Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola (9195 Views)

Abimbola Fashola Hosts Christmas Party For Children Living With Disabilities / We'll Stop Edo Girls From Going Abroad For Prostitution- Mrs Aisha Buhari / Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by bomly(f): 3:26am On Oct 13, 2011
I hope this is not a debate on legalising prostitution? I fear all una when say make them legalize prostitution and my question is what benefit would it bring to Nigeria? But wait ooo if U born pikin will you wish for her to become a prostitute? anyway nor be today, The Heart of Men is despirately wickeeeeeeeeeeeeedd I beg make we fear God oh, even America never fit legalize this matter for all states with the height of civilization yet Naija wain never fit handle common NEPA wahala dey talk of to legalize prostitution. Okay nah go on dey legalize rubbish
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by Aladinn(m): 3:33am On Oct 13, 2011
Naija senators are just so bereft of ideas. Very soon they'll start delibrating on ladies' g-strings.
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by Kobojunkie: 3:33am On Oct 13, 2011
bomly:

I hope this is not a debate on legalising prostitution? I fear all una when say make them legalize prostitution and my question is what benefit would it bring to Nigeria? But wait ooo if U born pikin will you wish for her to become a LovePeddler? anyway nor be today, The Heart of Men is despirately wickeeeeeeeeeeeeedd I beg make we fear God oh, even America never fit legalize this matter for all states with the height of civilization yet Naija wain never fit handle common NEPA wahala dey talk of to legalize prostitution.  Okay nah go on dey legalize rubbish
Start with better treatment for these women, and hopefully others, both by society, their patrons, and people like you. This could embolden them to speak out against the ills still widely committed against females, who are considered sub-human in much of our society.
bomly:

anyway nor be today, The Heart of Men is despirately wickeeeeeeeeeeeeedd I beg make we fear God oh, even America never fit legalize this matter for all states with the height of civilization yet Naija wain never fit handle common NEPA wahala dey talk of to legalize prostitution.  Okay nah go on dey legalize rubbish
Yes, the heart of man is desperately wicked. That is why some men have kids and fail to provide for them. these children see no other way but to become LovePeddlers so as to put food in their mouths. Other men treat them like they are scum, spit on them and ra-pe them. tell me, are these children/women  to blame for it all?
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by YoAdek333(m): 3:43am On Oct 13, 2011
Yes I think "Kobojunkie" is correct and smart ;-)
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by bomly(f): 4:06am On Oct 13, 2011
HEAY HEAY HEAY I BEG I TIRE, THIS MATTER STRONG OH. I Cannot find one reason why prostitution should be legal, an act that is meant to dehumanize human can not be something to legalize.

Legalization of prostitution of the sex industry will increases child prostitution.
Legalization of prostitution does not promote women's health.
Legalization of prostitution does not enhance women's choice.

He clear now oh, this senators head nah basket wain dey lick water, they are just not in their right minds. UN is wasting alot of money in Nigeria trying to promote healthy choices and living. Okay why can't they finish with key issues first before thinking of this, prostitution nor be naija problem, they should solve issues that are pressing, Light - NO LIGHT, Generator noise wan kill person, Abi nah Education - School strike, Healthcare - Doctors not well paid or not even paid at all, Road - Pot hole deep like Well, Infact Nigerians why we dey fall our hand nah.
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by Kobojunkie: 4:10am On Oct 13, 2011
bomly:

HEAY HEAY HEAY I BEG I TIRE, THIS MATTER STRONG OH. I Cannot find one reason why prostitution should be legal, an act that is meant to dehumanize human can not be something to legalize.

Legalization of prostitution of the sex industry will increases child prostitution.
Legalization of prostitution does not promote women's health.
Legalization of prostitution does not enhance women's choice.

Now here is a question NON-IGNORANT/intelligent people will ask you following all the claims you have made so far on this. Do you have any data to BACK UP the highlighted claims? Or are you one of those who thinks "IF I SAY IT, IT AUTOMAGICALLY BECOMES TRUE/factual"?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

bomly:

He clear now oh, this senators head nah basket wain dey lick water, they are just not in their right minds. UN is wasting alot of money in Nigeria trying to promote healthy choices and living. Okay why can't they finish with key issues first before thinking of this, prostitution nor be naija problem, they should solve issues that are pressing, Light - NO LIGHT, Generator noise wan kill person, Abi nah Education - School strike, Healthcare - Doctors not well paid or not even paid at all, Road - Pot hole deep like Well, Infact Nigerians why we dey fall our hand nah.

