Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,176 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna (14347 Views)

Jubilating Over Naira That Still Sells Above 1k A Dollar Is The Height Of Idiocy / Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges / Tinubu Posseses Skills To Address Economic Challenges, Says Babangida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by AfroBeatDiary: 11:08am On Aug 11, 2023
The water no clean.
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by TossTos: 11:09am On Aug 11, 2023
Compare to 2 for ₦50 naira in south west ..
1 Pepsi now sell for ₦250 hike in prices

Rice now sell as high as the seller could price tag it .
Everything for SW na X1000 ..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Asuzero2(m): 11:09am On Aug 11, 2023
englishmart:
Cost of living in the north is considerably cheaper. You can bang an average girl in Zaria for one pack of hungry man noodles. I'm not kidding. I've done it more than 80 times.
🫣
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Donpenny(m): 11:09am On Aug 11, 2023
Southerners are greedy

9 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Puss360(f): 11:10am On Aug 11, 2023
madridguy:
When you tell some people Northern Nigeria is the best region in Nigeria some people will be looking for avenue to fight you.

An average Northern sellers is not looking for too much profit.
Fact!!! An average northerner business person, just needs to make sales with very little profit..
But you see the Southern people, lol, their plan in life is so large that despite selling with huge profits, they still cheat you on top...

15 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by DenreleDave(m): 11:10am On Aug 11, 2023
I really enjoyed my stay in the north then sha

4 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by kyuniii(m): 11:11am On Aug 11, 2023
Sure price here in maiduguri, pure water goes for 10# and 50# was added for any drop, how much from Ramat park to New benin, and new benin to uselu market?
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by ERORR404(m): 11:11am On Aug 11, 2023
Not just Kaduna.. almost everywhere in the north.. it's still N10 here in Yola

5 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:11am On Aug 11, 2023
Kaduna state is one of the best states in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by emdis: 11:11am On Aug 11, 2023
True, even in bauchi

3 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by 7demons: 11:12am On Aug 11, 2023
englishmart:
Cost of living in the north is considerably cheaper. You can bang an average girl in Zaria for one pack of hungry man noodles. I'm not kidding. I've done it more than 80 times.
cc: Seun
cc: Obinoscopy #explicit content.

2 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by wunmi590(m): 11:13am On Aug 11, 2023

Nah water unah dey drink there?
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by FashionCookie(f): 11:13am On Aug 11, 2023
Things are relatively cheap up North...
Not here in the South-South(Warri especially)...
Na their mouth sharp pass when it comes to telling you one leader is doing better than the other. And wickedness full their belle...

9 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Christian07(m): 11:14am On Aug 11, 2023
where are you going with this headline .. or you just feel like saying something not educational

1 Share

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by clockwisereport: 11:15am On Aug 11, 2023
Na we dey do ourselves pass

2 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by SmartPolician: 11:16am On Aug 11, 2023
madridguy:
When you tell some people Northern Nigeria is the best region in Nigeria some people will be looking for avenue to fight you.

The only person who praises a poor artisan is he who exploits the poor artisan.

Admittedly, everyone wants to live in a state where things are affordable, but it can also translate to poor circulation of wealth and resources. That's why in advanced societies, people pay higher taxes as their earnings increase. The government pays part of this money to unemployed people because they want to deliberately circulate wealth in the country.

As far as I am concerned, there's nothing wrong with sellers, merchants and transporters increasing their fares and prices a bit. Those people have responsibilities too and have to eke out a decent living from what they do.

Tomorrow, people will still complain that northerners in the South don't rent houses, but we enjoy paying them #20 for fares of #300 because we can speak their language. We should stop recycling poverty. There's nothing noble about living on the breadline

People need to know this fact....

Angelfrost

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Mamijoh(f): 11:18am On Aug 11, 2023
rogerman:
They are still making a lot of profit. Even with the high cost of fuel, production cost of 1 sachet is 3 Naira.

Its greed that causes the benin sellers to jack up prices.
You're very correct

4 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Nadingo: 11:18am On Aug 11, 2023
ERORR404:
Not just Kaduna.. almost everywhere in the north.. It's still N10 here in Yola
Same here in Bauchi and in Damaturu. N10 per satchet and N140/N150 per bag.

5 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by faithfull18(f): 11:18am On Aug 11, 2023
Factors of production at play. The amount you expend on labour here can't be the same as the north.

