Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike (8128 Views)

Court Orders Residents Doctors To Suspend Strike / JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 / Group Asks Court To Jail JOHESU Officials For Failing To Suspend Strike - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by buzmanjohn(m): 7:17am On Aug 10, 2023
The Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors has listed the release of the circular for one-for-one replacement of clinical staff, and the payment of the 2023 Medical Residency Training Fund as minimum conditions to call off its indefinite strike which commenced on July 26.

The National President of NARD, Dr Emeka Orji, disclosed this in an interview with our correspondent on Wednesday.

Orji said though the planned nationwide protest was suspended, the association was giving the Federal Government 72 hours to meet some of its urgent demands to call off its strike.

According to him, the association will decide to continue or call off the strike by Friday, August 12.

The striking doctors had earlier planned to commence a daily peaceful protest, starting from Wednesday, August 9, 2023, if the government fails to meet their demands.

Orji said, “We had a fruitful meeting yesterday (Tuesday) at the Villa and with the Senate President, Godswill Akpabio, so it will not be good to have that level of meeting and the next day we hit the streets to protest, it will look as if there is an ulterior motive behind our demands.

“Our demands are germane because there is a shortage of doctors in our hospitals, so the few of us remaining are being overworked. How long are we going to continue like that? They have told us what they will do today (Wednesday), and tomorrow (Thursday), and we are hopeful they will do the needful. If they are able to do those things, then I am sure the National Executive Committee will give us the mandate to suspend the strike because we are very understanding.

“The circular for one-for-one replacement is the first and the 2023 MRTF fund is the second one. If they are able to address them, we will appeal to our members to suspend the strike while we continue to negotiate for all the salary arrears, skipping arrears, and other things.”

Orji said it should not be difficult for the government to implement the one-for-one replacement without extra expenses.

“The government has the list of those who have left and it is a matter of replacing them immediately and the new ones that are recruited are paid the salary you have budgeted to replace those who have left. So, it is not difficult to do. This is a thing that has been agreed to be done since February but nothing has been done about it, but we are hoping the government will do as agreed,” he added.

https://punchng.com/resident-doctors-list-conditions-to-suspend-strike/?amp

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by TemplarLandry: 7:17am On Aug 10, 2023
Our government will hit the ground running. Don't worry. 😁

#RenewedHope
Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by helinues: 7:19am On Aug 10, 2023
Shakara olo'je

grin

3 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by Gaabasky: 7:28am On Aug 10, 2023
Fg are not serious with health sector. Why must u allowed your health personnel to going on strike for the same thing over n over. Pay them MRTF which always comes once in a year and hazard allowance. The kind of risk they are exposing is second to none. If anything happened the token allowance can't even take care of it.
We are just frustrating our best hands out of the country.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by ecolime(m): 7:48am On Aug 10, 2023
Health and Education are two things every serious government should always prioritize.

12 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by Akfrenzy(m): 7:49am On Aug 10, 2023
grin Native Doctors should embark on Strike too
Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by taiwolomo1: 7:50am On Aug 10, 2023
H
Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by gentposh: 7:50am On Aug 10, 2023
I have this group, they want their name to appear on Google when ever someone searches for them. Pls how can i go about it?
Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by accordadoga26(f): 7:50am On Aug 10, 2023
Make una no just kill Tinubu for us.

This country wahala too much.

Elo fi Okan bale.

Tinubu has listening ears.

Trust him to attend to every issue on ground.

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by MykellOni(m): 7:50am On Aug 10, 2023
Attendance: Present ✔️
I don't blame them in any way o.
Pay them well, you say NO!
Ok allow them go to places they r much more appreciated, you say NO!
What then do you expect?
You see that man in that pics above me., He is nothing but a disaster! A real disaster!!! He has come to finish Nigeria patapata!
My shame is for those slaves who keep fighting their common sense to defend their oppressors... ... ... SMH
Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by Emmastan291: 7:52am On Aug 10, 2023
The senate president will send prayers to your various accounts to cover the payment of the 2023 Medical Residency Training Fund.