It is really sad that in a nation where majority of the people who live there, claim to KNOW GOD and have relationships with God, HUMAN RIGHTS (especially the rights of the weak in society) is not considered priority. I bet you are preparing to quote a bible verse or two for us next. Probably will skip the parts where you are told that your Love for God is based on how you treat others and the weak??  undecided undecided

Even after my explaining that many of our women are ill-treated and still seen as less human in our society, it does not occur to you that this issue should shoot to the top of the list since LOCAL SOCIETY, even after 50 years, has seen fit to do NOTHING about this. In some parts of LOCAL SOCIETY, rap-e is still considered, even among the youths, as a legit way to teach a female a lesson. Imagine that?? This is the same LOCAL SOCIETY we want to continue leaving the fate of millions of Women, who are also human beings, in the hands of?  undecided undecided undecided  Or let me guess, they are females so issues that pertain to their well being and situation ought not be considered priority at all.
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by Bee4real: 4:40am On Oct 13, 2011
I fear for this country called Nigeria o, Late MKO Abiola says and I quote " When the head of a fish is spoiled, the whole fish is bad" just imagine what sponsored of the bill is talking about, which of the religion doctrines supported this, both ISLAM and CHRISTHIANITY and even the TRADITIONAL RELIGION forbids this. While are we doing thid for God's sake, remember that those generation that were destroy didn'nt commit up to this level. Tomorrow this same leader will go to church and get sitted at the front.
PLS CAN SOMEBODY ASK HIM IF THIS IS PART OF HIS PARTY'S PROMISE OF MASSIVE JOB CREATION FOR THE YOUTH, WILL YOU BE HAPPY IF YOUR OWN DAURGHTER (s) ARE PART OF THIS BUSINESS.
SEE WHAT YOU ARE PLANNING FOR SOMEBODY'S DAUGHTERS. IS THIS GOOD FOR OUR FUTURE.
God will Judge you, accordingly.
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by Kobojunkie: 4:47am On Oct 13, 2011
Bee4real:

I fear for this country called Nigeria o, Late MKO Abiola says and I quote " When the head of a fish is spoiled, the whole fish is bad" just imagine what sponsored of the bill is talking about, which of the religion doctrines supported this, both ISLAM and CHRISTHIANITY and even the TRADITIONAL RELIGION forbids this. While are we doing thid for God's sake, remember that those generation that were destroy didn'nt  commit up to this level. Tomorrow this same leader will go to church and get sitted at the front.
PLS   CAN SOMEBODY ASK HIM IF THIS IS PART OF HIS PARTY'S PROMISE OF MASSIVE JOB CREATION FOR THE YOUTH, WILL YOU BE HAPPY IF YOUR OWN DAURGHTER (s)  ARE PART OF THIS BUSINESS.

SEE WHAT YOU ARE PLANNING FOR SOMEBODY'S DAUGHTERS. IS THIS GOOD FOR OUR FUTURE.
God will Judge you, accordingly.

But the men and boys wey dey sleep with the ashe-wo dem already dey inside church. Many of dem dey look women for inside church dey wait for them to turn so they can slam that too. Why are you not praying God judge those ones ??  undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by seunlayi(m): 5:43am On Oct 13, 2011
legalization of prostitution will not work in nigeria. Amen
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by bomly(f): 5:58am On Oct 13, 2011
Nah Wa O Kobojunkie , anyway you are entitled to whatever opinion you have on this issue, However Legalization of Prostitution should not be a priority issue, infact not something to talk about, what good will it cause to the Nigeria society?

Most women in prostitution did not make a rational choice to enter prostitution. They did not sit down one day and decide that they wanted to be prostitutes. Rather, such choicesare better termed survival strategies. Rather than consent, a prostituted woman more accurately complies to the only options available to her. Her compliance is required by the very fact of having to adapt to conditions of inequality that are set by the customer who pays her to do what he wants her to do.

