Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol (50128 Views)

BREAKING: Tinubu Considers Temporary Subsidy On Petrol / Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed / Peter Obi Speaks On Petrol Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by yeshuasfootstep(m): 7:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
Medicine after death.

Why didn't you ask Obi how he intend to remove the subsidy?

You just heard other aspirants say they will remove subsidy and that is the first thing you did even when budgeted money for it is still running.

No single refinery was built.

No modular refineries are licensed and encouraged to be producing.

No look into subsidy account to see if actually it is a fraud as being speculated and know how best to position fuel importation.

Even the Dangote refinery I thought will be helped to come on board as promised was abandoned.

Not to talk of matching Jonathan's preparation when he wanted to remove subsidy,which even everyone punishing the people now resisted vehemently.

But if you're honest, you can still remedy the situation by fully subsidizing immediately and implement all the above.

Give few months for your programs on boosting exports to pick up and then remove subsidy.

No body will feel any pain.
May Elohim have mercy on Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by NaughtyBrainiac: 7:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
OChimex:

Give me example?

You only take back a stupid decision. If you have to make a decision and takes it back, then it was a very stupid decision in the first place

Like I said, it’s like a contractor building a house and keep demolishing the house or some part of the house just to amend it.
first, you need to think and map out your plan very well before you start building.
This making policy and taking it back show he was never ready for the job.
At some point, nobody will trust him or any of his policies, because he can always take them back.

Nobody trusts a man whose yes can mean no tomorrow.

Helloooo....

Policies can be reversed or modified. Why o you fed that hard to comprehend
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Nursepepeye(f): 7:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
E don choke the werey

This further proves that this man is empty

He never had plans at first

If he had plans he won’t rush to make that announcement

Na overhyping kill Ebola

Master strategist, first class accounting graduate from Chicago, a man with track records, he built Lagos yen yen yen

Just watch the same miscreants that was shouting subsidy is gone for good will align with subsidy extension now

Confused leader and his brainwashed minions

He heard Obi talking about subsidy removal you didn’t even ask Obi how and what plans

He just copied and paste Obi’s words

INEC carry mandate sell give person wey him peniss no dey stand to rule a whole me

Omo
this is what happens when someone think he can compare Nigeria to a single state, only thing he will achieve is a monumental failure, sebi he said no matter how you people protest ho, he will remove the subsidy, nobody against subsidy but why not put the entire refinenary to work then stop importations before removing it
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by topclem(m): 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
E don choke the werey. Thunder will strike you dead for insulting our president. Omo ale

This further proves that this man is empty

He never had plans at first

If he had plans he won’t rush to make that announcement

Na overhyping kill Ebol thunder will finish you and your mouth

Master strategist, first class accounting graduate from Chicago, a man with track records, he built Lagos yen yen yen

Just watch the same miscreants that was shouting subsidy is gone for good will align with subsidy extension now

Confused leader and his brainwashed minions

He heard Obi talking about subsidy removal you didn’t even ask Obi how and what plans

He just copied and paste Obi’s words

INEC carry mandate sell give person wey him peniss no dey stand to rule a whole me

Omo
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by NaughtyBrainiac: 7:10pm On Aug 15, 2023
shomutuski:

Send your account number, Poverty has rid you of reasoning and sense, before you reply and say you are not broke or a beggar. Think very good about it; I wan help your life.

For Nigeria! una never see anything.
Dem no born you and your generations well to bless someone like me.

How much you wan send? grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Elsueno: 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
Removing subsidy on fuel is one of d very few things tinubu did right, let him no destroy am

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by treatise: 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Snowx: 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
We are not astonished by you people's comment.

You were wailing and bullying people before APC primaries, Waling and bullying before general elections, Wailing , foaming in the mouth after elections.

All of you will continue to wail, foam in the mouths and develop HBP forever and ever grin grin grin

Wail on people

For how much? Like you don't have conscience or you trying to defend your pay masters..beside I observed APC had Mount some counter criticism on various social medias to do the needful, coz I don't see any reason a sane person should be defending this catastrophe called s s leadership.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by OChimex: 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:

Helloooo....

Policies can be reversed or modified. Why o you fed that hard to comprehend

I agree, but only when the policy is stupid or not well planned.

Besides, it only happens often in 3rd world countries.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by NaughtyBrainiac: 7:12pm On Aug 15, 2023
Blaze14k:

Bro u are no longer making any sense. I remember how u guys praised ebola. Now no one is saying anything yet u have the guts to still defend him. I think u are being a little bit hypocritical
Yes! I will stop defending him when he makes wrong decisions everytime and when I see that he doesn't want the progress of the Nation.

