Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash (30483 Views)

Nigerian Man Seen Using Juju As Desperate Measures To Boost Sales / How CBN Deliberately Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against Dollar - Sahara R. / When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by tete7000(m): 7:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
Tareq1105:

Until BDC operators are dealt with. BDC operators are not allowing capital inflow especially those through Diaspora Remittance to pass through official channel.

Buhari/Emefiele govt licensed highest number of BDC in the history of Nigeria.

Why can't people get dollars in the banks? If they can BDC will die naturally, don't you think so?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Luckysbab: 7:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
Edipet:
No measures go work..
Peter Obi gave us the secret. Produce what you consume.
Okrika imported
Some groceries imported
Furniture imported
Electronic imported,
Some soaps and cream imported,
Gas cylinder important.
Belgium phone, laptop, electronic. Nothing will save the naira, and our population is increasing, which also increase demand for all this things.
More people are going into importation business and them dey use dollar.
Encourage farmers, SMEs. Don't use your big car to pepper struggling people so that they can still focus.
Empower The youth to start producing what they are capable of, farming, science and Tech, Engineering, fashion, etc

And Peter Obi would have made all these happen in two months?

1 Like

Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Jlow2: 7:30pm On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
Are you a hater of good news, keep asking questions.
10000cfa=13000naira, agbado the clueless, he is more concerned about poor Niger than his country , rubbish
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by smileyoo: 7:32pm On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
Mynd44 nlfpmod please rush it to front page let them see that work is going on underground.
Asiwaju is truly working, it's just Jonathan and Buhari's mess that brought us where we are.
lol. bros. it's like you will continue to defend these clueless politicians , until you are totally exhausted.
I was expecting tinubu to be more competent , but after unveiling his political appointees, I was disappointed to realize that they are even the same old gangsters, that have brought us to this low level.
therefore save yourself the shameful embarrassment of defending the indefensible, because Oga tinubu 's so-called magic wand, will never positively change the lots of average nigerians, as long as these corrupt political elites are still at the helm of affairs of this nation.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by barinedan(m): 7:35pm On Aug 14, 2023
This CBN acting governor seem to be worse than Emefiele
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by azpekuliar: 7:37pm On Aug 14, 2023
Luckysbab:

APC has had 8 years to do it
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by BreconHills(m): 7:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
Edipet:
No measures go work..
Okrika imported
Some groceries imported
Furniture imported
Electronic imported,
Gas cylinder important.
Belgium phone, laptop, electronic. Nothing will save the naira, and our population is increasing, which also increase demand for all this things.
Encourage farmers, SMEs. Don't use your big car to pepper struggling people so that they can still focus.
Empower The youth to start producing what they are capable of, farming, science and Tech, Engineering, fashion, etc

Nice quote from a guy whose main business is import and who holds exclusive franchises for foreign products like Heinz tomato ketchup amongst others.

The gullibility of Nigerian is astounding.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by saysoo: 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2023
ganisucks:

https://twitter.com/NTANewsNow/status/1691119834715848704
very simple apologize to Emefiele and adopt his monetary policies.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by WayoProphet: 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2023
Otilo

Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by BreconHills(m): 7:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
barinedan:
This CBN acting governor seem to be worse than Emefiele

Not at all. Far from it. Talk to bankers in FX and trade department if you want to be better informed
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by seunayantokun(m): 7:43pm On Aug 14, 2023
If there is security of lives and property and we go back to producing our needs, naira will come up otherwise, down it continues to go. Common sense!
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by saysoo: 7:43pm On Aug 14, 2023
Luckysbab:

You dey mind that guy. All PO has in NEXT wharehouse are all imported goods.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by primeache: 7:43pm On Aug 14, 2023
Close all foreign currencies account and liquidate to respective naira account of holders.

This is the only option now to control the dollar and also minimize corruption and pressure on the Naira.
Many people are holding foreign currencies they do not need
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by MrsTwrite(f): 7:44pm On Aug 14, 2023
Stupid measures I guess.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Diligence: 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2023
Revealed:

BAT: E...I need U around for 6 months more!

E: Your Excellency, with all due respect, I'm done!

BAT: Okay, we shall see to it...shey you no wan help me. I go show you pepper for frustrating me during general elections...

