Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,154 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol (50259 Views)

BREAKING: Tinubu Considers Temporary Subsidy On Petrol / Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed / Peter Obi Speaks On Petrol Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Luckysbab: 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2023
Flets:
This has to be the most clueless president ever globally.

How else can one explain this failure of a man after putting the largest assembly of the black race through intense pains

Poilicy reviews do not happen in the developed nation. In fact, America didn't review their 20 year policy on Afghanistan. How are you this brilliant. Amazing!
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Deciceco01: 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2023
festacman:
The good thing about eating one's words is that it doesn't make one fat.

However, this new development even if it is being considered is a red flag that President Tinubu is not as prepared for governance as he campaigned. Unfortunately, not appearing for media interactions or debate didn't help. That President Tinubu knew he would implement the removal of subsidy and floating of Naira soon after inauguration but had no plans to manage the consequences of the these major policy shift paints a scary picture about his future policies.

My suggestion is that Tinubu could go on and appoint Wale Edun the Finance minister as well as appoint his President Economic Team for the usual armchair 'economic indicators' advice. However, he should he headhunt for some young hothead economists and financial experts and place them under his office to serve as his thinktank in brainstorming on policies, creating scenarios, doing risk-benefit analyses, SWOT Analysis, etc to give him the big picture and bird eye view advantages. We need practical ideas from thinking out of box to solve our problems here rather than some textbooks stuff.

How on earth is value of Naira falling and the CBN is speaking grammar. How about rolling about plans with sincere incentives to encourage the local production and exports to cure our trade deficits. Nothing is happening in our economy at the moment. We are just selling crude oil. What about other solid natural minerals? If we share borders with Niger, are we sure we don't have uranium?

I will like to admit that you are one among this administration supporter on this forum that is being not too bias about our national issues. Sometimes we have to keep party politics and speak truth to government issues, because Nigeria is our own if it succeed is all of us and if fails is all of us. True true there are lapses in this administration that needs urgent attention if not many supporters of this administration will withdraw their support
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:56pm On Aug 15, 2023
Druss:
I will be very disappointed in Tinubu if this is true. He clearly didn't think this through.

There is no difference between a temporary subsidy and subsidy.
These people are too dull, they don't think critically and consult with experts before taking decisions

Very terrible and appalling
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by 7lives: 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2023
obinnanelson04:
I believe that those who benefited from the subsidy regime are holding this nation to ransom.

Most of them don't know Jack.
The thunder wey go faya most of them dey inside incubator.
May be they've not heard of Venezuela, an oil producing country like Nigeria.
The venezuelan currencies are so useless, a man in this pix is making artworks with the money.
Transactions are done in dollars, the currency has lost value.
The earlier Nigerians wake up, the better, that there's no more free lunch.
It's about time people do away with all their excess loads, if not, na dat loads go kill them.
Nigerians don't bother about the future, the future is here, the future is here to settle scores, with those who have no regards for the future.

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by 7lives: 10:07pm On Aug 15, 2023
HBB1:

Very intelligent submission!

Agreed, no more subsidy or intervention of any kind.
Hard way is the only way.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by hupo: 10:17pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
E don choke the werey

This further proves that this man is empty

He never had plans at first

If he had plans he won’t rush to make that announcement

Na overhyping kill Ebola

Omo, you go kill person with mouth!
Master strategist, first class accounting graduate from Chicago, a man with track records, he built Lagos yen yen yen

Just watch the same miscreants that was shouting subsidy is gone for good will align with subsidy extension now

Confused leader and his brainwashed minions

He heard Obi talking about subsidy removal you didn’t even ask Obi how and what plans

He just copied and paste Obi’s words

INEC carry mandate sell give person wey him peniss no dey stand to rule a whole me

Omo
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Kpajieego: 10:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
E don choke the werey

Na overhyping kill Ebola

Master strategist, first class accounting graduate from Chicago, a man with track records, he built Lagos yen yen yen

Just watch the same miscreants that was shouting subsidy is gone for good will align with subsidy extension now

He heard Obi talking about subsidy removal you didn’t even ask Obi how and what plans