Taxes nko, logistics etc.
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by SirLakes: 11:19am On Aug 11, 2023
Any time I go out with my backpack I put water bottle and drink Inside......sebi we want to be greedy in the south nii.
Very greedy people in the southern part of Nigeria grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Akasammyoka: 11:19am On Aug 11, 2023
That's it, once you have your APC card even fuel is sold at 97 naira here in Osogbo.

2 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by MyExpression(m): 11:19am On Aug 11, 2023
rogerman:
They are still making a lot of profit. Even with the high cost of fuel, production cost of 1 sachet is 3 Naira.

Its greed that causes the benin sellers to jack up prices.

How is it N3 or even N30 naira?

Machine, Nylon roll and packing bags, electricity, delivery vans, staff. Water storage tanks, Marketing, maintenance.... N3 naira per bag!

3 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Angelfrost(m): 11:20am On Aug 11, 2023
The core difference between Northern and Southern Nigeria is the devastating degree of Human Greed and Wickedness.

Having worked and lived in both regions, I can categorically and factually tell you that most Southern Nigerians are Heartless, Selfish, Immoral, and despicably Avaricious.

Remove terrorism and this political spate of insecurity, most Southern Nigerian guys would have relocated en masse to the core North.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by BigYash: 11:21am On Aug 11, 2023
Just forget Benin, the sellers there,na witches and wizard. Even those drivers .. Once they hear say dollar add or fuel add,them don add to everything be that. Even the things they already had in their stores.. You will see them telling you.. Obhi Epa ,no be you go tell me,as I go take sell my market o.. If you no wan buy,you go front... Iye Osakporlor !

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by nkemoma(m): 11:21am On Aug 11, 2023
That's why some will remain perpetually poor
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by SSpeter(m): 11:22am On Aug 11, 2023
Puss360:

Fact!!! An average northerner business person, just needs to make sales with very little profit..
But you see the Southern people, lol, their plan in life is so large that despite selling with huge profits, they still cheat you on top...
Stop acting funny the Northern part has a low standard of living compared to the south, hence things will naturally be cheaper. If you increase the prices in the North, where is the money to buy? Northerners can trek hundred of kilometers if the price of transportation goes beyond their means, have you trekked for 10kms in your life? The last time I took pure water was in my uni days, and no you will not get Nestle or eva water cheaper in the North

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Typing: 11:23am On Aug 11, 2023
englishmart:

LIES

1 Like

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by BoldBrainz(m): 11:23am On Aug 11, 2023
OP,

Like someone said in one of the comments, the differences in price has more to do with the daily economics of running small scale business, than it has to do with greed.

Sachet water price in Sabo is not the same with sachet sachet water price in Barnawa, both in Kaduna. And even you know this.

A bottle of Hero beer is still sold between 350 and 400 naira around Sabo. It's not less than 500 naira in Barnawa, Kawo, Mando, etc.

There'll always be the price variance, due to a number of factors which I'm currently too tired to mention.

4 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by BoldBrainz(m): 11:24am On Aug 11, 2023
Typing:

LIES

He's not lying.

2 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by SSpeter(m): 11:24am On Aug 11, 2023
madridguy:

Stop acting funny the Northern part has a low standard of living compared to the south, hence things will naturally be cheaper. If you increase the prices in the North, where is the money to buy? Northerners can trek hundred of kilometers if the price of transportation goes beyond their means, have you trekked for 10kms in your life? The last time I took pure water was in my uni days, and no you will not get Nestle or eva water cheaper in the North

5 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Typing: 11:26am On Aug 11, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Na we way dey Benin city permanently here dey hear am hot

Everything dey expensive here bros

We want die

Edo state matter na something way them supposed declare a state of emergency o when it comes to price

Anything way go up here nor dey green come down

Unionism caused the high rate of everything in Benin. Everything has a Union in Benin. Tomatoes sellers have their union, Ugu leaf sellers have their union too.

Some things are more expensive in Benin than Lagos and PH.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by sevo(m): 11:28am On Aug 11, 2023
Amebo...who send you You wan spoil groove for us wey dey kd bah??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Randy And Lavish Lifestyle Of Christopher Brambaifa Son Of NDDC Boss / Sagay On Magu's Trial: PDP Is Rejoicing Because Their Tormentor Is Out Of Office / What Utter Madness - Civil Defence Corps Now To Carry Arms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.