Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,151 members, 7,835,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic (48476 Views)

Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger / Ali Lamine Zeine: Meet The New Prime Minister Of Niger Republic / Largest Ethnic Groups In Niger Republic (Hausa 54%) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:41pm On Aug 10, 2023
It's because Niger does not have nuclear weapon. If they have Ecowas would not move that idea
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by bitbillionaire: 6:42pm On Aug 10, 2023
Nice development. Everything must be done to discourage coup in Africa

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Abagworo(m): 6:42pm On Aug 10, 2023
And just by work of God Tinubu has ended up the worst President in Nigerian history. Every intelligent mind knows that the war will spread and there's likelihood of internal reprisals from within Nigeria since we share same ethnic and religious affiliation with Niger. May the innocent Nigerians not be affected by this poor decision but rather the guilty and their relatives. Amen

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by flokii: 6:42pm On Aug 10, 2023
My vision came true yet again.. una sure say I no go open Church laidis?..

I feel for Niger republic.. but the duly elected president has to be restored.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by MT: 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2023
Dvdpity:

So Mali, Guinea, Burkina Faso and Niger are not ECOWAS?. Plain stupidity.

ECOWAS action is vis-a-vis Nigeria action.
How many soldiers and equipments do Benin Republic Togo Ivory coast and Senegal has.
Ghana, Togo, Liberia has made it clear that they won't be sending any soldier to invade Niger Republic.

It's Nigeria, Benin, Senegal, serria lone, and ivory coast that will invade Niger Republic supported by mali Guinea Burkina Faso and Chad.

Interesting war..for France US and UK of cos EU.

When did Ghana, Togo , Liberia indicate they wont send their soldiers. Not saying you are lyinng but point me to the resource you lied on.

Also, how will Mali, Guinea and Burkina Faso support ECOWAS when they have declared to support Niger?

Too many contradictions in a single post
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by lexy2014: 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2023
abbeynism:
So many dumb responses here.
This is first stage of war: psychological.
The war is not Nigeria vs Niger it is Ecowas vs Niger. All Ecowas countries will bring their armies and armours.

It is jot a war against Niger but to prevent what many never forseen that might happen in most countries in Africa and the style of ruling.

Bauzoum is elected and must either remain or impeached. Niger might experience cote'dvoire ruling of Gbagbo.

e be like u no even no wetin u de talk.

who is ECOWAS? what is ECOWAS without Nigeria?

the people that elected Bazoum, are they complaining that he has been removed by a coup?
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by nony43(m): 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2023
OriOko88:

U ibos too like needless comparison. Your victim mentality is out of this world. Na everybody una dey see as enemy. Are u d only tribe in d country?? Nobody get ur time. We have over 250 tribes so nothing is really special about u lots

Shout up and down you can’t change my view. Which is the truth.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by IbnB: 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2023
If this news is true and he allowed ECOWAS do this, then he just signed his own death warrant
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by mirinder: 6:45pm On Aug 10, 2023
Felix6:
Those closest to the front line, should be updating us with troops movements and supplies. Please let the pictures be clear and videos short and precise. grin grin Thank you.
idiot. you've been conscripted. Dont even think of hiding. I know where you live. This is general adamu
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by lailo: 6:45pm On Aug 10, 2023
SenatePresdo:
Tinubu has finally declared war on Hausas, having heard that Hausas makes up about 50% of Niger population.

Northerners should ask themselves this question; If Niger shares common Boundary with Ogun, Osun, Oyo and Ondo would Tinubu still talk about invading Niger?

Anyway, this War will favour me and my family grin

He will invade it. Yorubas don't play politics of spoilers or sentiment. Obasanjo a Yoruba man as Nigeria president dealt with Lagos state, starve her of fund and completely destroyed OPC, a Yoruba defence group. He jailed Tafa Balogun, a Yoruba Nigeria IG, even starve the entire southwest, his region of development bcs of party politics. Don't ever compare a Yoruba man with an Igbo or Hausa in terms of fair playing in Nigeria politics.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by nony43(m): 6:45pm On Aug 10, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

And you are not an HYPOCRITE lol grin

You are a bigger one.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by flokii: 6:45pm On Aug 10, 2023
MT:
It is a war that has to be fought.

ECOWAS is not Nigeria. Each country that makes up ECOWAS will donate soldiers and funding.

ECOWAS can not allow the junta allow the free flow of Jihadists via the Sahel into their respective countries.

The Junta fluffed every opportunity for reason.

They will kill those junta guys in Niger republic including their general.. the diplomacy route was followed but they refused to back down.

Ecowas has a duty to its member states and that includes right to democracy and security.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Lexiskillz09: 6:47pm On Aug 10, 2023
SenatePresdo:
Tinubu has finally declared war on Hausas, having heard that Hausas makes up about 50% of Niger population.

