Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,547 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

My Niger State Experience. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Niger State Experience. (29191 Views)

My Niger Experience. / N470 Million Niger Bridge Collapses In Dangana, Niger State / Twin Brothers Killed In Accident In Minna, Niger State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Niger State Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 5:20am On Aug 06, 2023
Long time NL family, its been a moment.

On the 4th of August, I received a call from someone that she needed a trailer of rice, that her suppliers where expensive for her and she wasn't making profit, before the close of the day I received request for two trailers

With all paying before the close of the day.

The quest for cheaper rice began......I called Gombe, Maiduguri, Kano,Sokoto & Benue, either the quality was poor, or they where expensive till someone mentioned Niger state, specifically Kunwa LGA (forgive the spelling), that's is in Zone B.

The hunt for rice began.

I made plans, to move from Abuja to Niger since I had earlier arrived Abuja for a meeting with someone the trip was agreed for 5th of August (the next day) by 7am.

By 7am the next day, armed with more than .... naira in cash, we began the journey.

The person that was supposed to take me was disappointingly late. Like WTF bro we agreed 7am, and I had called you by 6am to start coming bros.

When he finally arrived I asked what's the duration of the trip, that's was when we where told 6hrs, I was like wtf 😂 🤣 I taught it was a 1hr trip, get in and get out kind of stuff. Mehn! I had to restrategize.......Quickly getting food and water......as the guy arrived 44m late.

I was disappointed 😞 I hate lateness.

(First pictures shows my anger)

When we started the trip we had the option of a hilux or a corolla car. I choose the corolla (wanted to blend in- am going to an unfamiliar terrrin).

We stopped to fuel the car and I spent 42k to fill a corolla I normally fill with 12k before (last year oo).

Infact I snapped the fuel meter to show someone (picture 2).

Follow on Instagram: https://Instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 5:24am On Aug 06, 2023
The journey stated....

From my hotel, we moved to Madalla in Niger state (Pic attached of Zuma rock), then we bypassed Suleja headed to Lambata

One thing you will notice once you crossed into Niger state was the presence of local Mills and standard rice factory. Rice is a big deal here.

Need to say I was working with a budget of 310 to 315 per kg for faro for unmilled

From there (not sure though), but we passed so many places then diverted to Lambata (yams zone), then moved to a place in Gurara LGA where the journey for rice stated.

In Gurara LGA I had the first contact with local women miller's, but their price wasn't comfortable (needed to say I had heard that around Bida Emirate a bag of 85kg unmilled was sold for 24k 23k 22k a bag). So if I should do my conversion it was 300 naira cheaper than gurara lga so that will save me about 6k per bag and in turn 3.6m per truck or 7.2m per 2 truck.

Though their rice was clean and dried.....very goof but price. Attached are pics from the town in Gurara LGA

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Nobody: 5:26am On Aug 06, 2023
Careful ooo, Niger state is a dangerous zone now

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Omihanifa: 5:30am On Aug 06, 2023
Onlinefarmstore:
The journey stated....

From my hotel, we moved to Madalla in Niger state (Pic attached of Zuma rock), then we bypassed Suleja headed to Lambata

One thing you will notice once you crossed into Niger state was the presence of local Mills and standard rice factory. Rice is a big deal here.

Need to say I was working with a budget of 310 to 315 per kg for faro for unmilled

From there (not sure though), but we passed so many places then diverted to Lambata (yams zone),

On this abuja-kaduna expressway there are so many modern rice mill springing up.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Ecos(m): 5:33am On Aug 06, 2023
undecided
Just watch your back

2 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 5:37am On Aug 06, 2023
From Gurara LGA, we moved to a place called Pikorro (forgive the spelling), towards Minna, I was so hungry by now.....the person with me wasn't bordered at all. The food I had with me for no reason I forgot it.

In Pikorro we couldn't get what we where looking for we moved to Minna (I had made some contacts prior to today in Minna),........Disappointingly they where all in Abuja.

One thing you need to note is that once you are travelling and you have an opportunity to eat, please do...

In Minna we ate something (very hot food)...... then I was offered security (I rejected it)..... no be una wan drag attention to.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Niger State Experience. by hammed71(m): 5:37am On Aug 06, 2023
IconicR:
Careful ooo, Niger is a dangerous zone now
he went toNiger state, not the country

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Nobody: 5:39am On Aug 06, 2023
I like how op gives pictures and everything.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Nobody: 5:39am On Aug 06, 2023
hammed71:
he went toNiger state, not the country
Niger state is not safe in recent times. I know what I'm saying

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 5:43am On Aug 06, 2023
From Minna (a friend) offered men from their operations zone I rejected it, and headed to Bida

We passed some towns and we entered Bida (the roads in Niger arr so bad), need to say Niger borders a lots of states inclusive of Kwara.

In Bida I took another 30mins drive to another town in Kunva LGA to look for what what brought me here.

Though in Bida, they grow a lot of items, I passed through the Emirate farms amongst other to get to what I was looking for..

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Curse777: 5:45am On Aug 06, 2023
Intresting thread

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 5:50am On Aug 06, 2023
After getting to my destination (6+ hr ) journey I git the grade of rice I was looking for but was told it has gone up with about 2k per bag.

My connect was like you should have called me (in my mind- oboy you wey your number no dey connect).

But sadly 😥 😔 I couldn't buy rice.....E don finish

They have sold the rice to other people.

God!! I didn't drive all the way here to be told 🙃 😕 rice is finished!!! I wan mad 😠 😡

The stress etc......

What's the fu*ck bros......

I started to enter village not market now to ask for rice.....SMH in anger.

They said there next market day was on Monday I should wait..... the guy said he will give me babes (guyyyyyy) babes dey everywhere na biz carry me come here dude.

