Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. (56811 Views)

Swiss Woman Married To Anambra Guy, Compares Nigeria To Zurich- Pics / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by obstead200(m): 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2023
MrBroke:
Nigerian lady has compared the cost of living in Nigeria and the U.S., and thereafter, asked Nigerians which of the countries offers better or cheaper standard of living.

In her post, the lady said the cost of buying a full tank of petrol in Houston, Texas is $45 compared to Nigeria where she put the figure at N45, 000. She went on to state that the cost of renting a two bedroom apartment in Houston a year is "$9, 600" as against the "N2 million" one would need to get a decent one in Nigeria. She also compared the cost of purchasing food, internet services, monthly wage earnings as well as home security between Nigerians and their counterparts in the U.S.
I hate idiots like that lady comparing living costs in two countries. It is the most stupid thing someone can ever do. Only illiterates reason that way.

Has she ever heard of earning capacity?
Has she ever heard of comparative purchasing power?
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by gemini35(m): 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2023
I, prefer Europe to USA, my eye dey for Spain , even if you didn't make it there non of my business,i m going ,and I,must make it,

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Pclemenza: 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2023
Rubyjade:
angry
Internet is the cheapest in Nigeria
Connect broadband 10mbps
Call Victor +234 806 896 8950
The fastest internet in Nigeria right now
Monthly payment is how much and is it unlimited?
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by HotB: 8:33pm On Aug 16, 2023
Her comparison is incomplete without comparing how much one makes per hour in Nig as against that in US or UK.
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by fijihems: 8:33pm On Aug 16, 2023
I would like the person to also compare the standard of living in the two countries.
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by sweetTai(m): 8:37pm On Aug 16, 2023
LegendHero:

So a college dormitory student pay $800 for on campus lodge? Can you see you don’t know what you are saying?

She clearly stated that it’s for a 2bedroom Apt but you are here trying to say she meant to say it’s a college dorm. In the state you live, do they rent 2 bedroom apartment in a college dorm?

Can you see you’re even more delusional that the said girl?
Nonsense! Most college dorms are 2-bedroom apartments or 4-bedrooms apartments. I went to University of Texas in Austin and I stayed at a 2-bedroom apartment. Myself and my apartment mate shared the common area and the kitchen. $800 is very reasonable for a college apartment with a roommate. You evidently don’t know what you’re talking about.
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by ehinmodu(m): 8:38pm On Aug 16, 2023
My own humble logomaki is that actually america are more better than Nigeria by far in certain area of life .
But our leader are making it look like this so we can beg and probably run on to outside country and always embezzled our money for same project countless times.
Abroad is abroad and Nigeria will always remain Nigeria no much change cos the leader hate change .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by airsaylongcome: 8:39pm On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:

Do you know that Sam Okparaji died at Surulere football stadium because ambulance no gree start

Okwaraji
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Sultty(m): 8:43pm On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:
You know the most underrated advantage of living abroad is their swift medical treatment and care

Do you know that Sam Okparaji died at Surulere football stadium because ambulance no gree start

Does this lady know how many Nigerians that has lost their lives because NEPA took light during surgical procedures

Do you know how many lives that has wasted in Nigeria to negligence and poor facilities?

Do you know I know someone that lost a mom because of 10k balance before treatments?

This is a free health insurance you get abroad for free

Let’s not even talk of minimum wage, basic amunities, security, standard of living and the rest

Whatever makes an American depressed and sad na mortuary standard for Nigerian be that

Omo I’m very sure Nigeria is the forbidden country God told Abraham
are u minding these folks. These us and Canadian japarians dey always mis-yarn, if I swear for them now people will call for my head.I will just curse them that they should be deported back to enjoy cheaper fuel and house rent
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Boyjaco: 8:53pm On Aug 16, 2023
Thanks for this quote author=Taylor90 post=125104352] You know the most underrated advantage of living abroad is their swift medical treatment and care

Does this lady know how many Nigerians that has lost their lives because NEPA took light during surgical procedures

Do you know how many lives that has wasted in Nigeria to negligence and poor facilities?

Do you know I know someone that lost a mom because of 10k balance before treatments?

