Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash (30488 Views)

Nigerian Man Seen Using Juju As Desperate Measures To Boost Sales / How CBN Deliberately Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against Dollar - Sahara R. / When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by worksmart(m): 8:27pm On Aug 14, 2023
Prevent the crashed Naira from crashing? undecided

This Bola virus is serious!

Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by topyhanky(m): 8:28pm On Aug 14, 2023
Wake up Nigerians, wake up from sleep. Where is the #endsars spirit.

We need this spirit now collectively on ebola. Rember what he did for those at lekki back then. If he çould do that to them ... He would end up starving us all
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by LAFOCUZY: 8:38pm On Aug 14, 2023
ganisucks:

https://twitter.com/NTANewsNow/status/1691119834715848704

Another classic case of a blind shot........failing to look and see how all things connect. Subsidy, Fx, inflation etc

Optics was good.......but will see how good lasts as the reality grinds on.......
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Luckysbab: 8:49pm On Aug 14, 2023
azpekuliar:

APC has had 8 years to do it

And PDP (which your Obi belonged to) before then.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by azpekuliar: 8:50pm On Aug 14, 2023
Luckysbab:

And PDP (which your Obi belonged to) before then.

If APC can’t do it they should get out of the way, nobody is going back to PDP. If LP doesn’t fix it we try APM
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Menclothing: 8:51pm On Aug 14, 2023
Righthussle:
Dear Demi god, your prayer never still work oo. Hahhahahaha

Your brain is gone 2016 tweet
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by valuedammy(m): 8:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
Na everytime dem dey come up with new measures to save the Naira, at the end of the day it will keep falling.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by freemanq(m): 9:00pm On Aug 14, 2023
I don't see any solution to this naira problem CBN in the last 8 years killed naira with bad government policies
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2023
Edipet:
No measures go work..
Peter Obi gave us the secret. Produce what you consume.
Okrika imported
Some groceries imported
Furniture imported
Electronic imported,
Some soaps and cream imported,
Gas cylinder important.
Belgium phone, laptop, electronic. Nothing will save the naira, and our population is increasing, which also increase demand for all this things.
More people are going into importation business and them dey use dollar.
Encourage farmers, SMEs. Don't use your big car to pepper struggling people so that they can still focus.
Empower The youth to start producing what they are capable of, farming, science and Tech, Engineering, fashion, etc
so na Tinubu go produce what we can consume? Is it not our collective efforts to produce what we can consume? Who imports virtually everything into Nigeria? Obi and his brothers are on the top list. They are the chief importers killing the naira. We have bags of local rice been produce in Nigeria but they prefer to buy foreign rice and then quote the price to show Nigerians how the price of a bag of rice is going high. If Obi knows what to do, he should start by producing Ovaltine here in Nigeria, instead of importing it.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Basicend: 9:08pm On Aug 14, 2023
Rubbish people.

They said they wanted to make equal both ends. . Only for us to be meeting 1 USD @#945 in black market and official rates states #765.

Why variance of about #200? Same thing Buhari did. .

These guys are playing us for a fool. . Nonsense.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by LordAdam16: 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2023
BreconHills:

However even with a low reserve and well-heeled FX hoarders - Government can hurt those buying about the 800 mark in a major way. I believe this is what they will start doing to force down the USD. How long they can sustain it is anyone's guess but every day without the subsidy is saving us an at -the- end of the month $1.3bn. Some of which can be applied to the naira defense. Some hoarders will start releasing FX immediately after this warning - like I said those who have bought at the highest recent rates.

So a transient relief, then?

They spend a couple billions of $ to drive down the rates. It lasts until the Ember months rush, then we have a whiplash. As it clearly is not sustainable. CBN's recently divulged accounts are not reassuring.

For the avoidance of doubt, subsidies are back. For the currency market and gasoline. The $1.3B/mo saving you alluded to will evaporate. I should also point out that the minimum wage increase is yet to be effected.

How will the FG and states pay for that after the reintroduction of subsidies?

The Ag CBN Governor is obviously acting under duress. This is not a viable plan, but he has to indulge the fella in Aso Rock. Does that remind of you of a certain someone currently in DSS custody? Tinubu desperately needs a win and tanking our ailing reserves will be yet another reckless, unforced error.

I'm curious to see what these magical measures are.

-Lord
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by godofuck231: 9:36pm On Aug 14, 2023
1. Open the boarders and make it compulsory to trade in naira only
2. Repossess the nigerian electricity power authority company (NEPA)
3. Recruit massively and used the new workforce for repairs of the nigerian refineries
4. Drop the price of petroleum products
5. Remove excess tax and import tariff on car import
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Luckysbab: 9:45pm On Aug 14, 2023
azpekuliar:

If APC can’t do it they should get out of the way, nobody is going back to PDP. If LP doesn’t fix it we try APM

Obviously, we want the same result - development of the nation.