INEC carry mandate sell give person wey him peniss no dey stand to rule a whole me.... Poor u my dear rich me lol. Jagaban na obote

Omo
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by anyilalaz: 10:20pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
E don choke the werey

Na overhyping kill Ebola

INEC carry mandate sell give person wey him peniss no dey stand to rule a whole me

Omo

Please, rather call him a book keeper.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by 7lives: 10:20pm On Aug 15, 2023
Abufo:

Have you heard of state capture before? The fulanis have your so called nation in a vice like grip! Instead of opening up their lands for the exploitation of their abundant solid minerals,they will rather invite western vampire firms to surreptitiously mine these minerals under the cover of boko haram and Banditry activities.........we know the game!

As for Tinubu, his battle for legitimacy seems to be driving his policies! many of which are contradictory.........He devalued the naira by allowing it to float but at the same time you pour more naira ( 500 billion palliative)into a system already awash with trillions of naira that clueless buhari borrowed ! Trust our corrupt Politicians they have cornered a huge chunk of the palliatives and as usual they all want to change their loot into forex for onward transfer to dubai .London etc Inflation is in full bloom now .........temporary subsidy will never bring the prices down again!

You mean Fulani are holding you down?.
I give up, as a man thinketh, so he is in his heart.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by HoneySwag(f): 10:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
It's now obvious that many Nigerians never understood the meaning of fuel subsidy.
When Tinubu, Atiku and Obi were all saying they'd remove fuel subsidy, nobody asked them the way forward.
Removing fuel subsidy is never the solution, even if it may be the solution then the refinery must be ready. Every Nigerian benefits from fuel subsidy cos that's like the foundation of the economy. Production of goods and services requires fuel. Transporting goods requires fuel, so once the price of fuel goes up, it eventually affects every area in the economy.
Subsidizing education, health care, etc not everyone visit those sectors but the least man in the society visits the market to purchase goods because he must survive.
I have never been in support of the removal of fuel subsidy except the refinery is made available or the monopoly is removed from NNPC to bring in other suppliers into the market.
We're in a country that the government doesn't take into consideration the average man before imposing policies that completely breaks down the average man. It's so unfair

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by 7lives: 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2023
Druss:
I will be very disappointed in Tinubu if this is true. He clearly didn't think this through.

There is no difference between a temporary subsidy and subsidy.

My pain is those who will smuuggle the fuel out are lurking in the shadow.
Some of them are reading as I'm typing this.
The problem of this country is not just corruption, selfishness, greed, chop and quench should be added.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:31pm On Aug 15, 2023
7lives:

My pain is those who will smuuggle the fuel out are lurking in the shadow.
Some of them are reading as I'm typing this.
The problem of this country is not just corruption, selfishness, greed, chop and quench should be added.
Business as usual

Nothing different, nothing special

Status quo remains
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by ezewealth(m): 10:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
festacman:
The good thing about eating one's words is that it doesn't make one fat.

However, this new development even if it is being considered is a red flag that President Tinubu is not as prepared for governance as he campaigned. Unfortunately, not appearing for media interactions or debate didn't help. That President Tinubu knew he would implement the removal of subsidy and floating of Naira soon after inauguration but had no plans to manage the consequences of the these major policy shift paints a scary picture about his future policies.

My suggestion is that Tinubu could go on and appoint Wale Edun the Finance minister as well as appoint his President Economic Team for the usual armchair 'economic indicators' advice. However, he should he headhunt for some young hothead economists and financial experts and place them under his office to serve as his thinktank in brainstorming on policies, creating scenarios, doing risk-benefit analyses, SWOT Analysis, etc to give him the big picture and bird eye view advantages. We need practical ideas from thinking out of box to solve our problems here rather than some textbooks stuff.

