Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers (1287 Views)

Tinubu Ask Supporters To "Lower The Temperature" Until September 28 / 6 Islamic Clerics Oppose Tinubu, Ask Muslims Not To Vote Him / Suspected Terrorists Attack Niger-Abuja Military Checkpoint Near Zuma Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by AntiTerrorist: 6:46pm On Aug 11, 2023
Tweeps Lambast Tinubu Government, Ask If Nigeria Is Planning To Attack Niger Junta With ‘Hungry’, ‘Neglected’ Soldiers

The soldiers lamented that they are not given enough food and that they eat meat once a month, buy medicine from public medical vendors due to poor medication, and bribe to get welfare passes to get out of the bush to see their families.

Nigerians on Twitter have lambasted President Bola Tinubu after soldiers deployed by the 152 Battalion of the Nigerian Army for Operation Hadin Kai in the Northeast region lamented the alleged misuse of power against their rights by their Commanding Officer, Lt. Col. M.Z. Dikko.

SaharaReporters on Wednesday reported that the soldiers in their cry for urgent intervention by the Chief of Army Staff, Chief of Defence Staff, Theatre Commander and the General Commanding Officer of the 7 Division of the Nigerian Army, lamented acute hunger, saying they were not being properly fed.

They also lamented the non-payment of their allowances.

Nigerian Soldiers Lament Hunger, Neglect, Non-payment Of Allowances Amid War Against Terrorists, Other Non-State Actors

The soldiers lamented that they are not given enough food and that they eat meat once a month, buy medicine from public medical vendors due to poor medication, and bribe to get welfare passes to get out of the bush to see their families.

Also, soldiers in the Nigerian Military School (NMS) headed by Brigadier General AD Aliyu, lamented the non-payment of their Instructor Allowance for the first quarter of the year.

According to them, their counterparts in other army schools like Nigerian Depot Army, Nigerian Defence Academy, Nigerian Army School of Language, Nigerian Army College of Education, Nigerian Army School of Medical Sciences, Nigerian Army School of Nursing and Nigerian Army School of Armour have been receiving their allowances.

Meanwhile, the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) led by President Tinubu has said no option is off the table including military action against the junta in the Niger Republic after the coup leaders ousted the country’s elected President Mohamed Bazoum and took over power on July 26.

The Tinubu-led West African regional bloc gave the Niger military leaders a one-week ultimatum to return power to Bazoum who has been held hostage since he was ousted in July or face military invasion.

The ultimatum expired on Sunday and the coup leaders have refused to budge.

Reacting to SaharaReporters’ story on the soldiers who lamented acute hunger, neglect and nonpayment of their allowances, tweeps berated the Tinubu-led government and asked if the hungry, neglected soldiers are among the troops ECOWAS would deploy to fight against Niger coup leaders.

A Twitter user, @MyrorMiller wrote in pidgin English, “The 1,300 so, dem still dey owe them? How dem been wan go fight for Niger with empty belle?”

@Abubakatunde said, Nigeria is not a place for someone to be a soldier. Soldiers life isn't valuable in Nigeria.”

Another user, @ZAKARIA20222864 said, But others are going home with holiday allowances,” to which @jay__adebayo wrote, “That’s why i resigned from the job last year, the rate of cheating and intimidation is alarming, my 8 years in the service was like wasted and taking risk for the country that doesn’t even know your value because recruitment taking place every 6 month, using Nigerian youths as sacrifice all the name of joining Army. God forbid.”

@endyy090 who also wrote in pidgin English asked, Na the hungry people they wan use fight Niger. If these soldiers are united, coup for don happen in Nigeria since. How can you be paying your military peanuts?”

For @iammrpunky, “This is one of the reasons why these men accept peanuts from a civilian to go harm another civilian. FG needs to do better.”

@skyedron wrote, “This is the same army they want to send to Niger republic.”

Also reacting, @legend_082 said, The politicians and top military officials are living a life of luxury, while the junior soldiers live like peasants and rely on extorting money from civilians. Let’s not forget that the wives of the oppressors also live a life of opulence while the wives of junior officers live a life abject poverty.”

