Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

My Niger Experience. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Niger Experience. (997 Views)

My Niger State Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Niger Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 8:14am On Aug 13, 2023
Hello all, this is me sharing you with you how I found my self in Niger State on the 12th Of August with out planning.

I had arrived Abuja on a Thursday for a meeting with a potential startup that want to hire us to review their offering for the Nigerian Market, but of course they weren't clear with their offering.

So I called my logistics officer who fixed another meeting for me with another startup, and I was given an IV for the OXfam World Youth Day program in Abuja on a Friday

2 Likes

Re: My Niger Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 8:14am On Aug 13, 2023
After the event on Friday, I returned to my hotel, then on Saturday morning (I was actually supposed to leave to Maiduguri on Sunday morning).....I was fu*King bored 😴 like mehn!!

I called someone the dude was like make I find you companion (you know the meaning), I was like no ooo am nwa father ooo..... then he was like am going to Niger state, but you can join me if you like , but note am not he isn't going to the Bush that he was going to see his wife people.....

He was like tagg along you might see your spec 👀 😏 amongst my wife family people.....Saying my single life was a concern to him .......Bro wtf am just bored 😴 😐 noting else.....do make I japa back to Maiduguri.

I was like okay.....

I took a taxi, we met up at Kubwa, Abuja, (he had told me that I should dress well oo 😉) in his word no dress like mad boy oo.....Smiles.

From Kubwa I was like bros let move with hilux, he said no that we should move with Corolla (I know am well, he like walka like craze guy), but the funny thing his wife thinks am the one spoiling him, 😆 😄 not knowing na him dey spoil me smiles 😄 😆.

In my mind I just knew that we might not come back today. I was already praying that I don't miss my flight.....Sha make we no lie I really like rolling with him, he fears nothing even death.

Same story......Badt guy 👦!

Smiles 😃 we left Kubwa by 10am to his wife family house in Suleja.....(though I didn't take pictures becaue I didn't expect the trip to divate), like in and out stuff from Suleja.

We passed Madalla towards sulleja....

We got to his wife's family house, the wide was like this your brother don lean finish ooo, funny 😁 😂 bros was saying I don fat finish, 🤣 😂 aunty was like get a wife that will be feeding you, that she will match make me 😉 ......Me in my mind was calculating how I wan survive babes and their issues, hope say e no affect my biz etc, bros was just laffing....Both sha she had fine cousins, but bro code......don't shit where you eat. Don't start what you can't finish......make I no go spoil my name for the family becaue of babe, and I wasn't ready for that kind of commitments....I no give any body contact...ooo

1 Like

Re: My Niger Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 8:14am On Aug 13, 2023
While there my friends mum called me that I should send her yams (like she bought a tuber of yam for 4.5k in abuja and she can't have me and be buying yams that amount), like if na money I want make I talk she go send ......You know plenty talk from mother to son......in mind I just said casted smiles 😃 😊

When making the call, I asked Mt friend wife she was like you can get it in Maje (Under Suleja LGA), but not in Suleja town it cost same as almost Abj.....that her cousine cab drive me there (fine babe ooo ) in my mind I was like this one na setup ooo (I know say I no get time for relationship now), I sharply turned it down (I asked my friend he should get me a driver and a hilux ), but off course as a badt guy, he wan walka too. That was how we move with the corolla. Smiles 😃 😊 🙂 the wife was like abeg return my husband today oo

1 Like

Re: My Niger Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 8:15am On Aug 13, 2023
So that was how me moved from Suleja to Maje a 20 mins drive from Suleja.

On my way I remembered that this my friend walka no dey ever straight.....So I better start documenting the trip (so I took the first picture of my trip).

When we got to Maje he was like get down to Lambata (in Gurara LGA), it's just a 10mins more drive 🚗 😐 nothing more (I know say bros wan walka) nothing wey you fit do.

One of the pic shows the AKK pipeline under construction 🏗 a session of it we passed it.

So from Maje we moved towards Lambata, and we passed Izom (cattles Market), luckily for us today's was two market day.

I just said thank you Jesus 😊 journey not in waste. Attached are pictures from our drive to Lamabata

Need to say all this places are in Zone C

Second pic is the entrance of the emir of Suleja Palace and the third is herders on the road.

3 Likes

Re: My Niger Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 8:15am On Aug 13, 2023
After Arriving Lambata we moved to the market on Bida - Minna Bye Pass for what brought us here.

The pic explains the different stages of our journey from arrival of the market to over view of the market.

Once we entered the market, we went to the yams section where bought 5 tubers yams for 2k (for small sizes ), the medium sizes 6pcs for 2.3k and the vary big sizes for 7k for 5pcs

3 Likes

Re: My Niger Experience. by b3llo(m): 8:18am On Aug 13, 2023
Following
Re: My Niger Experience. by illicit(m): 9:02am On Aug 13, 2023
When I saw Niger...

