Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century (8108 Views)

Ghana's Currency Slumps To World’s Worst Performer Versus Dollar / Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China / Melania Trump Visits The Great Pyramid And The Sphinx In Egypt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Regex: 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2023
seguno2:

Do you apply this to our democracy, by working to be part of nature balancing things out in our political and governance arena

Well, I am not in Nigeria to participate. One thing for sure is this, she will have to self destruct before being better.

1 Like

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by budaatum: 1:56am On Sep 07, 2023
pansophist:

I think before nigeria gets better, it needs to dump democracy. Democracy won't take us anywhere.

Why wont Democracy take us anywhere?

What would you replace democracy with and where would it take us?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by budaatum: 2:12am On Sep 07, 2023
pansophist:
But sadly, I can say that nigeria is fully in the hands and clutches of the imperialist. The biggest scam evil will play is to pretend it's not there. It's there, and if you have eyes, you can see it.

I do not see that Nigeria is fully in the hands of imperialists. I am assuming imperialists are not Nigerian, do correct me if I am wrong. We Nigerians are far too openeyed than to allow some foreign imperials to take our wealth from us, and we are far too greedy to share.

We passed the Nigerian Enterprises Promotion Decree in 1972 to reduce imperial control of our wealth in fact, and that was after Nigerianisation which began in the 1930s.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Gerrard59(m): 5:17am On Sep 07, 2023
pansophist:

I think before nigeria gets better, it needs to dump democracy. Democracy won't take us anywhere.

Two days ago, I was analysing the rapid development of Asian countries in my head. I concluded that for the same to be replicated in Africa, we need to have countries with homogenous populations either by ethnicity or race with a somewhat benevolent dictatorship or one party dominating the scene enacting policies for the benefit of everyone. I then thought about Ghana and how terrible the economy has become. Obviously, neocolonialism can be said to be one of the factors, but if Ghana cannot use its homogeneity to benefit herself economically, then it says something about sub-Saharan African countries.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Gerrard59(m): 5:23am On Sep 07, 2023
budaatum:

Of all the countries that have developed rapidly, they had one thing in common: one-party systems or years of brutal dictatorship but characterised with economic development. Cultural traits of the racial or ethnic groups play a significant role. Still, for any country to rapidly move from poverty to at least middle-income status, she needs to embrace capitalism and have a party that enacts policies for the betterment of everyone. For these policies to stand the test of time and show results, the party needs to be in power for a long time.

The West had centuries to fine-tune things. That time no dey again.

5 Likes

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Regex: 8:34am On Sep 07, 2023
Gerrard59:

Two days ago, I was analysing the rapid development of Asian countries in my head. I concluded that for the same to be replicated in Africa, we need to have countries with homogenous populations either by ethnicity or race with a somewhat benevolent dictatorship or one party dominating the scene enacting policies for the benefit of everyone. I then thought about Ghana and how terrible the economy has become. Obviously, neocolonialism can be said to be one of the factors, but if Ghana cannot use its homogeneity to benefit herself economically, then it says something about sub-Saharan African countries.

Black man is incapable of ruling himself.
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by budaatum: 10:24am On Sep 07, 2023
Gerrard59:

Of all the countries that have developed rapidly, there had one thing in common: one-party systems or years of brutal dictatorship but characterised with economic development. Cultural traits of the racial or ethnic groups play a significant role. Still, for any country to rapidly move from poverty to at least middle-income status, she needs to embrace capitalism and have a party that enacts policies for the betterment of everyone. For these policies to stand the test of time and show results, the party needs to be in power for a long time.

The West had centuries to fine-tune things. That time no dey again.

We have had our "one party" dictatorships under military rule, and that did not work for us. And nor would I think we are willing to pay the blood price that the likes of Mao and Stalin and Pol Pot demanded, nor are we stupid enough to want to fight the wars and battles to get such people to lead us.

Democracy works for intelligent societies who are capable of organising themselves and planning, and we just are not yet there. Thankfully, democracy is educational too, as it swiftly imposes the consequences of our choices on us so we can see if we chose good or bad and decide which we want in the future. No other form of leader selection gives this opportunity to rechose a few years after a bad choice, and in some instances you'd be stuck for the lifetime of the chosen.

It may seem slow, but evolution is not like a day being a thousand years, so patience is required to work democracy and see it's benefits.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by budaatum: 10:33am On Sep 07, 2023
Regex:

This is like saying black me is incapable of ruling black myself, and was an excuse used by some to keep us in chains working on their farms while our women were impregnated to breed kids for sale.

