Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna (14344 Views)

Jubilating Over Naira That Still Sells Above 1k A Dollar Is The Height Of Idiocy / Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges / Tinubu Posseses Skills To Address Economic Challenges, Says Babangida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by mastermaestro(m): 11:56am On Aug 11, 2023
EDUECO:

Let me school you a little!

Benin City is in Nigeria but it is an extension of Europe .

Funds from diasporan remittances is the life line of Benin City economy.

There is stupendous wealth in Benin City.

Another deep thinker. cheesy
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Thislifesef: 11:56am On Aug 11, 2023
Nemesis0147:
The truth is living in the north is very cheap…Asin cheap as F!
I went to Lafia from Abj of recent and the difference was clear,,,my mind is telling me to relocate to Lafia,moreover e no far from Abj 😂

Na for south east and south south them dy quick add money…
keffi is closer to Abuja and the cost of living there is relatively cheap too, keffi will be better than lafia, back in 2020, 200 to 250 will take you from keffi to Abuja.

The immediate past APC chairman resides there and baba try for the small town by bringing the state university, Nsuk, NYSC orientation camp, federal medical center and some intentional developmental agents to the town.

Just a little town you can see it's entirety in length and breath from the Maloney hills.

was 150 from keffi to the snake farm owned by tukur buratai, like 200 to Zimbabwe and other relaxation spots around at the outskirts of abj.
The 177 Guard Battalion, Shittu Alao Barracks and the prisons facilities are also in the town.

Houses are relatively cheap also, in 2020 you could get a brand new 2 bedroom flat for 150k in their "GRA" where abdulahi adamu resides.

7 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by FLYFIRE(m): 11:58am On Aug 11, 2023
madridguy:
When you tell some people Northern Nigeria is the best region in Nigeria some people will be looking for avenue to fight you.

An average Northern sellers is not looking for too much profit.
Why would water most of them get from gutter sell more than N10
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Nyanabo(m): 11:58am On Aug 11, 2023
MyExpression:

Thank you.

It is a healthy and refreshing drinking water.

Place your order for regular supplies...we will come down to your doorstep.

Lol I don't stay In Abuja. I just wanted to commend you.

1 Like

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Think9ja(m): 11:58am On Aug 11, 2023
Nemesis0147:
gist me
Wetin dy happen for that keffi…

Where I want start?
First, Keffi de close to Abuja so you fit de import Abuja/Maraba girls come

Keffi get University, a Federal Medical Centre, NYSC Camp, chilling spots, club, and gyming centre. The downside with keffi na less opportunities, you need a job or business to survive cos industries and companies no de. Same as Lafia.
But if you work in Abuja and have a car, Keffi is the best place for you.

Na my dream place to settle down

I be Nas boy confirm, I school for Lafia but na Keffi boy I be

But I de Lagos now sha. Man gas leave him comfort zone

3 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by vowiski(m): 12:00pm On Aug 11, 2023
Did you compare the road in Kaduna and that on Benin ?

2 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Nemesis0147(m): 12:01pm On Aug 11, 2023
Thislifesef:
keffi is closer to Abuja and the cost of living there is relatively cheap too, keffi will be better than lafia, back in 2020, 200 to 250 will take you from keffi to Abuja.

The immediate past APC chairman resides there and baba try for the small town by bringing the state university, Nsuk, NYSC orientation camp, federal medical center and some intentional developmental agents to the town.

Just a little town you can see it's entirety in length and breath from the Maloney hills.

was 150 from keffi to the snake farm owned by tukur buratai, like 200 to Zimbabwe and other relaxation spots around at the outskirts of abj.
The 177 Guard Battalion, Shittu Alao Barracks and the prisons facilities are also in the town.

Houses are relatively cheap also, in 2020 you could get a brand new 2 bedroom flat for 150k in their "GRA" where abdulahi adamu resides.
I think keffi will be cheaper sef because a lot of high institutions are in Lafia
Nas poly
Their state university
University of agriculture
School of health Abi nursing
NOUN too
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by MirrorD(m): 12:02pm On Aug 11, 2023
I bought one bag for 200naira this morning in kd

1 Like

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Nemesis0147(m): 12:04pm On Aug 11, 2023
Think9ja:

Where I want start?

Keffi get University, a Federal Medical Centre, NYSC Camp, chilling spots, club, and gyming centre. The downside with keffi na less opportunities, you need a job or business to survive cos industries and companies no de. Same as Lafia.

oh okay
But Lafia get light like mad…I stayed there for 3 days and their electricity were on a steady

2 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Thislifesef: 12:04pm On Aug 11, 2023
Think9ja:

Where I want start?