For now, Tinubu till 2031
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by lexy2014: 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
You be capital Olodo. This news is not confirmed yet. However, let's even assume it is confirmed.

Where in the world is it wrong for you to make a policy which is targeted at helping the economy and then reverse or modify the policy when the outcome of the policy has certain serious effects.

This is the kind of man we want to lead us as a Nation. A Leader that wants the best for the Nation
A Leader that can make bold positive moves
A Leader that can quickly assess the impact of his policies and seek ways to make things better
A Leader that listens

I have said over and over that the problem we have in Nigeria is not anyone's mate. And Tinubu is the man that can at least build the foundation for a better Nigeria. I have always maintained the stand that some policies might be reversed and some modified depending on outcomes.

Not one Liar, Pretender and Olodo that came on live TV to say that there is nothing bad in not building infrastructure for 8 years as Governor. That Guy and the people that follow him sheepishly annoy me to the bones. How can a people be so gullible.

How is Tinubu A Leader that wants the best for the Nation?

What are the bold positive moves he has made?

How has he "quickly" assessed the impact of his policies and seek ways to make things better?

How is he A Leader that listens?

7 months after election, you are still talking about peter obi as if he won the election. That is strange.

Let's compare Tinubu with his fellow head of state not election candidate except u saying he is still a candidate.

Are u aware that Gen Tchiani came to power in Niger on July 26? In less than 2vweeks, he formed a government and appointed ministers.

Tinubu ECOWAS chairman came to power on may 29 up till now, no government or cabinet.

Yet he wants to go and "restore" democracy in Niger.

Who needs the restoration more?
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by shomutuski(m): 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Dem no born you and your generations well to bless someone like me.

How much you wan send? grin grin grin

Send aza na! No need they swear! No be everyone on nairaland they hussle, some of us they come here during code break
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by lexy2014: 7:21pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Yes! I will stop defending him when he makes wrong decisions everytime and when I see that he doesn't want the progress of the Nation.

For now, Tinubu till 2031

Am glad you admit that you defended him when he "removed" subsidy.

Are you saying that you no longer want to suffer hardship now so that you will enjoy tomorrow?
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by enemyofprogress: 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
It will favour me and my family
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by zinaunreal(m): 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
grin grin grin grin eh Don clear for em eyes
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by NaughtyBrainiac: 7:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
Snowx:

For how much? Like you don't have conscience or you trying to defend your pay masters..beside I observed APC had Mount some counter criticism on various social medias to do the needful, coz I don't see any reason a sane person should be defending this catastrophe called s s leadership.
Where is the catastrophe? You arethe one that needs to check your Brains.

Check your Brains for supporting a Man that said it is not wrong notto build infrastructure for 8 years as Governor
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by NaughtyBrainiac: 7:28pm On Aug 15, 2023
shomutuski:

Send aza na! No need they swear! No be everyone on nairaland they hussle, some of us they come here during code break
Make I send aza for crumbs? grin grin God Forbid

If he sure for you and your generation, name the amount you want to send
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by tollyson: 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2023
This is a very strong proof that this government is confused and lacks the basic knowledge of the enormity of Nigeria's problems. Policy somersault loading...
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by princeadeku(m): 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2023
APC government is a disaster. Tinubu is short of ideas
Try and error cannot work in Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by nairalanda1(m): 7:32pm On Aug 15, 2023
Yep, a leopard cannot change its spots.

If the above is true, it is what I expect secretly. Nigerian governments always return back to failed policies. That's how it started in 1973...let's protect the poor from the effects of the Yom Kippur war OPEC increase in oil prices...and led to us losing 4 refineries and becoming a net importer of fuel.

At the end, Nigerians prefer cheap fuel, and that includes their leaders.

If subsidy comes back, we are back on the road to Sri Lanka.

Ah well, like I was expecting any different before, nko.?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Moneyyman: 7:34pm On Aug 15, 2023
Removing the subsidy was never the issue. The process was.

He should have staggered it; 50%, then another 20%, then 30%.

Allow the economy absorb the shock, while removing the bans on importing some items to allow Nigerians breathe.

But naaah...here we are.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by JaredH: 7:38pm On Aug 15, 2023
90dbest:
I will say it again, Yoruba don't know how to run a modern society, just check their villages. Cos they are not critical thinkers Thats why they are easily swayed by propoganda. Look the whole hype about Tinubu.
but igbos prefer to die here than live in igboland..

what do you have to say about that?
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Sapaz02: 7:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
So obvious he had no idea from the start of his tenure. He should just bring back our subsidy kawai! Case closed.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by JOemmy(m): 7:41pm On Aug 15, 2023
Trial and error master strategist tinibu is really a huge embarrassment to his supporters.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:41pm On Aug 15, 2023
Hit the ground bitting
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by slowice(m): 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2023
Hit the ground running Don hit the ruining grin grin grin

E go ruin until e ruin all urchinns and their family grin

E dey drag car wey e nor sabi drive.... Oya put am for gear let's move.... Oga begin misact
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by nairalanda1(m): 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
The thing Nigerians need to realize is that if subsidy comes back, it won't stop prices of fuel going up.

