Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick (25116 Views)

Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. / Oparanozie Bus-Stop In France Named After Super Falcons Star / Desire Oparanozie's Goal Nominated As The Most Beautiful Goal In The French Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by fergie001: 11:52pm On Aug 07, 2023
AllenSpencer:

The super eagles have lost zeal, patriotism, hunger for victory and discipline.

That team is more of fashion models, than football players.

If a transparent and discipline coach should handle that team, few will make first eleven.
The only person I watch there is Victor Osimhen.
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by sameks08(m): 12:02am On Aug 08, 2023
The only one that deserve blame as long as this country is consign is INEC and not you girls. You girls deserve accolades

1 Like

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 12:03am On Aug 08, 2023
Xedi:
Please dear people of Nairaland forgive me,
Have mercy on me, if I can help myself I won't be here begging for your help, please come to my aid, I've been seeking assistance on nairaland.
I'm  celestine am 31 year of age frm Enugu State Awgu L G A.I have a spine injury @ neck that has have keeps me indoor mostly for d past 15 years.It also affected my hand making me not able to use my finger normally i.e I can't pick up thing from floor.
my problem now is that life has been very difficult for us I and my aged mom.to provide feeding and some medicine is hard,
I don't have anything doing for now.living with pains and bed sore on both Buttocks and continual urine Infection,Not able to Go for
routine hospital visit due lack of funds.
Please I am pleading to well meaning Nigerians come to our aid, my mom has been sick for long due to complications of poorly manage dia-betes and BP.
I'm asking for your financial help to enable go for medical, the last doctor i see said I need to do MRI scan test, which I don't have the funds for now,pls no matter how
Small it will enable us get some medicine,food and other basic items for my daily SCI cares.
I depend on some daily medical supplies for survival pls I need your help.
Acct :

Celestine
First Bank
Location: Nkpor anambra state.am available for video call/physical verification my phone number and address is not hidden. Watch the video below to confirm .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxxOAKrZDSs

please come to my aid I don't have any other choice, I'm not a scammer if to say life was a little bit easy for me I won't be doing this always I can prove my condition beyond any reasonable doubt. thanks and remain blessed

Useless scammer
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Perfectnumber6(m): 12:10am On Aug 08, 2023
Throwback:
Your apology is accepted.

But you should know you are now past your prime and should be considering retirement.

Abi no be the same Oparanozie we don dey hear about since 2010 when she shine for under 20 womens world cup?

32 or 33 years for man no be joke, not to talk of woman wey dey age faster than men.

Since Dem born u , u don ever play even Felele for ur entire life before mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Kukutente23: 12:12am On Aug 08, 2023
Throwback:

But you should know you are now past your prime and should be considering retirement.

Abi no be the same Oparanozie we don dey hear about since 2010 when she shine for under 20 womens world cup?

32 or 33 years for man no be joke, not to talk of woman wey dey age faster than men.
What does her age have to do with missing a penalty?
And women can play to their late thirties too
Many examples abound
Stop showing your ignorance

2 Likes

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by saintkel(m): 12:23am On Aug 08, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Na so. sad

One of the Moronic APC Miscreants spotted. embarassed 😒
u even get time reply that ingrate

2 Likes

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Chuzoetoh(m): 12:24am On Aug 08, 2023
southsouthking:
If Yakubu Ayeigbeni couldn't score an open net without a goalie, who are you to blame yourself by missing a penalty shoot out, even the best player on earth can miss a penalty.

You girls made up proud
Desire 'yakubued' the ball past the post.
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by jimcaddy(m): 12:24am On Aug 08, 2023
I knew that if it got to penalty that Nigeria would lose. Our problem is scoring goals. Our strikers are not prolific. The only prolific striker we have is Asisat. Asides her, no one else is prolific. That's the reason we crashed out.

1 Like

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by JOemmy(m): 12:28am On Aug 08, 2023
Oshuola should have started the penalty kick for nigeria I don't understand why the white coach preferred to pick nnadozie who haven't been playing.
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 08, 2023
We go hard next time.
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by specialmati(m): 12:41am On Aug 08, 2023
kestolove95:
She's working for biafra
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin biafra inside nigeria the team did well
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by gaskiyamagana: 12:43am On Aug 08, 2023
Penalty is a game of luck in football. Tendering an apology is act of self respect. Blaming you by anyone is disrespect for you girls forcing almighty English women to draw for the duration of normal time.

1 Like

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by IbileIfe: 1:02am On Aug 08, 2023
Cheer up!
She was not mentally fit for the spot kick.

Shoot to score.
Forget about angles.
Learn from the great Rashidi Yekini of blessed memory.
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Nobody: 1:46am On Aug 08, 2023
jimcaddy:
I knew that if it got to penalty that Nigeria would lose. Our problem is scoring goals. Our strikers are not prolific. The only prolific striker we have is Asisat. Asides her, no one else is prolific. That's the reason we crashed out.
going forward...we need a deadly cf.. the team is great

1 Like

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by PaNnamdi: 1:50am On Aug 08, 2023
Throwback:

grin grin
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by PaNnamdi: 1:57am On Aug 08, 2023
Emma1Oj:
Come and see me crying today like I lost billions..!! The girls emotions over powered me..!! Never knew I could be so emotional for our girls...but if na the men, I won't even bother watching it. Infact, I don't even know when ever our men wan play self. I'm still in pain till now.
Bro just tell me the truth.

