we don't see the same dynamics play out in the coming elections in Edo State. The ticket should be given to the Edo central. By the way, I'm Igbo and support Edo central 💯. My kins that I've spoken to feel exactly the same.
Oghighirhighi:
Philip Shuaib is being unnecessarily too ambitious. Oshiomhole forced his way to make him, a fellow Uzairue brother to be deputy to Obaseki instead of an Esan man. Now the next governor should clearly be an Esan man, but Philip wants to take his place. Here is a man who has been in government since the inception of this political dispensation. We should all join together and give him retirement.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by Jozilinn: 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2023
Like seriously all of you supporting the shaibu that hasn't aided In doing one good thing for his state for roughly 8 years and now he wants to come again making 16 years Waka,we are fond of encouraging rubbish in Nigeria... the man should rest he can't do nothing,Edo needs a new government with different people period, like say na him papa get government house.
Like say the man no know am finish, jealousy nkor jealousy ni for ontop wetin now let's see if people go vote am.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by juman(m): 12:13pm On Aug 07, 2023
I knew it.
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by Gandrova: 12:25pm On Aug 07, 2023
They should carry their Cross alone. Edo no be lagos people cheesy
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by HRMK: 1:33pm On Aug 07, 2023
YOU ARE NOT SAYING ANYTHING NEW NOW!
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by Peacecore: 2:21pm On Aug 07, 2023
fineboynl:
Edo don’t want to hear anything God father oh.

If obaseki tow that line he would be disgrace like oshiomhole and Tinubu.

After what Godfather did to that state. Were governor will go to godfather house to collect federal allocation. After governor make state budget godfather will come and trash some of the projects and reduce budget for some of the project in other to hijack the state treasury.
Enjoy your betrayer grin edonobelagoscrew grin
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by Peacecore: 2:28pm On Aug 07, 2023
godofuck231:
Obaseki gave Philip lots of access for delivering during elections but now he wants the state after lots of settling and access from the governor, he's greedy. He buys properties like shoes and access to contracts in that state so what does he want more
So, Obaseki is a corrupt man who allow one man to have access to the state coffer anyhow on the detriment of the citizens. Truly, I say unto you 'edonobelagos grin grin
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by Peacecore: 2:40pm On Aug 07, 2023
Tizu:
Philip should enter Labour Party he will win. Edo State is the headquarters of LP.
Dey play! grin
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by Osariemen12: 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2023
kingsman66:

https://thenationonlineng.net/obaseki-why-i-wont-back-shaibu-to-succeed-me/

Just like Obaseki, we all agree that it is the turn of Edo Central. This is the main reason. Obaseki wants a governor of Esan extraction. As a Bini man, I support him.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by NaMe4: 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2023
It is Edo Central turn.

Make Shuaibu rest.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by NzogbuNzogbu: 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2023
indigenous234:
I'm Igbo but born and bred in Edo and I'm very much proud of my Edo identity too. The next governor of Edo should come from Edo central. Edo central has been loyal to the PDP in particular in Edo State and it will be injustice not to consider them. Secondly, since 1999, Edo South has now done almost 16yrs, Edo North 8yrs. When will the baton be given to Edo central?.
God bless you.

I believe God is the one even causing confusion in these self centered people's camp.

Obaseki is also looking for one stooge now Philip would cancel him out since them no want esan to rule

See the Philip that the obaseki replaced esan as deputy for, since 1999 he still wants to be eating

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by godofuck231: 6:07pm On Aug 08, 2023
Peacecore:
So, Obaseki is a corrupt man who allow one man to have access to the state coffer anyhow on the detriment of the citizens. Truly, I say unto you 'edonobelagos grin grin
oga your side mirror no de get enough water to pump to the alternator, your gear box de trafficate
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by Peacecore: 9:06pm On Aug 08, 2023
godofuck231:
oga your side mirror no de get enough water to pump to the alternator, your gear box de trafficate
edonobelagos crew I hail grin grin
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by Christistruth03: 9:17pm On Aug 08, 2023
Germi9:
Shaibu is a cultist

They are all Cultists
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by godofuck231: 6:59pm On Aug 09, 2023
Peacecore:
edonobelagos crew I hail grin grin
I ain't edo
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by Peacecore: 6:47am On Aug 11, 2023
godofuck231:
I ain't edo
But you follow chant am nah grin
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by godofuck231: 11:35am On Aug 11, 2023
Peacecore:
But you follow chant am nah grin
ok edo no be lagos , categorise my blood group
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by sreamsense: 11:49am On Aug 11, 2023
Karma is paying both of them back for betrayal of Oshiomole. It is now the time of payback in exchange rate of karma. Edo no be Lagos, but same Lagos has moved on to rule whole of Nigeria and West Africa. If Obaseki fails to support Shaibu now on time, if APC hijack that state, Obaseki may be visiting EFCC and DSS. It will not pay both of them. Shaibu will not likely cover-up on secret he knows about Obaseki if EFCC/DSS should lay hands on them because of frozen relationship, both of them should better resolve their differences now before they end up regretting ever come to politics by the time EFCC gets their attention
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by Peacecore: 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2023
godofuck231:
ok edo no be lagos , categorise my blood group
PDP blood
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by godofuck231: 7:50pm On Aug 11, 2023
Peacecore:
PDP blood
ok you get that one sha, cold water for you
Re: Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me by Peacecore: 8:54pm On Aug 11, 2023
godofuck231:
ok you get that one sha, cold water for you
Kudos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? / Senators Order Dan Ali Monsur To Withdraw Statement On Anti-grazing Law / Your Govt Is Temporary, I’ll Reclaim My Mandate – Atiku Tells Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.