Another tweep, @ofemifemii asked, “The same army Tinubu dey threatening Niger with? Just dey play,” while @bossbabyof9ja said, “Meanwhile, Akpabio has "sent prayers to their mailboxes" for senators to enjoy their holidays. Nothing moves me anymore sha. Let us face the consequences of the election.”

Also, @UgwuAnayoJude1 asked, “Na like this una Dey prepare to invade Niger?”

@Lotxx100 wrote, “Hope Nigeria army is not planning what am thinking?” while @faisalaula362 said, “Wagner group will soon start recruiting them.”
https://saharareporters.com/2023/08/10/tweeps-lambast-tinubu-government-ask-if-nigeria-planning-attack-niger-junta-hungry?utm_source=operamini&utm_medium=feednews&utm_campaign=operamini_feednews
Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by Taylor90: 6:50pm On Aug 11, 2023
Soldiers that feeds on daily N1200 meal wan go war

Nigerian soldier are the most badly treated soldiers by any government

11 Likes

Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by Wainey: 6:50pm On Aug 11, 2023
The stupidity of many people online is just overwhelming, Is it Tinubu that is attacking Niger abi is it ECOMOG that is attacking the Junta forces?

2 Likes

Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by SmartPolician: 6:59pm On Aug 11, 2023
Imagine the rubbish that still happens in this country in this age and time.

Believe it or not, Tinubu cannot fix Nigeria.

This country needs a radical change from a rugged, right-thinking leader!

6 Likes

Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by helinues: 7:01pm On Aug 11, 2023
The generational wailers

grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by MMWandali: 7:05pm On Aug 11, 2023
No to war

Democracy is not by force

7 Likes

Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by iSense247: 7:09pm On Aug 11, 2023

You can't belong to these people if you are not hopeless in life. Their experience is similar to committing suicide. I wonder how jobless youths who have no fight in them are going to confront gallant Nigerien soldiers. Tinubu just wants to send them to mass grave.

4 Likes

Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by iSense247: 7:11pm On Aug 11, 2023
SmartPolician:

This country needs a radical change from a rugged, right-thinking leader military junta!
fixed
Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by BoldBrainz(m): 7:16pm On Aug 11, 2023
helinues:
The generational wailers

grin cheesy

Dollar might exchange for 1000 naira tomorrow. Continue playing the ostrich and watering down the emotions and sufferings of your fellow countrymen and women!

5 Likes

Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:21pm On Aug 11, 2023
smileylaw
Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by Lovelive: 8:05pm On Aug 11, 2023
You really displayed your stup idity here with this your comment.

Wainey:
The stupidity of many people online is just overwhelming, Is it Tinubu that is attacking Niger abi is it ECOMOG that is attacking the Junta forces?

2 Likes

Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by Lovelive: 8:07pm On Aug 11, 2023
A day is coming where all these crocks (dealers politicians) will be handled with animosity by the poor masses.
I 4see.

SmartPolician:

This country needs a radical change from a rugged, right-thinking leader!

1 Like

Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by Lovelive: 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Dollar might exchange for 1000 naira tomorrow. Continue playing the ostrich and watering down the emotions and sufferings of your fellow countrymen and women!
Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by Wainey: 8:09pm On Aug 11, 2023
Lovelive:
You really displayed your stup idity here with this your comment.

you must be mistaken me for ur fæthēr
Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by Lovelive: 8:13pm On Aug 11, 2023
Hey yah !

I know my Father. He can't never display such of huge magnitude of stu pid ity anywhere anytime.
Wainey:
you must be mistaken me for ur fæthēr
Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by Mossadd: 8:16pm On Aug 11, 2023
Wainey:
you go cry and explain tire boda oponu
Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by Wainey: 8:19pm On Aug 11, 2023
Lovelive:
Hey yah !