How on earth is value of Naira falling and the CBN is speaking grammar. How about rolling about plans with sincere incentives to encourage the local production and exports to cure our trade deficits. Nothing is happening in our economy at the moment. We are just selling crude oil. What about other solid natural minerals? If we share borders with Niger, are we sure we don't have uranium?
Nigeria have uranium, in large quantities self
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Mosba: 10:45pm On Aug 15, 2023
If that happens, it's safe to say Tinubu',s plan to govern Nigeria has shattered and the consequences will even be worse.
There is no way prices of food items are coming back down to what they used to be. Does that means no salary increment? Shameful
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by jaxxy(m): 10:54pm On Aug 15, 2023
These people are clowns

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by toneroforever(m): 11:07pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
You be capital Olodo. This news is not confirmed yet. However, let's even assume it is confirmed.

Where in the world is it wrong for you to make a policy which is targeted at helping the economy and then reverse or modify the policy when the outcome of the policy has certain serious effects.

This is the kind of man we want to lead us as a Nation. A Leader that wants the best for the Nation
A Leader that can make bold positive moves
A Leader that can quickly assess the impact of his policies and seek ways to make things better
A Leader that listens

I have said over and over that the problem we have in Nigeria is not anyone's mate. And Tinubu is the man that can at least build the foundation for a better Nigeria. I have always maintained the stand that some policies might be reversed and some modified depending on outcomes.

Not one Liar, Pretender and Olodo that came on live TV to say that there is nothing bad in not building infrastructure for 8 years as Governor. That Guy and the people that follow him sheepishly annoy me to the bones. How can a people be so gullible.

Oga, ur ranting is unnecessary.
Ur principal is fumbling on all fronts in less than 3 months in office.....

1) Subsidy removal created hyper inflation and more hardship.
2) Dollar rate is almost $1000 yet u vilified GEJ when it was 200./$
3) Tinubu's ECOWAS preference for military intervention in Niger's internal affairs thereby fighting France's proxy war.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Calitoscassius(m): 11:12pm On Aug 15, 2023
Agbero and agbado government. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by okechuks22: 11:23pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
E don choke the werey

Na overhyping kill Ebola

Omo
God no go shame us

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Emola12(m): 11:35pm On Aug 15, 2023
Another lost of sense

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by iyke2frankeze: 11:45pm On Aug 15, 2023
He is more confused than Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Phraences: 12:05am On Aug 16, 2023
BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA.

Which way Nigeria?

I don't envy the president at this moment. Buhari removed subsidy, Tinubu went to foolishly take credit. Plus how can you float the naira at the same time subsidy is removed. Double wahala for dead body.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Ilekokonit: 12:05am On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:
E don choke the werey

first class accounting graduate from Chicago

I don't believe any self respecting drug baron will have sat for the accounting exams himself. A criminally minded Tinubu will never have subjected himself to the mental discipline and rigor necessary to obtain a first class and IF he does have a degree of any class, he obtained it fraudulently as his academic records right from the non existent Aroloya primary school in Lagos, to him lying that he went to Government College Ibadan (where his name is not found any where in the school register) and no known classmate has come out to confirm him as their classmate and the school principal had to seize the school register for the purported years of Tinubu's attendance and abscond with it into hiding to prevent the media scrutinizing the register for Tinubu's name.

This made Tinubu in his second term INEC forms to shamefully write not applicable (N/A) in answer to the questions about his primary and secondary schools on his INEC form.

How Nigeria allowed a KNOWN DRUG LORD and THIEF in the person of Tinubu to become its president still baffles me and although I know we worship money in Nigeria, but this is the lowest we can go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Hopebringer: 1:03am On Aug 16, 2023
Luckysbab:

America that reversed their 20 year policy on Afghanistan must have had unprepared leaders at the helm of affairs all that time, going by your childish logic.

You are a fool, but you are even too dull to realize that yet.

You are so stupid it is painful to read your nonsense. And the amazin thing is that the useless iliterate that you are thought you were makin sense after typing thos nonsense.

You are daft uncivilised barbaric iliterate and a complete fool. I am sure you smell and live on extreme poor conditions to reason this way.

Very wretched disgusting pig that you are . Otherwise how can you in your low iq having corn munching baboon brain think you can compare a 20 year policy with a 2 month policy are you not a daft retàrded monkey?

Ugly uneducated corn munching street pig like you.
No lie having failure of a bastard think you can just open your stupid mouth and type rubbish
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by HBB1(m): 1:22am On Aug 16, 2023
7lives:

Agreed, no more subsidy or intervention of any kind.
Hard way is the only way.