8 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by AustineE1: 7:53am On Aug 10, 2023
Tinubu has shown complete signs of being ill-prepared for governance,the bible captured it succinctly 'When the wicked rules the people suffers but When the righteous is in power,the people rejoices'.
A president that claimed Nigeria made trillions of naira in months from the removal of subsidy in petroleum products and yet finds it hard to replace doctors that 'Japa',increase salary for our dying civil servants,ameliorate the record crippling poverty in the land,is nothing but a huge scam.
I ask one question that demands an answer,they said the elites are benefiting from the subsidy regime and hence subsidy was removed,how then are they masses who where enjoying better life during subsidy are now they ones dying from hunger after subsidy was removed?Another scam!!!

3 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by Neweramify(f): 7:54am On Aug 10, 2023
Nigeria government; They have money to fly abroad for their health check-up, so they don't care.
Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by AmadeGTG: 7:55am On Aug 10, 2023
Social media sites/platforms are adapting the ad revenue sharing technique, were creators get certain percentage of ads displayed on their threads/contents.

Nairaland should follow suit, Suen makes nothing less than 25million naira every month, if 500k goes to its creators it won’t hurt him.

What do you guys think ??

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by tuoyoojo(m): 7:55am On Aug 10, 2023
Why does the government have to leave issues until the strike is embarked upon bf responding
Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by princeade86(m): 7:55am On Aug 10, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by Cassandraloius: 7:56am On Aug 10, 2023
Nigeria don tire me.
Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:57am On Aug 10, 2023
hmm
Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by Righthussle: 7:58am On Aug 10, 2023
My brothers and sisters go back to work . Our leaders and their families don't use Nigerian hospitals. They wouldn't mind if you do your strike forever. For the sake of ordinary Nigerians, go back to work.
Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by MS247: 8:02am On Aug 10, 2023
cool

They should simply cancel Resident doctors scheme

It's cheap labour and exploitation of rookie doctors

We have enough qualified doctors than using student doctors on patient as practice

Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by anonymous1759(m): 8:03am On Aug 10, 2023
I support your peaceful protest ✊🏿 Everyone is entitled to a jumbo pay Like the senators and governors . NLC and TUC don’t strike for the right reasons that’s why I don’t support them .
Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by Skillsnigeria: 8:03am On Aug 10, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by FutureIsFemale(f): 8:04am On Aug 10, 2023

Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by clinician2x: 8:05am On Aug 10, 2023
I don't even know why you'll be a doctor and you're here in Nigeria protesting when you can easily go to USA or Canada.

E sure me say God created a large number of brainless idiots, put them in black skin and throw them to Nigeria.

If u manage to make something meaningful out of yourself, develop your brains to the point of being a doctor, pls for ur own good, leave Nigeria. Leave these idiots and go to a saner clime.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by Kukutente23: 8:06am On Aug 10, 2023
Useless govt
Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by kennyz247(m): 8:07am On Aug 10, 2023
why will I be a certified Doctor and still remain in ds tinufied Nigeria? them carry suffering swear for you ney,that's stupidity of the century...
baba God bless me make I Japa away from this country
Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:11am On Aug 10, 2023
Ok, noted.
Re: Resident Doctors List Conditions To Suspend Strike by Streetdoctor: 8:12am On Aug 10, 2023
The poor should get ready to loose their loved ones at dis point in time bcs d shit is not funny again.
Go to govt hospitals and see lifeless people being littered every corners bcs of dis strike and govt is not even bordered at all.
If senators could get jumbo pay, doctors deserves same jumbo pay.
If senators could get allowance for holidays, doctors deserves same vacation allowance too, if not poor no go ever breath rather poor go die throway
Health sector is not something u joke with or play politics with bcs some of dis doctors hv their own private hospital.
How could a sensible govt threatened them with "NO WORK NO PAY" Do they think that doctors are NLC and TUC. Or doctors are just normal agbero in Lagos?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For November 27 2020 In Nigeria / JINJA Herbal Extracts Unlock the Power to Reverse Any Kind of Terminal Diseases / Concession Of 22 Teaching Hospitals: NLC Rejects Moves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.