Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic (48444 Views)

Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger / Ali Lamine Zeine: Meet The New Prime Minister Of Niger Republic / Largest Ethnic Groups In Niger Republic (Hausa 54%) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by manchyme: 7:02pm On Aug 10, 2023
Creamcrest:
Which kind of wahala is this?

Now the saved subsidy removal funds will be used to finance this war.

It's probably going to be an endless war because of too many interest involved.

it is not a war, it is a military intervention. it is not about Nigeria, it's about ecowas. It is a family affair. If one of your family members is facing crisis, the head of the family must intervene.
Get knowledge, in all thy getting, get understanding. Don't be driven by hatred.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Goodman2023: 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2023
SenatePresdo:
Tinubu has finally declared war on Hausas, having heard that Hausas makes up about 50% of Niger population.

Northerners should ask themselves this question; If Niger shares common Boundary with Ogun, Osun, Oyo and Ondo would Tinubu still talk about invading Niger?

Anyway, this War will favour me and my family grin

lPOB
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by xpiranza88: 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2023
Na south west go received am if war start for there......becos all the refugees go run come Yoruba land
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by MatrixCircle: 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2023
The gods have made Tinubu made. He thinks he is still in Lagos State where he uses agberos.
He wants to deal with Buhari's relatives so e go pain Buhari.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by spiralwedge(m): 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2023
Buhari put all Nigeria money and investment in Niger thinking he would retire there. Lol
I support this military action with all my chest. No country surrounding Nigeria must mess with us or disrespect us like Niger did… never again! The global disrespect we got before now must not reach Niger, Cameroon, Chad, Togo and Benin.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by manchyme: 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2023
SenatePresdo:
Tinubu has finally declared war on Hausas, having heard that Hausas makes up about 50% of Niger population.

Northerners should ask themselves this question; If Niger shares common Boundary with Ogun, Osun, Oyo and Ondo would Tinubu still talk about invading Niger?

Dh

How can I educate all of you dumb as one after the other.
It is not a war, it is a military intervention by ecowas. It is not about Nigeria but ecowas as a whole under one family.
Which kind school una go sef
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by wirinet(m): 7:07pm On Aug 10, 2023
mysticwarrior:
A combination of Guinea, Burkina Faso, Mali and Niger cannot wage war against Kaduna and Kano state not to talk about the entire Nigeria. Russia has shown no military interest in Niger and the US would never intervene in an African hostility, after dead bodies of American soldiers were shown in TV sartions all over the world during the battle of Mogadishu.
Wars are the most unpredictable of human endeavours. Once the hostility starts, you can never predict the outcome. Numbers and weaponry alone don't necessarily determine the outcome of wars, other factors like motivation, terrain, organisational capabilities, alliances, weather and sometimes pure luck plays crucial roles, else US would not have lost to Vietnam, Russia would have taken over Ukraine within days.

US would never send in boots to fight in Niger, they would only send in weapons and help with communication and intelligence.
Russia is looking to extend its influence in Africa and the Niger crisis would present a perfect opportunity to have allies. Russia would not be directly involved, it will only send in Wagner forces - openly or clandestinely.

Bro I agree that you have deep understanding in legal proceedings, but when it comes to military history and diplomacy leave it for those who are born to analyze such.
President Tinubu also does not have a good understanding of diplomacy and history. He never consulted historians or diplomats before issuing threats and declaring ultimatums. He complicated the situation right from the beginning.

I still remembered the very first time you quoted me and you said " Britain has never lost a battle" that was some years back and I reminded you of how Britain lost the American war of independence.
Maybe you misunderstood me. What I meant to say was Britain was never conquered. Julius Ceaser and Danes conquered parts of it, but was never able to subjugate the whole island before they were driven out.

Furthermore, I view the US war of independence as war among brothers. George Washington and a bulk of his soldiers were of British roots and trained by Britain.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by manchyme: 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2023
MatrixCircle:
The gods have made Tinubu made. He thinks he is still in Lagos State where he uses agberos.

you be dullard, it is not about Tinubu, it's about ecowas. ECOWAS.
Tinubu just happened to be chairman.
I don tired to dey educate una.
You people are too dull
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by adecz: 7:09pm On Aug 10, 2023
This Yoruba president think say na
with strong head dem dey take rule..