Attached are the three grade of rice I was looking for

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 6:04am On Aug 06, 2023
In my mind I was angry, at that point I just wanted to leave that town so we asked for a short cut out of the town (worst mistake)

We where shown a Bush path (with plenty hearders), but that wasn't my issue......No network in the villages on that Bush path (come and see us driving like we carried contraband)......On full speed!!

Just before the road, we where blocked by headers (a trap)......My maiduguri instincts kicked in once..... it was a kidnapp attempt but we came out without been hurt ( once I collected everyone's phone).

I told then that we can't come to Niger and leave without buying anything.

We moved to Agaie (home of Egusi), and Lapai (home of IBB University)........ I was so hungry by now......

Nobody knew where I was......Babe dey call, mama dey call.....I just kuku ma off my phone.

From Agaei we moved to Lambata again

This was already past 5pm in the evening when we got to Lambata, 6 something I checked.....We had passed the Bush path, bad road, and some villagers.....I was so hungry by now.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 06, 2023
Niger state is very massive if I'm not mistaken it should be the biggest in landmass

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 6:10am On Aug 06, 2023
From lambata I bought yams, etc then mandated my guys we move back to Abuja and a friend was kind enough to offer us a hilux of military men for close support and that was how we returned back to Abuja by 9pm......

This is my story of how I went to Niger to be told no rice.....now am booking my trip back to Maiduguri See you.

Follow us on Instagram: https://Instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Nobody: 6:16am On Aug 06, 2023
Onlinefarmstore:
From lambata I bought yams, etc then mandated my guys we move back to Abuja and a friend was kind enough to offer us a hilux of military men for close support and that was how we returned back to Abuja by 9pm......

This is my story of how I went to Niger to be told no rice.....now am booking my trip back to Maiduguri See you.

Follow us on Instagram: https://Instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal
Yam of all varieties is what you'll get in Niger state, our yam supplier is from Niger state , I don t know much about them in regards to production of rice. Safe trip, keep us posted. I like the way you are showing us real life in pictures.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Niger State Experience. by buttlover(m): 6:25am On Aug 06, 2023
Nawa
Re: My Niger State Experience. by pedestal82(m): 6:31am On Aug 06, 2023
First off no LGA called Kuvun in Niger state
Most likely it is Lavun LGA you went to.
You took a lot of risk traveling to Niger state. The Bida axis you took is one of the safest though.
Parts of Gurara is not safe.
But please if anybody tells you he intends to take to Kontagora, Mariga, Magama, Mashegu,Rijau, Rafi, Shiroro, Munya axis. My brother na death trap be that.

90 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Nemesis0147(m): 6:50am On Aug 06, 2023
You traveled with 30m in cash in this country or na me no read well?

19 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 7:05am On Aug 06, 2023
pedestal82:
First off no LGA called Kuvun in Niger state
Most likely it is Lavun LGA you went to.
You took a lot of risk traveling to Niger state. The Bida axis you took is one of the safest though.
Parts of Gurara is not safe.
But please if anybody tells you he intends to take to Kontagora, Mariga, Magama, Mashegu,Rijau, Rafi, Shiroro, Munya axis. My brother na death trap be that.

I go to those places though under heavy security

16 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by WantsandMore: 7:35am On Aug 06, 2023
Nice travels...what an adventure...hope you took contact of those who had the type of rice want?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Niger State Experience. by 22o62021: 8:14am On Aug 06, 2023
Una sure say I no go start that biz

I have family members scattered in north

Kaduna
Minna
Jos
Lafia

They are mostly farmers

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Niger State Experience. by layzie: 1:13pm On Aug 06, 2023
Onlinefarmstore:

I go to those places though under heavy security

Better listen to advice. Abi u no dey hear of the security men wey Dem dey kill for dia?

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Niger State Experience. by chudyprince: 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2023
IconicR:
I like how op gives pictures and everything.

that's why we are soliciting for Seun to start paying content creators on NL like other platforms too

19 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Onlinefarmstore: 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2023
layzie:

Better listen to advice. Abi u no dey hear of the security men wey Dem dey kill for dia?

Local man laughs 😃 😀

5 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by nitt: 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2023
Great topic.

What I have seen here and learnt also from experiences like yours is that there are a thousand and one opportunities for business minded Nigerians across the country.

It is also a fact that the infrastructure is seriously lacking such as efficient communication services, good, accessible roads, logistics issues, proper storage systems, lack of technical know-how, insecurity, safe accommodation during transit and proper awareness on both sides of producers and consumers in growing wealth.

If we had the basic infrastructure and security in place, nobody would be idle in this country because the opportunities abound everywhere in Nigeria.

It's just calls for the political will and men of foresight to explore and tap from Nigeria's potentials and riches.

It's unfortunate that ours is a sad story 😞

36 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by negaiyke: 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2023
Farming Contractors like the op are Silent Millionaires....

There's high risks but good money in Agricultural contractions

Well done op .. Stay Safe too

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Niger State Experience. by yarimo(m): 5:07pm On Aug 06, 2023
IconicR:
Niger state is very massive if I'm not mistaken it should be the biggest in landmass
Bigger than the whole south east

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Niger State Experience. by yarimo(m): 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2023
Nemesis0147:
You traveled with 30m in cash in this country or na me no read well?
Where did you read that from

5 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2023
yarimo:
Bigger than the whole south east

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Large Passenger Turnout At Air Peace Inaugural Flight To Dubai / Lagos Tanker Explosion: 3-Year-Old Boy Declared Missing (Photos) / US Tourist Smashes 2 Vatican Sculptures After Being Denied Visit With The Pope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.