Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol (50221 Views)

BREAKING: Tinubu Considers Temporary Subsidy On Petrol / Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed / Peter Obi Speaks On Petrol Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by lildush(m): 7:57pm On Aug 15, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 u don dey get sense abi?
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by kunkelhanspeter(m): 8:02pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
You be capital Olodo. This news is not confirmed yet. However, let's even assume it is confirmed.

Where in the world is it wrong for you to make a policy which is targeted at helping the economy and then reverse or modify the policy when the outcome of the policy has certain serious effects.

This is the kind of man we want to lead us as a Nation. A Leader that wants the best for the Nation
A Leader that can make bold positive moves
A Leader that can quickly assess the impact of his policies and seek ways to make things better
A Leader that listens

I have said over and over that the problem we have in Nigeria is not anyone's mate. And Tinubu is the man that can at least build the foundation for a better Nigeria. I have always maintained the stand that some policies might be reversed and some modified depending on outcomes.

Not one Liar, Pretender and Olodo that came on live TV to say that there is nothing bad in not building infrastructure for 8 years as Governor. That Guy and the people that follow him sheepishly annoy me to the bones. How can a people be so gullible.

Why is Obi giving you guys so much headache?
His not the president why can’t you make your point and move on
Was he the only contender? Happy all of us are buying fuel 700 .

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by chrisblack1234: 8:04pm On Aug 15, 2023
He has no plan for Nigerians..I swear..empty head..
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
E don choke the werey

This further proves that this man is empty

He never had plans at first

If he had plans he won’t rush to make that announcement

Na overhyping kill Ebola

Master strategist, first class accounting graduate from Chicago, a man with track records, he built Lagos yen yen yen

Just watch the same miscreants that was shouting subsidy is gone for good will align with subsidy extension now

Confused leader and his brainwashed minions

He heard Obi talking about subsidy removal you didn’t even ask Obi how and what plans

He just copied and paste Obi’s words

INEC carry mandate sell give person wey him peniss no dey stand to rule a whole me

Omo

The many fools who concluded that Lagos is a beautiful place also developed a useless thought that he would make Nigeria look like Lagos....
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by NaughtyBrainiac: 8:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
kunkelhanspeter:

Why is Obi giving you guys so much headache?
His not the president why can’t you make your point and move on
Was he the only contender? Happy all of us are buying fuel 700 .
He is the only one trying to force himself on Nigerians. It is only his followers that have decided to be wailing everywhere on the Internet.

Are the reasons not simple enough for you empty heads to understand.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Blaze14k: 8:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Yes! I will stop defending him when he makes wrong decisions everytime and when I see that he doesn't want the progress of the Nation.

For now, Tinubu till 2031

You can't say he don't want the progress of the nation. His policies are not working cos it lacks proper implementation. But we told u guys he has nothing to and u called us ipob terrorist. Now who is terrorising the nation
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Solowise0814: 8:09pm On Aug 15, 2023
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by bhella10: 8:10pm On Aug 15, 2023
One thing I have come to understand about some people is that wailing is a curse they have to live with. They just can't help it. It has become a "baraku". On Asiwaju's mandate we stand! God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by fineboynl(m): 8:13pm On Aug 15, 2023
leokid866:
Oga is like you did not realize our creditors were already closing in on our assets meanwhile we were spending 1Trillion naira every two months to give other African Nations cheap fuel while using 92% of our revenue to service debts....for a good part of the year many states had to borrow to pay staff.....there's no level of subsidy that doesn't lead us back to that path......this whole thing has to be a bad joke
but tinubu want to go to war and opkabia is sharing billions
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by John4B: 8:17pm On Aug 15, 2023
Where are those he did it in Lagos?
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Lincton: 8:22pm On Aug 15, 2023
Policy readjustment shows that our president is compassionate.
Policy can be reconsidered having seen that it's not yeilding the desired results.
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on your mandate we stand forever.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by int0x80(m): 8:23pm On Aug 15, 2023
Clueless old druggie has no idea what exactly to do with his stolen mandate. Trial and error president grin grin
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by otipoju(m): 8:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
jackcanfield:
I honestly don't know the way out, you remove subsidy smuggling will start, you leave subsidy the western nations would use your economy as tooth pick to remove meat ... The only problem I see here is lack of planning and strategy ...and sadly Nigerian are natural crooks... No matter how hard you try to straighten things, they will always break the checks and systems.

Subsidy is the effect of a bigger problem. That we are an oil producing country that does not refine its crude oil.

Had he mounted the rostrum and said we are going to build 5 refineries within three years. Everyone will be upbeat.

Shipping is expensive but we have zero business importing fuel. Until that anomaly is rectified, we will be at the mercy of the Importers and Marketers.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by mikeapollo: 8:25pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
E don choke the werey

Na overhyping kill Ebola

Master strategist, first class accounting graduate from Chicago, a man with track records, he built Lagos yen yen yen

Just watch the same miscreants that was shouting subsidy is gone for good will align with subsidy extension now

He heard Obi talking about subsidy removal you didn’t even ask Obi how and what plans

INEC carry mandate sell give person wey him peniss no dey stand to rule a whole me

Omo

You are damn right!
Tinubu has been clueless and reckless in handling the economy. He is over hyped junkie.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by splendournoni: 8:28pm On Aug 15, 2023
This guy has nothing to offer, what he was busy shouting was "it's my time" no plans for anything...