However, it’s only rational to be objective, even when criticizing. You can’t be condemning the current man in charge just after so short a time after we are all agreed the immediate past president really messed things up further than he met it.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by okechuks22: 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2023
Toothless bull dogs
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by ibinaboonline: 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2023
Whatever the measures, na some policies to strangle ordinary Nigerians even more. Mark my words. They're thinking up new ways to make the average Nigerian pay.
Akwamkpuruamu:
Measures like
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Incredible128: 9:47pm On Aug 14, 2023
Una don add Buhari grin grin grin grin if Tinubu comot, una go add him name join grin grin clowns cheesy grin grin grin
IconicR:
Mynd44 nlfpmod please rush it to front page let them see that work is going on underground.
Asiwaju is truly working, it's just Jonathan and Buhari's mess that brought us where we are.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Emmycul1: 9:49pm On Aug 14, 2023
Which measures again, hope say no b another suffering pro max they want put people again
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by azpekuliar: 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2023
Luckysbab:

Obviously, we want the same result - development of the nation.

However, it’s only rational to be objective, even when criticizing. You can’t be condemning the current man in charge just after so short a time after we are all agreed the immediate past president really messed things up further than he met it.

I am not fixated on the man in charge, I am fixated on the party and judging by their record which is below dismal

1 Like

Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by kushme: 10:26pm On Aug 14, 2023
alezzy13:

It's a no brainer. Our choices have to be any of the following:

a. Start printing dollars tongue
b. Reduce our import (or ban certain items)
c. Increase our exports
d. Use our foreign reserves to meet the demand (artificially defending the naira)
e. ?

grin @ a. Shey we be America junior brother?

As for e. Borrow more money from China/ other places.
f. Cut government spending..
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Iamzik: 10:49pm On Aug 14, 2023
Putinofrussia:

The defending and co that made CBN get indebted to JP Morgan and co to the tune of $15 billion...fifteen billion dollars shocked.
Almost half of the Nigerian reserve.
Emefiele supported by Buhari has really decimated Nigeria gravely.

Nigeria is gravely short of forex making the supply of dollar small and shooting up the value of dollar to Naira.

I really pity Tinubu but I trustt he will pull Nigeria out of this doldrum.This one will require the real...no pain,no gain Marxim.
All of us are just impatient grin

Na Tinubu supposen dey pity you bro
He doesn't buy fuel or food with his money

He gets everything he wants at the expense of government plus he will continue to share billions with national assembly.

You better wake up. How did singing buhari praise improve your life after 8 years
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Fidecoo(m): 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
Mynd44 nlfpmod please rush it to front page let them see that work is going on underground.
Asiwaju is truly working, it's just Jonathan and Buhari's mess that brought us where we are.

I swear, my anger towards you is beginning to grow everyday by day.
What are you really benefiting from this government, pls??

Like serious
Brief me small abeg.
Because all I am seeing is just an evil,wicked selfish and self compensating /self centered /self enriching government.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by imoh4king(m): 10:59pm On Aug 14, 2023
alezzy13:

Seriously? QE at such galloping inflation like ours?? shocked which kin economic theory be this?

Its just one method.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Mountbatten: 11:17pm On Aug 14, 2023
AllenSpencer:
I pity those who have assets and savings in Naira.

So basically every Nigerian?
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Luckysbab: 11:21pm On Aug 14, 2023
azpekuliar:

I am not fixated on the man in charge, I am fixated on the party and judging by their record which is below dismal

It doesn’t change the fact that the man in charge needs to be given a chance.

I mean he’s there already.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by justtoodark: 11:25pm On Aug 14, 2023
what measures....??

you wan print dollars yourselves....??
why promise such things....
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Dybala11(m): 1:28am On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
What measures please??
The country has been getting worse under this administration and the only thing the leaders and their cronies like you have offered Nigerians are excuses. I guess it was Jonathan that made the Naira to be devalued from ₦200+ or so to ₦900+ now. Like PDP like APC, bunch of thieves.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Dybala11(m): 1:30am On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
Are you a hater of good news, keep asking questions.
What measures are you talking about??
You're defending something you yourself have no clue about, it's either you're getting paid to do this or you're just a senseless troll.
Measures taken don turn to secret cult matter now. You go explain tire, bring your evidence for the measures taken.
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Dybala11(m): 1:32am On Aug 15, 2023
Alchemy528:
I will believe unless I see a small token according to what they said, then I will concor
So you're waiting for prayers to land in your inbox or what?? 😂😂😂
Re: CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash by Dybala11(m): 1:34am On Aug 15, 2023
Righthussle:
Dear deputy god, your prayer never still work oo. Hahhahahaha
Actually the prayer is getting answered, it's increasing or rising everyday aka getting devalued. It was around ₦200+ or so in 2015, now it's almost ₦1,000. 😂😂😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar Wedding Dinner In Abuja (Photos) / Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy / Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.