Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash (30446 Views)

Nigerian Man Seen Using Juju As Desperate Measures To Boost Sales / How CBN Deliberately Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against Dollar - Sahara R. / When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by rexlims(m): 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2023
Not until Nigeria starts producing about 70% of it's current imports, my dear there isn't any measure CBN will take that will make d naira not continue to slide before d dollar.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 14, 2023
Edipet:
No measures go work..
Peter Obi gave us the secret. Produce what you consume.
Okrika imported
Some groceries imported
Furniture imported
Electronic imported,
Some soaps and cream imported,
Gas cylinder important.
Belgium phone, laptop, electronic. Nothing will save the naira, and our population is increasing, which also increase demand for all this things.
More people are going into importation business and them dey use dollar.
Encourage farmers, SMEs. Don't use your big car to pepper struggling people so that they can still focus.
Empower The youth to start producing what they are capable of, farming, science and Tech, Engineering, fashion, etc
Nigeria is a complex country and not ready to face reality. No body will buy what you said But they want naira to dollar be like 100 naira. Even politicians are not ready to cut costs.
I believe tinubu is doing this deliberately to make importation difficult and less attractive against local production. Everything is scattered and un interesting. Very complex country that nothing works.

1 Like

Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by stormborn28(m): 6:27pm On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
Mynd44 nlfpmod please rush it to front page let them see that work is going on underground.
Asiwaju is truly working, it's just Jonathan and Buhari's mess that brought us where we are.

You are living in a dream land
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by correctguy101(m): 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2023
Na so...

Phantom solutions...

Ask them to explain the measures now, you'll hear things like : "we will, we are trying to, we have set up a committee" . Yet nothing will be done.

Like they don't know how all these started.

Yeye dey smell
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by twosquare(m): 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
Maybe...that will be partly...but some heads are about to roll...anyone still holding with speculation will lose...time to offload.
SalamRushdie:
They about to start defending be that ..
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Ayoola171(m): 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
That will be fine.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Tareq1105: 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
Didi2d:

If all measures has been tried or like you said, trial and error has been applied too and till now no reasonable progress.

The question now is what's really the problem?

For me I think some people somewhere are sabotaging the policies not to work, for their selfish gains.

Corruption fighting back

Until BDC operators are dealt with. BDC operators are not allowing capital inflow especially those through Diaspora Remittance to pass through official channel.

Buhari/Emefiele govt licensed highest number of BDC in the history of Nigeria.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by obi4eze(m): 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
Rubbish
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
ganisucks:

https://twitter.com/NTANewsNow/status/1691119834715848704

Nothing can work except economic development
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
Alchemy528:
I will believe unless I see a small token according to what they said, then I will concor
so u don't believe ur emilokan b4?

u go explain taya!
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Godstiger(m): 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
So after auto piloting it they are now saving it from crash

1 Like

Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
Mynd44 nlfpmod please rush it to front page let them see that work is going on underground.
Asiwaju is truly working, it's just Jonathan and Buhari's mess that brought us where we are.

Stand up comedy

1 Like

Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by descarado: 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2023
Righthussle:
Dear Demi god, your prayer never still work oo. Hahhahahaha
grin
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by imoh4king(m): 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2023
Perfectnumber6:
Clueless people

Is it nairalanders or Nigerian youths that are clouded with ignorance?

There are certain measures employed by Central Banks globally to ease depreciation of any particular currency. One of such is
QUANTITATIVE EASING.... This is when the depreciating cash is pumped into the economy which will ease supply of the quoted currency thereby strengthening it.

The second method is REDUCTION IN MONETARY INTEREST RATE.... This is the borrowing interest rate pegged by the Central Bank of the depreciating economy to attract foreign investors which also strengthens the base currency.

There are numerous other methods...

Read up.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Powersurge: 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2023
SalamRushdie:
They about to start defending be that ..

This will be terrible.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by imoh4king(m): 6:33pm On Aug 14, 2023
rexlims:
Not until Nigeria starts producing about 70% of it's current imports, my dear there isn't any measure CBN will take that will make d naira not continue to slide before d dollar.

Dumb ass
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by alezzy13: 6:34pm On Aug 14, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
Measures like

It's a no brainer. Our choices have to be any of the following:

a. Start printing dollars tongue
b. Reduce our import (or ban certain items)
c. Increase our exports
d. Use our foreign reserves to meet the demand (artificially defending the naira)
e. ?

1 Like

Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by ismhab(m): 6:35pm On Aug 14, 2023
ProfBY:

I didn't vote because my Voters card can only vote at Abeokuta, I relocated to Lagos since 2019.

