Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. (35739 Views)

I Married Her A Virgin But Now This Is Happening / I Married My Daughter, Fathered Two Kids With Her, While My Dad Married Her Mum / I Married Into The Wrong Family.. (true Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by marsoden: 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2023
This same story again? How many times will this hit the front page in less than 2 weeks?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by Letpray4BAT: 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2023
If you truly love him you won't allow your parent to exort him you will fight for him angry
Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by SeeItSayIt: 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2023
Quickly report the missing man to NPF
Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by Hier(m): 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

*From a concerned lady*👇‼️

My husband is not the same man I fell in love with.

My husband changed totally after wedding day, in fact, it started on the wedding night and its giving me a lot of concern.

It's not that he is not talking to me or we are fighting, but he is not the cheerful happy person anymore.

After months of trying to get what the problem is, he finally opened up to me and I don't know what my fault is, I think he is overreacting.

My husband works in an insurance company and he is just a junior staff, he earns 150k per month, so he is not doing that bad.

When we wanted to get married, my dad wrote the wedding list and everything he would bring, when he saw them, he fumed that they were too much and they should reduce it but my dad insisted that he won't collect it twice, I also told him if he really loves me, he would provide them, he could get help from his family too, it is called bride price and other things, and it is once.

We had little issue then but he later resolved it.

He brought everything they asked for.

During the wedding, my parents told him to buy a cow, rent a hall and decorate it then they'll take care of other things. He said he didn't have money for a big hall and he would prefer a field ground but my dad insisted that rain could disrupt things and he has many people coming.

That almost cause issues too, I had to support him with 50k to get the hall because I know who my dad is, he won't back out.

I didn't know how he did it, he took the hall and designed it, he bought cow too.

His family brought food and everything went fine and that was it.

I don't know what was keeping him moody until he spoke up.

He said I couldn't fight for him, I was there supporting my parents and watch them extorting him, did I even know he had to collect loan to pay for those things?

I got angry because he used the word 'extorting'.

He was the one that wanted to have my hand in marriage and if he cherish me, he should do all they wanted since he is not paying twice.

After I said this, he stopped talking in the house, he comes home, eat and go to bed.

I tried talking to him but he would listen but not talk, he is cold to himself and prefer his privacy.

Have I said something wrong?

I don't like whats happening. My marriage is too young to be going through all these.

I am tired, I don't know what to do.

Advise this lady

The problem is, he left you since you guys started billing him, he loves you but sees your family as wicked

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by olisefom: 1:32pm On Aug 14, 2023
The wedding Bill weighed on him. Nigerians don't learn.

Typical daft Nigerian lady mentality. So because he was the one that wanted your hand in marriage he should go over what he could afford. This mindset have sank many young couples for life.

In this situation, they need a miracle to even continue as couples as time progresses.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2023
He could have walked away like adult, not getting brow beat into spending an arm and a leg about his means to get married and then sulk like a teenager.

The guy needs to grow up. Go to your father-in-law and demand for some reimbursement
Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by BoldBrainz(m): 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2023
Then go and look for your real husband and leave us alone !

Dollar is approaching 1K. Fuel is about to cross 700naira per liter. The least of our worries has to be your stupid husband who has forgotten the road to his proper home.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by illicit(m): 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2023
He felt that way because what he got isn't what he ordered for at such exorbitant price

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by Jewessgratitud3: 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2023
Jecci:
Who needs your notice. Like it pays my bills or what.

Thought with age comes reasoning but sadly I can't say the same for you.

Just because I didn't reason in your line of thoughts doesn't make my opinion null and void. We all must not reason like a cheap slut ( like you with no value) who goes with poly bag to a man's house after a can of malt and gala treat.

Receive sense and learn to make your points without attacking any submission that doesn't support your warped mentality.

Cheap article. We know una.
Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by layzie: 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2023
What broke the camel's back for me is this statement from our madam

'you are the one that wanted my hand in marriage, and if u cherished me, u would do all they wanted since u re not paying twice'

Chai. Men they see things sha.