Why u go use your house rent money play game for this match on bet9ja

Tell me,I promise nobody go hear the secret cool
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Emma1Oj(m): 2:12am On Aug 08, 2023
PaNnamdi:

Bro just tell me the truth.

Why u go use your house rent money play game for this match on bet9ja

Tell me,I promise nobody go hear the secret cool
Lol.. I no bet.. na that our oyibo defender make me pay attention to the game. She has this romantic touches and spaces with the ball. na der I com love our girls energy and determination.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Mosba: 2:16am On Aug 08, 2023
I couldn't watch the match, but I was like wow! We held England to a draw even after extra time? Then I saw that they were redcarded then I realized it was the red card not really our girls who held them to the goaless draw.
That notwithstanding it's no doubt African teams are coming closer to the round table of this world football tournament. Just one more push and next world cup could be ours. Best of luck next time. As for apology? You guys did more than expected already.
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by thadotech(m): 2:17am On Aug 08, 2023
So proud of the team!
Especially when nothing good is around for us to appreciate.

Naija babes we are proud and remember, "we can't win it all."

We gat God and they gat God too!
Who God go favour na em decision!
Cheer up darlins because you all did well.

*Proudly Naija*
Viva Barca
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Juju70(m): 2:26am On Aug 08, 2023
Poor coaching, lots of ball watching. Players not running up when they have the advantage. With a deadly strike like oshoala. Pretty disappointing. Just my opinion
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by phabulux: 2:42am On Aug 08, 2023
Pwettylinda:
Theifnubuu is a bad luck to Nigeria undecided undecided

Madness no suppose kill you today. You're just crazy.

Oloshi!
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Reference(m): 3:05am On Aug 08, 2023
Maize247:
Nobody should blame you but your coach for allowing you in just to come and play penalty having being on the bench till almost the end of the match. No matter how good the lady is with penalty. The mind, leg and the body is not active at the important time. That penalty must be his second or third touches of the game. What a stupid coach

Good spot.
It is like taking a car out of storage for a long journey. Anything you see you take.

I have often said that in professional sports form is everything. Ask pro punters. Sentiment is the father of failure. The best man on the say generally wins. The hottest players on the pitch should take the spot kicks.
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Reference(m): 3:10am On Aug 08, 2023
And later today the third colonial master will complete the rout of their former servants after the Dutch bundled South Africa out and England ended the progress of Nigeria.
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Baba4kinatu(m): 4:34am On Aug 08, 2023
meum:
No stress yourself jare. You are not the first to miss a spot kick.

Messi also missed severally for Argentina, when the ovation was loudest. In the finals of the COPA America
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by sylve11: 4:40am On Aug 08, 2023
It's okay girls. Better luck next time. cool
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Pat081: 4:55am On Aug 08, 2023
Pwettylinda:
bad luck but basketball ladies come home with cup
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by Nkemgboye: 4:55am On Aug 08, 2023
Opara, don't be too hard on yourself. Our politicians have been missing penalties and sitters since the British turned the country over to them 100 years ago. In fact, they'have been scoring own goals from that time till date and right now, balablu has hit the woodwork multiple times since he got sworn in end of May, and is about to score a hattrick of own goals by his endorsement of asari's madness, his appointment of ministers, especially that insane parrot called Keyamo and his intended invasion of Niger and a potential collision with Wagner and trans-saharan jihadists in Niger! 😕

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by sweetgala(m): 5:00am On Aug 08, 2023
Pwettylinda:

Iike say dem don win the ones before
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by sweetgala(m): 5:04am On Aug 08, 2023
alhajiabdulbuha:
Tinubu is ill luck and he wants to use his aged drug brain to push Nigerian into unguided wa with its neighbors

You don talk am already for up there thank you.

1 Like

Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by riczy(m): 5:05am On Aug 08, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Na so. sad

One of the Moronic APC Miscreants spotted. embarassed 😒
if she/they had win, u wud av been reading "Igboamaka" dts why d lad made d comment, no comments as such sofar!
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by kingjooo(m): 5:54am On Aug 08, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

No need to apologise baby girl

Na who nor dey play ball go criticise for the penalty miss

The only time I go for blame una na when England get red card una for use that opportunity Bury them sharp
exactly brother
Re: Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick by charlizonto: 6:04am On Aug 08, 2023
No qualms
But I'm still wondering why Alozie took her penalty with her left foot when she's indeed a right footed footballer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Everton Completes The Signing Of Theo Walcott From Arsenal / Tusquets: Messi Should Have Been Sold, Says Barca Boss / South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.