Now, see where vendetta land the economy...

Nigeria no be Lagos-o!
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by GloriousGbola: 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2023
Edipet:
No measures go work..
Okrika imported
Some groceries imported
Furniture imported
Electronic imported,
Gas cylinder important.

A man who made his money from trading and importing gave you the secret?
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by longayink: 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2023
If the CBN managers have foresight, they should have done this beforehand.
Let them accept that they and Tinubu who appointed them lack foresight. Who is the reasonable leader who will rise petrol price and go for measures that will devalue the country's currency at the same time without first placing measures for the public to survive from the policies?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by MrPRevailer(m): 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2023
OJODEL10:
will this government gets things right?

Tinubu boy, how far?
Na tribilism dey worry you before-before?
your head dey show signs of reformation.

Tinubu is not there to serve Yoruba. He serves the WEF, the New World Agenda.
global famine, inflation, depopulation, total control and survellience are just some of the perks.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by smileyoo: 7:52pm On Aug 14, 2023
Righthussle:
Dear Demi god, your prayer never still work oo. Hahhahahaha
lol. but your demi - god actually told you that your naira is rising again, ehe is it not rising again ?
from #430 to #$1, within 2 months it has risen to #920 to #$1. so if only you were to have dollars in your pockets, the naira could actually be rising in your own pockets.
Nigeria that is not a productive nation, but a consuming and wasteful nation, how do you guys believe that her currency will suddenly rebound and become very strong, just because your demi-god said so ?

1 Like

Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Poanan: 7:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
Putinofrussia:

The defending and co that made CBN get indebted to JP Morgan and co to the tune of $15 billion...fifteen billion dollars shocked.
Almost half of the Nigerian reserve.
Emefiele supported by Buhari has really decimated Nigeria gravely.

Nigeria is gravely short of forex making the supply of dollar small and shooting up the value of dollar to Naira.

I really pity Tinubu but I trustt he will pull Nigeria out of this doldrum.This one will require the real...no pain,no gain Marxim.
All of us are just impatient grin

they stole that money. No be defence cause am.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by surgical: 7:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
rinzaugustine:
Lol another Buhari trial and error reincarnating all over again as dejavu..the only difference this time is that instead of emefiele it’s now a Yoruba man...are there actually sane people that believe these guys can change anything in Nigeria?
I was so sure that we were not going to ever have a president worse than buhari, until Tinubu came, he really shocked me to my marrows,not that I expected much from him being from the APC stock but this abysmal performance is what dumbfounded me,give the hype around him as smart,and a strategists
Infact I am speechless

1 Like

Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by BreconHills(m): 8:00pm On Aug 14, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Shebi CBN dey mad ni ?!

What's the essence of giving us "Breaking News" and telling us you intend to do something, when you should have actually used the "Breaking News" to give us details of what you're already doing?

Not really. When you want to arrest a ship, you give a warning, then you fire a warning shot and then you take extreme measures as you deem fit. Every banker knows that some Nigerians want the price differential between the official and black market to continue. As we speak the official rate is about 735 while the black market has a differential of 150+ at the very least. Who can buy at the official rate? No one.

The guys in the black market will not give up without a fight. Who gives away easy money just like that? Unfortunately, these guys as well as some others are buying up the dollar at any price using prior profits to balance their trade book. There is now a severe shortage of USD. Meanwhile, overseas remittances from the diaspora which are about $14.6bn per year are not flowing through the CBN due to the plethora of transfer apps ad person to person offset deals.

We all know this.

Government efforts are hampered by massive discounts being given by Russia to China in the oil industry. In fact, a lot of Nigerian cargo is unsold. Add to this the foreign reserve level is abysmally low - nominally about $35bn but actually more like $22 bn meaning the Government is restricted in how far it can push USD into the market to force up the naira. This is why the President spoke of difficult days ahead.

However even with a low reserve and well-heeled FX hoarders - Government can hurt those buying about the 800 mark in a major way. I believe this is what they will start doing to force down the USD. How long they can sustain it is anyone's guess but every day without the subsidy is saving us an at -the- end of the month $1.3bn. Some of which can be applied to the naira defense. Some hoarders will start releasing FX immediately after this warning - like I said those who have bought at the highest recent rates.

