Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,719 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic (48367 Views)

Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger / Ali Lamine Zeine: Meet The New Prime Minister Of Niger Republic / Largest Ethnic Groups In Niger Republic (Hausa 54%) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by lildonn222: 9:10pm On Aug 10, 2023
nony43:
Imagine say The SE states has borders with Niger. The North won’t care if BAT goes to war with Niger. HYPOCRITES. In fact they will ginger the war.
You made assumptions and insult the entire northerners for it. What can we say about you looking at reality?

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Peacecore: 9:10pm On Aug 10, 2023
SenatePresdo:
Tinubu has finally declared war on Hausas, having heard that Hausas makes up about 50% of Niger population.

Northerners should ask themselves this question; If Niger shares common Boundary with Ogun, Osun, Oyo and Ondo would Tinubu still talk about invading Niger?

Anyway, this War will favour me and my family grin

Small thing you don turn am to politics. Well, you have just done the work you are paid to do.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Exceed15: 9:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
Which standby? Yeye people. This fight is not for the people but to protect their offices. Srilanka experience is coming. It's a matter of time.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by dinkyicon: 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2023
Taylor90:
Tinubu leave Niger matter alone

Pikin wey dey dance for road side something is beating drum for him inside the bush

Don’t invoke the anger of PUTIN to Nigeria

Ever since you snicked to Aso Rock through the widow you haven’t done anything good to better life of Nigerians

You carry Niger matter for head just to please the west while your country people are dying of hunger and hard times

Is it how female students of Chicago use to do?

Dollar is almost 1000, economy is in shambles, hunger is biting harder and all you care about is your western validation make them see say you be human being

Asari Dokubo threatened a sitting Governor you do face like say you no hear because he’s your thug.

You no send DSS after him rather romancing him with kids glove

You’ll forever be in the history for the worse president on planet

Wear adult pampers dey waka everywhere

You should have specialized on Cocaine and leave governance alone
do you under that this is Ecowas and not Tinubu?
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Nyne: 9:32pm On Aug 10, 2023
Zimzy:
Hmm. I only pity families that will loss their bread winners because of this avoidable war.

ECOWAS gave the so called France and US more power cos they followed their orders.

Wetin France and US dey do for Niger ?

Is govt not for the people , by the people and of the people anymore ?

Citizens of Niger aren’t against the Military intervention. Wetin US and France still dey find ?

Instead of make Tinubu stay low key, he dey there dey put mouth for wetin no concern am.

Na God won catch make am the ECOWAS president few weeks before the intervention.

Tinubu must be uprooted from the presidency.

Stupid setup wey he dey setup.

Useless old man that only fights for his pocket.

Useless drug addict .

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Chucks13: 9:34pm On Aug 10, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Hausas have screamed it times without number than Tinubu should not invade Niger, that they are cousins and the ripple effect would affect the North.
But as usual, you will stay under your brown roof in Ibadan ghetto to know what Hausas has been saying.

Just keep shut I said pls kindly keep shut. Your opinion on Hausa decision is useless, biko shut up!!!
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by ogbe88(m): 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2023
Favorisieren:
Now I know Bola Tinubu has got the balls. Let's go there.

Only a foo.lish president will not act. All the surrounding nations' military has hijacked power...so he should sleep till they kick him out of power too? Lol. Bola Tinubu....let's go there.

We will move into Chad after Niger... and get rid of Boko Haram. This is the end of Boko Haram.

I want to see Wagner in this Battle. Which Wagner? Lol. And I want to see Algeria counter ECOWAS. Dem no born Algeria well.

See...by the end of next week, Nigeria will be fully in charge of the Niger Republic. And that useless military will be sent to Hague to face justice. Afterward, we are moving to Mali, Burkina Faso, and the rest. We will tell the military to ever stay in their barrack forever.