I have been to some countries and about 22 states in naija but keffi is my first love.
My story with keffi is my only love at first experience.
I love keffi.
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Jay16: 12:07pm On Aug 11, 2023
englishmart:
Cost of living in the north is considerably cheaper. You can bang an average girl in Zaria for one pack of hungry man noodles. I'm not kidding. I've done it more than 80 times.
I think only in Angwan gwodo
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by DyingFetus: 12:07pm On Aug 11, 2023
AmazingELixir:
grin

Pure water indeed...peeps are gulping well water and calling it pure water.

The important thing is that it's being filtered
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by NamelessOGBENI(m): 12:07pm On Aug 11, 2023
No be new update na, sachet water sells for almost the same price in most part of the Northern region, quote me anywhere...

2 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by onuman: 12:07pm On Aug 11, 2023
Why not? Kaduna has the best and largest public water supply project built by Obasanjo government.
Buhari in 8 years as president had no heart to reciprocate to build a water supply project anywhere in the south. Buhari would rather build in Niger 🇳🇪 Republic if he understood that it's the responsibility of government to ensure that treated running water is made available to citizens.
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by eedimo(m): 12:08pm On Aug 11, 2023
Maiduguri 10 naira
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Theoarhics: 12:11pm On Aug 11, 2023
I bet u that water is not pure. They are selling water for 10 naira not pure water for 10 naira.
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Thislifesef: 12:12pm On Aug 11, 2023
Nemesis0147:
I think keffi will be cheaper sef because a lot of high institutions are in Lafia
Nas poly
Their state university
University of agriculture
School of health Abi nursing
NOUN too
I have been to lafia too but I think prices of commodities are quite the same and transportation is cheaper in keffi because the means of public transportation is bike, stuffs like apples and other fruits were cheaper in Lafia and surprisingly apples were cheaper in abj than keffi in 2019.
But generally keffi is a nice place, I prefer keffi to lafia a billion times.
There are special lines that has constant electricity too.
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by akpota(m): 12:13pm On Aug 11, 2023
madridguy:
When you tell some people Northern Nigeria is the best region in Nigeria some people will be looking for avenue to fight you.

I camped in Kano, if not that i had a little side hustle in Lagos and contact, i wish to remain in Kano.

6 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by motymop: 12:13pm On Aug 11, 2023
SmartPolician:

The only person who praises a poor artisan is he who exploits the poor artisan.

Admittedly, everyone wants to live in a state where things are affordable, but it can also translate to poor circulation of wealth and resources. That's why in advanced societies, people pay higher taxes as their earnings increase. They pay part of this money to unemployed people because they want to deliberately circulate wealth in the country.

As far as I am concerned, there's nothing wrong with sellers, merchants and transporters increasing their fares and prices a bit. Those people have responsibilities too and have to eke out a decent living from what they do.

Tomorrow, people will still complain that northerners in the South don't rent houses, but we enjoy paying them #20 for fares of #300 because we can speak their language. We should stop recycling poverty. There's nothing noble about living on the breadline

People need to know this fact....

Angelfrost

so how has 100% increase in goods and services help in circulating wealth in the south?

We saw videos of people treking because of the increase in the cost of transportation in some part of lagos

1000% increase in price of transportation cause by greed is one of the causes of inflation and also poverty.

imagine paying *10 for just a very short distance, isnt that greed, people will get more poorer if they use more than half of their income on transportation

3 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Think9ja(m): 12:14pm On Aug 11, 2023
Thislifesef:
I have been to some countries and about 22 states in naija but keffi is my first love.
My story with keffi is my only love at first experience.
I love keffi.

Wow
That's great to hear
It's actually a nice place to live life.
The location just makes sense
But just like most places in Nigeria, no opportunities

2 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by akpota(m): 12:15pm On Aug 11, 2023
7demons:

cc: Seun
cc: Obinoscopy #explicit content.

