Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette (40665 Views)

Tinubu Files Emergency Appeal To Block Chicago University From Releasing Records / Ministerial Nominee, Sani Danladi Barred By Supreme Court From Political Office / Tinubu Files Suit To Stop LP, PDP From Halting Results’ Collation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Bluntemperor: 8:25pm On Aug 07, 2023
drlateef:

Atiku is going after a wild goose chase. He will come back with broken bones 😂😂😂

Which School did Atiku even attended?
What Certificate is he possessing by the way?
Which University Certificate is he placing before us?How did Atiku get Money to now established a University in Nigeria
When and how long did he worked as a Custom Officer to have the Money to run business?
We love to deceive ourselves in this Country and for a man who just wants others to fall because he wants to rule at any cost ,are these LP and PDP saying they are better qualified,?
The other months back,it is the Osun Governor,with different Certificates but we looked over all these, just to move Nigeria forward!
That is why I love average Northerners, unlike Dubai based!
Average Northerners believed that Elections is over,no more Campaign,we have declared the Winners, let's move Nigeria forward and if those elected don't do well,we can use our Votes in the next 4- yrs and votes them out for Non Performance, as done in abroad!
Not so here with the Southerners ! They want to Pulled you down and think they are wise!
PDP,LP ,Obi and their Members should know that the North is watching the kind of who the Southerners are, especially,Our Southeast brothers, whether they are trustworthy in any Democratic dispensation!
God bless Nigeria
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:26pm On Aug 07, 2023
taylor88:

He didn’t even travel to US with a male name

If not for tribalism Tinubu is not even qualified to be a WhatsApp group admin

grin grin......wahala .....but is true...

Tribalism and Religion with a full load of Propaganda in the media has really turned Nigel Republic into Giants of Africa and Nigeria into Nightmares of Africa.....

But is well, when Nigerians want to be better, we will all know from all Tribes...
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Fullfledged(m): 8:26pm On Aug 07, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Anybody that does not want to rest is on his own because, Chicago state university have made it clear tinubu attended and graduated from the school with distinction.

My brother this is even the more reason he should display it for everyone to see and rest.
Does he like all these controversies about him? Why is he trying to block people from seeing it?
Remember when there was controversy concerning Obama's place of birth spearheaded by Trump, he(Obama) displayed his birth certificate on CNN and other news media for all to see and everybody including Trump chilled. Same with Peter Obi when also there was controversy concerning his tertiary education. He also displayed his UNN certificate(Philosophy 2.2) on social media including Nairaland and everyone saw it and the controversy was put to bed.
So if actually Tinubu graduated with a distinction in Chicago State university like you say, he should gladly display it or allow access to his results for all to see. Are they going to do anything to it, is it not to see it?
Mark it, I am not saying he didn't graduate there o with distinction. I am only wondering why he is trying to block people(Atiku and Co.) from accessing his results

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Fisher400: 8:27pm On Aug 07, 2023
why would I be hiding my academic record if their is nothing wrong with the result

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 07, 2023
Jagaban Zukwanuike!
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Timtim007(f): 8:28pm On Aug 07, 2023
Dear upcoming politicians and etc...for the sake of your future

Do not joke with your present and future reputation..you may think that you are invisible but when the time is right... you will know that your past will come roaring into your future and only the seeds you have sown will save you..

See what is happening to PBAT....
sad
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Bigkoko: 8:29pm On Aug 07, 2023
It's quite obvious Asiwaju was not the same person CSU admitted. Na Oluwole he use take enter....

Tell me why a normal human being that claim to have attended school would like to prevent someone from checking for himself?

Two things Nigerians must immediately do, CSU or no CSU, Asiwaju must be forced out of that before he plunge Africa into a needless war where he is trying to please the West.

Remember Ukraine. more than 300k has already been buried. Pushed by the west, that was how Zelensky started. Now, they are leveraging on the dirts they have on him to make him continue the war on their own terms.

The same thing is happening with Asiwaju. He should just leave.