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2023
Anfieldboss:

Age is truly not a measure of maturity. I'm beyond shocked that a woman in her forties can reason this way.

Marriage is meant to be a partnership. A woman coming into a man's life is supposed to be a helpmate to him. That is making his life better in all ramifications.

Heck if the lady in question is not able to support her fiancé (now hubby) financially in the wedding expenses, at least she should be able to make her family see reasons on making things easy for him by doing a low key wedding ceremony. Sensible and reasonable ladies do this all the time, a father wields a very strong influence in his daughter's traditional marriage, it is what he says, that happens. So, the onus lies on the lady to make her father see reasons why she and her fiancé who are just about to start their lives should not be stressed.

For the records, a man earning 100k can get married if he marries a woman who is an helpmate. If the lady is earning at least 70k, they can plan themselves, highest they would not have a child immediately until their combine income increases.

Women should know that a man is not looking for burden, but a partner to help and improve his life.
Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by uuzba(m): 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Guys, marriage is not chere wereh. Be financially prepared when planning a wedding and stop making the woman feel bad at the end of the day like she caused your downfall.

You are the one who went for her hand in marriage so you should be very ready on all levels to go through with it and provide all that is required in the list and for the ceremony. This why I said some time ago that a guy earning 100k can not get married and many came for me. You will end up borrowing at one point or the other.

Why he's ignoring the lady in the new marriage now is what I don't get. Dem force am? Biko kwa. Make una dey hold enough before talking about marriage and wedding ceremony.
Wedding and Reception is one day.
Marriage is for the remaining years.
But you people want to finish all the money in one day's event.
-
All you people that like to eat big rice and meat at the wedding should carry your food there and eat. The man has already said he don't have money. Do you want to kill him?

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by Emmanuel30a: 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

My husband changed totally after wedding day, in fact, it started on the wedding night and its giving me a lot of concern.

It's not that he is not talking to me or we are fighting, but he is not the cheerful happy person anymore.

After months of trying to get what the problem is, he finally opened up to me and I don't know what my fault is, I think he is overreacting.

My husband works in an insurance company and he is just a junior staff, he earns 150k per month, so he is not doing that bad.

When we wanted to get married, my dad wrote the wedding list and everything he would bring, when he saw them, he fumed that they were too much and they should reduce it but my dad insisted that he won't collect it twice, I also told him if he really loves me, he would provide them, he could get help from his family too, it is called bride price and other things, and it is once.

During the wedding, my parents told him to buy a cow, rent a hall and decorate it then they'll take care of other things. He said he didn't have money for a big hall and he would prefer a field ground but my dad insisted that rain could disrupt things and he has many people coming.

That almost cause issues too, I had to support him with 50k to get the hall because I know who my dad is, he won't back out.

I didn't know how he did it, he took the hall and designed it, he bought cow too.

He said I couldn't fight for him, I was there supporting my parents and watch them extorting him, did I even know he had to collect loan to pay for those things?

He was the one that wanted to have my hand in marriage and if he cherish me, he should do all they wanted since he is not paying twice.

After I said this, he stopped talking in the house, he comes home, eat and go to bed.

I tried talking to him but he would listen but not talk, he is cold to himself and prefer his privacy.

I don't like whats happening. My marriage is too young to be going through all these.

Advise this lady
Mumu mugu imun gun...
Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by Smoothtalkerfnb: 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
The worst thing to happen to a man is to marry from a greedy family...

You where asking him if he truly love you
Just imagine.,’ and you contributed 50k well you try . But your parents are greedy.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by BabaOfLagos: 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by sotall(m): 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
Same story that made Frontpage the other day?
Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by Sharpsharp00123: 1:40pm On Aug 14, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Mr maturity, if them born you well, try go marry a woman earning 70k with 100k salary, body go tell you. It is people like you that use your sentiments to override logical reasoning and reality, then end up in a huge mess.

As s a single lady, I'm earning way above 100k with other side hustles that brings money and I know how it feels to survive on such income in a month not to talk of earning that as a couple.