Legalization of prostitution does not promote women's health: Sexually transmitted infections would definately increase if prostitution is legalize, most of the time the women who prostitute go for the money with little or no conern about their health hence making them more vulnerable to infections.

Anyway I am not trying to arrue or debate but my 100% certain that legalizing prostitution in Nigeria is not a top priority issue and shouldn't be, not now and not in 50years to come.

My question: DON'T WE THINK THEY ARE MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES TO BE ADDRESSED?
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by bomly(f): 6:05am On Oct 13, 2011
Nigeria has the third-largest number of people living with HIV yet we are still talking of behavior that promotes the increase, we don't we move with positive trend, countries are delibrating on positive issues like improving productivity, promoting education, healthy life choices for youths, good healthcare system, job creation and we are talking about prostitution. I beg I nor need dey talk this kind matter jare.
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by phuckNL: 6:54am On Oct 13, 2011
morufoye:

95 percent of LovePeddlers in Nigeria today are forced into that profession by abject poverty and not because the girls are lazy as implied. 4 percent because of greed and materialism and 1 percent due to insatiable se.xual desire or addiction. this is a fact.

now, if the level of poverty is reduced  by getting these young girls or their parents gainfully engaged in an employment then 95 percent of the LovePeddlers will be off the street.  mathematically speaking, the number of LovePeddlers is directly proportional to the poverty level. legal or illegal. this same solution will solve the problem of armed robbery, kidnapping and other social vices.

Says who? How many of the aristo girls in Unilag were forced to do what they do due to "abject poverty"
Just incase you didn't know, carrying aristos is also prostitution.
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 13, 2011
phuck_NL:

Says who? How many of the aristo girls in Unilag were forced to do what they do due to "abject poverty"
Just incase you didn't know, carrying aristos is also prostitution.
O boy girl don catch you mugu.so because you see a very beautiful girl with bling bling holding a Blackberry torch means she is not from a poor home ? shocked most of those girls won't end up in aristos if they had come from atleast a family that can cater for their needs.I dont know about you but me I thankGod for my life.nawao
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by RuuDie(m): 7:11am On Oct 13, 2011
@ Topic,

Leave it as it is. . . . .!
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by phuckNL: 7:18am On Oct 13, 2011
~Bluetooth:

O boy girl don catch you mugu.so because you see a very beautiful girl with bling bling holding a Blackberry torch means she is not from a poor home ? shocked most of those girls won't end up in aristos if they had come from atleast a family that can cater for their needs.I dont know about you but me I thankGod for my life.nawao

What point are you trying to make? Abeg face the topic. This has nothing to do with me. The earlier poster said 95% of the girls do it because of "poverty" and i am trying to make a point that that is not correct.
Even if nigeria had the lowest poverty rate in the world, we would still have prostitutes. Prostittution is not the last resort for poverty but people still do it anyway becasue it is "easy" money.
I used unilag because a lot of those girls are not suffering from "abject poveryt". Yes they may not have much in their households but definitely not as the earlier poster put it.
Please try to address the topic, posts, rseponses etc and remove me from it okay.
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 13, 2011
phuck_NL:

What point are you trying to make? Abeg face the topic. This has nothing to do with me. The earlier poster said 95% of the girls do it because of "poverty" and i am trying to make a point that that is not correct.
Even if nigeria had the lowest poverty rate in the world, we would still have LovePeddlers. Prostittution is not the last resort for poverty but people still do it anyway becasue it is "easy" money.
I used unilag because[b] a lot of those girls are not suffering from "abject poveryt".[/b] Yes they may not have much in their households but definitely not as the earlier poster put it.
Please try to address the topic, posts, rseponses etc and remove me from it okay.
How can you be so sure of that ? These girls are just regular lowl ife and for from being ''comfortable'' as some of you think.Why would a woman feel good sleeping with a dozen men per day if she had what she needed to make life comfortable for her ? Abi you don see governors or ministers' children for road before ?
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by phuckNL: 7:58am On Oct 13, 2011
~Bluetooth:

How can you be so sure of that ? These girls are just regular lowl ife and for from being ''comfortable'' as some of you think.Why would a woman feel good sleeping with a dozen men per day if she had what she needed to make life comfortable for her ? Abi you don see governors or ministers' children for road before ?