Let’s not even talk of minimum wage, basic amunities, security, standard of living and the rest

Whatever makes an American depressed and sad na mortuary standard for Nigerian be that

[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Enice(m): 8:54pm On Aug 16, 2023
SenatePresdo:
Funny thing is that the average wage in America is far bigger than the average wage in Nigeria.

But our politicians are richer than their politicians, and its because suffersticated morons have chosen to draw us back far More than any region in Nigeria.

I was thinking illiterate majority of Northerners were the ones holding the few intellects hostage in this country, never knew the brown roofers are worst.

No wonder poverty reigns supreme over there that they can't afford to renovate their Houses after building it the time Rome was built.

Stupidity will cost your progress.
so you think your stupid third class Obi would have done better? See this one! He claims others are the ones drawing us back, not knowing that him and his ilks are the problem we have.
If something does not go their favour, they'll prefer to destroy that thing than to make amends. Now tell me! How can a country move forward when it has such citizens. If it's not in their favour then they destroy it.
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by LegendHero(m): 8:58pm On Aug 16, 2023
sweetTai:

Nonsense! Most college dorms are 2-bedroom apartments or 4-bedrooms apartments. I went to University of Texas in Austin and I stayed at a 2-bedroom apartment. Myself and my apartment mate shared the common area and the kitchen. $800 is very reasonable for a college apartment with a roommate. You evidently don’t know what you’re talking about.

Maybe your English is what is disturbing my brain.

When you say college dorm, to me it means an on-campus house where undergraduates usually live and it involves bed that are in the form of bunks. Is that what you’re talking about?

Or rather, you’re talking about off campus apartment which is situated outside the campus where people rent?
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by BillionKnights: 9:01pm On Aug 16, 2023
LegendHero:

Bro, me I sometimes help people migrate to USA especially in student visa route and you will never see me discourage anyone trying to migrate to USA.

Shey na my papa get the country ni Abi why will you discourage anyone from moving abroad?

My comment on this thread is just to call that lady out for misinforming Nigerians. If calling out lies mean I’m blocking Nigerians from traveling abroad, then you have to question your intellect and you more of assimilation.
I don't know man, you just made it sound like there's no truth in all she's saying and like there's nothing wrong with this country
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by sweetTai(m): 9:03pm On Aug 16, 2023
LegendHero:

Maybe your English is what is disturbing my brain.

When you say college dorm, to me it means an on-campus house where undergraduates usually live and it involves bed that are in the form of bunks. Is that what you’re talking about?

Or rather, you’re talking about off campus apartment which is situated outside the campus where people rent?
If you don’t know anything about a subject. You should keep your mouth shut! Most universities buys neighboring apartment complexes and use them for student housing and some neighboring non-university owned apartment complexes are exclusively for student housing. Get your facts straight!
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Charly68: 9:13pm On Aug 16, 2023
They are simply incomparable.. The cost is too high in America than here . How much do they rent a flat or self contain. How much is bread ,how much is petrol per litre . How much is engine oil . How much is vegetable oil. How is chicken there. ? We are better off here than America .. our only problem is infrastructures .. I can't be living in America and be able to eat pounded yam every now and then . The cost will be too much

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by BillionKnights: 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2023
Offpointng:

Your mid level of reasoning should rather disgust you than what he typed cuz I can't read where LegendHero discouraged migration to the US. The problem with most of y'all is that you hate the truth and are disgusted by it even when told. America will paint their country to be the best in their movies and News outlet and shallow minded individuals like you easily get deceived.

America media will not tell you each hour, everyday, 312 Americans are being shot, They'd still not let you know the rate of daily missing persons who are kidnapped, Robbery of which most of em victims are shot dead, I guess you also dont know, over a hundred thousand Americans migrate out of the US to other countries yearly. I'm sure if I expose more to you, you'll still think I'm tryna discouraging you cuz what's painted on your mind is the USA is a heaven on Earth.

