Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. (56903 Views)

Swiss Woman Married To Anambra Guy, Compares Nigeria To Zurich- Pics / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by mercysamuelson(m): 6:26pm On Aug 16, 2023
LegendHero

Lol, the lady did some delusional tactics well. Most of the things she stated there are lies for USA or she probably live in the extreme suburb where she has to take 2hours ride to get to the nearest city.

—Consistent internet which will give Wi-Fi for a home for instance should be within $60-$100 monthly. Your phone bill could be $30, but it’s not gonna power most of your household gadgets and etc coz that $30 won’t be on an unlimited data plan.

—How can 2bed rent be $9600 per year? Does she mean in Houston for example, you’ll get a 2bed apartment for $800? She’s probably hallucinating.

In ATL for example, house rent in the city area for that 2 bed are usually within $1500-2500 per month. On top of that, you pay Light bill, gas bill, and the apartment monthly charges on sewage and common area if you live in an Apt complex. That could be additional $250 on it.

If it’s now mortgage, no way in hell will you get that monthly payment.

On average, in a city, you’ll pay nothing less than $18k yearly and that’s even being conservative. It could go up to $28k in total for most cities.

—I agree with her groceries of $700 monthly. That still make sense if you’re only spending on food.

However, to go out to a restaurant for 2 people, you spend nothing less than $80-100 in one sitting especially for Nigerian food restaurants. To the lounge, you spend nothing less than $100-$150 if you factor hookah and drinks for 2 people.

Except if you be get inside person will you even spend that monthly. Coz me I count jollification with food price

This lady ehnn, my rent is currently $2500 monthly in California. 3 rooms, 2 family room, 2 toilets and a garage and a swimming pool included.
For gas, it's $140 for 2 weeks driving. Foods are cheap though if you're the type that loves cooking but I end up spending $80+ if I want something from McDonald and other fast foods.
It's just a decision depending on how much you're paid at work and how comfortable you want to be.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Procashtips(m): 6:28pm On Aug 16, 2023
₦70k monthly for Internet in Nigeria?

Is her head correct?

Are you subbing for a company or personal usage?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by spartachico(m): 6:29pm On Aug 16, 2023
This information is useless
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by EngGandalf: 6:30pm On Aug 16, 2023
UnfairLife7:
America is heaven compare to your shithole. Your country is no where to be found amongst countries with reasonable minimum wage in Africa. Your country top the ladder of unemployment in the world. Most graduates in your country are either jobless or Yahoo Yahoo. An average Nigerians cannot even feed anymore. Your Emilokan has increased poverty and unemployment from where Buhari left it.
Alaye u Still capping……any American will complain about America , just the way you’re complaining about Nigeria… even Jesus fed 5000 hungry and homeless people … why Jesus no put stop to hunger and homelessness during his time. U think say e easy. GTFOH! the world don dey in chaos since before Jesus sef.. No b govt create us
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by quickly: 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:
You know the most underrated advantage of living abroad is their swift medical treatment and care

Do you know that Sam Okparaji died at Surulere football stadium because ambulance no gree start

Does this lady know how many Nigerians that has lost their lives because NEPA took light during surgical procedures

Do you know how many lives that has wasted in Nigeria to negligence and poor facilities?

Do you know I know someone that lost a mom because of 10k balance before treatments?

This is a free health insurance you get abroad for free

Let’s not even talk of minimum wage, basic amunities, security, standard of living and the rest

Omo I’m very sure Nigeria is the forbidden country God told Abraham

Free health insurance in Europe not in the US.

Stop spreading false news

Where u want see 9600 per annum rent even in US village maybe u are talking on 2010 not 2023.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Throwback: 6:33pm On Aug 16, 2023
I reckon her tank of gas is 10ltrs for it to cost $45 to fill up.

