Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. (111071 Views)

Emefiele Names Monarchs, Army Generals, Judges As Accomplices - Sahara Reporters / Forceful Retirement Of 10 Top Army Generals Looms As Farouk Yahaya Becomes COAS / Major Shake-up As 37 Nigerian Army Generals Redeployed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by Ikaeniyan0: 7:39pm On Aug 10, 2023
Quenncee:
why haven't they crush bokoharam, herdsmen etc. I don't see them defeating Niger Military that dealt with bokoharam during buhari regime.
Why have Niger military not crush bandits,boko and Iswap too?
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by JagabanB: 7:39pm On Aug 10, 2023
brain54:

What is so special about boko haram weapons…?

How do you know Niger do not have such weapons?

Niger at a point had success in pushing boko haram from her borders which big brother Nigeria could not.

Over sabi besides that’s absolutely not the point of this thread.

Winning or losing a War obviously depends on a lot of factors. Reason why I said I don’t want to say much in my very first statement in the comment you quoted.

The point the thread try’s to portray in the physical appearance of both country’s army generals was what I commented on.

So oga over sabi take a chill pill. You know say you Dey sabi think well well before you comment!
The post is not solely about physical appearance, it's more about advancement in the two military which will definitely reflect in physical appearance.
So Nigèria didn't experience success in pushing Boko Haram backwards?
Is Boko Haram interested in Niger or Nigèria?
Nigèria has always been the target of Boko Haram.
If u want to know what's special about Boko Haram weapons.
Maybe u should visit places like Borno then compared the weapons gotten from Boko Haram to that of the military, then, ur question will be answered.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by Quenncee: 7:52pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Why have Niger military not crush bandits,boko and Iswap too?

E mean say both Nigerien and Nigerian army are both weak.
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by Ikaeniyan0: 7:54pm On Aug 10, 2023
Quenncee:

E mean say both Nigerien and Nigerian army are both weak.
Why did USA and NATO fail to crush Alqaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by brain54(m): 7:57pm On Aug 10, 2023
JagabanB:

The post is not solely about physical appearance, it's more about advancement in the two military which will definitely reflect in physical appearance.
So Nigèria didn't experience success in pushing Boko Haram backwards?
Is Boko Haram interested in Niger or Nigèria?
Nigèria has always been the target of Boko Haram.
If u want to know what's special about Boko Haram weapons.
Maybe u should visit places like Borno then compared the weapons gotten from Boko Haram to that of the military, then, ur question will be answered.
The post I commented on…

1. Made absolutely no remark about combat abilities of both army’s.

2. It clearly commented on physical appearance of both country’s generals only. Which I commented on.

3. In any case my first line of statement shows that I didn’t want to make a wider comment about the war. I was only commenting on the thread because it seemed to me like the op concluded that appearance matters and translates to winning a war. Which was why I brought the boko haram argument in the first place. Because like I said winning a war takes a lot of things- military strategy, weapons, troop motivation, logistics etc. and not just appearance.

4. So now you are saying you have visited Borno state so you have compared and know the kind of weapons they use to be superior to that of the NA. And you have even gone further to Niger and know the kind of weapons they have- you have even compared them to know boko haram have superior weapons?

Okay o… me I can’t argue with that!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by SpatialKing(m): 7:58pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
After crushing the military, the legitimate president will be install in power. The people of Niger didn't take over power from the government.

After?
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by Ikaeniyan0: 8:04pm On Aug 10, 2023
SpatialKing:

After?
Go through my comment again and read, it's not hard to understand.
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by JagabanB: 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2023
brain54:

The post I commented on…

1. Made absolutely no remark about combat abilities of both army’s.

2. It clearly commented on physical appearance of both country’s generals only. Which I commented on.

3. In any case my first line of statement shows that I didn’t want to make a wider comment about the war. I was only commenting on the thread because it seemed to me like the op concluded that appearance matters and translates to winning a war. Which was why I brought the boko haram argument in the first place. Because like I said winning a war takes a lot of things- military strategy, weapons, troop motivation, logistics etc. and not just appearance.

4. So now you are saying you have visited Borno state so you have compared and know the kind of weapons they use to be superior to that of the NA. And you have even gone further to Niger and know the kind of weapons they have- you have even compared them to know boko haram have superior weapons?

