Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,344 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses (38638 Views)

Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos / Kaduna Residents Cry Out Over Government's Plan To Demolish 300 Houses / Benue To Demolish 300 Houses Contravening Laws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Eriokanmi: 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Lagos is not for sale and has never been for sale. If you know you know wink Just note those Lagos family names again.

Shout out to these Yoruba families;
Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Pedro,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,
Anthony
Check my signature for free stuffs!

I wonder why these people don't participate in Lagos politics actively. Most of them are either lawyers, academicians, engineers, etc. Its high time we begun being relevant in our land. I was discussing this with my uncle recently, the last born of uncle Femi-Pearce. 2027 will be interesting. Details later.
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by staga: 1:43pm On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Lagos is not for sale and has never been for sale. If you know you know wink Just note those Lagos family names again.

Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Pedro,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Pedro,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,
Anthony

All descendants of Brazilian slaves of Yoruba origin who returned voluntarily. I watched a documentary about them recently. Heard they even have a strong association in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by sukkot: 1:43pm On Aug 11, 2023
2mch:

Ok. It does not apply to everyone on that list. 99% are Yoruba and the returnees are Yoruba too. Tansome-Kuti found his way back to his village in Abeokuta. Many on that list like that from Ogun and Osun state. Not all on that list are Lagos names. Freestuffs just added all the names she knows. Most of those returnees were mature when they left and came back older, with knowledge of their villages and even family member they left behind. So they did find their way back home and started contributing to their ancestral land tremendously.
brother you said they were mature when they left and came back older with knowledge of their villages ? Do you know how long slavery went for ? Like 300 years. Nobody who went came back unless you fought the slavers on the ship and escaped and returned back I. Which case you would still remain your african name. All those names are the white masters that owned them . Anyone who has those names is a many generational slave. They have no idea where they came from. They mostly picked Sierra Leone or Liberia or Lagos to return to

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by TrumpDonald2: 1:44pm On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Pedro,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Pedro,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,
Anthony

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Now it's obvious that your stupidity is natural. It's hereditary. Yoruba family names indeed.
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Litmus: 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2023
tnerro1:

But what if it was sold to them genuinely by government?

Best question if you're an onlooker interested in purchasing land lawfully in Lagos or if you believe you've purchased lamed legally.

How does this topic relate to the circa 1974 law that handed all Nigeria land to the state with proviso that ethnic nationalities may have majority retuned by registering this with the state. The rest, government keeps for itself for the purposes of public developments ?

Excuse any vagueness, my knowledge of Nigeria land laws are rusty and haven't bothered to refresh my memory. Hope my meaning is nevertheless understandable.

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Pedro,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Pedro,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,
Anthony

All the names you mentioned were passed on from slave masters to their slaves and from colonialists to their subjects, these aren't Lagos names.

There are Lagos (Yoruba) names in all areas of Lagos, those are the authentic Lagos names, not these foreign ones. Go and research the history of these names, it's nothing to be proud of...

2 Likes

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by staga: 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2023
sukkot:
brother you said they were mature when they left and came back older with knowledge of their villages ? Do you know how long slavery went for ? Like 300 years. Nobody who went came back unless you fought the slavers on the ship and escaped and returned back I. Which case you would still remain your african name. All those names are the white masters that owned them . Anyone who has those names is a many generational slave.

I think she meant the descendants who decided to come back from Brazil on their own.

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by EmperorCaesar(m): 1:46pm On Aug 11, 2023
jmoore:
Most of the landlords in that area are still Yoruba people.

Thought u guys have bought up 80% of lands in Lagos

This your statement no clear o

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:47pm On Aug 11, 2023
Reinaldo:
Real Lagosians are easy to spot. When you hear names like Vivour-Rhodes. Those are the real owners

But someone from Osun state is the one controlling lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by sukkot: 1:48pm On Aug 11, 2023
staga:

I think she meant the descendants who decided to come back from Brazil on their own.
well the ones from Brazil have somewhat of a legitimate claim because mostly Yoruba slaves went to Brazil but then how do they know they are lagosians when kidnapped ? The place wasn’t called Lagos then
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Diligence: 1:48pm On Aug 11, 2023
These conspiracies will continue for a long time as long as we HV judiciary that is ready to compromise with some families in Lagos State!
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by SemperFid: 1:49pm On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Pedro,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Pedro,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,
Anthony

How about your own name ni.