Modified:
The OP is indeed right or very close to right as the price chart attached show the price per gallon.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by UnfairLife7(m): 6:33pm On Aug 16, 2023
EngGandalf:

Alaye u Still capping……any American will complain about America , just the way you’re complaining about Nigeria… even Jesus fed 5000 hungry and homeless people … why Jesus no put stop to hunger and homelessness during his time. U think say e easy. GTFOH! the world don dey in chaos since before Jesus sef.. No b govt create us
keep defending your oppressors who has stolen your future and that of your unborn kids. Keep it up
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by chatinent: 6:34pm On Aug 16, 2023
And the sad thing is that most legal jobs in Nigeria make you poorer.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by EngGandalf: 6:35pm On Aug 16, 2023
UnfairLife7:
keep defending your oppressors who has stolen your future and that of your unborn kids. Keep it up
Alaye I’m not defending anybody. I’m simply telling you this is our reality and where life is for Nigeria at present.. You go leave am. Other people go come wail .

REALITY homie.. Look around you… where u see good news? Call one country that’s soaring high and every one of it citizens are doing well.. Abi you think say corruption no dey USA? Or there are no fraudsters I. US.. Abi the politicians in White House are angels. Omo. Do you own and leave the world a better place if you can…. You can only speak for the better.. doesn’t mean it’ll get better
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Sleekfingers: 6:36pm On Aug 16, 2023
Useless comparison. There are lots of unintelligent Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by UnfairLife7(m): 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2023
EngGandalf:

Why are they not running down to your shithole country the way an average Nigerians wish to be there while those who can afford it don't even think it twice? Go to Libya to see how your people are running out of the shithole to Libya. A cleaner in Libya earn nothing less than 100k

Your politicians need people like you to asslick them. Keep it up.
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by YesDaddyTill203: 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:
You know the most underrated advantage of living abroad is their swift medical treatment and care

Do you know that Sam Okparaji died at Surulere football stadium because ambulance no gree start

Does this lady know how many Nigerians that has lost their lives because NEPA took light during surgical procedures

Do you know how many lives that has wasted in Nigeria to negligence and poor facilities?

Do you know I know someone that lost a mom because of 10k balance before treatments?

Let’s not even talk of minimum wage, basic amunities, security, standard of living and the rest

Dumbest OSU IPOB retard. Compare your shallow, illogical warped reasoning to that of an average American. Your level of thinking is below that of my 5 year old daughter still in kindergarten.
You come here every second wailing about this and that, you are part of the problem with your low IQ reasoning.
The average American is much much intelligent and reasonable in their thinking.
I have lived most if my life in the US and I can tell you that the biggest problem in Nigeria is the average Nigerian with very low reasoning abilities just like you.
Health care is not free in America and people still die here everyday just like in Nigeria. Comparing America to Nigeria is a joke in the first place.
When Americans were already inventing planes and electricity and other technologies, your fore fathers were still in the bush with leaves covering their private parts.
America is 5hr richest County in the world, and thr richest in the history of world. So Comparing it to Nigeria is a joke taken too far.
Despite all that, Americans are not smiling right now, inflation is killing everyone right now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 6:40pm On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:

Who gives you free health insurance in US?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by LegendHero(m): 6:41pm On Aug 16, 2023
mercysamuelson:
LegendHero

This lady ehnn, my rent is currently $2500 monthly in California. 3 rooms, 2 family room, 2 toilets and a garage and a swimming pool included.
For gas, it's $140 for 2 weeks driving. Foods are cheap though if you're the type that loves cooking but I end up spending $80+ if I want something from McDonald and other fast foods.
It's just a decision depending on how much you're paid at work and how comfortable you want to be.

You’re even enjoying at that rate in Cali. In Boston, rent sometimes average $3k monthly or more. My mortgage for ATL self pass $2800 monthly.

Yes, spending is a decision especially on those food, lounges, and etc.

Like I always tell people, USA na nice country wey make sense. But no matter how much you mate legitimately in corporate America, most of your monthly bills (mortgage/rent+401k+ROTh+bills+food+family in Naija+lounge/clubs) will take over 70% or more of your net salary monthly.

If you like you should be stingy to death, you go still cough that amount.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by slowice(m): 6:42pm On Aug 16, 2023
RaptorX:
The US is actually a very expensive place to live, definitely not cheaper.