Newsweek last week call it an African Civil war. kenya, Uganda is squaring up to Sudan, might invade, pushed by the west. Asiwaju is squaring up to go after Niger. Dont say you were not told, you that sees everything from the eyes of APC vs PDP vs LP. Its all about survival of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 07, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Tinubu is right

The Nigerian president argued his academic records should not be released because they fell under a 1974 privacy law for American students.

Tinubu is protected by the 1974 privacy law for students who schooled in the USA.

Chicago state university confirmed the president of Nigeria attended and graduated with distinction and he also presented his BSc to INEC as his highest qualification while obi presented his GCE result as his highest qualification.

You are also correct. Infact if I was Tinubu and I really have nothing to hide I will allow them release it. After all don’t you think that proving that he indeed attended CSU as a male would strengthen his case? Don’t you think so my friend ? 😁😁😁

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by carlos1(m): 8:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
his supporters should b sha.med. tvfiakwa
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Angelfrost(m): 8:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
Dododawa01:

Why ExxonMobil didn't employ your papa? O boy grow up and focus on your life and u think Mobil will employ people without certificate

Please, don't be dull... There is a clear difference between a Certificate and a complete record of studentship in an institution...!

Have you ever wondered why Schools and Immigration abroad go the extra mile to request the latter above when admitting foreign students for higher degree programs??!

You can't compare job employment and what we are talking about here... How many organizations go the extra mile of researching and demanding transcripts of employees??!

I am not against the man you worship here, but argue with some modicum of intelligence abeg.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Funflipper: 8:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

So, why the fuss and haste to prevent making the results PUBLIC??! It's not the first time privacy breach is permitted by people willing to clear their names...

Why exactly is Tinubu concerned and invoking such an ancient law if Atiku is wasting his time??!

It's just like me being concerned and apprehensive about my Postgraduate results being made public by a foreign University... It's my result, I attended the school and completed my program successfully. Why should it make me worried that people are demanding a transcript from the school??!

Tinubu didn’t invoke anything. The academic institutions are guided by the laws of the United States. And for your information, if you think a law that was enacted in 1976 is acient in America, there are laws still in place dating back to the declaration of independence.
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by wrongnumber: 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2023
citygarden:
This is the work you will do till 2031. It is painful when your candidates did not win. Keep on the propaganda work.

Can I ask you one simple question...

If you have nothing to hide, will you block anyone from wanting to see your secondary school transcript?
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Angelfrost(m): 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2023
Funflipper:

Tinubu didn’t invoke anything. The academic institutions are guided by the laws of the United States. And for your information, if you think a law that was enacted in 1976 is acient in America, there are laws still in place dating back to the declaration of independence.

Okay... My question remains unanswered: Why the fuss?!!
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by WorldRichest: 8:32pm On Aug 07, 2023
taylor88:

He is Africa's number one political strategist and President of the most populous black nation on earth.

Who is your father?
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Bigkoko: 8:32pm On Aug 07, 2023
Now this is what he is trying to prevent:
1. His real age via his bio data
2. The people he listed as his family/next of kin etc.
3. His real names.
4. And any other lies he told then.

I once told someone, the mystery of who Asiwaju is lies with; Homeland Security, Justices Dept and the FBI.

Fullfledged:

My brother this is even the more reason he should display it for everyone to see and rest.
Does he like all these controversies about him? Why is he trying to block people from seeing it?
Remember when there was controversy concerning Obama's place of birth spearheaded by Trump, he(Obama) displayed his birth certificate on CNN and other news media for all to see and everybody including Trump chilled. Same with Peter Obi when also there was controversy concerning his tertiary education. He also displayed his UNN certificate(Philosophy 2.2) on social media including Nairaland and everyone saw it and the controversy was put to bed.
So if actually Tinubu graduated with a distinction in Chicago State university like you say, he should gladly display it or allow access to his results for all to see. Are they going to do anything to it, is it not to see it?
Mark it, I am not saying he didn't graduate there o with distinction. I am only wondering why he is trying to block people(Atiku and Co.) from accessing his results

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Tinubu is right

The Nigerian president argued his academic records should not be released because they fell under a 1974 privacy law for American students.