Northerners should ask themselves this question; If Niger shares common Boundary with Ogun, Osun, Oyo and Ondo would Tinubu still talk about invading Niger?

Wail more.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Antiochus(m): 6:47pm On Aug 10, 2023
Connected1:
This Tinubu of a man is out just to create more problems for Nigeria cry

We don't need this.

Considering how he's the ECOWAS Leader, Nigeriens will hate us for Life.

Is Tinubu ECOWAS. I'm not a fan of Tinubu but this is ECOWAS making decisions collectively not Tinubu
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by noobody(m): 6:47pm On Aug 10, 2023
He met with all governors with boarder to Niger already,I am sure we have this covered.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by sukkot: 6:48pm On Aug 10, 2023
odenigbo prepare the ogbunigwe, war is here. prigozhin and his boys about to invade us

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by PrincessofDSS(f): 6:48pm On Aug 10, 2023
Geesarki:
ECOWAS decision is not final. The president needs the consent of Nigeria's legislature. That's the beauty of democracy.
In military rule, the president would have attacked Niger by now.

We Northerners say NO to military invasion of Niger Republic. We ll never let this happen.

You don’t have a choice! That’s a president with balls 🏀

Just count your losses
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by bdon12: 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2023
Geesarki:
ECOWAS decision is not final. The president needs the consent of Nigeria's legislature. That's the beauty of democracy.
In military rule, the president would have attacked Niger by now.

We Northerners say NO to military invasion of Niger Republic. We ll never let this happen.
U can't do anything. My president had final says Constitutional order mst return to Niger
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by bdon12: 6:51pm On Aug 10, 2023
Abagworo:
And just by work of God Tinubu has ended up the worst President in Nigerian history. Every intelligent mind knows that the war will spread and there's likelihood of internal reprisals from within Nigeria since we share same ethnic and religious affiliation with Niger. May the innocent Nigerians not be affected by this poor decision but rather the guilty and their relatives. Amen
Wat if he succeeds n come out victorious?
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by carl90(m): 6:52pm On Aug 10, 2023
Good !
Wishing ECOWAS the best as they go out to restore constitutional order in Niger.
Coup d'etat should never ever be the norm in Africa.
Enough is enough!
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Moromoro(m): 6:52pm On Aug 10, 2023
Taylor90:

I am so happy that Rivers State doesn’t share any boarder with Niger

Na Hausas go receive this hit

When it happens the north should hold Tinubu responsible

This fight might even turn against us and you see Hausa and Yoruba fighting because of Tinubu

Hausa elders don tell you say e go affect them you carry DJ woofer and speakers block ear
But your brothers from Rivers state go follow fight the war.?
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by victorsola: 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2023
Metrofox:
Agbado will crumble this country to rule over her ruins. America has him by the balls grin grin . The enemy within. .. on top hunger in the land
. At least this will give the obidients the country dey want . So why the cry .
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Hassanmaye(m): 6:55pm On Aug 10, 2023
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Hassanmaye(m): 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2023
SenatePresdo:

We have 2026 bro
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2023
wirinet:

Democracy has not been working in Africa. All it has produced are civilian dictators, rigged elections, corruption and continued exploitation by colonial masters.

You must be a kid.

Anyway, this is your take home: The worst democracy is better than the best military.

If you do not understand the statement above consult an expert in economics, government, and international relations.

Shalom!!!
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by AfroBeatDiary: 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2023
See how they are manipulating Tinubu to do the bidding of the west. Now they are using Ecowas since the senate had refused.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by MarketDispatch: 6:57pm On Aug 10, 2023
[quote author=nquote]

But why is ECOWAS not taking a Joint stand to eradicate poverty?
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by SenatePresdo(m): 6:57pm On Aug 10, 2023
Babathanks:

Do you know is not only Nigeria that is in ecowas?
Do you know all state vote for this?
Stop all this blaming games. Is so annoying

Who is the ECOWAS Chairman?

Who threatened to use military action on them?

Who promised to bring half of the total number of soldiers that would invade?
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by justmondris: 6:57pm On Aug 10, 2023
I knew the guy will declare the war so that the westerners will not expose his dirty deeds
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by morrisono111: 6:59pm On Aug 10, 2023
Connected1:
This Tinubu of a man is out just to create more problems for Nigeria cry

We don't need this.

Considering how he's the ECOWAS Leader, Nigeriens will hate us for Life.

Is Tinubu ECOWAS..This was a Joint agreement of members of ECOWAS and not Nigeria alone.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by PrincessofDSS(f): 7:01pm On Aug 10, 2023
enemyofprogress:
Tinubu don dey craze ni?

Lmao

He’s President Toughie 😅😅😅😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Arab Woman Pilot Disowned By Her Family' For Bombing ISIS / Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President / Winnie Mandela At Her 80th Birthday Dinner (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.