Pray tell, are you incapable of ruling yourself or are you not "black man"?

Incidentally, similar thinking was what kept Adam enslaved in the tiny Garden of Eden until Eve proved otherwise and freed them from slavery and they went on to be self-employed and populated the earth, we read.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by emmaodet: 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2023
Regex:

grin cheesy

Chaii

Black man don surfer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by seguno2: 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2023
Regex:

Complete racist propaganda and bullshiting.

Were we not governing ourselves before colonialism? Were Europeans incapable of governing themselves when they were fighting wars until 1945

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Gerrard59(m): 1:43pm On Sep 08, 2023
The braggadocio is annoying and ridiculous!

3 Likes

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by LordAdam16: 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2023
China's largest export destination is not the US or the EU anymore. It is the South East Asian (ASEN) bloc of 10 countries.
Last year, China got cracking on the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership, and this year Chinese exports to ASEAN crossed $600B every month.

But but but wE hAvE tO cOnTaIn CHINA!

China is expanding the Singapore model to the entire ASEAN zone. And in time the rest of the population will grow rich enough and be closer to Singapore's level and ultimately become a lucrative market in its own right. A textbook example of a win-win.

As an aside, the G20 accepted AU as its newest permanent member. Many thanks to China's doggedness and India formally putting stakeholders on the spot.

If only Africa had its sh*t together. Billions to be made and we're slacking!

-Lord

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 12:12am On Sep 10, 2023
Gerrard59:
The braggadocio is annoying and ridiculous!

This is basically American exceptionalism in a nutshell.

Another good example is the 1979 Taiwan Relations Act, a domestic US policy with extraterritorial applicability, at least in the eyes of Washington. They relate with Taiwan as a country in actions, even though via words, they never fail to remind the PRC that they support the One-China principle

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 12:23am On Sep 10, 2023
budaatum:

https://qr.ae/pydBbJ

A very brilliant read, please check it out.

Such a political system as implied by the write-up will take us to the promised land. Dont know what it would be called, but the write-up offers a clue.

1 Like

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 12:34am On Sep 10, 2023
budaatum:

I do not see that Nigeria is fully in the hands of imperialists. I am assuming imperialists are not Nigerian, do correct me if I am wrong. We Nigerians are far too openeyed than to allow some foreign imperials to take our wealth from us, and we are far too greedy to share.

We passed the Nigerian Enterprises Promotion Decree in 1972 to reduce imperial control of our wealth in fact, and that was after Nigerianisation which began in the 1930s.

If the West wants to deal with us today, we have no defense against it.

There is a reason why during every election circle, the presidential candidates will go to Chatham House in London. There is more that meets the eyes than the usual speech they give.

In terms of sovereignty, Nigeria is only sovereign by the book, not by fact. Nigeria is the least of the worries of US hegemony. Recently, Tinubu was the only one invited by Biden for some democracy summit or so.

To the untrained mind, that is an invitation of honor, but for the exposed mind, is just a master summoning his most faithful puppet, to fool others into being subservient so they can be treated as such.

From Ramaphosa to Malema, which Nigerian politicians are that vocal concerning Western hegemony? they are all silent. Why should Nigeria be doing the dirty work of the West, as seen in Niger?

Buhari is chilling in London right now, and Tinubu will always go there for his medical checkup. Does all this seem to you like a country that is sovereign?

We are not even refining our own oil, or manufacturing our own weapons. Nigeria is just existing.

A life where your existence can be obliterated anytime is not independence, you just havent crossed someone's redline yet.

If the devil doesn't bother about you, then it means you are under its palm. But only the good man, and in the context, the sovereign nation the hegemon will have trouble with and will sanction, and will want to destroy.

it's not Nigeria, it's Russia, China, NK, Iran, or maybe Ethiopia as well.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Stoplying: 12:51am On Sep 10, 2023
pansophist:

Recently, Tinubu was the only one invited by Biden for some democracy summit or so.

To the untrained mind, that is an invitation of honor, but for the exposed mind, is just a master summoning his most faithful puppet, to fool others into being subservient so they can be treated as such.