Any busy supporting this government is just an enemy for progress, imagine wishing Buhari should have continued, no wonder he said he wanted to build on what what Buhari started
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by t2luv1: 8:28pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
E don choke the werey

Na overhyping kill Ebola

Omo

As a Software Engineer, the first rule of implementation of a new process is to do a beta testing of the process, before moving into the actual Production environment. This current administration failed woefully in this regard. There must have been some reasons why all the previous administrations never implemented or discussed subsidy removal. It wasn't because all the previous administrations were made up of stupid people, but rather it was because they all knew or had some faint ideas regarding what the ramifications of the subsidy removal might entail. A plan was put in place without analysis, and worse never communicated and debated. Like I keep saying this is exactly what you can expect to get when a Country decided to elect and put a single-digit IQ person as President.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Nebes: 8:29pm On Aug 15, 2023
festacman:
The good thing about eating one's words is that it doesn't make one fat.

However, this new development even if it is being considered is a red flag that President Tinubu is not as prepared for governance as he campaigned. Unfortunately, not appearing for media interactions or debate didn't help. That President Tinubu knew he would implement the removal of subsidy and floating of Naira soon after inauguration but had no plans to manage the consequences of the these major policy shift paints a scary picture about his future policies.

My suggestion is that Tinubu could go on and appoint Wale Edun the Finance minister as well as appoint his President Economic Team for the usual armchair 'economic indicators' advice. However, he should he headhunt for some young hothead economists and financial experts and place them under his office to serve as his thinktank in brainstorming on policies, creating scenarios, doing risk-benefit analyses, SWOT Analysis, etc to give him the big picture and bird eye view advantages. We need practical ideas from thinking out of box to solve our problems here rather than some textbooks stuff.

How on earth is value of Naira falling and the CBN is speaking grammar. How about rolling about plans with sincere incentives to encourage the local production and exports to cure our trade deficits. Nothing is happening in our economy at the moment. We are just selling crude oil. What about other solid natural minerals? If we share borders with Niger, are we sure we don't have uranium?

How do you help a man who left a "carefully" scripted inaugural speech to comment on such a sensitive matter as subsidy removal? Within the first hour of his tenure he threw the whole nation into unrelenting pain and confusion.

It's clear that he is proud and carelessly impulsive. No amount of advisers can help him.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by MountHoreb: 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
E don choke the werey

Na overhyping kill Ebola

Omo

Very empty skull
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by InvertedHammer: 8:31pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
E don choke the werey

Na overhyping kill Ebola

Omo
/

Nigerians love to challenge God.

They throw themselves into fire and start wailing and asking God for water.

God cannot be mocked. Let the suffering continue a beg. Who dies first loses.

/

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by frankson1(m): 8:33pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
You be capital Olodo. This news is not confirmed yet. However, let's even assume it is confirmed.

Where in the world is it wrong for you to make a policy which is targeted at helping the economy and then reverse or modify the policy when the outcome of the policy has certain serious effects.

This is the kind of man we want to lead us as a Nation. A Leader that wants the best for the Nation
A Leader that can quickly assess the impact of his policies and seek ways to make things better
A Leader that listens

I have said over and over that the problem we have in Nigeria is not anyone's mate. And Tinubu is the man that can at least build the foundation for a better Nigeria. I have always maintained the stand that some policies might be reversed and some modified depending on outcomes.

Not one Liar, Pretender and Olodo that came on live TV to say that there is nothing bad in not building infrastructure for 8 years as Governor. That Guy and the people that follow him sheepishly annoy me to the bones. How can a people be so gullible.

The first sensible comment on this thread.

There's always room for review of oúr decisions.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by sniperr007(m): 8:34pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
E don choke the werey

Na overhyping kill Ebola

Omo

Sha make he strengthen naira again.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by otipoju(m): 8:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
jackcanfield:
I honestly don't know the way out, you remove subsidy smuggling will start, you leave subsidy the western nations would use your economy as tooth pick to remove meat ... The only problem I see here is lack of planning and strategy ...and sadly Nigerian are natural crooks... No matter how hard you try to straighten things, they will always break the checks and systems.

Subsidy is the effect of a bigger problem. That we are an oil producing country that does not refine its crude oil.

Had he mounted the rostrum and said we are going to build 5 refineries within three years. Everyone will be upbeat.

Shipping is expensive but we have zero business importing fuel. Until that anomaly is rectified, we will be at the merc9y of the Importers and Marketers.1z 12,000

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by MountHoreb: 8:37pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
We are not astonished by you people's comment.

You were wailing and bullying people before APC primaries, Waling and bullying before general elections, Wailing , foaming in the mouth after elections.