Had it, you have the chance to vote, who will you casted your vote for?
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Didi2d(m): 6:35pm On Aug 14, 2023
Tareq1105:

Until BDC operators are dealt with. BDC operators are not allowing capital inflow especially those through Diaspora Remittance to pass through official channel.

Buhari/Emefiele govt licensed highest number of BDC in the history of Nigeria.

Then, the government should handle them with ion hand.
Buhari follow cause this particular problem
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by xandy84: 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2023
While I support most of his policies, the implementation is wrong. Removing 💯 subsidy is a grave mistake. Subsidy should have been removed incremental like 25 per cent every quarter so the economy can adjust and supply and demand find it equilibrium

Putinofrussia:

The defending and co that made CBN get indebted to JP Morgan and co to the tune of $15 billion...fifteen billion dollars shocked.
Almost half of the Nigerian reserve.
Emefiele supported by Buhari has really decimated Nigeria gravely.

Nigeria is gravely short of forex making the supply of dollar small and shooting up the value of dollar to Naira.

I really pity Tinubu but I trustt he will pull Nigeria out of this doldrum.This one will require the real...no pain,no gain Marxim.
All of us are just impatient grin

1 Like

Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Okiemute101: 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
Lamba
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by judedwriter(m): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
Whatever it is, please let them hurry up before naira reaches 1000 to a dollar!!!
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by harmargedon: 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
see who wants to save naira, he's the king pin of money laundering, Abi you self don forget bullion van saga? Nawa for you oh.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by alezzy13: 6:42pm On Aug 14, 2023
imoh4king:

Is it nairalanders or Nigerian youths that are clouded with ignorance?

There are certain measures employed by Central Banks globally to ease depreciation of any particular currency. One of such is
QUANTITATIVE EASING.... This is when the depreciating cash is pumped into the economy which will ease supply of the quoted currency thereby strengthening it.

The second method is REDUCTION IN MONETARY INTEREST RATE.... This is the borrowing interest rate pegged by the Central Bank of the depreciating economy to attract foreign investors which also strengthens the base currency.

There are numerous other methods...

Read up.

Seriously? QE at such galloping inflation like ours?? shocked which kin economic theory be this?
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by xandy84: 6:45pm On Aug 14, 2023
While I support most of his policies, the implementation is wrong. Removing 💯 subsidy is a grave mistake. Subsidy should have been removed incremental like 25 per cent every quarter so the economy can adjust and supply and demand find it equilibrium but he removed it once and kill almost every small businesses. I will give you an example. I have a friend to import rice from US. A bag of rice usually cost 50k before Tinubu regime but the same bag cost 100k now. He has over 200 bags of rice without a single buyer. The astronomical rise in price makes it impossible for businesses to survive and hereby multiple our unemployment rate.
You don't remove subsidy and float the naira without the economy taking a major hit.

Putinofrussia:

The defending and co that made CBN get indebted to JP Morgan and co to the tune of $15 billion...fifteen billion dollars shocked.

Nigeria is gravely short of forex making the supply of dollar small and shooting up the value of dollar to Naira.

I really pity Tinubu but I trustt he will pull Nigeria out of this doldrum.This one will require the real...no pain,no gain Marxim.

1 Like

Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by nedekid: 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2023
Putinofrussia:

Please, you pity Tinubu for what? He claimed it was his turn, turn to do what? To bear the name of president? Or to fix the country? Are the lives of 200m people something to play around with? The destiny of millions of people? If we were messed with during buhari's time, did we have to take such chances again? Others said they were prepared to change things, prepared to take the blame and said blame me if things don't work, gave figures and statistics from research, for tribal reasons folks called him lier, warehouse economics, e too lie, fake statistics etc. No problem, we have moved on.
The issue now is our president has no excuses, Nigerians also should not make excuses for him. He must perform oh. You cannot just come and mess up our lives. We must all stand up and demand, be you Yoruba, Hausa, igbo, edo etc. This is not tribe matter because it affect our lives and future of our generations. Anyone that things he is there to messup, Nigerian must deal with him as that do in China!
If you know, you do not have what it takes to make changes, do not run for office!
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Dejijossy(m): 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2023
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by uncleu01: 6:48pm On Aug 14, 2023
Righthussle:
Dear Demi god, your prayer never still work oo. Hahhahahaha

Have checked the date of the tweet?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? / Oyin Jolayemi Biography Of The CEO Of Daily Need Group / Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.