Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,490 members, 7,836,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses (38654 Views)

Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos / Kaduna Residents Cry Out Over Government's Plan To Demolish 300 Houses / Benue To Demolish 300 Houses Contravening Laws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by ChristianMuslim: 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2023
@FreestuffNG which one be your papa or grandpapa name for there, some people kind type rubbish with their leprosy hand.. you need to see a psychiatrist doctor Asap or get a job.. because i can see you don't have something to do.. you just come online and type whatever comes from your dullard head.. see a psychiatrist asap

2 Likes

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Cantonese: 2:26pm On Aug 11, 2023
Jokerman:
Some people in Delta state will be buying land without family receipt from people who are not even family.

Just wait your time is coming, the real family are coming ... Better seek the real families of these land before buying land from bastards.

It depends on the location in Delta state.
An you buy land in Warri, Asaba, Ughelli, Agbaroh, Igbuzo, Ogwashi, etc, without receipts?

You must be talking of some very remote places only, where trust holds them together.

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by raskymonojendor: 2:28pm On Aug 11, 2023
sukkot:
they are not but they married into Yoruba eventually and then became Yoruba after like 2 generations
You are right. But haven't met any that's not Yoruba. We are Yoruba first. We follow Yoruba customs and traditions. Even though some older generation still hold one or two Brazilian catholic tradition.

Ps: the Yoruba sub groups: the Aworis, Ijebus, and Egun on the far west are the real owners of Lagos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Dareal90s(m): 2:31pm On Aug 11, 2023
Taylor90:

Na so

Land wey una don sell finish pack go Ogun state go live

Ikwerre people even better pass una at least they sell some and build on some for their residence

Una own na to sell both land sea and swamp then come back years later to shout pack and go your region

If Dem no sell na still Unna go dey shout Yorubas hate you, what do u guys want? Behaving like women.

2 Likes

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by sukkot: 2:33pm On Aug 11, 2023
raskymonojendor:

You are right. But haven't met any that's not Yoruba. We are Yoruba first.
yeah they are all yoruba. It’s like back then there was no Aeroplanes. It’s ships. Where is the first port of call for ships from America ? It’s Yorubaland. So they always come in and join Yoruba and become Yoruba. But they still keep the slave masters name till this day. Me ? I would have changed it. I have met many of these families. They have a different look about them. They look african American. The braithwaites, remember tunji braithwaite ? The Vaughan’s, etc etc
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by CaptainFM1: 2:37pm On Aug 11, 2023
Eriokanmi:
I wonder why these people don't participate in Lagos politics actively. Most of them are either lawyers, academicians, engineers, etc. Its high time we begun being relevant in our land. I was discussing this with my uncle recently, the last born of uncle Femi-Pearce. 2027 will be interesting. Details later.

If you enter Nigerian politics with any of those names, we will tell you your slave-story. As if it's not shameful enough, you are brazenly praising Slave Owners name.

Names that you should angrily discard and file for compensation for the way they treat your great grand parents. Do you even ever watch
Kunta kinte (The Root)?

Anyway, have a glimpse of how they treated your forefathers in this picture. I suggest you should find that movie and watch too.

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Ombudsman1: 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2023
TrumpDonald2:

Don't mind the idiot. I'm beginning to think the person behind that moniker is a woman. The passion he/she gives to very petty issues amazes me to be coming from a man.

I WAS THINKING SAME TOO ABOUT THAT FREESTUFFSNG. A REAL MAN WOULDN'T BE SUCH A PETTY SHALLOW REEETARD. HE/SHE IS JUST A PATHETIC SAD CVNT I MUST SAY

2 Likes

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by HRMK: 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2023
SO.THE FAMILY NOW OWNS THE SAID 300HOUSES SINCE WHOEVER OWNS THE LAND OWNS THE HOUSES!

2 Likes

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by johbara: 2:42pm On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Lagos is not for sale and has never been for sale. If you know you know wink Just note those Lagos family names again.

Shout out to these Yoruba families;
Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Pedro,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Pedro,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
Randle,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,
Check my signature for free stuffs!

I see a lot of slave names here......no offense intended sad

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by InvertedHammer: 2:43pm On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Lagos is not for sale and has never been for sale. If you know you know wink Just note those Lagos family names again.

Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Pedro,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Pedro,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
Randle,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,

/
Lost generations if these Portuguese, Hispanic and Oyibo surnames are the original owners of Lagos cool

/
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Eriokanmi: 2:48pm On Aug 11, 2023
CaptainFM1:

If you enter Nigerian politics with any of those names, we will tell you your slave-story. As if it's not shameful enough, you are brazenly praising Slave Owners name.

Names that you should angrily discard and file for compensation for the way they treat your great grand parents. Do you even ever watch
Kunta kinte (The Root)?