The fact some Nigerians are taking pride in the Nigerian president being the only African President invited by the USA president says a lot about the mentality of some Nigerians: they don't feel that they are legitimate human beings, they look up to Americans and Europeans to validate them, that is no different from a slave who worships his master. Some Nigerians are no different from slaves. If you ask them how Biden would feel if he were the only western president invited by the Nigerian president, they would look at you as if you were mentally ill.
The slave mentality of some Nigerians goes very deep into their mind.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by RikudoSennin: 1:39am On Sep 10, 2023
pansophist:

Such a political system as implied by the write-up will take us to the promised land. Dont know what it would be called, but the write-up offers a clue.

Thank you for the link. I just read that brilliant piece. For any political system to spring up to take us to the promised Land, China/Russia has to defeat the wall of Jericho. Only then, can we thrive.
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Gerrard59(m): 3:59am On Sep 10, 2023
LordAdam16:
China's largest export destination is not the US or the EU anymore. It is the South East Asian (ASEN) bloc of 10 countries.
Last year, China got cracking on the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership, and this year Chinese exports to ASEAN crossed $600B every month.

China is expanding the Singapore model to the entire ASEAN zone. And in time the rest of the population will grow rich enough and be closer to Singapore's level and ultimately become a lucrative market in its own right. A textbook example of a win-win.

As an aside, the G20 accepted AU as its newest permanent member. Many thanks to China's doggedness and India formally putting stakeholders on the spot.

-Lord

I thought the AU acceptance was the West trying to appease Africans. So na India and China do am? shocked

About the bold, I won't lie, one of the reasons I opted for Japan instead of the West for grad studies and eventual residence is because the world's economy is shifting east. I recall an American investor, Jim Rogers, saying in the 19th Century, one had to be in London. In the 20th Century, one had to be in New York. In the 21st Century, one has to be in either China and/or India.

East and Southern Africa stand the most to benefit due to geography. We just have to be pragmatic. My fear is the US egging on some countries to either be overly belligerent towards China or instigate a war in the region. A war would set the region backwards and reduce their populations. Their leaders, especially those in South East Asia, Japan and South Korea, have to be very pragmatic. They have more to lose than China.

6 Likes

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by emmaodet: 7:15am On Sep 10, 2023
LordAdam16:

-Lord

You see....this is the advantage of a multipolar world.
it creates competition among the big boys to improve the lower countries.
The lower countries will enjoy the option of picking who they like and want to work with.
Monopoly anywhere in the world is bad.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by LordAdam16: 11:01am On Sep 10, 2023
Gerrard59:

I thought the AU acceptance was the West trying to appease Africans. So na India and China do am? shocked

China had been pushing for it. The West feigned deafness.

Africa's pragmatic neutrality in the War and the BRICS+ becoming a more formidable counterweight turned the tides.

Using their privilege of hosting, India sent a formal communique to every G20 member. No more hiding behind lack of consensus. Go on the record and pick a ballot--accept or reject. Then deal with the fallout when every BRICS+ member votes to accept the AU and the so-called champions of "liberty" and "inclusiveness" vote to reject.

About the bold, I won't lie, one of the reasons I opted for Japan instead of the West for grad studies and eventual residence is because the world's economy is shifting east. I recall an American investor, Jim Rogers, saying in the 19th Century, one had to be in London. In the 20th Century, one had to be in New York. In the 21st Century, one has to be in either China and/or India.

East and Southern Africa stand the most to benefit due to geography. We just have to be pragmatic. My fear is the US egging on some countries to either be overly belligerent towards China or instigate a war in the region. A war would set the region backwards and reduce their populations. Their leaders, especially those in South East Asia, Japan and South Korea, have to be very pragmatic. They have more to lose than China.

Spot on, especially on the Jim Rogers inspired stance.

About the West instigating a hot conflict, China is not particularly blameless. They've been tempting India, slowly encroaching and seizing Indian borderlands. Then the unilateral extension of their maritime boundary in contested waters.

From their viewpoint, they have no natural allies, so offense is the best form of defense. If neighbors are on a backfoot, they wouldn't get uppity.

Nonetheless, I do not see a hot war breaking out in Asia. Never say never, but China knows to straddle the red lines without pushing past it. I do see an intense build up of military capabilities though. The West will cash out from this development.

This is Asia's century. We're all just side characters.

-Lord

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by LordAdam16: 11:21am On Sep 10, 2023
emmaodet:

You see....this is the advantage of a multipolar world.[b][/b]
The lower countries will enjoy the option of picking who they like and want to work with.

Swears!

Just yesterday, the US, UAE, Saudi Arabia, the EU, and India unveiled a massive intercontinental project to counter China's One Belt, One Road initiative.