When him see woto woto him go run
back to Chicago❗️❗️❗️

Nonsense.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Jflex07(m): 7:09pm On Aug 10, 2023
natedroid:

Someone like you deserve to be arrested

I'm Igbo and you're one of the problems of the Igbos
How did you come up wiith that fact that he is Igbo?
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by tete7000(m): 7:10pm On Aug 10, 2023
Tinubu is protecting Buhari's interest.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by MatrixCircle: 7:11pm On Aug 10, 2023
manchyme:

How can I educate all of you dumb as one after the other.
It is not a war, it is a military intervention by ecowas. It is not about Nigeria but ecowas as a whole under one family.
Which kind school una go sef

Putin said special military operation in Ukraine, na him we still dey so two years coming.
Na war . Military fights war .
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by wirinet(m): 7:12pm On Aug 10, 2023
Favorisieren:

You must be a kid.

Anyway, this is your take home: The worst democracy is better than the best military.

If you do not understand the statement above consult an expert in economics, government, and international relations.

Shalom!!!

How have we fared after 24 years of continuous democracy? Compared that to how China fared after 24 years of continuous autocracy. I am not in anyway advocating for military rule, but democracy seems to favour only the ruling class.

Now if democracy is working, the military would not have any excuse to come in. Ask your self why ordinary people come put to celebrate military coups if they were enjoying democracy so much.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Nauttyprof(m): 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2023
priceactionx:
Military standby Not full action, why do nairaland always carry fake news? Standby is different from full action. The are still going about it diplomatically but military on standby. Seun, nlfpmod, mynd44. Always get the right info before hurry to post stuffs. Someone just clipped few seconds and claimed military action, haba.

The problem is that these reporters also want to sell their news and no one cares to get the full details of the new.

The option of Military was considered as the last resort when all diplomatic means have been exploited

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Blaze14k: 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2023
flokii:

They will kill those junta guys in Niger republic including their general.. the diplomacy routel was followed but they refused to back down.

Ecowas has a duty to its member states and that includes right to democracy and security.

No one is able to answer this question.. what happened with the military coup in Mali and burkina faso
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by okorogodwin4(m): 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2023
Geesarki:
ECOWAS decision is not final. The president needs the consent of Nigeria's legislature. That's the beauty of democracy.
In military rule, the president would have attacked Niger by now.

We Northerners say NO to military invasion of Niger Republic. We ll never let this happen.
sharap
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 7:15pm On Aug 10, 2023
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 10, 2023
This is madness
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by MatrixCircle: 7:16pm On Aug 10, 2023
manchyme:

you be dullard, it is not about Tinubu, it's about ecowas. ECOWAS.
Tinubu just happened to be chairman.
I don tired to dey educate una.
You people are too dull

No be Ecowas na Tinubu because he's the chairman. The head of any government is held accountable for the actions of his ministers whether good or bad.

That's why DSS is now only charging Emefiele for illegal possession of fire arms because if they charge him over his past policies Buhari's government will be called upon.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by macfish101(m): 7:16pm On Aug 10, 2023
Tinubu na yoruba man. Na only mouth dem get. He will not fight any war.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by flokii: 7:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
Blaze14k:

No one is able to answer this question.. what happened with the military coup in Mali and burkina faso

Their chapter will be opened next.. they just stepped on powerful toes in West Africa and the African continent as a whole.

The way I dey use one eye look Northerners now ehnn.. like my blo0d just dey boil.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by PrincessofDSS(f): 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2023
aylive02:
. Anyone with contrary opinion with what you put up here shall not live to see the good of this land

Bullshit

Because of your opinion that’s why everyone else will die; you must be very stupid
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Padipadi(m): 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2023
Taylor90:

I am so happy that Rivers State doesn’t share any boarder with Niger

Na Hausas go receive this hit

When it happens the north should hold Tinubu responsible

This fight might even turn against us and you see Hausa and Yoruba fighting because of Tinubu

Hausa elders don tell you say e go affect them you carry DJ woofer and speakers block ear
DSS needs you.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Blaze14k: 7:21pm On Aug 10, 2023
flokii:

Their chapter will be opened next.. they just stepped on powerful toes in West Africa and the African continent as a whole.

The way I dey use one eye look Northerners now ehnn.. like my blo0d just dey boil.

Seems you guys don't understand what is going to happen next.. this is exactly what is going on in Ukraine so beta be careful on what u wish for cos it's about to turn ugly.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by flokii: 7:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
Blaze14k:

Seems you guys don't understand what is going to happen next.. this is exactly what is going on in Ukraine so beta be careful on what u wish for cos it's about to turn ugly.