Solomon preached to us in Proverbs that in all our gettings, we should include Wisdom and Knowledge, I'm suggesting you do exactly
You are speaking off point. I know about the mass shootings (they're not hidden stop lying) and I've seen more American crime movies than Nigerian. No matter what you say, America is still a million times better than Nigeria. I've lost too much to this country to be fooled by the likes of you.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by soccerlite: 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:
You know the most underrated advantage of living abroad is their swift medical treatment and care

Satan is the one that formed the area called nigeria
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Zeel007: 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2023
Jestin:
What is your take home monthly? Some private sch teachers are still earning 30k monthly.
30k Lol, go ilorin or oshogbo, some school still pays teacher 15k per month
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by sweetgala(m): 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2023
MrBroke:
Nigerian lady has compared the cost of living in Nigeria and the U.S., and thereafter, asked Nigerians which of the countries offers better or cheaper standard of living.

In her post, the lady said the cost of buying a full tank of petrol in Houston, Texas is $45 compared to Nigeria where she put the figure at N45, 000. She went on to state that the cost of renting a two bedroom apartment in Houston a year is "$9, 600" as against the "N2 million" one would need to get a decent one in Nigeria. She also compared the cost of purchasing food, internet services, monthly wage earnings as well as home security between Nigerians and their counterparts in the U.S.

I can't think of any decent area within Houston TX or any metropolitan city in US where you expect to pay less than 1200-2000 USD for a 2 bed apartment.
The only way her car can take 45USD full tank is if she's buying 15galons of gas. It's currently 2.95/gl

Folks would just be telling silly lies, I live in a peaceful EU country with no risks of home invasions or armed robberies but I pay over 20 euro in total for my home security systems, my monitored alarm and CCTV.

She should also include the cost of her health insurance, her car insurance, and tax liabilities.

Njgeria is not working for the generality of the people but folks are truly groaning across the globe, the times are hard and inflation has really battered many families incomes

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by DaRuud(m): 9:31pm On Aug 16, 2023
MrBroke:

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by LegendHero(m): 9:43pm On Aug 16, 2023
sweetTai:

If you don’t know anything about a subject. You should keep your mouth shut! Most universities buys neighboring apartment complexes and use them for student housing and some neighboring non-university owned apartment complexes are exclusively for student housing. Get your facts straight!

You’re talking like an educated illiterate would talk.

When people talk about cost of living, they don’t talk about subsidized dorm for student and use that to equate average house rent for a state or city.

When I was an undergrad in Nigeria, my hostel fees is not up to 10k yearly.

So you mean I can rush online and say average house rent in Nigeria is 10k per year and then compare it to Ghana normal house rent for example.

The lady should have now instead compare 10k monthly for Nigeria to $800 monthly for Houston since according to you, she’s talking about dorm.

Your own delusion is even more chronic that the lady own if you think using a university dorm should be the basis for house rent analysis for the the city of Houston.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by sweetgala(m): 9:43pm On Aug 16, 2023
dazzlingd:
Nonsense comparison

People earn 20 to 100 dollars per hour

People do two jobs

People at the end of the month earn between 4k to 20k or even more.

If you do the type of work you do in Nigeria in the US, you will buy a house in one year.

Please tell me what job is paying 100usd an hour. People would just be giving fabu online sha
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by LegendHero(m): 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2023
BillionKnights:

I don't know man, you just made it sound like there's no truth in all she's saying and like there's nothing wrong with this country

That’s why I used most of what she said is a lie. I never said ALL she said is a lie. Her main reason for the tweet is to compare cost of living in Nigeria and USA.

When she spoke about $700 Average for feeding, I supported that in my post because that is the only true statement I can deduce from her post.
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by sweetgala(m): 9:48pm On Aug 16, 2023
nwakibie3:

That $45 is someone's two hour wage in the US, menial job ooo; can you make such amount in Nigeria doing same job in two hours?

Menial job paying 20usd/ hr. You do realise minimum wage in most US states is less than 10usd.

Don't let anyone lie to you, abroad life nah struggle

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by sweetgala(m): 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2023
IamPlato:
All these stupid people comparing countries.

That is not how you compare, you dont convert the currency to Nigerian money.

This is how you compare
What can 45dollars buy in America
What can 45naira but in Nigeria

Ode, that is how you compare.

Nah you be the silly one, you need to first convert the 45usd to naira, and then see it's true value.