Tinubu is protected by the 1974 privacy law for students who schooled in the USA.

Chicago state university confirmed the president of Nigeria attended and graduated with distinction and he also presented his BSc to INEC as his highest qualification while obi presented his GCE result as his highest qualification.

Who are Tinubu's Parents?

The University confirmed that ONE students named BOLA TINUBU attended the University...

The name is not BOLA TINIBU AHMED

The confirmation didn't say whether it is a SHE or a HE....

What do you have to say is his issue with cocaine deals
Why would TINUBU be having a link with such issue??
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Omoawoke: 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2023
taylor88:

He did not even travel to the US at all.
He didn’t even complete primary school education
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by HRMK: 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2023
WHY IS ATIKU SO DESPERATE TO RULE THIS COUNTRY WHEN HE IS NOT DESTINED TO BE PRESIDENT?HE KNEW TINUBU COULD NOT BE SENT PACKING BY ANY COURT HENCE HIS STRATEGY TO GET HIM DISQUALIFIED FROM A USA COURT!BUT IT WONT WORK AT ALL!!
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by chaloskyx: 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2023
Does anyone on Nairaland have a problem releasing his or her results? cause i just dont understand o. your enemies have been attacking you over your result i would think you would keep them shut by releasing it rather than arming them with even more evidence

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Omoawoke: 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2023
wrongnumber:

Can I ask you one simple question...

If you have nothing to hide, will you block anyone from wanting to see your secondary school transcript?

You have nothing to hide, why don’t you post your secondary school and university transcript here on Borland

I challenge you to open a thread and post them here on nairaland
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Funflipper: 8:41pm On Aug 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

Please, don't be dull... There is a clear difference between a Certificate and a complete record of studentship in an institution...!

Have you ever wondered why Schools and Immigration abroad go the extra mile to request the latter above when admitting foreign students for higher degree programs??!

You can't compare job employment and what we are talking about here... How many organizations go the extra mile of researching and demanding transcripts of employees??!

I am not against the man you worship here, but argue with some modicum of intelligence abeg.

If you guys are clever enough, you should be providing more proofs that a female Bola A. Tinubu exists in the first place. Like where she lived in chigaco, her family, her friends, her driving records, her work history, if she is still alive otherwise where was buried. Many Nigerians like to swallow anything that will sooth their emotions even if it is a lie. That is one of the reasons the country is grounded on its knees.
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Dreamhighnow(m): 8:41pm On Aug 07, 2023
drlateef:
See wailings all over the place. Tinubu has his picture on graduate list. He was even a graduate assistant teaching his classmates. His senior colleague in same attested to that. Atiku is just wasting all the stolen money he acquired while being vice president. The Americans will swoop on him. He will pay heavy fines for needless lawsuits.

Yes. He knows he will pay and he can afford it
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Dijita: 8:42pm On Aug 07, 2023
optimusprime2:

B.A.T is the number 1 public official of Nigeria as a sitting president. So he automatically falls under one of the 12 statutory exemptions of the 1974 privacy act of 1974.

https://www.justice.gov/opcl/privacy-act-1974#:~:text=The%20Privacy%20Act%20prohibits%20the,one%20of%20twelve%20statutory%20exceptions.

Look B.A.T will be exposed very soon, he can't keep this up for long.

I don't think he has more profile than American presidents. If they did not release the college record of American presidents, I don't think Nigeria president will be consider to be more important. It does not mean the court cannot side with Atiku but that is a long route that can go all the way to supreme court if Tinubu so decided.

My opinion is that Tinubu probably bought the paper he used to travel to the united states and then went to school in the united states. I think Atiku knows this lawsuit is not going to go anywhere but to embarrass the president. It is all politics.
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Ikaeniyan0: 8:43pm On Aug 07, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

Who are Tinubu's Parents?

The University confirmed that ONE students named BOLA TINUBU attended the University...

The name is not BOLA TINIBU AHMED

The confirmation didn't say whether it is a SHE or a HE....