God bless Nigeria. We are the giant of Africa. God bless ECOWAS. Today, I am proud to be a Nigerian. Let's go boys!!!
A fool and a kid u are.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Lovelive: 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2023
Wetin be small thing. Stay there ...

Peacecore:
Small thing you don turn am to politics. Well, you have just done the work you are paid to do.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by SenatePresdo(m): 9:50pm On Aug 10, 2023
Chucks13:

Just keep shut I said pls kindly keep shut. Your opinion on Hausa decision is useless, biko shut up!!!

The North are watching grin

If you like don't listen to news!

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by saintrow1: 9:55pm On Aug 10, 2023
SenatePresdo:
Tinubu has finally declared war on Hausas, having heard that Hausas makes up about 50% of Niger population.

Northerners should ask themselves this question; If Niger shares common Boundary with Ogun, Osun, Oyo and Ondo would Tinubu still talk about invading Niger?

"eboe propaganda" looking to turn northerners against Yorubas, una go still fail as usual. no be tinubu or Yoruba ppl send Niger make them do coup d'état. Gambia had Yoruba population, ecowas conducted military intervention, Sierra Leone is another 1, Yoruba people were there when ecomog went there, did any Yoruba shout about invading another African country with Yoruba population. 1 thing I love about eboes is that they always labour in vain and the evil they wish on others always come back to them grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Chucks13: 9:57pm On Aug 10, 2023
SenatePresdo:

The North are watching grin

If you like don't listen to news!

Meshionu biko plsssss!!!
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by saintrow1: 9:59pm On Aug 10, 2023
During buhari's administration, Eboes were on full mode hate and insults on Niger republic suddenly the EBOEs are now lovers of Niger because they want to use propaganda to rubbish tinubu's administration but they will labour in vain as usual.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by coputa(m): 10:00pm On Aug 10, 2023
SenatePresdo:

It's not Tinubu but ECOWAS that's taking the decision.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by gaskiyamagana: 10:10pm On Aug 10, 2023
Taylor90:

Pikin wey dey dance for road side something is beating drum for him inside the bush

Ever since you snicked to Aso Rock through the widow you haven’t done anything good to better life of Nigerians

You carry Niger matter for head just to please the west while your country people are dying of hunger and hard times

Dollar is almost 1000, economy is in shambles, hunger is biting harder and all you care about is your western validation make them see say you be human being

Asari Dokubo threatened a sitting Governor you do face like say you no hear because he’s your thug.

Inside story
WAILERS WEEKLY MAGAZINE
STOLEN MANDATE PUBLISHING COMPANY
ALIEN AVENUE
NO-MAN'S-LAND STREET
LAGOS.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by gaskiyamagana: 10:13pm On Aug 10, 2023
saintrow1:
During buhari's administration, Eboes were on full mode hate and insults on Niger republic suddenly the EBOEs are now lovers of Niger because they want to use propaganda to rubbish tinubu's administration but they will labour in vain as usual.
Ameeen, Amiiiiina, Aaseee wa.
Its better for them to join Niger force rather than shouting up-and-down.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by gaskiyamagana: 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2023
Nyne:

ECOWAS gave the so called France and US more power cos they followed their orders.

Wetin France and US dey do for Niger ?

Is govt not for the people , by the people and of the people anymore ?

Citizens of Niger aren’t against the Military intervention. Wetin US and France still dey find ?

Instead of make Tinubu stay low key, he dey there dey put mouth for wetin no concern am.

Na God won catch make am the ECOWAS president few weeks before the intervention.

Tinubu must be uprooted from the presidency.

Stupid setup wey he dey setup.

Useless old man that only fights for his pocket.