Look the very people shouting against the government are those who have been profiting from the lop-sided economy - this includes pengassan oil unions who are bleeding because petroleum diversion is going out of business.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by BreconHills(m): 8:07pm On Aug 14, 2023
longayink:
If the CBN managers have foresight, they should have done this beforehand.
Let them accept that they and Tinubu who appointed them lack foresight. Who is the reasonable leader who will rise petrol price and go for measures that will devalue the country's currency at the same time without first placing measures for the public to survive from the policies?

What are you going to use to give palliatives with? Naira? What happens to inflation? Its already at 22%

The battle between the FGN and the black market hoarders and subsidy promoters is going to be interesting but don't count the government out just yet. Sometimes you appear to be losing when you are winning and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AukxGrixOKo
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by BoldBrainz(m): 8:08pm On Aug 14, 2023
BreconHills:

Not really. When you want to arrest a ship, you give a warning, then you fire a warning shot and then you take extreme measures as you deem fit. Every banker knows that some Nigerians want the price differential between the official and black market to continue. As we speak the official rate is about 735 while the black market has a differential of 150+ at the very least. Who can buy at the official rate? No one.

The guys in the black market will not give up without a fight. Who gives away easy money just like that? Unfortunately, these guys as well as some others are buying up the dollar at any price using prior profits to balance their trade book. There is now a severe shortage of USD. Meanwhile, overseas remittances from the diaspora which are about $14.6bn per year are not flowing through the CBN due to the plethora of transfer apps ad person to person offset deals.

We all know this.

Government efforts are hampered by massive discounts being given by Russia to China in the oil industry. In fact, a lot of Nigerian cargo is unsold. Add to this the foreign reserve level is abysmally low - nominally about $35bn but actually more like $22 bn meaning the Government is restricted in how far it can push USD into the market to force up the naira. This is why the President spoke of difficult days ahead.

However even with a low reserve and well-heeled FX hoarders - Government can hurt those buying about the 800 mark in a major way. I believe this is what they will start doing to force down the USD. How long they can sustain it is anyone's guess but every day without the subsidy is saving us an at -the- end of the month $1.3bn. Some of which can be applied to the naira defense. Some hoarders will start releasing FX immediately after this warning - like I said those who have bought at the highest recent rates.

Look the very people shouting against the government are those who have been profiting from the lop-sided economy - this includes pengassan oil unions who are bleeding because petroleum diversion is going out of business.

You're clearly not one for plenty of conversations, particularly not on public internet forums. Why then did you suddenly find the need to put down this detailed narrative to me?
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:10pm On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
Are you a hater of good news, keep asking questions.

Iyaebe, carry your zombiefied asslicking and go to romance section, where u rightly belong
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by BreconHills(m): 8:11pm On Aug 14, 2023
BoldBrainz:

You're clearly not one for plenty of conversations, particularly not on public internet forums. Why then did you suddenly find the need to put down this detailed narrative to me?

It is what it is
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Bodexinvest: 8:11pm On Aug 14, 2023
As long as you have too much naira chasing the dollar, naira will continue to fall and its not good for the economy at all. Everyone must sit up to defend the naira.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by yongg: 8:14pm On Aug 14, 2023
FloatingSeed:
I thought banning AbokiFx or making things parallel will fix things. At the end it wasn't those things.

Meanwhile support me please. Watch and Subscribe to my YouTube channel. Na YouTube $$ I dey hustle for too.

The Tragic Fate of Thomas Sankara Africa's Che Guevara: Uncovering the Dark Truths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5T_AO3hM4k

That and the handling of the NIMC registration where they added a deadline for its registration revealed to me that dumb_asses where in control....

I kept on thinking whether nobody within their team gives them sensible council...

Abokifx was only reporting rates, so are countless other sites.... If abokifx was going to be taken down wouldn't it makes sense to take down other sites including other financial sites, whether institutional or not, alongside (which is impossible by the way without a sh*tload of lawsuits).
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by MTNcustomercare: 8:23pm On Aug 14, 2023
It's now CBN realized that Naira has already crashed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar Wedding Dinner In Abuja (Photos) / Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy / Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.