What do you have to say is his issue with cocaine deals
Why would TINUBU be having a link with such issue??
President tinubu is part of CSU alumni
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Fujiyama: 8:43pm On Aug 07, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Yes! Ignorant, clueless, bitter, backward and hate filled supporters like you that keep on believing Tinubu didn't attend chicago state university even after the institution confirmed he attended and graduated with distinction are the set of people holding back the country alongside politicians.

^^^

Slip it in quietly and it will be unmasked noisily. grin

There was no graduation with distinction anywhere. cheesy

Most universities in the US system recognize distinction with the Latin terms "cum laude", "summa cum laude" and "magna cum laude". Bola Tinubu did not graduate with any of these.

This is the same way some liars started peddling the nonsense about Musiliu Akisanya's (aka MC Oluomo) son being a physician - whereas nothing could be further from the truth.

It is not a crime to graduate with a regular university degree. There are millions of us in that group and we are doing just fine. We don't claim laurels that aren't ours...and we're still doing just fine.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by ChristineC: 8:44pm On Aug 07, 2023
Tinubu is a confirmed criminal then.
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Ikaeniyan0: 8:44pm On Aug 07, 2023
DominusPrime:

You are also correct. Infact if I was Tinubu and I really have nothing to hide I will allow them release it. After all don’t you think that proving that he indeed attended CSU as a male would strengthen his case? Don’t you think so my friend ? 😁😁😁
He has nothing to prove. CSU confirmed he attended the school, that's what matters
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Dijita: 8:45pm On Aug 07, 2023
chaloskyx:
Does anyone on Nairaland have a problem releasing his or her results? cause i just dont understand o. your enimies have been attacking you ober your result i would thinl you would keep them shut by realeasing it rather than arming them with even more evidence
How many politicians have you ever seen that willingly release their college record. Even in the US, they refuse to release their record as their college record
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by salem1996: 8:45pm On Aug 07, 2023
taylor88:

Weyyy weyyy weyýyy see shege oooooo grin grin make some of una deh remember heaven at times na embarassed
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Bigkoko: 8:46pm On Aug 07, 2023
You are smart..... There are two places you can get that: CSU and the States Department.
CSU can be easily compelled to release it than the States Department.

If Asiwaju thinks he will have peace after stealing a mandate taht belongs to Nigerian youths, then he has no idea what will hit him soon! money he has. Power he has. Sweet aunty Kemi he has. He should just leave power for someone capable to handle.

NaBanga:
Obviously this is not about the record being male or female. Tinubu would not be able to sue if it was a woman who graduated, because he cannot sue on behalf of the woman. In addition, there was a graduation as stated by the university. There is something else about Tinubu's record that Atiku wants to expose. It may not be the record, but something that he submitted when attending the university.
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Ikaeniyan0: 8:47pm On Aug 07, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^

Slip it in quietly and it will be unmasked noisily. grin

There was no graduation with distinction anywhere. cheesy

Most universities in the US system recognize distinction with the Latin terms "cum laude", "summa cum laude" and "magna cum laude". Bola Tinubu did not graduate with any of these.

This is the same way some liars started peddling the nonsense about Musiliu Akisanya's (aka MC Oluomo) son being a physician - whereas nothing could be further from the truth.

It is not a crime to graduate with a regular university degree. There are millions of us in that group and we are doing just fine. We don't claim laurels that aren't ours...and we're still doing just fine.

Tinubu was awarded a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business and Administration with honours on June 22, 1979. His major was Accounting.”
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by anyilalaz: 8:49pm On Aug 07, 2023
In Nigeria, you can't work in any "A" organization without tendering a copy of your school documents. Viz a Viz, a background check will be done without you even knowing...WAEC, DEGREE, HND, NYSC. etc

If there is nothing to worry I don't need to stop any interested party who want to go and verify.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Uchechi Okwu Kanu Performs 'Ritual' To Actualize Biafra (Video, Photos) / Momment Peter Obi Clapped To Kashim Shettima's Economic Plan (Video) / Bala Ngilari Spent N400M On Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.