Truth is Nigeria is fvcked!

It will take at least 16 years of a (continuous) good governance to get back on track.

We have made a big about turn since Obasanjo was President.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Yinkusgold: 1:49am On Aug 16, 2023
Kukutente23:

It is called iku ti n pa ojuba eni

Owe ni n paa fun 'ni ..... you gerrit......
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Yinkusgold: 1:58am On Aug 16, 2023
leokid866:
you mean the same Kenya they started protesting when we removed our subsidy and they realized they couldn't buy cheap fuel from us anymore?

I heard Cameroonians protesting.

Kenya has returned subsidy to cushion the effects of skyrocketing price.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Luckysbab: 2:14am On Aug 16, 2023
Hopebringer:

You are so stupid it is painful to read your nonsense. And the amazin thing is that the useless iliterate that you are thought you were makin sense after typing thos nonsense.

You are daft uncivilised barbaric iliterate and a complete fool. I am sure you smell and live on extreme poor conditions to reason this way.

Very wretched disgusting pig that you are . Otherwise how can you in your low iq having corn munching baboon brain think you can compare a 20 year policy with a 2 month policy are you not a daft retàrded monkey?

Ugly uneducated corn munching street pig like you.
No lie having failure of a bastard think you can just open your stupid mouth and type rubbish

Okay dullard
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by wildernessVoice: 2:22am On Aug 16, 2023
obinnanelson04:
I believe that those who benefited from the subsidy regime are holding this nation to ransom.

Oga, even you too benefitted when you were buying pms at lower prices.
The excuse of other countries enjoying the fuel we subsidized shows weakness of Government in securing our borders.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Whalis: 2:49am On Aug 16, 2023
Abufo:

which concensus?
All if them agreed subsidy must go.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Corea4king(m): 7:11am On Aug 16, 2023
Nothing like subsidy, fight corruption, subsidy will go.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by MrSly(m): 8:06am On Aug 16, 2023
Jomonix:

Temporary subsidy on petroleum is not the way to go. Government should try and sanitize the purchase and supply chain associated with the diesel and PMS business. The inherent corruption should be addressed
Address corruption indeed. Who will address the corruption? Tinubu? Shettima? Former governors-ministers? Yakubu? Who on earth in this administration will address corruption?

Sanitize the purchase and supply chain, maybe you mean to force the major dealers to sell at a price below their cost price. Government says the removed subsidy when they are aware that there was no subsidy in the first place. Fuel are imported at a price less than 100 naira but they artificially inflate the price. So subsidy removal imaginary and it is a way government has made the masses to pay more for the product so as to generate more money for looting. Until some body with the right mindset comes in, there won't any result.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by MrSly(m): 8:12am On Aug 16, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
You be capital Olodo. This news is not confirmed yet. However, let's even assume it is confirmed.

Where in the world is it wrong for you to make a policy which is targeted at helping the economy and then reverse or modify the policy when the outcome of the policy has certain serious effects.

This is the kind of man we want to lead us as a Nation. A Leader that wants the best for the Nation
A Leader that can make bold positive moves
A Leader that can quickly assess the impact of his policies and seek ways to make things better
A Leader that listens

I have said over and over that the problem we have in Nigeria is not anyone's mate. And Tinubu is the man that can at least build the foundation for a better Nigeria. I have always maintained the stand that some policies might be reversed and some modified depending on outcomes.

Not one Liar, Pretender and Olodo that came on live TV to say that there is nothing bad in not building infrastructure for 8 years as Governor. That Guy and the people that follow him sheepishly annoy me to the bones. How can a people be so gullible.
Your life is miserable because you have no mind of your own. Either your stomach or your emotion or both rules your life and that is no life at all. Begin to live as you stop just existing in other people's shadow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Saraki To VP: "I Cannot Be Summoned By A 'Mere Commissioner" - SaharaReporters / Sylvia Ekweremadu, Deputy Senate President's Daughter, In Lovely Pictures / Dino Melaye Chilling On Dangotes' Yacht

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.