Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,726 members, 7,831,303 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

The Signs Of The End Time Biblical Interpretations - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Signs Of The End Time Biblical Interpretations (627 Views)

End Time Biblical Prophecies Of Over A Thousand Years Ago / Dreams And Interpretations By Dr. Olukoya / All Fulfilled Prophecies In The Bible: Apart From End Time Prophecies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Signs Of The End Time Biblical Interpretations by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:21pm On Aug 12, 2023
The greatest sign of the endtime is here today but it's a pity that arrogant and faithless religionists can't see it!

According to God's word people from all the nations will come under one umbrella that means they will form an organization and their purpose will be to study God's word, there will be a unanimous agreement on what to do after their study of God's word and they will settle their disparities peacefully among themselves, divert their resources into production of food and information materials, erased the making buying selling and usage of weapons from their hearts and vow never to raise weapons against their fellowman forever! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

So don't think it's about individuals in different religions claiming Christians with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines.
NO!
According to Jesus his real disciples will share the same line of thought {John 17:22} they will have love among themselves just as Jesus loves them {John 13:34-35} all others will hate and vilify them because of their faith! {John 15:19} but at the same time their activities will be noticed in all the nations of the earth! Matthew 5:14-16

Where most people got things wrong is thinking that niceness is what Christianity entails but i'm telling you now that's is a lie. Remember the Jewish ruler who came to Jesus to ask questions about kingdom of God?
Jesus knew that this man believe in him but the man failed to accept Jesus' invitation to humbly take his minds off all material possessions and join his disciples who are nothing in the first century Jewish community! Luke 18:18-23

Of course there will be found some bad eggs like Judas Iscariot among Jesus' true disciples but does that means a nice pharisee will see God's kingdom? NO!

So you need to IDENTIFY Jesus' true disciples in your neighbourhood and join them in working for Christ Jesus. The parable of the Master and talents shows that Jesus will surely have disciples who are ready to support the assignment he gave them with everything they had and at the same time there will be some in their midst who will not take his work seriously {Matthew 25:14-30} note that it's the same Master they all belong to and the three of them have accurate knowledge about their Master but the last slave had little ability that's why the Master gave him little assignment to do yet he never did anything worthwhile.

So it's only among Jehovah's Witnesses that true Christianity is been practiced but that doesn't mean all members are wholeheartedly doing what our Master Lord and King commanded us to do! smiley
Re: The Signs Of The End Time Biblical Interpretations by Davoneskay(m): 8:41pm On Aug 12, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Paying of tithes? YES!
Monetarily? NO!
Collection of tithes? NO!

In the Old Covenant tithes are mandatory to keep pure worship in order, all other tribes of Israel work hard separate their profits and divide the profits into ten parts then bring to the temple one tenth of their profits to the Levites in the temple, the Levites in turn share the tithes among themselves and each Levites also pay tenth part of what they collected which will be given to widows, orphans and travelers who are within their society! Deuteronomy 14:28-29

When Jesus came as the Christ he demolished the temple spiritually speaking by offering his body as a sacrifice for sin that ends the old covenant with the Levitical priesthood so there's no need for anyone in the new covenant to pay tithes to human priests anymore rather we are to pay our tithes directly to the Christ.
How are we to pay our tithes to Christ?
He demanded our precious time to go out preaching and teaching in our neighbourhood and you know time is money so each person need to calculate how much time we spend in a week for other things then set out time to join other disciples in the work Christ Jesus commissioned, whoever fails to make a schedule for this is not paying his or her tithes to our new highpriest Christ Jesus.
So we Jehovah's Witnesses are paying our tithes directly to Christ Jesus not monetarily but with the time we spend in the ministry.

That's why i said nobody collects the tithes in our midst rather we encourage one another to make sure of the most important job given to us by our Master, Lord and King: Christ Jesus! smiley

I agree to your submission to some extent. I agree that payment of tithes by money or goods was with the old law. But I do not agree that tithing should still be by evangelising. I believe tithing is gone and gone for good. But that we should love the LORD with our all and keep His commandments. We should also evangelise when we can.
Re: The Signs Of The End Time Biblical Interpretations by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:24am On Aug 13, 2023
Davoneskay:

