Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

God Of Justice 1; A Story Filled With Lessons And Suspense - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / God Of Justice 1; A Story Filled With Lessons And Suspense (144 Views)

TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) / Forever In Love (love Story Filled With Emotions) / Magical Attraction (A Romance Suspense Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Of Justice 1; A Story Filled With Lessons And Suspense by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 09, 2023
Title: God Of Justice

Chapter 1

Created By Tunde Olak, original author

PG: This story is suitable ages above 13yrs.

My name is Cynthia Okeke, I came from a very poor family. Being the only daughter of my parents I did all sort of hustle to cater for my mom. My dad died few years ago. There is a word my late father used to say anytime I set out for school. He would say "God is good and just. Always believe in him". He explained to me that God is the best of all judges. He avenge for the sake of the one who has been cheated. Fortunately, last week after sitting for the last paper for the West African Examinations Council (WAEC). Our principal, Mrs Ibironke secured a domestic work for me at one house.

The house belonged to Anthony's family. As stated by Mrs Ibironke. I was very delighted that day because I will have the chance to work harder since I am done with exams. I rushed home to explain the matter to my mother. She was very excited to hear the good news.

"Thank God ooo My daughter when are you going, is it now?" She asked in an excited manner.

"No mama my principal mentioned tomorrow" I responded.

I could observe that my mother couldn't sleep early that night until it was almost daybreak. She was busy praying. The following day I and Mrs Ibironke went the house. When we got to the gate, the gateman who had recognized Mrs Ibironke greeted us as we went inside. I had never imagined in life that I will step into such luxurious mansion. I saw a flashy room "maybe this is gateman's room". I thought until I saw a bold inscription written on the entrance GENERATOR ROOM.

"What! So this is generator room" I had to keep those thoughts within myself. When we stepped we met the family sitting comfortable on their sofa. "Welcome Mrs Ibironke" the father uttered. By seeing them I have already figured out father, mother and their son.

"Good morning sir! Good morning ma!" I knelt before them and greet them.

"This girl would be very respectful from her appearance". Said the mother.

"Well have a seat. My name is Mr Anthony, my wife Mrs Anthony and our beloved son, Ike". Said the father as he reached for a cup of juice served in his front.

"Thank you Mr Anthony. Cynthia is like a daughter to me and I can assure you that she would never disappoint you". Said Mrs Ibironke.

"I hope so. That reminds me concerning the payment. She will be receiving 16 thousand Naira monthly. And I will be saving 40 thousand Naira. So when she's ready to leave I can give her all the savings. Isn't that okay" Mrs Anthony asked.

"Yes it's Okay ma. Then what about sleeping. Would it be daily or ... Just decide ma". Said Mrs Ibironke

"Okay she stays with us from Mon-Fri then return to her mother weekend" Said Mrs Anthony.

After the agreement was finalized I went back home to explain to my mother. She was in support of it and I picked my important wears. Before resumed the work, I explained to my boyfriend, Jackson. He was very happy that at least the money I gathered with the one he gets from his hustle, we would use it to further our education.

Few days after I start working I noticed something unusual about their son Ike. He stares at me anytime I work in the kitchen. "Thank God that I have a boyfriend" I said inward. I use to wear long gown so that I will not look attractive before Ike. One day he asked me "Cynthia don't you wear jeans and those pencil trouser. Or I should get one for you". And I responded "No I'm not used to such wears".

Ike was a very gentle and calm person. But I wondered why he was so much interested in me. The following morning made it 3 weeks since I started working with the family. His parents had went to a naming ceremony and it happened that he didn't go to work. I could notice that he glanced at me anytime I walked to the kitchen. I suspected that he was pretending to be carried away with the football match he was watching.

All of a sudden, he followed me to my room. "What happened Ike. Hope there's no problem". I asked as my heart was beating so fast.

Then he said "sit down I have something to tell you".

Chapter 2 will be out soon.

To be the first to receive it please FOLLOW me up.

(1) (Reply)

Agent 7: James Bodi The Flash Fiction / Philophobia / Bound To The Ruthless Alpha Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.