While in South-Central Africa, China lit the fuse for Africa's first transAfrican rail network connecting coast to coast. The expanded Lobito corridor will connect the Lobito Port in Angola and the Dar es Salaam Port in Tanzania (image attached).

The Americans and Europeans are only concerned about the Angola, DRC, and Zambia section but at least they're putting their money where their mouth is. The US DFC will be investing $250M in the project, their first financing of rail infrastructure in Africa.

China is making them loosen their purse strings. And we'd all enjoy the dividends.

-Lord

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 12:09pm On Sep 10, 2023
RikudoSennin:

Thank you for the link. I just read that brilliant piece. For any political system to spring up to take us to the promised Land, China/Russia has to defeat the wall of Jericho. Only then, can we thrive.

Imagine all that is happening within a year in these geopolitical chessboard since Russia's invasion of Ukraine, a date which history will mark as the birth of multipolarism.

Now imagine what will happen in the next five, ten and twenty years.

If the coup in Niger happened maybe five years ago, the France will intervene militarily, just as the French army killed dozens of protestors in Ivory Coast few years ago.

The international political climate is very unwestern right now, and being customarily aggressive will fasten their demise. On one hand, you can criticize Russia invasion of Ukraine, and invading another country.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 12:12pm On Sep 10, 2023
emmaodet:

You see....this is the advantage of a multipolar world.

Yes.

Part of the reason Taiwan and Hongkong became wealthy was because the West wanted to permanently cut it off from China, and most importantly, to prove that communism doesn't work.

All they did was just to help China develop the region, and China got it back when it has become really strong. Because in the real sense of geopolitics, it's your strength that matters not whether you're right or wrong.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2023
Stoplying:

The fact some Nigerians are taking pride in the Nigerian president being the only African President invited by the USA president says a lot about the mentality of some Nigerians: they don't feel that they are legitimate human beings, they look up to Americans and Europeans to validate them, that is no different from a slave who worships his master. Some Nigerians are no different from slaves. If you ask them how Biden would feel if he were the only western president invited by the Nigerian president, they would look at you as if you were mentally ill.
The slave mentality of some Nigerians goes very deep into their mind.

It's the way of the powerless. Especially when it's the only reality they know. Powerless people derive power by praising the powerful. Like a Lagos tout to a chief.

When people have been downtrodden for so long, such behaviors are symptoms to that effect. It won't change unless Africa changes. Biden is even too far, look at the behaviors of the populace to the rulers that impoverish them.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by emmaodet: 12:29pm On Sep 10, 2023
China was happily buying US chips and developing at their own pace. Trump/Biden came along and screwed up China. China responded with their own technology and now Trump/Biden are screwed.”

They reaped what they've sown and more will come.
At the meeting on the 17th the CEOs of the three major U.S chip Giants Intel Qualcomm and Nvidia told U.S officials such as blinken and Sullivan that this move (restrictions on China) would harm their ability to do business in China.

Pat Gelsinger (Intel) spoke frankly and said that further restrictions on Intel's business in China would jeopardize a key policy of the Biden Administration to bring chip production back to the US.

He warned that without orders from Chinese customers the necessity of Intel's plans to build factories and other projects in Ohio would be greatly reduced if restrictions on chip exports to China are not eased, who will the U.S chip industry sell to if chips have nowhere to go.

Intel expects to pause its multi-billion dollar chip factory projects in the U.S. In January last year Intel announced plans to build two new chip factories outside Columbus Ohio with a planned investment of at least 20 billion dollars to expand its chip manufacturing business.

Once completed this will become the world's largest chip manufacturing base. Jensen Juan the founder and CEO of Nvidia present at the meeting also said that restricting Nvidia's chip sales in China would only provide opportunities for other brands.

Juan has pointed out that China accounts for about one-third of the U.S technology Industries market and its position as a source of semiconductor components and a market for end products makes it Irreplaceable

https://chinaworldleader.quora.com/China-was-happily-buying-US-chips-and-developing-at-their-own-pace-Trump-Biden-came-along-and-screwed-up-China-China https://chinaworldleader.quora.com/China-was-happily-buying-US-chips-and-developing-at-their-own-pace-Trump-Biden-came-along-and-screwed-up-China-China?ch=15&oid=121974610&share=6483ff03&srid=AuoJI&target_type=post

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by emmaodet: 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2023
LordAdam16:

Swears!