Actually i have and hence my statement. I know poverty has something to do with it but lets not kid ourselves. Even if poverty is COMPLETELY ERADICATED, we will still have prostitution in Nigeria. There are girls who do it for free!!
Some of those women that you say sleep with 12 men can chose not to and get other jobs that will probably not pay as much. I am not judging, i am just saying that it is more of "the easy money that it brings" and not necessarily absolute poverty.
Some girls will chose to work at mr biggs and manage life while others would rather sleep with men. Some have no choice, i understand but lets stop generalizing. Prostitution is the oldest profession and will continue to exits, Poverty or Not
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by Orton10(m): 8:07am On Oct 13, 2011
Hope they will legalise it for Men too. . .would love to be Mrs Fashola's [i]b[/i]itch. wink

LOL at people carrying our country's problems on their heads.
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by truegist99: 8:12am On Oct 13, 2011
never done in anywhere!!!!!!!!! joooooo

www.bigimi.com , bring nigerians together
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 13, 2011
phuck_NL:

Actually i have and hence my statement. I know poverty has something to do with it but lets not kid ourselves. Even if poverty is COMPLETELY ERADICATED, we will still have prostitution in Nigeria. There are girls who do it for free!!
Some of those women that you say sleep with 12 men can chose not to and get other jobs that will probably not pay as much. I am not judging, i am just saying that it is more of "the easy money that it brings" and not necessarily absolute poverty.
Some girls will chose to work at mr biggs and manage life while others would rather sleep with men. Some have no choice, i understand but lets stop generalizing. Prostitution is the oldest profession and will continue to exits, Poverty or Not
The fact that it's the oldest profession doesn't make it an accept standard of human endeavour.It's just like armed robbery,kidnapping,militancy and other crimes,if you can't do them,then don't preach them.Government should provide jobs for people,raise the standard of living and reduce the cost of living instead of encouraging poor nigerians to resort to body trade.Will any nigerian elite allow his family associate with prostitution ?
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by phuckNL: 8:20am On Oct 13, 2011
~Bluetooth:

The fact that it's the oldest profession doesn't make it an accept standard of human endeavour.It's just like armed robbery,kidnapping,militancy and other crimes,if you can't do them,then don't preach them.Government should provide jobs for people,raise the standard of living and reduce the cost of living instead of encouraging poor nigerians to resort to body trade.Will any nigerian elite allow his family associate with prostitution ?

As far as i am concerned, if you practice pre-marital and/or extra marital sex, you are not excluded from the moral implications. We keep saying it as if these prostitutes are doing things that are out of this world.
99% of the population does exactly the same thing. The only difference is that with prostitutes, there is an exchange of currency.
If you pick up chics in clubs, malls, etc and have sex with them, so that is okay because you did not exchange money? Go to the villages where we claim the so-called high moral values, there are teenage pregnancies all over the place. Lets stop acting holier than thou.
We all do the nasty nasty and yet we try to make prostitutes look immoral. You are exempt if you are married and only stick to one partner!!
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by God2man(m): 8:44am On Oct 13, 2011
Nairalander! If people have a clue about the spiritual implication of sex, they will run away,whenever they see a prostitute. Hosea 4:6 " My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, i will also reject thee,that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God,i will also forget thy children" Five minutes of seemingly harmless sexual intercourse with a stranger, can destroy your life forever. Do not drag problem into your life as a result of free sex. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by Bawss1(m): 8:54am On Oct 13, 2011
As if the threat of Boko Haram is not enough, we are now looking for ways to draw the ire of extremists by seeking to legalize prost!tution. Anyway, regardless of whether this makes economic sense or not, legalizing prost!tution is morally wrong! Almost all the problems that affect Nigeria today stem from the fact that many families are not built on the right foundations and instead of addressing this basic problem we worsen the issues with this? Come on, people!
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by TenKobo1: 9:07am On Oct 13, 2011
Please legalise as soon as possible. I have been saying that for decades.
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by RuuDie(m): 10:07am On Oct 13, 2011
Funny enough. . . . . .prostitution is almost legal, why waste precious time - its a non-issue!
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by DaDoctor: 10:23am On Oct 13, 2011
COME OF IT,,,,,,,