The Japanese yen is not at parity with the dollar yet the quality of life in Japan is equal or even higher than that of the average American
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Creamypie(m): 9:51pm On Aug 16, 2023
Sirheny007:
For a 4th world country, Nigeria is undeniably costly.
This country will implode.

This I've seen.
in 15 yrs time, when 9 yr olds become 24 yrs. Nigeria will be out of its miserable existence
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by sweetgala(m): 9:52pm On Aug 16, 2023
RaptorX:
Cost of living in Nigeria is peanuts compared to the US. Where in Houston would you pay $9,600 per annum for a two bedroom apartment not definitely in Houston proper. Nigeria that three people can eat a full meal with different assorted meats for less than 10$. Talking about generator this is one of those Nigerians that haven't visited in 30 years, in this era of solar power and 24hrs electricity estates. Talking about security and America in the same sentence is a joke, the crime and murder rates in cities like Chicago. Baltimore, Memphis, Detroit, Washington DC etc or any city with a large negro population is through the roof.

My wife , little daughter and I were in Philly December, for someone from Europe I was amazed at the cost of food in Yankee, we had a budget of around 50-100 usd daily for food.
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by sweetgala(m): 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2023
Abbeytoy:

Learn how to appreciate what you have.

Not everyone is a fan of Japa, and not all will do so.

I have lost a cousin on the football field in the USA and a brother to Covid 19 in Qatar too, and it's not new.

Accepted that our electricity is bad, but we're better than some people do.

I look at those that don't have what I have and I never complain or compete with people that have more than I do.

Don't Make Nigeria/Nigerians looks like the Worst in the World.

A friend of ours collapsed and passed away playing 5 aside football here in too. And I know of another younger boy who had a medical emergency while playing for his local club and died. This is in Europe where emergency/prime healthcare is free and there is rapid emergency ambulance service.
Nah only God dey protect

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Saidfx(m): 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2023
DomPerignon:

Do you also know that the number one reason to declare bankruptcy in Amerikkka stems from huge medical bills ?

Do you know that the average trip to the emergency room with an ambulance is not covered by insurance and cost around $2,500 flat?

Do you know that Amerikkka is so jewed that an on-counter treatment for malaria will cost you at least $700 (drug cost between $150-$250, consultancy and tests will cover the balance)?

Have you heard of goyslop? To eat natural healthy food will cost you three times what it will cost you here in Nigeria. Unless you like eating mystery meat cultured by Jews and their Monsanto GMO poison.

Are you aware that Amerikkka is the only country that indebts it's young before they get a job all in the name of student loans ? And that the racket has now spurned a new industry known as the Academic-Labour industrial complex ?

Are you aware that JewSA is the only country on earth that has private prisons for profits ? The Prison Industrial complex that has LEAs and the jewdiciary ensuring that Amerikkka remains the nation with the most incarcerated nation on earth.

So much for the land of the free and brave.

Amerikkka is the land of the fee and slave . An economy based on revolving debt.

Google the word "Economy" and find out its true meaning which stems from ancient Greek to mean : to lack.

The JewSA is a dystopian slave society.

This is after all, a nation that got a head start with slavery.

Deep

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by sweetgala(m): 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2023
NaBanga:
She must live in an impoverished area in Houston. The cost of the things listed are almost 30 to 50% more. However security is not a must.

Make that 100 % more

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by sweetgala(m): 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2023
Regex:

Health care treatment in USA is not free.

It's not necessarily free in Europe either. Make she go remove her tooth and let me know the coats. To get rid of my wisdom tooth it cost me over 500 euros.

And my family medical insurance part funded by my employer is over 3000 euro annually and that is considered cheap. In US you're looking at over 10k USD
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by sweetgala(m): 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2023
Ofadaman:
One simple data invalidates all her nonsense and that is, what is the minimum wage?

The minimum wage her is 18,000 naira which is 20$
The minimum wage over there is over 2,000$(1,8m naira ).

The minimum wage in California is 16usd and it's one of the highest, So let's say the monthly gross is 2500. I can assure you can't survive on that. Between rent and bills you'll have nothing at the end of the month

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR / Onitsha From First And Second Niger Bridge (photos) / Intimacy gadget Found In A Passenger's Luggage While Search Was Going On.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.