Just yesterday, the US, UAE, Saudi Arabia, the EU, and India unveiled a massive intercontinental project to counter China's One Belt, One Road initiative.

While in South-Central Africa, China lit the fuse for Africa's first transAfrican rail network connecting coast to coast. The expanded Lobito corridor will connect the Lobito Port in Angola and the Dar es Salaam Port in Tanzania (image attached).

The Americans and Europeans are only concerned about the Angola, DRC, and Zambia section but at least they're putting their money where their mouth is. The US DFC will be investing $250M in the project, their first financing of rail infrastructure in Africa.

China is making them loosen their purse strings. And we'd all enjoy the dividends.

-Lord

Exactly bro.

The era of parasitism is going and we will be seeing now is more of symbiosis relationship where both parties benefits from each other.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Gerrard59(m): 6:08am On Sep 11, 2023
LordAdam16:

Swears!

-Lord

Honestly, I am delighted and happy for China's growth. Ever since the war, Ndi Inclusion have offered to invest in regions hitherto which they never did. 45BN euros in South America, Trans-India-ME-EU railway, now this. Plus the plenty of offers they have made towards South East Asia. However, unlike what they or others might think, China is not jealous. More competitors are what the Chinese like. I won't be surprised if Chinese companies will use that rail route more than Western firms.

One wonders why all these favours, incentives and investments from the West now? Why not since, after all, they had overwhelming power and money? They have finally realised that if they don't invest, the Chinese would. Now, I see the sense behind that Chinese academic who said Western nations disliked China for attempting to develop and invest in Africa.

Thank God for China o, and God bless them, even though dem no be Christians or believers in any religion. grin

Special thanks to Pansophist. Before and during the war, I read his posts which titled my reasoning and made me read wider and from diverse sources. Let's see how everything goes.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by MrPansophist: 2:02pm On Sep 11, 2023
LordAdam16:

Swears!

-Lord

Until the US invests that money, I won't trust, believe, or even read any meaning into it. This is not the first time a counter to China BRI has emerged.

China's support to Africa is consistent, benevolent, well-intended, and enduring. The Tazara railway which spans about 2000KM, between Zambia and Tanzania is solid proof of Chinese commitment to Africa.

The work involved moving 330,000 tons of rail and 89 million cubic meters of earth and rock, and the construction of 93 stations, 320 bridges, 22 tunnels, and 2,225 culverts. Virtually all building materials, equipment, and significant amounts of food and medical supplies were shipped from China.[46] Braving rain, sun, and wind, the workers laid the track through some of Africa's wildest and most rugged landscapes. One Chinese worker recalled that his team was trapped in the wilderness for a week after floods and landslides washed away the only connecting road.[46] "We lived in fear of lions and hyenas." Over 160 workers, including 64 Chinese nationals, died in construction accidents.

From wikipedia about the Tazara railways

From "Blue dot network" to ´´Partnership for Global Infrastructure and Investment´´, to ´´Build Back Better World´´, these are Western responses to China's BRI, with promises of Trillions of dollars to the underdeveloped world, but not a single brick has been laid.

I have seen so much nonsense from Western leaders, their words are meaningless unless I see actions on the ground. Besides, why do they have to do good just to counter China?

Also, it is a traditional policy of China's foreign minister to visit Africa first every year, before other places. Do your research, you will find out that the Chinese foreign minister must land in Africa first, before going anywhere.

That is the extent of China's commitment to Africa. In a world where the US has the whole West as its friend, China wants the whole of Africa as its friend. It is a really smart move.

So, bros, I am watching and I hope these hypocritical Westerners prove me wrong. I want to see them build a single track of railways in Africa, not empty promises with USD that can be printed. The presumption of goodwill for the West is gone. One would be stupid to have it, following their track record.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by MrPansophist: 11:58pm On Sep 11, 2023
Gerrard59:

Honestly, I am delighted and happy for China's growth. Ever since the war, Ndi Inclusion have offered to invest in regions hitherto which they never did. 45BN euros in South America, Trans-India-ME-EU railway, now this. Plus the plenty of offers they have made towards South East Asia. However, unlike what they or others might think, China is not jealous. More competitors are what the Chinese like. I won't be surprised if Chinese companies will use that rail route more than Western firms.

One wonders why all these favours, incentives and investments from the West now? Why not since, after all, they had overwhelming power and money? They have finally realised that if they don't invest, the Chinese would. Now, I see the sense behind that Chinese academic who said Western nations disliked China for attempting to develop and invest in Africa.