N0nentity

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by billyG(m): 1:49pm On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Pedro,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Pedro,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,
Anthony

All those names are Brazilian-yorubas slave descendants
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by 2mch(m): 1:49pm On Aug 11, 2023
sukkot:
brother you said they were mature when they left and came back older with knowledge of their villages ? Do you know how long slavery went for ? Like 300 years. Nobody who went came back unless you fought the slavers on the ship and escaped and returned back I. Which case you would still remain your african name. All those names are the white masters that owned them . Anyone who has those names is a many generational slave. They have no idea where they came from. They mostly picked Sierra Leone or Liberia or Lagos to return to
The ones that escaped in Sierra Leone were shipwrecks. They came right back home. The ones from Brazil were not all slaves and Brazil did not practice slavery like US. No White person gave anybody money. The blacks in Brazil were keeping families with links back to Nigeria and preserving their history so they know where they are from. A lot were able to buy their freedom and come back home before death too. It’s not a one type of story! No slave returnee from America came back! America was too far and brutal with their slavery. Except they immigrated into Nigeria legally like this Vaughn that you claim. Even that was rare.

2 Likes

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Babathanks(m): 1:50pm On Aug 11, 2023
Reinaldo:
Real Lagosians are easy to spot. When you hear names like Vivour-Rhodes. Those are the real owners
Must u politicise everything?. Una know dy tire, haba bow

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by TrumpDonald2: 1:55pm On Aug 11, 2023
bigadler:

All the names you mentioned were passed on from slave masters to their slaves and from colonialists to their subjects, these aren't Lagos names.

There are Lagos (Yoruba) names in all areas of Lagos, those are the authentic Lagos names, not these foreign ones. Go and research the history of these names, they're nothing to be proud of...

Don't mind the idiot. I'm beginning to think the person behind that moniker is a woman. The passion he/she gives to very petty issues amazes me to be coming from a man.
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by sukkot: 1:56pm On Aug 11, 2023
2mch:

The ones that escaped in Sierra Leone were shipwrecks. They came right back home. The ones from Brazil were not all slaves and Brazil did not practice slavery like US. No White person gave anybody money. The blacks in Brazil were keeping families with links back to Nigeria and preserving their history so they know where they are from. A lot were able to buy their freedom and come back home before death too. It’s not a one type of story! No slave returnee from America came back! America was too far and brutal with their slavery. Except they immigrated into Nigeria legally like this Vaughn that you claim. Even that was rare.
they gave them lots of money. It’s called the 40 ACRES AND A MULE RECONSTRUCTION PROJECT
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Eriokanmi: 1:57pm On Aug 11, 2023
BOSSkesh:
I can see my name there
Yoruba are the greatest, the best, the most educated, the most welcoming and the most Sophisticated tribe on earth
If you truly do, why don't we participate actively in lagos politics but always allow non-indigenes hold sway? We're too entangled with books and professions. We need to wake up. Lagos deserves better.

Dad is from Akoko side of edo state, born to the family of a man whose grandfather was among the early educated people in Lagos. The Pearse family. In essence,.my great grand dad was lagosian who was a forest guard in the colonial era and was posted to ondo, now settled in an old ondo town which was later merged with edo during state creation. There he gave birth to granddad, who gave birth to dad in Lagos and dad married a lagos lady. It's like retracting the roots. Pearce isn't Ondo or Edo name but that of Lagos. Great grandpa's House on Lagos Island where he lived before his posting to the town where he settled down and married is still there till date on bangboshe Street, near Upper campus area. I was there recently.

3 Likes

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Ezmans: 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2023
[quote author=skuribeebo post=125037872][/quote]one day the real owners of Lagos will take over Lagos
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by SoaringLife01: 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2023
[quote author=skuribeebo post=125037872][/quote]
You dey yab the name Tompolo...bend down make I knock your head.
All these so-called Lagosians names are not our indigenous names.Most of them were freed slaves and still start life with that slave mentality by bearing their White slave masters name.
You dey yab freeborn name....I am proud of my surname- Pure undiluted African name.
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Yankee101: 2:01pm On Aug 11, 2023
The entire setup of Lagos na scam since them Tinubu took over
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Asswipemod: 2:04pm On Aug 11, 2023
Taylor90:

Egbeligwe gbagbu kwe gi

So it has now become a battle of native tongues.😝😝😝😝
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Elliotwaveforec: 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Pedro,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Pedro,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
Randle,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,
Anthony

All these returnee slaves were originally Oyos, Ijeshas, Egbas and Nupes.
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Famous606: 2:07pm On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Pedro,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Pedro,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
Randle,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,
Anthony

Are all this names Yoruba names , sycophant

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Svoboda(m): 2:10pm On Aug 11, 2023
2mch:

Not true. Load of bullshit you wrote there. Yoruba going to Brazil knew who they were and not all were returned slaves. Yoruba were going to Brazil for trade and education. Some were free in Brazil, made money and came back. No Oyinbo will give you any money as a free slave. The slaves amongst them paid for their freedom and came back home.

These families own Lagos Island and a lot of land around Lagos. A lot of their kids are abroad so thieves pretending to be Omo Onile are selling these lands. Most people are living on stolen land.

The question is about their roots. Where were majority of ex slaves captured. Samuel ajayi crowther traced his origins to osogun, in present day oyo state. Likewise a lot of the families, who couldnt make a return to theie native lands because of the attraction lagos held.

Its like creole families laying ancestral rights to freetown or banjul.
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by ebufa: 2:10pm On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Pedro,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Pedro,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,
Anthony

Legal shenanigans will only lead to tears at the end of the day for the so called land owners......you can contrive and magically conjure phantom land disputes as much you can...........in fact go ahead to Alaba and Aspamda and conjure more legal disputes.............we dey wait for una! No be Nigeria we dey again..............there are more than 3 ways to get rid of irritating mosquitoes!
If you know ...you know!!!
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Hassanmaye(m): 2:11pm On Aug 11, 2023
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by sukkot: 2:12pm On Aug 11, 2023
2mch:

Also another reason why many of these ex slaves gravitated to Lagos Nigeria is that at the height of the abolitionist movement several extremely rich white philantropists, the billionaires of their time, all got together to form the AFRICAN COLONIZATION SOCIETY to deal with the slave problem by repatriating former slaves back to Africa. Then they paid an ex slave called MARTIN DELANEY to go explore Africa for a suitable place to repatriate the ex slaves to. And Martin Delaney explored Africa and found his way to Lagos Nigeria and went back to report to the white billionaires and then they built a huge ship and gave the slaves who wanted to return lots of money and shipped them to Lagos

XAUBulls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by raskymonojendor: 2:14pm On Aug 11, 2023
BOSSkesh:
I can see my name there
Yoruba are the greatest, the best, the most educated, the most welcoming and the most Sophisticated tribe on earth
Mine is missing. Almeida grin

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by EmperorCaesar(m): 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2023
sukkot:
Also another reason why many of these ex slaves gravitated to Lagos Nigeria is that at the height of the abolitionist movement several extremely rich white philantropists, the billionaires of their time, all got together to form the AFRICAN COLONIZATION SOCIETY to deal with the slave problem by repatriating former slaves back to Africa. Then they paid an ex slave called MARTIN DELANEY to go explore Africa for a suitable place to repatriate the ex slaves to. And Martin Delaney explored Africa and found his way to Lagos Nigeria and went back to report to the white billionaires and then they built a huge ship and gave the slaves who wanted to return lots of money and shipped them to Lagos

Meaning most of these guys may not be originally Yorubas

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by sukkot: 2:18pm On Aug 11, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

Meaning most of these guys may not be originally Yorubas
they are not but they married into Yoruba eventually and then became Yoruba after like 2 generations

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by CaptainFM1: 2:20pm On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Pedro,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Pedro,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
Randle,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,
Anthony

Stop praising Slave owners. Those names are the owners of slaves. They are the ones that maltreated your great fore fathers. Their names were stamped and forced on them to identify where the slaves colony everyone of them belongs.

I don't know why you are singing praises of a name that is not African, certainly not Nigerian and definitely not Yoruba!

It's neo-colonisation or self imposed colonisation mentality that's worrying you.

I have friends from some of those lineages and they've had course to drop those useless names slave masters stamped on them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The State Of A Compound In Isolo After A Heavy Rainfall - Pics / Construction Of 5 Bedroom Duplex And a 4 Bedroom Bungalow in Imo State. / My Family Has Been Scammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.