I know my Father. He can't never display such of huge magnitude of stu pid ity anywhere anytime.
No wonder mom always spend the night with me, popsy isn't giving it to her as I do angry angry grin
Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by Wainey: 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2023
Mossadd:
you go cry and explain tire boda oponu
lolz, truth is I no even wan explain again, everyone is entitled to his opinion 👍
Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by Lovelive: 9:12pm On Aug 11, 2023
Boy ! You are sleeping with ghost in case you don't know. You are under spell, know this today.

Wainey:
No wonder mom always spend the night with me, popsy isn't giving it to her as I do angry angry grin

2 Likes

Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by Psalmistproject: 9:14pm On Aug 11, 2023
I just pity the innocent soldiers that needs proper diet.
Let all tinubu supporters rise up to the occasion and join the army asap.

Tinubu will never disappoint these ones as what they'll eat will not be a problem 🌽
Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by Wainey: 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2023
Lovelive:
Boy ! You are sleeping with ghost in case you don't know. You are under spell, know this today.

no man, ur mom is not a ghost cheesy
Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by NOwazobia: 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2023
Lovelive:
A day is coming where all these crocks (dealers politicians) will be handled with animosity by the poor masses.
I 4see.

Forget it, that day will never come.

Not the masses who value a 1000, 2000 naira bride, and play ethnic politics.

I repeat! that day will never come. 🚶
Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by Samsunny99: 9:56pm On Aug 11, 2023
Wainey:
Guy you dump,who is heading ECOWAS, who keeps issuing out statement on behalf of the body,you need to go fix your brain
Get your fact right before disgracing your generation in public

1 Like

Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by Ezmans: 10:32pm On Aug 11, 2023
Wainey:
eBola child oya attack attack attack them

1 Like

Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by maticar: 10:33pm On Aug 11, 2023
helinues:
The generational wailers

grin cheesy
Generational penury dey wait you oo

Dey play
Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by Betanaija42moro: 10:33pm On Aug 11, 2023
Oga pls can you concentrate on your sinking country

1 Like

Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by a4cube: 10:40pm On Aug 11, 2023
Taylor90:
Soldiers that feeds on daily N1200 meal wan go war

Nigerian soldier are the most badly treated soldiers by any government
It's 300 naira a week which is 1200 naira a month. Get the facts right.

1 Like

Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by JagabanB: 10:46pm On Aug 11, 2023
So Niger soldiers are well fed?
The average Nigerian think he is enlightened by insuIting his country without doing anything to contribute to the country's growth, good enough they are same people who are getting turned down when they apply for visa.
Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by YouandiAllofus: 10:54pm On Aug 11, 2023
Y
Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by BiafraAburi: 12:07am On Aug 12, 2023
Wainey:
So your drug lord will not even be going to the war front, but he want to send innocent husband and parents of children to their early death in niger republic while he relaxes in iragbiji gulping ewedu, amala and gbegiri, right?
Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 12:09am On Aug 12, 2023
helinues:
The generational wailers

grin cheesy

Trash..

Most western countries that will benefit from the war have evacuated their citizens..Yet Nigeria has over 300000 of its citizens in their IDP camps but na Nigeria wan go war..

Hahahahahahaha...Una stupidity na federal ..

Watch how Northern soldiers will remove Tinubu
Re: Tweeps Lambast Tinubu, Ask If He Is going to Attack Niger With ‘Hungry’ Soldiers by DrMPH: 2:22am On Aug 12, 2023
Wainey:

If you're the only sane person in online spaces, won't you be worried about your sanity? What is ECOMOG and what does each member state contribute to it? Trying to make a distinction without a difference is not intelligence.

Please, help yourself
https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2023/8/1/timeline-a-history-of-ecowas-military-interventions-in-three-decades

https://journals.lib.unb.ca/index.php/jcs/article/view/4379/5057

(1) (2) (Reply)

Resign Now, You Have Become A National Embarrassment - Atiku Camp Slams Tinubu / See How Tinubu Lied Under Oath In A Nigerian Court Of Law / It Will Favour Me & My Family Crew Member Cries Out On Twitter Over Hardship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.