Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick (25115 Views)

Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. / Oparanozie Bus-Stop In France Named After Super Falcons Star / Desire Oparanozie's Goal Nominated As The Most Beautiful Goal In The French Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by justking(m): 10:15pm On Aug 07, 2023
Accepted
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by NFBI: 10:15pm On Aug 07, 2023
They tried very well

1 Like

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:16pm On Aug 07, 2023
Pwettylinda:
Theifnubuu is a bad luck to Nigeria undecided undecided

If it were a lady from the south west that blew the penalty lol. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Maize247(f): 10:16pm On Aug 07, 2023
Nobody should blame you but your coach for allowing you in just to come and play penalty having being on the bench till almost the end of the match. No matter how good the lady is with penalty. The mind, leg and the body is not active at the important time. That penalty must be his second or third touches of the game. What a stupid coach

2 Likes

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Adeyinka123: 10:17pm On Aug 07, 2023
Abeg! Do not apologise to us o! We are grateful to GOD for having you guys. You all remain our heroes

2 Likes

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by AllenSpencer: 10:18pm On Aug 07, 2023
It’s life!

You gave your all!

2 Likes

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by AllenSpencer: 10:19pm On Aug 07, 2023
Adeyinka123:
Abeg! Do not apologise to us o! We are grateful to GOD for having you guys. You all remain our heroes

Exactly!

They are the only sport team in Nigeria still making Nigerians happy!

Those super eagles need to be all tied to a log and shot with a ballistic missile.

4 Likes

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Menclothing: 10:21pm On Aug 07, 2023
This is hilarious
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by callmevirus(m): 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2023
No need to apologize it happens
I never believe that it will end in penalty

Great team #falcons

1 Like

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by alhajiabdulbuha: 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2023
Tinubu is ill luck to Nigeria and secondly he wants to push into unguided war
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by fergie001: 10:23pm On Aug 07, 2023
AllenSpencer:

Exactly!

They are the only sport team in Nigeria still making Nigerians happy!

Those super eagles need to be all tied to a log and shot with a ballistic missile.
If there is anything our boys should learn from these girls, it's the tenacity and ball recovery.

Like everyone of them have a man to mark, one loses the ball and another is there to cover.

I am indeed Proud of them.....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by alhajiabdulbuha: 10:23pm On Aug 07, 2023
Tinubu is ill luck and he wants to use his aged drug brain to push Nigerian into unguided wa with its neighbors
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Progress62(m): 10:24pm On Aug 07, 2023
meum:
No stress yourself jare. You are not the first to miss a spot kick.
na pena na
We understand
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by AllenSpencer: 10:25pm On Aug 07, 2023
fergie001:
If there is anything our boys should learn from these girls, it's the tenacity and ball recovery.

Like everyone of them have a man to mark, one loses the ball and another is there to cover.

I am indeed Proud of them.....

The super eagles have lost zeal, patriotism, hunger for victory and discipline.

That team is more of fashion models, than football players.

If a transparent and discipline coach should handle that team, few will make first eleven.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by humberjade: 10:28pm On Aug 07, 2023
Pwettylinda:

Yet, D'Tigeress won the Nations Cup? πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Emma1Oj(m): 10:29pm On Aug 07, 2023
Come and see me crying today like I lost billions..!! The girls emotions over powered me..!! Never knew I could be so emotional for our girls...but if na the men, I won't even bother watching it. Infact, I don't even know when ever our men wan play self. I'm still in pain till now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by blackmantis: 10:32pm On Aug 07, 2023
Watched you gals play and was not disappointed.

Keep ya heads up you were wonderful......ND that Alozie gal.

1 Like

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Guyman01: 10:33pm On Aug 07, 2023
Like one big football star said sometime ago, missing penalty in a knockout match is one of worst experiences for any football, you will be depressed for least one month as you keep blaming yourself for not listening to that small voice and instinct that was telling you to kick the ball to the right

2 Likes

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Seniormanfeyi06(m): 10:36pm On Aug 07, 2023
I love the way my girl plumtre proved her class to the whole world. Some said she was only allowed to play because she is white. Now u have seen her quality.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Curse777: 10:36pm On Aug 07, 2023
Fine you lost... But you girls made us so happy and proud

We can only say thanks for the wonderful time you gave Nigerians in this trying times

1 Like

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Kdon2: 10:39pm On Aug 07, 2023
Pwettylinda:

See your life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Danidinho4: 10:40pm On Aug 07, 2023
You made us proud.

1 Like

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by flokii: 10:41pm On Aug 07, 2023
I wouldn't want to believe it was deliberate sabotage on her part but still, apologies accepted.. Life goes on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by LagosFirstSon: 10:46pm On Aug 07, 2023
You girls played excellently well so heads up

Penalty is game of luck, it could go both ways .

I am proud of you girls today

1 Like

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 07, 2023
Nobody is perfect, you guys tried walaihi

1 Like

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Deeneji84: 10:52pm On Aug 07, 2023
Pwettylinda:
Bitterness go soon finish digging your grave. Just wait
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Angelfrost(m): 10:58pm On Aug 07, 2023
Southgate, Rashford, Kane, and many top players missed critical penalties... It's football.

Penalty shootouts are no man's land... There are no experts! Just lucky and unlucky people.

You guys should never have allowed the game get to penalties with ample time on the clock, and playing a team with one less player.

So, the blame is on the entire team, not a player that missed a spot kick.

In all, it's all for the best... Let the destined and most hardworking team win the tournament.
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by 76Naira(m): 11:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
olus01:
Though penalty is a game of luck
But her own PK is too worst

Not as "worst" as you state.
They did their best; better luck next time.
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by bakol: 11:06pm On Aug 07, 2023
Is he also an ill-luck to the Basketball team that won the finals in the other tournament?

Your mates like Bosun Tijani are getting nominated for Ministerial positions because of their level of intelligence while you are shamelessly spaming nairaland with a senseless comment.

Please, get a life. Elections are over.

alhajiabdulbuha:
Tinubu is ill luck to Nigeria and secondly he wants to push into unguided war

1 Like

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
fergie001:
Oparanozie replaced Payne in the 113rd min of ET. She missed the first Penalty kick, one that did prove costly for the Super Falcons

Desire Oparanozie

There was a big show of support for the Bull by Nigerians, former and present Super Eagles and Super Falcons' players led by Captain Chiamaka Nnadozie.

Are they ladies or men!
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Newness2019: 11:41pm On Aug 07, 2023
fergie001:

AMAZING PERORMANCE GIRLS - GOD BLESS YOU ALL REAL GOOD.

YOU DON'T NEED TO APOLOGIZE PRETTY LADY. WE REJOICE WITH AND ARE REALLY PROUD OF YOU ALL.

THANK YOU FOR PROOFING THAT THERE'S DIGNITY IN LABOUR.

2 Likes

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by DodadaKoKigbe: 11:44pm On Aug 07, 2023
Pwettylinda:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Everton Completes The Signing Of Theo Walcott From Arsenal / Tusquets: Messi Should Have Been Sold, Says Barca Boss / South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.