I agree to your submission to some extent. I agree that payment of tithes by money or goods was with the old law. But I do not agree that tithing should still be by evangelising. I believe tithing is gone and gone for good. But that we should love the LORD with our all and keep His commandments. We should also evangelise when we can.
Well tithing is our heritage it's a must in the Old Covenant so it's also a must in the New Covenant the only difference is that our brothers in the Old Covenant paid their tithes through material possessions but today it's our monthly contribution in doing the work our Master, Lord and King Christ Jesus assigned to us.
So just as no Israelite should forget to pay his or her monthly tithes in the Old Covenant the same applies to our preaching and teaching activities today no matter our condition we can involve in this new system of tithing since it's not monetary.
In the Old Covenant only the rich are noticed because they're able to pay heavily with their material things {Luke 18:21} but in this New system of tithing even the less privileged in the society can be the highest payer!
That's why only Jehovah's Witnesses are active in the work of the Lord globally! smiley
Re: The Signs Of The End Time Biblical Interpretations by Davoneskay(m): 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Well tithing is our heritage it's a must in the Old Covenant so it's also a must in the New Covenant the only difference is that our brothers in the Old Covenant paid their tithes through material possessions but today it's our monthly contribution in doing the work our Master, Lord and King Christ Jesus assigned to us.
So just as no Israelite should forget to pay his or her monthly tithes in the Old Covenant the same applies to our preaching and teaching activities today no matter our condition we can involve in this new system of tithing since it's not monetary.
In the Old Covenant only the rich are noticed because they're able to pay heavily with their material things {Luke 18:21} but in this New system of tithing even the less privileged in the society can be the highest payer!
That's why only Jehovah's Witnesses are active in the work of the Lord globally! smiley

But where is it written in the scripture that we should pay tithe through evangelism?
Re: The Signs Of The End Time Biblical Interpretations by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:02pm On Aug 13, 2023
Davoneskay:

But where is it written in the scripture that we should pay tithe through evangelism?

Are you a worshiper of the God of Abraham?

If so know that TITHING is not cancelled but the system of operations changed from monetary to spending our time in the services Jesus mandated for all his disciples:

If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law to pay tithes) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Hebrews 7:11-12

So the same way monthly tithing in the old covenant is COMPULSORY that's how monthly preaching and teaching is COMPULSORY in the new covenant. Failure to be industrious in the work Jesus commissioned means you're inactive {Matthew 25:24-30} so you have no business with Jesus! smiley
Re: The Signs Of The End Time Biblical Interpretations by Davoneskay(m): 4:16pm On Aug 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Are you a worshiper of the God of Abraham?

If so know that TITHING is not cancelled but the system of operations changed from monetary to spending our time in the services Jesus mandated for all his disciples:

If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law to pay tithes) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Hebrews 7:11-12

So the same way monthly tithing in the old covenant is COMPULSORY that's how monthly preaching and teaching is COMPULSORY in the new covenant. Failure to be industrious in the work Jesus commissioned means you're inactive {Matthew 25:24-30} so you have no business with Jesus! smiley

I preach the gospel whenever I am opportune because Christ commanded it. I don't preach the gospel as a form of tithe. The bible verse you quoted did not categorically state that preaching the gospel is now the new form of tithing. Thanks for this conversation.

1 Like

Re: The Signs Of The End Time Biblical Interpretations by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2023
Davoneskay:

I preach the gospel whenever I am opportune.
Tithing is a continuous thing TEACHING is what Jesus commanded not just PREACH {Matthew 28:19-20} so if you just choose to preach when you feel like then you can't be industrious the way Jesus commissioned the job {Matthew 25:24-30} true Christians don't just PREACH but are going back to TEACH their Bible Students that's what Jesus meant when he said:

TEACHING them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Matthew 28:20

So you're not doing God's will as you can't obey the Christ to the core! Matthew 7:21-23

However you've tried as you admitted that you only preach what you know whenever you feel like but i'm sorry that's not how Jesus commissioned the work we must continue PREACHING, TEACHING and BAPTIZING those we are TEACHING, that's how to fulfil the task!

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, BAPTIZING them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
TEACHING them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.Matthew 28:19-20

Thanks for your time God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: The Signs Of The End Time Biblical Interpretations by Davoneskay(m): 4:58pm On Aug 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Tithing is a continuous thing TEACHING is what Jesus commanded not just PREACH {Matthew 28:19-20} so if you just choose to preach when you feel like then you can't be industrious the way Jesus commissioned the job {Matthew 25:24-30} true Christians don't just PREACH but are going back to TEACH their Bible Students that's what Jesus meant when he said:

TEACHING them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Matthew 28:20

So you're not doing God's will as you can't obey the Christ to the core! Matthew 7:21-23

However you've tried as you admitted that you only preach what you know whenever you feel like but i'm sorry that's not how Jesus commissioned the work we must continue PREACHING, TEACHING and BAPTIZING those we are TEACHING, that's how to fulfil the task!

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, BAPTIZING them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
TEACHING them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.Matthew 28:19-20

Thanks for your time God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

Amen, thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: The Signs Of The End Time Biblical Interpretations by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:00pm On Aug 13, 2023
Davoneskay:

Amen, thanks once again.

You're welcome!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Plan To Impose Taxes On Churches / Re: Christianity Is It Religion / If Dere Is A Reward 4 Wueva Blesses Abraham, Wu Re Doz D@ Bless Him N Wu Re Doz D@ Curseth Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.