You talk as if you can control birth when it's infact, younger generations like you that don't know the a-z of family planning and will immediately start birthing children like rats.

Abeg, try another line cos if na my age you want take shame me, you don fail. Me no give a hoot cos last I checked, I look and feel 20 years younger than you and the so called age.

Try again. tongue
set awon nairaland billionaire

50 billion is not enough for marriage

I pity people who take someone like u serious

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by tonicyril: 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Guys, marriage is not chere wereh. Be financially prepared when planning a wedding and stop making the woman feel bad at the end of the day like she caused your downfall.

You are the one who went for her hand in marriage so you should be very ready on all levels to go through with it and provide all that is required in the list and for the ceremony. This why I said some time ago that a guy earning 100k can not get married and many came for me. You will end up borrowing at one point or the other.

Why he's ignoring the lady in the new marriage now is what I don't get. Dem force am? Biko kwa. Make una dey hold enough before talking about marriage and wedding ceremony.
Stop talking nonsense, maybe u should warn ur bride's family to stop extorting a young man in the name marriage.

By fhe way, I tot this nonsense has graced FP weeks ago. Why from another person again

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by Skillsnigeria: 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
Hmmm
Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by Slurity(m): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Advise this lady
The only problem here is that the lady is not different from her dad. Yes he will feel extorted but he should be able to forgive. Parent has to be sensitive when it comes to things like this. It is not the money collected or spent on the marriage that is paining the man but the manner of approach and the negative energy behind the actions , body language that where not even obvious to the woman except the victim.
Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by mclloyd22: 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
Baba probably budgeted him self as a 150k bread winner but her understanding wife couldn’t convince or persuade her family to play nice and finally pushed him beyond limits. Reasoning don full baba head.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by 3gpvids: 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
Ok
Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by bdon123(m): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Nonsense talk.the lady is an idiot.Some stupid girls are like that,they put their family 1st before hubby.if am marrying u ,n u nt ready to get pregnant for me before marriage if necessary...jst to be my wife ,then u dont value me.that talk of u only do it once is stupid....she sounds as stupid as her fada

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by abdullahi45: 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Advise this lady

A wedding lasts a day, but a marriage lasts a lifetime. Just because he won't do the wedding twice doesn't mean you should burden the poor guy with ridiculous expenses.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by juman(m): 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2023
Easy.
She should agree with him that he was extorted and apologize to him
Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by Emmanuel30a: 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Then go and look for your real husband and leave us alone !

Dollar is approaching 1K. Fuel is about to cross 700naira per liter. The least of our worries has to be your stupid husband who has forgotten the road to his proper home.
grin
Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by gbolswag(m): 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2023
Your greedy father was the problem....but your husband should just forget and move on
Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by Lovenorth: 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2023
You are not also what he married
Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by Jecci(f): 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2023
So a man going empty and still owing credit ontop just to marry is your definition of one having value.

Cheap article you called me lol... maybe you should stop projecting your inner self on me okay.

Jewessgratitud3:

Just because I didn't reason in your line of thoughts doesn't make my opinion null and void. We all must not reason like a cheap slut ( like you with no value) who goes with poly bag to a man's house after a can of malt and gala treat.

Receive sense and learn to make your points without attacking any submission that doesn't support your warped mentality.

Cheap article. We know una.

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by Jewessgratitud3: 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2023
Slurity:
The only problem here is that the lady is not different from her dad. Yes he will feel extorted but he should be able to forgive. Parent has to be sensitive when it comes to things like this. It is not the money collected or spent on the marriage that is paining the man but the manner of approach and the negative energy behind the actions , body language that where not even obvious to the woman except the victim.

Didn't you read where the lady said she supported him with some money to get the things needed for her own wedding?

Haba, make una dey try read in full and not in part before judging. It's not her fault.
Re: My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. by orion7: 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

you better apologise to him.

If I’m your husband I’ll take it your parents sold you to me. And I’ll not welcome them in my house

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Don't Kill Yourself If Your Wife Is Sleeping Around..... / I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. / Maid Pours Her Urine In Her Boss Juice (Video, Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.