Anyway, have a glimpse of how they treated your forefathers in this picture. I suggest you should find that movie and watch too.
No. They rather came back home after being taken into slavery. Rhey were lagosians who returned home. They all spoke yoruba when they came back while some chose to remain there. You can call those ones s slave descendants.

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Johnthesuccess: 2:54pm On Aug 11, 2023
[quote author=FreeStuffsNG post=125037501]Lagos is not for sale and has never been for sale. If you know you know wink Just note those Lagos family names again.

Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Pedro,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
Randle,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,

Ohhhhh,baba, I just love you. Naa you be the real G. Don't mind all those yam legged,monkey looking,gorrila cousins, enrosion ravage land,mud stuffing,fake bastard developer. Awon oloriburuku people. Won nii kuure.

2 Likes

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Johnthesuccess: 2:55pm On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Pedro,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
Randle,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,

Ohhhhh,baba, I just love you. Naa you be the real G. Don't mind all those yam legged,monkey looking,gorrila cousins, enrosion ravage land,mud stuffing,fake bastard developer. Awon oloriburuku people. Won nii kuure.

3 Likes

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by BitterTruth0001: 2:55pm On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Lagos is not for sale and has never been for sale. If you know you know wink

If you had any sense, you would’ve seen that this is an internal family struggle.
It’s just a transfer of ownership from one faction to the legally recognized faction.

Keep embarrassing yourself .

While the respondents are Mrs. Stella Adedoyin Shonowo, Mrs. Bukola Amusan, Mrs Adetokunbo Vera-Cruz, Lawrence Oluwatoyin Reis, Ms Taiwo Shyleon, Ms Winifred Cardoso and the probate registrar, High Court of Lagos State Justice Jumoke Pedro had in a consent judgement in suit number M/7P/14 set aside all previous dealings in properties forming part of Lawrenco Anthonio Cardoso Estate without first obtaining letters of administration .

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by ConfidentialDoc: 2:55pm On Aug 11, 2023
tnerro1:

But what if it was sold to them genuinely by government?

The c of o still has an expiry date.

The government has prerogative to either renew or withdraw the allocation, if they do wish
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Johnthesuccess: 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2023
Taylor90:

Na so

Land wey una don sell finish pack go Ogun state go live

Ikwerre people even better pass una at least they sell some and build on some for their residence

Una own na to sell both land sea and swamp then come back years later to shout pack and go your region

Don't worry.My prayer is that they should give Igbo their biafla that they are asking for. Then ,we shall Know who owns the land. Una eyes go see ween.
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Atarakpa: 3:01pm On Aug 11, 2023
But the people are originally from Brazil
FreeStuffsNG:

Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Pedro,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
Randle,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by nedekid: 3:07pm On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Pedro,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
Randle,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,

On a lighter note, I thought we will see your name there.
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Goodman2023: 3:12pm On Aug 11, 2023
BOSSkesh:
The real owners of the land are back to reclaim what is rightfully theirs, watch how the nattering nitwits ipob wing will convulse on hearing the news

Majority of landlords in Apapa are Yorubas...they sold fraudulent lands to their own brothers...when will Yoruba stop betraying each other

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by femi4love(m): 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Pedro,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
Randle,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,

Serrano

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by 2mch(m): 3:20pm On Aug 11, 2023
sukkot:
Also another reason why many of these ex slaves gravitated to Lagos Nigeria is that at the height of the abolitionist movement several extremely rich white philantropists, the billionaires of their time, all got together to form the AFRICAN COLONIZATION SOCIETY to deal with the slave problem by repatriating former slaves back to Africa. Then they paid an ex slave called MARTIN DELANEY to go explore Africa for a suitable place to repatriate the ex slaves to. And Martin Delaney explored Africa and found his way to Lagos Nigeria and went back to report to the white billionaires and then they built a huge ship and gave the slaves who wanted to return lots of money and shipped them to Lagos

XAUBulls
Guy, they did not gravitate towards anything. They simply came grin back home. You are arguing points you know nothing about. You don’t know the history of Lagos like I do. I am from one of these families and we do not discriminate against these people and call them slaves. They made Lagos what it is today! These families occupied Lagos Island and were mostly taken from there or travelled from there. Lagosians, especially Lagos Islanders are far ahead of other Nigerians in every way when it came to education and trade. They had been doing international trade and education long before other Nigerians who were telling tales in villages and clapping hands every night cheesy. The Ijebu’s were still in their fishing villages and Eguns as well. The village Awori’s were farmers. These names are Yoruba exposed to westerners and most are Awori descendants who occupied Lagos Island. The ones with English names have Yoruba family names. Those ones did not go anywhere to slave! They just adopted those names via religion or trade due to their interaction with Oyinbo. The ones with Spanish sounding names are returnees!

