Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? (12107 Views)

Reno Omokri: I Don't Know If Polygamy Is A Sin / Men! We Really Need To Rethink Our Life And Our Trusts! / Should We Really Ignore Dysfunctional Families? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Bimbilla(m): 9:12am On Aug 17, 2023
How many sisters do you have
talented321:
Normally i like the idea of polygamy but on second thought, what are the reason for engaging in polygamy? because
1. The target is to born 2 to 6 children'' and i think one woman can born such amount of children except life circumstances.
* And i think one understanding woman is better than two troublesome wives''
* And i don't think sex is am enough reason to take another wife, except your present woman is giving a tough time for D sex
Pls experience elders in the house what are the benefits of polygamy when somebody has an understanding woman.
Pls is for men''
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by kazyhm(m): 9:43am On Aug 17, 2023
Jovialjune1:

Next time you want to quote me, make sure you come with facts instead of ignorance

Men are more than women in the world

Men are more than women in Nigeria

Now if Men are more than women,
1) [quote]marriageable age of men will be more than that of women, this is basic common
[/b]sense,
Note that 2) [[b]quote]marriageable age is different from wanting to get married because statistics says that men are more willing to marry and stay in marriage than women, that's why men do 99.9999% of the proposing than women(again, common sense)[/quote]
while women mostly initiates divorce and opt out of marriages, an example of this thorough research is China because they are the 2nd highest population with the highest ratio of men to women ( I intentionally did a little research this night on this facts to negate your baseless comment) so digest this basic fact and rest.

[/quote]
Read what you wrote again....when reality defiled statistical analysis.....it speaks volumes about the analyzer.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by phemmyfour: 10:23am On Aug 17, 2023
talented321:
Oga the same thing applicable to women' say u get?
It's not applicable. For women, it's about money. That's why they don't mind being third, fourth or fifth wife of a wealthy man
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by abdullahi45: 11:10am On Aug 17, 2023
Yinkusgold:

Exaggeration

Abdullahi45

I know right. She is trying very hard to defend her points.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by abdullahi45: 11:18am On Aug 17, 2023
Puss360:

Wahala... Oya judge for yourself...
I hate unnecessary argument...

And I'm done with this topic..
Make I rest ...

And don't forget to check the remaining 10 countries.

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Adesina12: 12:03pm On Aug 17, 2023
Puss360:
Psychologically, Humans are the most difficult species to understand...
Benefits of Polygamy heavily lies on the mentality of the Man... Not the woman...
There are many reasons men go into polygamy... Some are for sex, some are for children, some are for love generally....
But the most absurd is those who marry "to help some women avoid being a spinster"....

Years back when the earth isn't so populated and technologically advanced,we can encourage polygamy to have more children to increase agricultural production...
But now, this 21st century, Polygamy is an "Economic weigh down" on any country that allows polygamy...
We might not agree, but top 20 richest countries in terms of GDP PPP, doesn't support polygamy, infact most sef are LGBTQ friendly so as to reduce population and increase production and wealth to share among available citizens ...

Don't quote me blindly, do your research and think....

In addition; it's easier for a single man to have 6 kids and train to maximum 18yrs, but it's a heavy burden to the government to provide social amenities to all those kids...
6 kids from one man, uses government road, government electricity, government hospital, occupy government school...
All of dem from one man... Lol...
Now imagine 50 men having 6 kids each... And only like 35 of the men are working...
Isn't it a heavy burden

Is your submission biblical or Quranic?
I hope you have married sha so that when the consequence of your utterance bounce back on you, you won't beg to be 8th wife of Oni of Ife
Many that found themselves in polygamy are like you that just spew things out without consider the law of nature
what do we have single ladies dating married guys
why do we have so many unmarried adult ladies looking for husband
your gender is a very selfish one. why will you marry and see many ready but unmarried
if there is no single man to marry them, they must not also accept the proposal of married men?
You forget about destiny!
Check your fingers, are they the same?
Why are we more successful that others with the same qualification and expertise?
Why some are rich and some poor even with their hard working mentality?
If you are lucky to be married to one man one wife, thank your creator. Some are praying to be 10th wife and their prayer is yet to be answered.
You are free to tongue lash me madam analyst
I rest my case
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Babastrong(m): 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2023
Nature
creates
male
and
female
children
in
the
ratio
3:11.
so,
if
you
peg
the
number
of
woman
a
man
must
marry
as
who
will
marry
the
other
8?.
simple
logic,
the
population
of
women
nature
produces
daily
triple
that
of
men.

1 Like

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by codesport(m): 4:52pm On Aug 17, 2023
talented321:
Okay if u said so, and u don't know if i'm married?
Eyah! I taught I read it somewhere in the message. One of the main reason why married men opt for 2nd, 3rd, 4th wives is to maintain their sanity....women actions sometimes can be provocative(you must promptly responds or provide for their needs) they would deny you your conjugal duties at will, they wouldn't accept you bringing more wife/wives and still wouldn't want you to commit adultery.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by yinkeys(m): 3:51am On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
Are you a Muslim
Traditionalist
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by maduxs: 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2023
talented321:
what about the woman is giving birth and don't give u problem?
then you have no reason to marry another woman
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Expanse2020(m): 9:02am On Aug 20, 2023
Yinkusgold:

You are ignorant Ignoramus with stupid and misleading statistics, go and check population of male to female in the world, nonsense!

Read and research more , don't you know that there are more baby boys at birth in human?

IconicR
IconicR if I catch you eehhn you go smell pepper
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 20, 2023
Expanse2020:

I sell pepper
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Expanse2020(m): 9:12am On Aug 20, 2023
IconicR:
I sell pepper
Ok dey watch ur back for this forum
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 20, 2023
Expanse2020:

Ok dey watch ur back for this forum
Don't forget to watch your own
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Yinkusgold: 6:57pm On Aug 20, 2023
Expanse2020:

U are not okay with your non - okay statistics.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Expanse2020(m): 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2023
tongue tongue tongue
Yinkusgold:

U are not okay with your non - okay statistics.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Yinkusgold: 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2023
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by izonborn098(m): 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2023
1Sharon:

Take your kid to who? Your family members shey?
so i should take my kids to another person or what are u asking' when i'm still alive..... Madam to raise a kid is not hard for all men'' okay....
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by 1Sharon(f): 7:27pm On Aug 23, 2023
izonborn098:
so i should take my kids to another person or what are u asking' when i'm still alive..... Madam to raise a kid is not hard for all men'' okay....

Nigerian men that think its a woman's job? Good luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers / Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry / Letter To Nigerian Parents.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.