Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,205 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel (12730 Views)

81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele / Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel / Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by ijustdey: 8:27pm On Aug 09, 2023
Taiwo Oyedele, Chairman of the Presidential Committee on Tax Policy and Fiscal Reforms, has recommended that the Value Added Tax on Automotive Gas Oil, better known as diesel, be suspended.

According to Oyedele, the VAT suspension will soften the economic impact of President Bola Tinubu’s decision to remove fuel subsidies.

Oyedele stated this on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily programme on Wednesday, 9th October 2023.

He said, “What the President wants us to do is that within the first 30 days, there are those low-hanging fruits that people have generally agreed that this is a problem, but nobody has done anything about it.

Personally, for example, this is not promising that it would be done, but I think that we should suspend VAT on diesel because we removed fuel subsidy on petrol and prices are going up.”

Oyedele went further to say that the nation’s fiscal governance encompasses concerns ranging from the debt ceiling to the deficit-to-GDP ratio (as specified in the Fiscal Responsibility Act), revenue generation reporting, and spending quality.

Oyedele stated that many persons in the tax net, particularly the middle and upper classes, are not in compliance with tax legislation, adding that “some of them are in the tax net with one or two fingers.” In reality, our aim is to abolish many of the taxes that currently make doing business difficult while collecting more.”

He advised that, for the nation’s economy to benefit from revenue generation, the collection of revenue should be assigned primarily to the Federal Inland Revenue Service, while reducing the revenue generation burden on the Federal Government’s Ministries, Departments, and Agencies.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/presidential-tax-committee-chair-recommends-suspension-of-vat-on-diesel/

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by Taylor90: 8:28pm On Aug 09, 2023
They don cripple fuel

They’re heading to diesel now

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by NwaNimo1(m): 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2023
A tax reduction?

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 09, 2023
Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by Alchemy528: 8:30pm On Aug 09, 2023
it's alright

Contact me for your academic assignment thesis,power point presentation, proposal, article, available for any field of writing using Turnitin provide quality works just WhatsApp me below
Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:31pm On Aug 09, 2023
Taylor90:
They don cripple fuel

Taylor90 are you an illiterate? grin

206 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by Lanretoye(m): 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2023
Nice move,It will reduce the effect of the petrol subsidy removal.
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Are you an iliterate? grin
are you reasoning to words from the gutters?.some people will always see no good nomatter what.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 09, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

See your brown teeth

He said "suspend" which means sooner or later they are still going to tax diesel. Who is the illiterate now?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by Taylor90: 8:34pm On Aug 09, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Yes

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by Taylor90: 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2023
Rayban25:

See your brown teeth

He said "suspend" which means sooner or later they are still going to tax diesel. Who is the illiterate now?

You get time oo

Explaining to an Ebola patient

You no see say I answered “YES” to end the argument

10 Likes

Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:38pm On Aug 09, 2023
Lanretoye:
Nice move,It will reduce the effect of the petrol subsidy removal.are you reasoning to words from the gutters ?.some people will always see no good nomatter what.

A friend of mine who has a p!g farm will always tell me that he does all his best to satisfy his pigs but they still show attitude of not being fulfilled. Lol grin

I told him, a p!g is a gluttonous animal. There is no way you can satisfy that animal. grin

I advised him to change to rearing rams, cows and goats and feed them with agbado. They don't complain. Naturally grateful and contented. cheesy

But p!gs. lipsrsealed

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by festacman(m): 8:47pm On Aug 09, 2023
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by Newkin(f): 9:10pm On Aug 09, 2023
Please we are dying

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by AmadeGTG: 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2023
K
Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by grandstar(m): 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2023
I too to some extent believe VAT be suspended.

In years to come, Nigeria could become like oil producing Britain which generates more from taxing refined oil than from the royalties and petroleum profit taxes made from the sale of crude oil.

4 Likes

Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by Obakoolex(m): 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2023
Nice one

They should please do something about Bank charges too undecided

4 Likes

Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by EyeCumInPiece: 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2023
Anything that will reduce revenue collected, will not go down well with eBola aka Zacchaeus the Tax Collector, Walahi!

6 Likes

Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by AmadeGTG: 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2023
Social media sites/platforms are adapting the ad revenue sharing technique, were creators get certain percentage of ads displayed on their threads/contents.

Nairaland should follow suit, Suen makes nothing less than 25million naira every month, if 500k goes to its creators it won’t hurt him.

What do you guys think ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by FutureIsFemale(f): 9:12pm On Aug 09, 2023

Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by vertueptime: 9:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
ijustdey:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/presidential-tax-committee-chair-recommends-suspension-of-vat-on-diesel/

Oyedele stated this on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily programme on Wednesday, 9th October 2023.
Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by magzey: 9:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
Taylor90:
They don cripple fuel

try to read and understand please grin grin

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by backtovillage: 9:14pm On Aug 09, 2023
That's a very good decision

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by omoyankee3(m): 9:15pm On Aug 09, 2023
Progress

Let the poor....
Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by oluwaseyi0: 9:15pm On Aug 09, 2023
Suspend tax on all fuel product
Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by magzey: 9:15pm On Aug 09, 2023
a nice move at least the poor can breath small grin grin
Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by Ofunaofu: 9:16pm On Aug 09, 2023
Let the poor breathe... don't suffocate them
Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by MykellOni(m): 9:16pm On Aug 09, 2023
A
Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by clearcrystal: 9:16pm On Aug 09, 2023
Taylor90:
They don cripple fuel

You too dull bros

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by justking(m): 9:16pm On Aug 09, 2023
Chairman
Re: Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel by clearcrystal: 9:18pm On Aug 09, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

A friend of mine who has a p!g farm will always tell me that he does all his best to satisfy his pigs but they still show attitude of not being fulfilled. Lol grin

I told him, a p!g is a gluttonous animal. There is no way you can satisfy that animal. grin

I advised him to change to rearing rams, cows and goats and feed them with agbado. They don't give complain. Naturally grateful and contented. cheesy

Now you believe you are making sense, your mumu too much

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Won’t Work With Those Behind Crisis In PDP – Sheriff / Without Buhari, Nigeria Would Have Packed Up By Now — Segun Oni / FG Speeds Up Settlement Of Samsung, LADOL Feud For Sake Of Investments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.