Everything balls down to Y.
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by chiboycue: 6:45pm On Aug 16, 2023
MrBroke:
Nigerian lady has compared the cost of living in Nigeria and the U.S., and thereafter, asked Nigerians which of the countries offers better or cheaper standard of living.

In her post, the lady said the cost of buying a full tank of petrol in Houston, Texas is $45 compared to Nigeria where she put the figure at N45, 000. She went on to state that the cost of renting a two bedroom apartment in Houston a year is "$9, 600" as against the "N2 million" one would need to get a decent one in Nigeria. She also compared the cost of purchasing food, internet services, monthly wage earnings as well as home security between Nigerians and their counterparts in the U.S.

if the Minimum wage of Nigeria is N30,000 per month, then the Minimum wage of USA is certainly not $30 per month. So therefore there is no basis for comparing USA's cost of living with that of Nigeria's cost of living.
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by toprealman: 6:46pm On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:

Oga go and type your first paragraph on YouTube, use Canada, US and UK as case study. Come back here afterwards
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Bigchristo: 6:48pm On Aug 16, 2023
MrBroke:
Nigerian lady has compared the cost of living in Nigeria and the U.S., and thereafter, asked Nigerians which of the countries offers better or cheaper standard of living.

In her post, the lady said the cost of buying a full tank of petrol in Houston, Texas is $45 compared to Nigeria where she put the figure at N45, 000. She went on to state that the cost of renting a two bedroom apartment in Houston a year is "$9, 600" as against the "N2 million" one would need to get a decent one in Nigeria. She also compared the cost of purchasing food, internet services, monthly wage earnings as well as home security between Nigerians and their counterparts in the U.S.
Why can’t she compare everything else? I mean all the benefits government give to Citizens in US, that’s wack comparison the GDP of that country is different the salary’s structure is different so why comparing us to the US when we don’t even have constant power supply, this one nor get sense and she dey abroad
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Offpointng: 6:49pm On Aug 16, 2023
dazzlingd:
Nonsense comparison

People earn 20 to 100 dollars per hour

People do two jobs

People at the end of the month earn between 4k to 20k or even more.

If you do the type of work you do in Nigeria in the US, you will buy a house in one year.

$100 per hour?? Don't be delusional, no job anywhere in the world would offer you such amount hourly
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Brendaniel: 6:50pm On Aug 16, 2023
Draslo:

You're not getting it. Don't bother

That's what I want you to explain, how a man who supported Buhari twice will blame Buhari for the problems he inherited from the same Buhari he supported twice....
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Offpointng: 6:52pm On Aug 16, 2023
BoldBrainz:
She didn't get her facts right.

In Asokoro, Maitama and Gwarimpa, there are a handful of estate apartments where individual generators are not allowed. Electricity stability is almost guaranteed for 24hours. But where any sort of challenges arise, power generating plants have been installed by the estates managements and all you have to do is pay the monthly charges for that service. So you can definitely have that serenity devoid of generator sounds.

Also, there are lots of locations in Abuja where security is handled by the estate managements and you have absolutely no need for a security personnel in your home.

Even wondering how she arrived at that $9,600 for annual rents of a 2bedroom apartment in the US. A 2bedroom penthouse with a sitting area and office space in Dallas went for $4,500 as at last week. Some of these people just lie for internet clout. Abi the moment she crossed the sahel, her brain was formatted to think the Nigerians back at home are no longer capable of reasoning?

Lol don't mind the E-diot. I wonder what folks like her tend to gain from the nonsense clout they chase
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Offpointng: 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2023
nwakibie3:

That $45 is someone's two hour wage in the US, menial job ooo; can you make such amount in Nigeria doing same job in two hours?

Stop being delusional, no menial job will pay you half of $45 hourly, dont be unwise

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by MrPOTUS: 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2023
mukthar2000:
am very sure this type hardly send money to assist any of his families.

Yes nah.

Na their type

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Alozist: 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2023
Sonnobax15:
cheesy
All in all,I love my country abeg.........