They returnees are not all slaves either. They are also well respected members of Lagos because they brought with them a lot of knowledge and building in Lagos. So stop trying to diminish them and their contributions. Their wealth was made in Lagos through industry and being pioneers in introducing things to Nigeria which the West were already doing. No slave master gave any money to any free slave! African American are still fighting for their 40 acre and a mule.

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Rhassidy360: 3:22pm On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Pedro,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
Randle,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Delano,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,
Serrano

You no put Randle
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Tealcrestmedia(m): 3:23pm On Aug 11, 2023
BOSSkesh:
The real owners of the land are back to reclaim what is rightfully theirs, watch how the nattering nitwits ipob wing will convulse on hearing the news

Continue, till it gets to someone you know or even yourself, you won't understand.

This poses a threat to decades long transactions that's been concluded. You can't eat your cake and have it, if truly those lands were bought rightfully by the owners, then this kind of judgements should be discouraged as it can lead to anarchy. You will be forming strong land retriever until you meet a dangerous family who aren't willing to let go legally or illegally, then they will understand.
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by FreeStuffsNG: 3:23pm On Aug 11, 2023
Rhassidy360:

You no put Randle
There, check where you have the Domingos wink
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by sukkot: 3:26pm On Aug 11, 2023
2mch:

Guy, they did not gravitate towards anything. They simply came grin back home. You are arguing points you know nothing about. You don’t know the history of Lagos like I do. I am from one of these families and we do not discriminate against these people and call them slaves. They made Lagos what it is today! These families occupied Lagos Island and were mostly taken from there or travelled from there. Lagosians, especially Lagos Islanders are far ahead of other Nigerians in every way when it came to education and trade. They had been doing international trade and education long before other Nigerians who were telling tales in villages and clapping hands every night cheesy. The Ijebu’s were still in their fishing villages and Eguns as well. The village Awori’s were farmers. These names are Yoruba exposed to westerners and most are Awori descendants who occupied Lagos Island. The ones with English names have Yoruba family names. Those ones did not go anywhere to slave! They just adopted those names via religion or trade due to their interaction with Oyinbo. The ones with Spanish sounding names are returnees!
oh I see why you are formulating stories to protect their heritage, because you are one of them. Guy history is history, you can’t change it. Till today that Vaughn family they kept in touch with their relatives in America. The Vaughan’s from America meet up with the Nigerian Vaughan’s annually for family get together and to tell their story. It is what it is
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by Dscientist: 3:30pm On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Pedro,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
Randle,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Delano,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,
Serrano

Where did you put Pacheco ?

1 Like

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by 2mch(m): 3:34pm On Aug 11, 2023
sukkot:
oh I see why you are formulating stories to protect their heritage, because you are one of them. Guy history is history, you can’t change it. Till today that Vaughn family they kept in touch with their relatives in America. The Vaughan’s from America meet up with the Nigerian Vaughan’s annually for family get together and to tell their story. It is what it is
YOU are the one formulating stories out of your ass. You are not Lagosian and you do not have an idea what you are talking about. I am telling you what the reality is. You can not use the story of one immigrant to Nigeria to now paint all Lagos families. That was not a returnee but an immigrant. It’s different. Stop confusing yourself, jumping to conclusions and trying to turn family histories greater than your own to rubbish.
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by sukkot: 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2023
2mch:

YOU are the one formulating stories out of your ass. You are not Lagosian and you do not have an idea what you are talking about. I am telling you what the reality is. You can not use the story of one immigrant to Nigeria to now paint all Lagos families. That was not a returnee but an immigrant. It’s different. Stop confusing yourself, jumping to conclusions and trying to turn family histories greater than your own to rubbish.
oh I am a real lagosian. My pops was local government chairman in this Lagos. Son of the soil. Lagos royalty lol. Not african American returnee immigrant like you lol
Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by CaptainFM1: 3:41pm On Aug 11, 2023
Eriokanmi:
No. They rather came back home after being taken into slavery. Rhey were lagosians who returned home. They all spoke yoruba when they came back while some chose to remain there. You can call those ones s slave descendants.

You missed the whole drift. The way and manner they got back is not the point. Continuously bearing those names even to the point of glorifying it is what we are talking about. It's like saying you accept what they did to your forefathers.

I have friends that understand the injustices meted on there great grand parents and decided to ditch those names. Never again do they want to be associated with slavery or slave owners.

It's like Oyinbo man put shackles on your forefathers and even after they've freed them, their generations love and appreciate the chains and are wearing it brazenly with confidence. It's nothing but self imposed colonialisation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses by porthouse7(f): 3:45pm On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Pedro,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
Randle,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Delano,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon,
Doherty,
Serrano,
Joaquim,
Pacheco

this are returning slaves name, real lagosians are the Adele's, Oshodis , olumegbos, .......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The State Of A Compound In Isolo After A Heavy Rainfall - Pics / Construction Of 5 Bedroom Duplex And a 4 Bedroom Bungalow in Imo State. / My Family Has Been Scammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.