Thank God for China o, and God bless them, even though dem no be Christians or believers in any religion. grin

Special thanks to Pansophist. Before and during the war, I read his posts which titled my reasoning and made me read wider and from diverse sources. Let's see how everything goes.

Make we bet am? These Westerners will not build anything.

It's all hogwash, to fool the foolable. Please read about what I wrote in the preceding comment. This is not the first time such a proposal was made. First was ´´Blue Dot Network´´, then ´´Partnership for Global Infrastructure and Investment´´ and ´´build Back Better World ¨

Each initiative has a Wikipedia page of its own, but not a single nail, brick, cement, foundation, or funds allocated. It's all hogwash, I repeat. grin

Meanwhile, Chinese investments have taken off already. I have seen many Chinese BRI projects when I traveled around Africa. I use it, I enjoy it, and I love it. There is no Western equivalence. None. zilch. Nothing.

All the three initiatives that the media labeled as ´´game-changing´´,´´ confronting authoritarianism´´, and ´´democratic alternative´´, are all arrant nonsense. The hope was timing, to deviate and make leaders dump the BRI and make commitments to theirs.

Don't dance yet, let them lay a brick first, then I will take this imperialist seriously.

See as China exposes their yansh. They can't hide. Democratic lectures don't work anymore. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Lordsagna: 6:04pm On Sep 13, 2023
pansophist:
For geopolitical pundits, this is a discourse board for international political trends, the struggle for influence between the great powers of the East and the West, and how the global communities are aligning themselves with these emerging geopolitical realities.

Feel free to post your observations, predictions, and knowledge concerning the aforementioned topic.

Good evening sir, please recommend Frederick Nietzsche books...saw a post where you mentioned him. I really have interest in his philosophy book .
I'll be glad if you can sir.
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by budaatum: 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2023
pansophist:

First, I did not see any political system in the write-up. I did see something that reminds me of the link in my signature however, so in that sense, the pipe dream of a promise land is shared.

A unity that transcends overwhelming differences in civilizations, religions, languages, nationalities, ethnicities, identities, cultures, economic levels, social norms. A unity that renders all of these differences irrelevant and trivial. A unity that the vast majority of humanity does not realize.
My Orolu Kingdom of Ifon Osun and our neighbour Ilobu, are in the constant disunity of killing each other over land. Here on NL we'd kill each other over our disunities of tribe and religion and gender and Obi etc etc if we could just find the juju that overcomes the internet being a barrier to killing, so I can't exactly hope for pie in the sky realisation by the vast majority of the humanity myself, though I do live in hope.

Let us start small by just you and I practicing unity. Let's see how far we go.

Why are we dominated by the 40–something greys?
I'm getting tired of answering this but here goes.

Nations of people who eat the fruits of knowledge will alway dominate those who think fruits of knowledge would kill them. Nations of people who eat the least fruits of knowledge will always be slaves to those who eat more fruits of knowledge.

Anecdotally, there are 3,667 free public libraries (including mobile libraries) in the UK. London has 325 public libraries. Lewisham, my home borough has 7, one is a telephone booth. My Orolu Kingdom of Ifon Osun has one. Its been closed since covid. Thankfully, there's the internet.

This is besides the universality of English and the dependence of our lives on US–owned corporations (Apple, Google, Amazon, “Hollywood,” etc.).
The "universality of English" is due to its evolution as a versatile easily learnt and heavily propagated communication system. You just trying replying in your own native language and you'd find how much better you'd do it with English.

Besides, "a unity that transcends overwhelming differences in civilizations, religions, languages.....", will need a universal language, and it's not as if we are all going to abandon English and adopt Chinese or Arabic or Yoruba any time soon.

As for the "Apple, Google, Amazon, Hollywood", I repeat, "Nations of people who eat the fruits of knowledge will alway dominate those who think fruits of knowledge would kill them". Note that none of the companies listed dominate China and India, and in China, English does not dominate.

Sorry Pansophist. If you'd stated what was brilliant about it I'm certain my unity to yours would be more. As it stands however, humanity seems far too diverse for unity, and nor would I consider unity a good thing (though I'm certain I completely missed the point being made).

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Here's Who Would Win If Russia, China, And America All Went To War Right Now / VIDEO:Niger Ex-Finance Minister Cries After Told To Explain Missing Money Or Die / BREAKING: West Africa bloc, ECOWAS lifts post-coup sanctions against Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.