All of you will continue to wail, foam in the mouths and develop HBP forever and ever grin grin grin

Wail on people

Will you just shut that your stinking dirty gutter. If it's Peter Obi that crumbled our economy like your Ojota Accountant, you would have cursed him and his generation. Just look at the push and start government in power doing trial and error with the economy and you have the silly guts to spew trash to defend them. Rubbish.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by ojobek: 8:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
[/b] Summarily,ONE STEP FORWARD,THREE STEP BACKWARD.
NaughtyBrainiac:
[b]You be capital Olodo. This news is not confirmed yet. However, let's even assume it is confirmed.

A Leader that listens

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by didymario7(m): 8:41pm On Aug 15, 2023
Basicend:
This man doesn't understand the pressure ruling 200m people. . He thought it was Lagos State.

He is already re-considering artificial influx of Forex into the market to mitigate it's scarcity and reduce naira devaluation, may be.

Now, he is already positioning for a reverse of the subsidy removal initiative.

Truth, that he didnt realize is that if he does not do both things now, the economy and the naira will completely collapse within the next 2 months max.

It has gotten to the extreme of the wall.

Perhaps, and I believe mostly likely that Buhari regime made thing very difficult for him, but he has not shown enough capacity or sensitivity to bear the burdens of the people. The leakages and arbitrarily spending of the executive and the legislature has not been be fixed or even looked at.

If he does not address that matter of the welfare of the masses in a gross way, thereby bearing the burden of the people, he will not be able to withstand the load of the consequece.

He is quite a responsive man, but nothing can really be achieved with corruption are the core of processing.

You are making sense. Charity must start from home. Any President who is saying we should endure without first addressing the current executive and legislative financial recklessness will fail woefully. The reforms must start at the top!
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Atlantis585: 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
Eyes don dey clear Crooknibu and BATstards.

Hand dey shake
Leg dey shake
Baba wey no well for head e dey shout Emilokan! grin
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by ojobek: 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
Did you just call our president Ojota Accountant,I disagreed.HE IS BOOK KEEPER MY LORD.END OF QUOTE.
MountHoreb:

Will you just shut that your stinking dirty gutter. If it's Peter Obi that crumbled our economy like your Ojota Accountant, you would have cursed him and his generation. Just look at the push and start government in power doing trial and error with the economy and you have the silly guts to spew trash to defend them. Rubbish.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Chukwumawisdom: 8:48pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:

A Leader that listens

See Capital olodo
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 15, 2023
To! Here comes the favour!
grin grin grin

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Atlantis585: 8:50pm On Aug 15, 2023
Werey BATstards don go deaf and dumb for this topic.

Soon one of them will blame all the apparent incompetence of Crooknibu on IPOB, Igbos or Biafrans.

The man no get brain at all only if na for drug dealing, money laundering, thieving, electoral fraud, and lying e for get 1st Class.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by OLAPROSPER4(m): 8:52pm On Aug 15, 2023
Abagworo:

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-tinubu-considering-temporary-subsidy-on-petrol-as-landing-cost-rises/amp

Most Nigerians don't understand the politics behind the removal of subsidy on PMS. Some even said it was Peter Obi's idea! Isn't that hilarious? Technically, it wasn't even President Tinubu who removed it. The budgetary allocation for subsidy ended in June 2023. Be that as it may, I would only give this administration commendation if they are able to reposition at least two of the nation's refineries to optimal performance.
Temporal subsidizing to ease the current hardship would only make sense if the refineries are worked on.

God bless me.

God bless you.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
IbeOkehie:
To bring back fuel subsidy will be a TERRIBLE MISTAKE. The government should be making LAWS to scrap ALL subsidies and price controls and also selling off all public owned and /or controlled companies, especially those owned by the Federal Government....including bridges, airports, hospitals and universities and schools of every kind. If owning ANYTHING is allowed for government, let it be State and local governments.

Establish or complete a biometric register of ALL Nigerians.

Abolish the Land Use Act and revert all lands to the tribes and people.

Abolish all income tax, both corporate and individual. Implement a small VAT and fixed property SALE tax on assets such as cars and boats and land and quoted shares.

OR

Implement a small, slightly progressive and FLAT income tax with no exemptions or exceptions.

Basically make any income taxes small, no more than 10% TOTAL and inclusive of Federal, State and LGA.

FLOAT THE NAIRA immediately...anyone can sell their forex to whomsoever they wish at whatever price.

Seriously study and figure out a way to drastically reduce money supply. Either adopt the US DOLLAR or Bitcoin or set up an immutable formula for the CBN to follow in printing money. Any money printed will be divvied up and distributed directly and equally to ALL Nigerians. Or maybe Nigerians who wish should be entitled to borrow from the CBN at prevailing interest rate. Just something to stop inflationary expansion of money supply. It can be done.

Do all the above and Nigeria will become a prosperous middle income country within 12 years. Nigeria needs radically FREE MARKETS, nothing else can make the country productive and rich.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

In summary he should fight corruption.

In one word You want him to eliminate corruption. You don't really need to sell the govt asset.

You can create solid structure, institutions, systems that will make it almost impossible to engage in sharp corrupt practices that run organisations to the ground. Where everything will be digitally monitored transparently.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. / Fact Check: Did Tinubu Change His Name From Yekini Amoda Ogunlere? / Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.