It's already ugly my dear friend.. we either contain the madness now or we have no place to call home tomorrow.

Don't worry, by the time African Union issue a support order for Military intervention in Niger republic, the coup plotters will know whatsup.

Their juju is still deceiving them.. maybe you don't know, they do juju pass anything in Niger republic (likely the reason they are so poor).
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by IbileIfe: 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2023
Stupidity is when you cannot extinguish the fire in your home and you want to go and extinguish the fire in the home of your neighbor.

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is being teleguided from Daura.
It is really a shame that Nigerian government has no foreign policy, therefore the President of Nigeria is not capable of addressing the implications of his ignorance of the international politics of the foreign powers manipulations of the political crisis in the Republic of Niger.

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by REALretep(m): 7:29pm On Aug 10, 2023
I never knew ECOWAS had a standby force
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by flokii: 7:30pm On Aug 10, 2023
IbileIfe:
Stupidity is when you cannot extinguish the fire in your home and you want to go and extinguish the fire in the home of your neighbor.

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is being teleguided from Daura.
It is really a shame that Nigerian government has no foreign policy, therefore the President of Nigeria is not capable of addressing the implications of his ignorance of the international politics of the foreign powers manipulations of the political crisis in the Republic of Niger.

Oga keep quiet if you have nothing sensible to say..

ECOWAS countries coming together to act against Niger republic junta and likely civil war looming there is for our own benefit in Nigeria cos the fallout from whatever happens in Niger will fall right on Nigeria.

If not that you're a bad person yourself with questionable character, you'd see everything wrong with an illegitimate take over of power in Niger republic.
Opinionated yet so shall0w.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by moneyissweet(m): 7:32pm On Aug 10, 2023
Family matter, nothing concern Biafra.

SenatePresdo:

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Blaze14k: 7:33pm On Aug 10, 2023
flokii:

It's already ugly my dear friend.. we either contain the madness now or we have no place to call home tomorrow.

Don't worry, by the time African Union issue a support order for Military intervention in Niger republic, the coup plotters will know whatsup.

Their juju is still deceiving them.. maybe you don't know, they do juju pass anything in Niger republic (likely the reason they are so poor).

Bro don't pray for war.. its not a good thing. You won't understand it till it starts. U will pray it end quick. Dis one no be politics oo

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by mysticwarrior(m): 7:36pm On Aug 10, 2023
wirinet:

Military intervention would not involve Niger alone, it will also involve Mali, Burkina Faso, Chad and Guinea, and not forgeting Wagner. The whole of Nigeria's northern border will be affected. It will just become another proxy war between Russia and USA. Except the US promises to finance the war, I don't subscribe to wasting our little earnings and gains from subsidy on a senseless war.
There would never be a full blown war, Ecomog military involvement in Niger is geared towards democratic restoration and stability in Niger. Since the coupist has declined peaceful resolutions, Ecomog would match on Niemey to oust the military leader who came into power through coup.

It should be noted that a combination of Guinea, Burkina Faso, Mali and Niger cannot wage war against Kaduna and Kano states not to talk of the entire Nigeria and ECOWAS at large. Russia has shown no military interest in Niger and the US would never intervene in an African hostility, after dead bodies of American soldiers were shown on TV stations around the world during the battle of Mogadishu.

I still remembered the very first time you quoted me and you said " Britain has never lost a battle" that was some years back and I reminded you of how Britain lost the American war of independence.

Bro I agree that you do have deep understanding in legal proceedings, but when it comes to military history and diplomacy leave it for those who are well abreast to make analysis and predict the outcome of eventualities. No offense directed and no offense should be taken.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by flokii: 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2023
Blaze14k:

Bro don't pray for war.. its not a good thing. You won't understand it till it starts. U will pray it end quick. Dis one no be politics oo

In order to have peace, you must first prepare for war..

You can't live forever quite alright so you shouldn't be afraid of death cos it's inevitable..

That said, I am confident the ECOWAS troops will be professional in their conducts in Niger republic and I wish them absolute success, zero civilian casualty.

If atal I had a past life, then I'm 99 percent convinced I was in the Military line, a high ranking soldier at that cos I've had several flash backs in camouflage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nechama Rivlin Is Dead! Israel’s First Lady Dies / Russia Forgives $20 Billion Debts Of African Countries - Putin (Photos) / Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.