Okay o… me I can’t argue with that!
I have been to Borno, I have been to Niger, I have seen a soldier killed by Boko Haram weapon, I know alot of guys who has served in Maiduguri and finished their shift, I have a lot of childhood friends in Navy, Airforce and Army whom we go out together and I can confidently tell u that many Boko Haram foot soldiers have better weapons than many of the guys exchanging bullets with them.
The post solely talked about appearance and u have drawn conclusions already.
The appearance should tell u who has better logistics, strategy, weapons and troop motivations.
That's exactly what the post is about.
U choose to ignore that and claim u focus on only physical appearance whereas u are making conclusions.
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by Penguin2: 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2023
JagabanB:

You warned Russia, so Russia is on it's knee and begging for food now?
The average Russian in Russia don't feel the impact of a war meanwhile Ukrainians are refugees all over Europe.
Some how, it's still we warned Ukraine.
Nigeria is not fighting a wàr, it's an ECOWAS war since u don't like Tinubu, it's ok to make it about Nigèrià.
The average Nigerian can't afford essential commodities yet the average Nigerian is living on essential commodities, do most of u have any idea on what u type at all?
But did Russia capture Ukraine in 72 hours?
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by JagabanB: 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
Penguin2:

But did Russia capture Ukraine in 72 hours?
I haven't heard where Russian military told u they will capture Ukraine in 72 hours and I can't remember telling u that either.
I am thinking u are thinking the reason this face off is happening is because Nigèria wants to capture Niger.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by Quenncee: 8:19pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Why did USA and NATO fail to crush Alqaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan?

Dey shift goal post
Dey play

Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by Ikaeniyan0: 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2023
Quenncee:

Dey shift goal post
Dey play
You quoted me and asked an unnecessary question that has nothing to do with this thread. this thread is about Nigerian military and Niger military, not about boko haram, IPOB or any other terrorist group.
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by Penguin2: 8:30pm On Aug 10, 2023
JagabanB:

I haven't heard where Russian military told u they will capture Ukraine in 72 hours and I can't remember telling u that either.
I am thinking u are thinking the reason this face off is happening is because Nigèria wants to capture Niger.
Did you people not say that?

Just like you are saying Nigerian Military will capture Niger in 13 hours?
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by joyandfaith: 8:32pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Nigeria military will crush Niger military. It's an insult to even compare the two countries military
Just like Russia is crushing Ukraine in 520 days of 3 days war.
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by brain54(m): 8:34pm On Aug 10, 2023
JagabanB:

I have been to Borno, I have been to Niger, I have seen a soldier killed by Boko Haram weapon, I know alot of guys who has served in Maiduguri and finished their shift, I have a lot of childhood friends in Navy, Airforce and Army whom we go out together and I can confidently tell u that many Boko Haram foot soldiers have better weapons than many of the guys exchanging bullets with them.
The post solely talked about appearance and u have drawn conclusions already.
The appearance should tell u who has better logistics, strategy, weapons and troop motivations.
That's exactly what the post is about.
U choose to ignore that and claim u focus on only physical appearance whereas u are making conclusions.
You seem to have ignored the first line…

In my comment which should have told you I wasn’t commenting on the war in particular. But just on the op seeming to draw conclusions that the NA will defeat Niger in a war straight out because of the way they look.

My brother you cannot draw a conclusion from those pictures on who has better weapons, logistic, motivation, tactics etc by looking at that picture.

Which was why I brought boko haram in here remember? Thank God you have been to borno your self so you should confirm how the boko haram troops look- do they look better than the Nigerian military generals? If not or yes then how has it translated in the war?

Even the better weapons you claim boko has are they properly trained to use them effectively… to maximum capacity? Why haven’t they won the war with the superior weapons?

These are things you should realize. Questions you should be asking and that’s why I stated that winning a war depends on a lot.

I have my personal opinions about the war- I never stated any of it in my comments.

I realize it would be a huge mountain to climb for Niger to win a war against Nigeria- talk more of with full support from ECOMOG countries. (But in war as in anything in life victory is never guaranteed) But I wasn’t commenting on that part.

I simply commented on the op seeming to draw a conclusion and portray the war to go a certain way from looking at and comparing the appearance of the generals in the picture.

Looks can sometimes be deceiving… and you certainly cannot tell whose logistics, training, weaponry, military tactics etc is better from looking at a picture.