1 Like

Re: My Niger Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 9:02am On Aug 13, 2023
So when I finished buying the yams I bought close to 45tubers for less than 23k

After purchasing the yams, my guy was like guy let's explore the market, this was a market we arrived by 1pm oo.

Someone then called that she needed egusi is should help here check prices so she can can store. That was how the journey began

3 Likes

Re: My Niger Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 9:02am On Aug 13, 2023
So the price of Egusi new one was selling for 500 per mudu or 450 per mudu and each mudu contains 8-9 milk cups for unpeeled while hand Peeled sells for 1400 per mudu and machine Peeled sells for 1200 per mudu

A sack of egusi containing 60 mudus was sold for 28k but I will advice you measure to your own taste though that is how egusi is bought.

1 Like

Re: My Niger Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 9:03am On Aug 13, 2023
From Egusi we move to the Groundnuts session we we experienced the power of Groundnuts

Shelled Groundnuts was being sold for 700 per mudu for standard, while unstandard was being sold for 650 per mudu

While unshelled was sold for 180 per mudu.

1 Like

Re: My Niger Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 9:53am On Aug 13, 2023
From the Groundnuts session we move to the fish section.

I will say fish is a but pricy compared to what we are used to in Maiduguri or what we buy.

Also that fish is also very limited in this market.

3 Likes

Re: My Niger Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 9:55am On Aug 13, 2023
From the fish section we move to the veggies section and other section

The ewedu shown we bought it 100 naira and the attarugu was sold for 15k

The greenish stuff is actually Kuka (Boabab tree) leaves 🍃

3 Likes

Re: My Niger Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 9:59am On Aug 13, 2023
From this we moved to another session of the market where logistics is sorted.

There are vehicles to several parts of Nigeria from this market, or trucks headed to Lagos from this market

1 Like

Re: My Niger Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 10:05am On Aug 13, 2023
After spending 3hrs plus round this market on my feet, it was then time for me to leave me I don tire 🙃

Thouch maize and seasame seeds are a little pricy me asked Maize 750/mudu and Seasame seeds 1600 per mudu

2 Likes

Re: My Niger Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 10:12am On Aug 13, 2023
When I got tired 😫 😩 we got ready to move 😴

From Lambata we moved to Izom though I was very tired, but I managed to take a shot from the moving car

Izom is a market for livestock for anyone willing to buy livestocks cheaper than Abuja prices.

2 Likes

Re: My Niger Experience. by Dyfynezz12(m): 10:19am On Aug 13, 2023
I swear if not for dy insecurity in North,Nigerians for no dy experience hunger
Cox they have enough food that can feed dy country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Niger Experience. by aieromon(m): 11:28am On Aug 13, 2023
Onlinefarmstore:
After Arriving Lambata we moved to the market on Bida - Minna Bye Pass for what brought us here.

The pic explains the different stages of our journey from arrival of the market to over view of the market.

Once we entered the market, we went to the yams section where bought 5 tubers yams for 2k (for small sizes ), the medium sizes 6pcs for 2.3k and the vary big sizes for 7k for 5pcs

Is this the popular Lambata Yam Market?

Why didn't you visit the market in Maje as recommended?
Re: My Niger Experience. by adubam(m): 11:41am On Aug 13, 2023
Onlinefarmstore:

From Lambata we moved to Izom though I was very tired, but I managed to take a shot from the moving car

Izom is a market for livestock for anyone willing to buy livestocks cheaper than Abuja prices.

Boss. I'll like to meet with you anytime you're in Abuja. I need some business idea from you if you don't mind. My office is in central Area. Thanks.
Re: My Niger Experience. by okeysoninv: 2:54pm On Aug 13, 2023
Onlinefarmstore:

how much is cow there
Re: My Niger Experience. by orjibra1: 7:16pm On Aug 13, 2023
lol
Re: My Niger Experience. by Nebes: 7:37pm On Aug 13, 2023
At times I feel like abandoning my career to join this business but I've gone too deep at this time. The traveling alone will do me good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Niger Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 2:50pm On Aug 14, 2023
adubam:

Boss. I'll like to meet with you anytime you're in Abuja. I need some business idea from you if you don't mind. My office is in central Area. Thanks.

M currently in Abuja
Re: My Niger Experience. by Emmex45(m): 5:38pm On Aug 14, 2023
Hello
I am following your threads on NL and I am interested in hustling in agriculture sector
Please do you offer mentorship or course program on the buying food from the cheap area and selling it to another part of the country. I would like to enroll or refer me to another if any. Your reply will mean a lot.
Re: My Niger Experience. by Emmex45(m): 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2023
Please can you summarize the business of buying of foodstuffs and selling it to other part of the country and how much I will cost to start including mentorship/learning, registration, and connection needed.
Re: My Niger Experience. by chaarly(m): 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2023
Yayyy
This mannnnn. Sorry I haven't said hello here since. I saw you at chicken republic some weeks ago in Abj.. lol.

You're doing well man. Thumbs up, safe travels

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Jo'burg Hotels With Airport Shuttle / I Need Help Pls! / Should America Be Bilangual?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.