How can u bang a Northern girl?
Sharia law dey ooh.
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Puss360(f): 12:15pm On Aug 11, 2023
SSpeter:
Stop acting funny the Northern part has a low standard of living compared to the south, hence things will naturally be cheaper. If you increase the prices in the North, where is the money to buy? Northerners can trek hundred of kilometers if the price of transportation goes beyond their means, have you trekked for 10kms in your life? The last time I took pure water was in my uni days, and no you will not get Nestle or eva water cheaper in the North
So in your opinion, Which part is better to live.. North or South
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Tingotoe: 12:15pm On Aug 11, 2023
englishmart:
Cost of living in the north is considerably cheaper. You can bang an average girl in Zaria for one pack of hungry man noodles. I'm not kidding. I've done it more than 80 times.
Oga you're a liar. I lived on and off in Zaria for almost 15 years. You're just chasing after nairaland validation with your lies

2 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Think9ja(m): 12:15pm On Aug 11, 2023
Nemesis0147:
oh okay
But Lafia get light like mad…I stayed there for 3 days and their electricity were on a steady

I know of two areas for Keffi weh their light mad
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Angelfrost(m): 12:16pm On Aug 11, 2023
motymop:

so how has 100% increase in goods and services help in circulating wealth in the south?

We saw videos of people treking because of the increase in the cost of transportation in some part of lagos

1000% increase in price of transportation cause by greed is one of the causes of inflation and also poverty.

imagine paying *10 for just a very short distance, isnt that greed, people will get more poorer if they use more than half of their income on transportation

Leave that guy... We just like justifying what is wrong.

Most Southern Nigerians are greedy and immoral.

This is not up for argument... I have always known this right from childhood.

We worship money and encourage financial desperation with attendant increase in societal vices, including unimaginable crimes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Thislifesef: 12:16pm On Aug 11, 2023
Think9ja:

Wow
That's great to hear
It's actually a nice place to live life.
The location just makes sense
But just like most places in Nigeria, no opportunities
there are opportunities if you are agricultually inclined Sha.
I had a farm in panda while I was in keffi
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by Goodman2023: 12:17pm On Aug 11, 2023
madridguy:

Is the water pure ? I live in the north...so nothing you want to say from far west
Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by onuman: 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2023
CodeTemplar:
The average northerner is more productive than their southern counterpart and so can afford to sell same product or service lower.

Most of those bike riders also have farms and that reduces the pressure on them to charge too high. They also know moderate increase in price help keep patronage level.

It also explains why Benin people are first to hit the streets when thing go south.

In bold.
Average northerner more productive than the average southerner? You are entertaining yourself with lies.
You go to pray five times a day in the north.
How can you produce more than a southerner under similar circumstances?
Northern women are mostly kept in harem and locked up only to be seen by their husband. How can a woman locked up in purdah produce more than a free woman?
Barbanriga is the uniform of northerners. Wearing Barbanriga one produces little to nothing obviously.
Northerners are encumbered by Islamic Sharia criminal justice system. Southerners are free from such morribund justice system. So how can one checkmated by Sharia criminal laws be more productive than a free person?

2 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by fineboynl(m): 12:25pm On Aug 11, 2023
what will you say to a landlord that added 150k to house rent. and also shop rent increase after subsidy?

every one is under pressure and there is no way you can meet up if you sell lower.

in the north the standard of living is low including rent. and enhance the pressure is not much.

you cant compare city life with village

1 Like

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by ehikwe22: 12:33pm On Aug 11, 2023
Puss360:

Fact!!! An average northerner business person, just needs to make sales with very little profit..
But you see the Southern people, lol, their plan in life is so large that despite selling with huge profits, they still cheat you on top...

All the most dishonest businessmen I've encountered in the South are Hausa men and their services are not cheap. Could this be an issue with location instead of people? Things are much more cheaper in the north so they can afford to survive with less money.

2 Likes

Re: With All The Economic Challenges, Pure Water Still Sells For ₦10 In Kaduna by ehikwe22: 12:34pm On Aug 11, 2023
onuman:

In bold.
Average northerner more productive than the average southerner? You are entertaining yourself with lies.
You go to pray five times a day in the north.
How can you produce more than a southerner under similar circumstances?
Northern women are mostly kept in harem and locked up only to be seen by their husband. How can a woman locked up in purdah produce more than a free woman?
Barbanriga is the uniform of northerners. Wearing Barbanriga one produces little to nothing obviously.
Northerners are encumbered by Islamic Sharia criminal justice system. Southerners are free from such morribund justice system. So how can one checkmated by Sharia criminal laws be more productive than a free person?

Don't mind all these almajiri idiots. Productive career beggars

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Utter Madness - Civil Defence Corps Now To Carry Arms / A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE / APC Chairmen Didn’t Recommend Selection For Kyari’s Successor – Dalori

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.