Thunder go kill you & your country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by sonnie10: 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2023
Throwback:
I reckon her tank of gas is 10ltrs for it to cost $45 to fill up.
Why are people like this? Where is lie in that?
$45 will get you about 13 gallons of petrol at $3.3 per liter. When converted to liters, 13 gallons is 49 liters.
How many small or mid size sedan takes more than 50 liter of petrol?
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by LockDown69(m): 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2023
When minimum wage is less than $50 in Nigeria grin una too dey play!
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by COMPAQ(m): 7:00pm On Aug 16, 2023
Regex:

Health care treatment in USA is not free.

Not only is it not free, but it's probably the most expensive in the developed world.

Few months ago I fell down the steps in houston and broke a toe. Even with insurance I paid $900 out of pocket for a minor corrective surgery. If I didn't have insurance it might have cost like $3k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by COMPAQ(m): 7:02pm On Aug 16, 2023
sonnie10:

Why are people like this? Where is lie in that?
$45 will get you about 13 gallons of petrol at $3.3 per liter. When converted to liters, 13 gallons is 49 liters.
How many small or mid size sedan takes more than 50 liter of petrol?

Are you joking? The fuel tank on a Camry is like 15gallons
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by EngGandalf: 7:02pm On Aug 16, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Why are they not running down to your shithole country the way an average Nigerians wish to be there while those who can afford it don't even think it twice? Go to Libya to see how your people are running out of the shithole to Libya. A cleaner in Libya earn nothing less than 100k

Your politicians need people like you to asslick them. Keep it up.

Apparently you’re a dumbo who doesn’t want to open his brain to POVs… converting money up and down. The 100k in Libya. Does it sustain them.. or the minimum wage workers in USA. You think minimum wage sustains them? Stop converting money… what does it take to actually live in these countries…. Teachers, nurses, train workers, some university lecturers have gone on strike in the UK, asking for increase in standard of living and income … Abi u think 10£\hr na money? Becoz it’s 10k in Nigeria?

Most of you complaining here, it’s not like you actually care for your fellow Nigerians….100% certain. Until you care for the well-being of your fellow Nigerian.. nothing is changing. This is the world we’re in ! Find your path.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Offpointng: 7:03pm On Aug 16, 2023
poweredcom:
Wetin dis one de eat 700usd a month ..a
Glutton

Na only rent cost for abroad aside that d rest things are affordable

Oga you'll spend more than that if you're to eat Organic food like we do here, Organic foods are very expensive abroad but if you're talking bout the Inorganic, I guess I might agree with you $700 is much
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by loliapoopy2013(f): 7:03pm On Aug 16, 2023
Sirheny007:
For a 4th world country, Nigeria is undeniably costly.
This country will implode.

This I've seen.
Loooool, I love that word, implode. But God no go shame us.
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:05pm On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:

I’m usually very disgusted when I read trash from ungrateful lots who have refused to see that their society possess some good about it. I know that Nigeria is in terrible times, agreed, but abroad too have their own shortcomings.

First, the comparison made by the ops is between the USA and Nigeria. The question now is where do you get free health insurance in the USA?
Second, you talked about the USA having security, but you lied. There are more violence/gun related deaths in the USA than Nigeria.
The USA has one of the highest rates of suicides in world as a direct result of many people going through depression.
Also, there is poverty too in the USA, homeless citizens as well. Their universities unaffordable to poor.
Our university education is ‘almost’ free to citizens.
Lastly, I’m not a multi millionaire (meaning I don’t have hundreds of millions) but I enjoy 24hrs power without any generator (though I’ve one but I hardly use it) due to combined use of solar and NEPA.
Nigeria is terrible, but it’s not the worse place in earth.
If you hate Nigeria port yourself to Niger.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Python Killed At Flooded Lagoon Estate, Ogudu Orioke In Lagos / Trailer Saved Another From Falling This Morning In Lagos / Edmund Echukwu Dies At James Bond-Themed Sex Party In UK (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.