PROSTITUTES
1) HANG OUT AT NIGHT MAINLY
2) THEY GET HOOKED BY 1 OR MORE SEZZ PARTNERS
3)THEY GET PAID AND THE DEAL IS DONE. THANSK YOU
4)THEY MAY HAVE A CONSTANT FEES WHICH MAY DECLINE BASED ON DEMAND
5)MAY MAINTAIN A HIGHER LEVEL OF HYGIENE

NORMAL SINGLE GAL ON THE STREETS
1)HANG OUT TOO, MOST TIMES AT NIGHT TOO
2)HAVE 1 OR MORE SEZZ PARTNER
3)THEY GET PAID IN SOME FORM ,AND MOST TIMES EVEN BEFORE THE DEED IS DONE
4) THEIR FEES , USUALLY HIGHER FROM CASH TO KIND AND MAY VARY TO SEVERAL MILLIONS
5)MOST HAVE POOR SENSE OF HYGIENE AND DEAL 'WITHOUT CD'S'

PLEASE WHICH ARE WE SAYING IS ILLEGAL? ARENT THEY ALL THE SAME THING? WHICH SHOULD BE ABOLISHED?

LADIES ARE CLOWNS ESPECIALLY THE SINGLE ONES
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by wysenas(m): 10:44am On Oct 13, 2011
Which of d holy books support prostitution?if u no fit hold bodi,then get married thats what God says.d prostitution itself is illegal and immoral,so how can u legalise it then?we need 2 fear God 2 avoid wrath.we have all thrown our religious faith into d dustbin,these are signs of END TIME !
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by born2boink(m): 11:38am On Oct 13, 2011
Prostitution should be legalize and government should build brothel in every local government, we are lacking brothels in  Maryland here, guys are really sufferer  and  our girls are taking us for granted but thank God no dull area in our neighboring area,

Prostitution should be legalize and it kind of different from robbery, it is up to you if you go to brothel to Bleep or not, it does not require the power of force and it kind of different from rape, there is contract and agreement in prostitution. if prostitution is being legalized guys will visit brothel without fear of being arrested.
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by agnesefe: 11:40am On Oct 13, 2011
While one shudders at the obtuse condemnations that trailed that call by Ekweremadu, for the legalization of prostitution-both from logic and base considerations- one is constrained to imagine that this debate resides only for the consumption and engagement of the distracted and fickle. At a moment when, worse moral conditions, both in range and impact, perpetuated by the political class and with active conniving impotence from the mob and crew, still, is in ascendant, then it bears to reason that crass misplacement of priorities, as customary, may have informed the attention.  With an economy and security still prostrate and upturned, under the watchful eye of rabble-rousers, and a clueless and jaundiced cabinet, one wonders if a traveling troupe of clowns and the eejit, won’t pass for better company than the lot that sits as government-we must do away with these distractions.
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by DaDoctor: 11:42am On Oct 13, 2011
agnesefe:

While one shudders at the obtuse condemnations that trailed that call by Ekweremadu, for the legalization of prostitution-both from logic and base considerations- one is constrained to imagine that this debate resides only for the consumption and engagement of the distracted and fickle. At a moment when, worse moral conditions, both in range and impact, perpetuated by the political class and with active conniving impotence from the mob and crew, still, is in ascendant, then it bears to reason that crass misplacement of priorities, as customary, may have informed the attention. With an economy and security still prostrate and upturned, under the watchful eye of rabble-rousers, and a clueless and jaundiced cabinet, one wonders if a traveling troupe of clowns and the eejit, won’t pass for better company than the lot that sits as government-we must do away with these distractions.

Abeg summarise this your epistle wey no get grammatical concorde cool cool
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by dubezra: 11:54am On Oct 13, 2011
legaliiiiiiiize it. Time 2 recognize it. cool
Re: Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola by cyberuzo(m): 1:03pm On Oct 13, 2011
[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP's Murtala Nyako Wins Adamawa Governorship Election / Governors Will Abuse State Police - Jonathan / Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.