From history we can actually conclude that the biggest army doesn’t always win a war. Even better weapons are not guarantees to winning a war.

Winning a war is a lot more than that. You can check out the “tiny “ Ukrainian army which on paper should have been crushed by Russia and how they have fared and held their ground for over a year now.

History is always there to learn from!
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by Styluss: 8:40pm On Aug 10, 2023
Pls compare boko haram and nigerian army, lets see something!
jumper524:
Even our retired military Generals looks more gallant than these jokes.
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 10, 2023
They look like Gentlemen but what is in the press paint them otherwise ... I wish we could hear from them directly.
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by Quenncee: 9:06pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
You quoted me and asked an unnecessary question that has nothing to do with this thread. this thread is about Nigerian military and Niger military, not about boko haram, IPOB or any other terrorist group.

Is IPOB a terrorist group?
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by Iseoluwani: 9:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
brain54:
I am not saying anything…

But sometimes you need to forget swag and packaging.

Have you seen boko haram rag tag commanders…?

And yet they give the generals you posted a hard time defeating them!

Pls friends vote my team Mount Zion from top to bottom

https://forms.gle/6ikrofh6vPgixJFJ8

Pls remember to vote for MOUNT ZION AND SHARE WITH FRIENDS

Tnks
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by Omoawoke: 9:26pm On Aug 10, 2023
Somehow.
It’s time Africa stop fighting one another.

I have a problem with blacks still serving European masters. These Europeans are our main enemies. Africa needs to unite and stop European hands on Africa.
Democracy is not for everyone

Same thing goes to triablism. Outside this country, you will be happy to meet a fellow Nigerian. Someone that can yarn pidgin english with you and share same culture with you. The only demons we have are the low life nairaland jobless wereys and other losers on social media insulting everyone because their candidate lost election

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by streetsoldier1(m): 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2023
Penguin2:
When Russia was invading Ukraine, we were here condemning Russia for invading a sovereign country.

But guess what, the mentally retarded ijiots are now championing Nigeria’s invasion of Niger Republic, were the greatest supporters of Russia.

They swore by their ancestors grave that Russia would capture Kyiv in 72 hours.

It’s more than a year now and Russia is losing grounds in Ukraine instead of gaining grounds. Kyiv is still standing and might never be captured by Russia.

Now, like deja vu, these fools are swearing that Nigeria would destroy Niger in 13 hours.

Like we warned Russia, we are now warning Nigeria against ill fated choice, but the idiotic fools who call themselves patriots are urging them on.

Fuel price is about to hit N700.

Dollar is nearing N1000.

Prices of essential commodities are beyond the reach of the average Nigerian.

These are the things that the Nigerian government should rather spend money on, but it’s rather choosing to go waste billions invading Niger.

And fools are cheering them on. Comparing Nigeria Generals with Nigerien Generals.

No wahala!

Like we are telling Russia “we warned you” now, that’s how we will be here to tell Nigeria and the war hungry urine dispenser “we warned you”.

Cowards of a country.... nigeria army is deemed the strongest in ground combat, and def out numbered the whole population of Niger REPUBLIC plus the whole population of Mali and bukinafaso
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by skyman200(m): 9:36pm On Aug 10, 2023
Remember 70% of nigers are Hausa and Hausa is the most populous tribe in Nigeria and Africa at large and ECOWAS will never win the war.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by yetunsbay(m): 9:47pm On Aug 10, 2023
brain54:
I am not saying anything…

But sometimes you need to forget swag and packaging.

Have you seen boko haram rag tag commanders…?

And yet they give the generals you posted a hard time defeating them!
common. That's political....who be boko
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by yetunsbay(m): 9:48pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ogene001:

That's not the issue. The issue is that Niger is a sovereign country and have right to decide their internal affairs. Niger did not take Nigeria land or resources therefore Nigeria is looking for trouble and other countries more powerful than Nigeria will come to their aid and finish Nigeria
and Nigeria allies gonna be looking abi
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by yetunsbay(m): 10:27pm On Aug 10, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
As all of u are clamouring for the invasion of Niger by our army i hope ur sons nd brothers are also in the army? I hope Tinubu and Shetima's sons are also among the troup that'll invade Niger? If ur sons nd brothers are not among but u're one of those supporting the show of shame may u experience what those poor parents of our soldiers will pass thro because of the war.
Ecowas army. No be naija single fight
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by Penguin2: 10:33pm On Aug 10, 2023
streetsoldier1:

Cowards of a country.... nigeria army is deemed the strongest in ground combat, and def out numbered the whole population of Niger REPUBLIC plus the whole population of Mali and bukinafaso
Oya nah, make una invade.
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by Horus(m): 10:54pm On Aug 10, 2023
The United States lost the Vietnam War. It was a humiliating to be beaten by a small country
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by JagabanB: 11:17pm On Aug 10, 2023
brain54:

You seem to have ignored the first line…

In my comment which should have told you I wasn’t commenting on the war in particular. But just on the op seeming to draw conclusions that the NA will defeat Niger in a war straight out because of the way they look.

My brother you cannot draw a conclusion from those pictures on who has better weapons, logistic, motivation, tactics etc by looking at that picture.

Which was why I brought boko haram in here remember? Thank God you have been to borno your self so you should confirm how the boko haram troops look- do they look better than the Nigerian military generals? If not or yes then how has it translated in the war?

Even the better weapons you claim boko has are they properly trained to use them effectively… to maximum capacity? Why haven’t they won the war with the superior weapons?

These are things you should realize. Questions you should be asking and that’s why I stated that winning a war depends on a lot.

I have my personal opinions about the war- I never stated any of it in my comments.

I realize it would be a huge mountain to climb for Niger to win a war against Nigeria- talk more of with full support from ECOMOG countries. (But in war as in anything in life victory is never guaranteed) But I wasn’t commenting on that part.

I simply commented on the op seeming to draw a conclusion and portray the war to go a certain way from looking at and comparing the appearance of the generals in the picture.

Looks can sometimes be deceiving… and you certainly cannot tell whose logistics, training, weaponry, military tactics etc is better from looking at a picture.

From history we can actually conclude that the biggest army doesn’t always win a war. Even better weapons are not guarantees to winning a war.

Winning a war is a lot more than that. You can check out the “tiny “ Ukrainian army which on paper should have been crushed by Russia and how they have fared and held their ground for over a year now.

History is always there to learn from!
Winning a war is relative and losing a war as well is relative, u are making comparison with Ukraine who have lost alot and in another 20 years will struggling from the disàstèr this war has cost them.
On all fronts they are Iosiñg the wàr.
I can't really talk about everything when replying a comment, I reply those I remember.
One of the reasons people attend school is to develop your thinking capacity.
The OP is not telling u that the pictures make the Nîgeriàn army better, rather he is telling the level of advancement the two military has from the picture.
Few months ago someone posted a picture of the US military eating in an organized manner and showed a picture of the Nîgeriàn army eating (a picture that looks bad).
Everyone drew conclusions from that picture that the US military is better.
Pictures tell alot and judging from that picture we can tell which military is more advanced.
U all love making comparison to Russia because of what u hear Western media which they do in a bid to downgrade Russia and keep pushing Ukraine deep into the abyss of destruction.
The Russian people don't know if wàr is happening meanwhile Ukrainians are refugees in many countries across Europe.
This alone is a huge defeat.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by JagabanB: 11:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
Penguin2:

Did you people not say that?

Just like you are saying Nigerian Military will capture Niger in 13 hours?
Maybe u should tag me to where I made those comments or direct ur statement to the "you people" u are referring to.
Don't make up stories in ur head and attribute to "you people".
Re: Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. by Ifed94: 11:56pm On Aug 10, 2023
SCARY PROPHECY: Many African Presidents Will Be Assassinated, Tinubu’s Govt Will Fall If … — Primate Ayodele

The leader of INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church, Primate Elijah Ayodele, has warned that some African presidents would be assassinated.

The Christian cleric warned the Chairman of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and President of NIgeria, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, that declaring war on the Niger Republic would lead to the assassination of many African presidents.

In a statement he signed, Primate Ayodele warned that no country in Africa would be able to survive the heat if the war against the military junta began.

Ayodele said the attack against Republic of Niger would lead to the downfall of Tinubu's government.

READ HIS FULL STATEMENT HERE: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/scooper-news-news-around-you/id1644044109

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks / Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others / See The Handshake Of Ike Ekweremadu That Got People Talking Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.