Useless drug addict .
Wailing, wailing, wailing.
No amount of your blackmail will stop ECOWAS from uprooting that junta. You are free to give him Biafla citizenship after ECOWAS remove him. Yeye fifu.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by SenatePresdo(m): 10:30pm On Aug 10, 2023
saintrow1:

"eboe propaganda" looking to turn northerners against Yorubas, una go still fail as usual. no be tinubu or Yoruba ppl send Niger make them do coup d'état. Gambia had Yoruba population, ecowas conducted military intervention, Sierra Leone is another 1, Yoruba people were there when ecomog went there, did any Yoruba shout about invading another African country with Yoruba population. 1 thing I love about eboes is that they always labour in vain and the evil they wish on others always come back to them grin grin grin

Omo, didn't know that You people fears North like this.
How did i wish anybody evil bayi..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Princedapace(m): 10:53pm On Aug 10, 2023
Righthussle:
What is ECOWAS ordered military intervention in Niger? Just say US/UK/France ordered military intervention in Niger through their African agents. African leaders are puppets.
This is what people don't know.
Lol
This is the west trying to fight another proxy war on another soil while they don't feel it.

Also, becus many African leaders come into power thru back door and the west have this info first hand, they always hold these African leaders on their balls.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by saintrow1: 11:00pm On Aug 10, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Omo, didn't know that You people fears North like this.
How did i wish anybody evil bayi..

Where is the fear in what I wrote, may be you should look for someone who can read around you to help you or go and see an optician.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Busu001: 11:15pm On Aug 10, 2023
Taylor90:

Wisdom too much for you bro. The fact is all I have read.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by AfonjaPriest: 11:24pm On Aug 10, 2023
There is a way that seems right unto a man, but the end leads to destruction.
Tinubu has embarked on a journey to destruction. I hope he picks any pieces of his accoutrements he would find and remember to leave immediately for his home country in Guinea.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by temielects(m): 11:51pm On Aug 10, 2023
SenatePresdo:

you are a fool, a big one at that, how is ECOWAS resolution tinubu's ?
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by SamOchuko: 12:02am On Aug 11, 2023
Taylor90:

The headline says ecowas but here you are mentioning Tinubu, is Tinubu ecowas? Your problem nor get solution. Just continue
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by zumbigbo(m): 12:38am On Aug 11, 2023
Syria time for Nigeria....it will be hell. Guns everywhere....Sahel will turn into a bloodbath, just because of uranium
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by mysticwarrior(m): 12:41am On Aug 11, 2023
wirinet:

Wars are the most unpredictable of human endeavours. Once the hostility starts, you can never predict the outcome. Numbers and weaponry alone don't necessarily determine the outcome of wars, other factors like motivation, terrain, organisational capabilities, alliances, weather and sometimes pure luck plays crucial roles, else US would not have lost to Vietnam, Russia would have taken over Ukraine within days.

US would never send in boots to fight in Niger, they would only send in weapons and help with communication and intelligence.
Russia is looking to extend its influence in Africa and the Niger crisis would present a perfect opportunity to have allies. Russia would not be directly involved, it will only send in Wagner forces - openly or clandestinely.

President Tinubu also dies not have a good understanding of diplomacy and history. He never consulted historians or diplomats before issuing threats and declaring ultimatums. He complicated the situation tight from the beginning.

Maybe you misunderstood me. What I meant to say was Britain was never conquered. Julius Ceaser and Danes conquered parts of it, but was never able to subjugate the whole island before they were driven out.

Furthermore, I view the US war of independence as war among brother. George Washington and a bulk of his soldiers were of British roots and trained by Britain.
Every leader is surrounded by advisers on diplomatic intercourse and Tinubu is not an exception and I expect you to understand that.

"Maybe you misunderstood me. What I meant to say was Britain was never conquered".

No my friend I never misrepresented what you said about Britain never losing a battle, what you clearly stated is attached to this post.

Re: Wondering Why Napoleon and Hitler did not Invade The United Kingdom by wirinet(m): 7:55am On May 09, 2019
mysticwarrior:
then why declaring a war on Germany when they knew they couldn't confront the German army?

I never said they couldn't confront the German military, I said they could not confront the German military at that time. They need time to plan and prepare, they need time to build their military complex and most importantly, they need to build alliances. That's was why Churchill worked tirelessly to bring in the Yankees on their side. The happiest day for Churchill was when Roosevelt declared war on Germany.
It's all about winning and not bravery. There is a reason Britain had never been conquered or lost a war.

As you can clearly see from the above my photographic memory is very effective and my ability to remember information or visual images in great detail is intact.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by zumbigbo(m): 1:00am On Aug 11, 2023
ogbe88:
A fool and a kid u are.

Weed and Kush strong for Naija these days so all these fools think war is like a movie. When bullet jam their mouth them go understand war is a wasteful endeavour

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Needreallady(m): 1:18am On Aug 11, 2023
Unity we pray
🇺🇲🇷🇺🇨🇳 #nototradewar
#notoproxywar
#Unityafrica

TheFreshVanilla:
Why did they even make Tinubu Ecowas president? Something is not right about we Africans in general.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by pepericozi: 1:37am On Aug 11, 2023
Tell Tinubu to deploy ECOWAS military forces to Nigeria to combat the invasion of Nigeria by criminals call Boko Haram, Kidnappers, Unknown Gunmen etc instead of invading Niger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Juju70(m): 2:43am On Aug 11, 2023
Influx of Nigerians to Nigeria =more poverty! Dallar = 5000naira
Africa becomes a battlefield. Becos of a dumbass druggie
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Nobody: 2:45am On Aug 11, 2023
wirinet:

How have we fared after 24 years of continuous democracy? Compared that to how China fared after 24 years of continuous autocracy. I am not in anyway advocating for military rule, but democracy seems to favour only the ruling class.

Now if democracy is working, the military would not have any excuse to come in. Ask your self why ordinary people come put to celebrate military coups if they were enjoying democracy so much.

You have asked me a very deep question citing a very good example. Hmmmm!

Here is my response: No form of government is perfect, and democracy is not perfect either.

Questions:
1. What do you propose for Nigeria and ECOWAS?
2. We have two options presently in West Africa. Democracy or Military rule. Choose one.
3. Which is still better? Democracy or Military. (Read the whole of this post before sndeering this question).
Note: Nigeria's main problem is the 1914 Amalgamation. I have written about this previously. Niger and part of the northern Nigerian should be one nation. Also, Chad and another part of northern Nigeria should be another nation. If you move to SS, the Southern part of Cameroon and Calabar with Akwa Ibom and some other nations should be a nation too. And then...Nigeria SW, Benin City, Kwara, and Kogi should be a nation with Benin Republic, Togo, Ghana, and Cote D'Ivoire. Or maybe sisters' nations or cities. But the British, French, and Portuguese, came to destroy everything.

Well, if the hosts of West African nations are good people, after the departure of these evil Europeans, they could have found a way to correct these issues, but guess what? Their inner selfishness and self-centeredness were activated.

So, now that we are where we are today, and we have x-rayed ourselves and seen our positions, we can only move forward. The two systems we have are what we can have at this moment, and we must get rid of one. Which do you propose? Military?

If you have a better system other than the two I have stated above, kindly tell me. And let me know the way to achieve it.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Juju70(m): 2:48am On Aug 11, 2023
These foo ls who are saying how is ecowas resolution tinubu is tinubu not the head of ecowas. Abi is he deaf to see that some countries have aligned with Niger He thinks Nigeria will not be attacked if he ventures into Niger! Which dumb advisers do they say he has? The ones that think he will finish the invasion in 3 days ba? Una gi hear am. Just get ready??
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by nony43(m): 3:39am On Aug 11, 2023
lildonn222:
You made assumptions and insult the entire northerners for it. What can we say about you looking at reality?

I apologise if I insulted. But this has been my view.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Taliban Leaders Brawled At Presidential Palace / Moment King Charles III Was Crowned King Of England (VIDEO) / Istanbul Earthquake: Nigerian Man Injured After Jumping Out Of His House (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.