What would happen is that government would be paying for the price increases. It sounds good and even responsible, until you relaize where the money is coming from.

The money would come from other sectors of the budget. It would come from education, health, security, etc. And it would leave a hole called a deficit. And that hole would be filled by...you guessed it....loans, and more loans. More loans means more debt.

Infact if subsidy was still there, by now we would have gone from paying N300 per liter to N450 per liter and ultimately to N600 per liter.

One reason why I get angry with people who abuse me for supporting subsidy removal is that they cannot see what I see. If we keep the subsidy or bring it back....it would eat our revenue, eat the borrowed money, and eat the money of our great grandchildren not born. And eventually we would run out of money, and IMF would no longer borrow us any money.

And then wahala would descend on us well well.

If subsidy comes back, we would never end importing fuel, because it would not make financial sense to set up a refinery in Nigeria and refine fuel, when government would not let you make a profit because the poor have to breathe.

Once upon a time, there were countries who subsidised everything. Then they ran out of money, then they collaped. The ones that changed to capitalism survived.

Nigerians should stop decieveing themselves that fuel can cost N10 per liter. We cannot pay for fuel to cost N10 per liter. We better wake up and stop lying to ourselves. It is costing us too much effing money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by OzoMiller1(m): 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
Ewu congo
NaughtyBrainiac:
You be capital Olodo. This news is not confirmed yet. However, let's even assume it is confirmed.

Where in the world is it wrong for you to make a policy which is targeted at helping the economy and then reverse or modify the policy when the outcome of the policy has certain serious effects.

This is the kind of man we want to lead us as a Nation. A Leader that wants the best for the Nation
A Leader that can make bold positive moves
A Leader that can quickly assess the impact of his policies and seek ways to make things better
A Leader that listens

I have said over and over that the problem we have in Nigeria is not anyone's mate. And Tinubu is the man that can at least build the foundation for a better Nigeria. I have always maintained the stand that some policies might be reversed and some modified depending on outcomes.

Not one Liar, Pretender and Olodo that came on live TV to say that there is nothing bad in not building infrastructure for 8 years as Governor. That Guy and the people that follow him sheepishly annoy me to the bones. How can a people be so gullible.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by nextstep(m): 7:47pm On Aug 15, 2023
Racoon:
Nigerians have unanimously agreed that the APC administration since 2015 is the worst of our lifetime. What’s more? Everyone (including APC supporters) are in agreement that the Buhari-led APC Government’s Anti-people policies have made people poorer and more miserable.

I would agree with your sentiment if not for this simple fact: Nigerian politicians have no fealty to party. With all the carpet-crossing, mergers, splits, and other shenanigans, it's obvious there's no such thing as "APC" or "PDP". Even the LP flag-bearer was firmly PDP for years.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Badb0y4lyf(m): 7:49pm On Aug 15, 2023
Tinubu is a scam I once said it here you cannot remove subsidy totally on fuel. I guess the idea initially was to increase fuel to the international standard then subsidized from there
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by nairalanda1(m): 7:49pm On Aug 15, 2023
nextstep:

I would agree with your sentiment if not for this simple fact: Nigerian politicians have no fealty to party. With all the carpet-crossing, mergers, splits, and other shenanigans, it's obvious there's no such thing as "APC" or "PDP". Even the LP flag-bearer was firmly PDP for years.

Yep, there is only one party in Nigeria. (Obi is a member of the party, as is Atiku and even Tinubu).

What we have are two main factions of the same party.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by IbeOkehie: 7:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
To bring back fuel subsidy will be a TERRIBLE MISTAKE. The government should be making LAWS to scrap ALL subsidies and price controls and also selling off all public owned and /or controlled companies, especially those owned by the Federal Government....including bridges, airports, hospitals and universities and schools of every kind. If owning ANYTHING is allowed for government, let it be State and local governments.

Establish or complete a biometric register of ALL Nigerians.

Abolish the Land Use Act and revert all lands to the tribes and people.

Abolish all income tax, both corporate and individual. Implement a small VAT and fixed property SALE tax on assets such as cars and boats and land and quoted shares.

OR

Implement a small, slightly progressive and FLAT income tax with no exemptions or exceptions.

Basically make any income taxes small, no more than 10% TOTAL and inclusive of Federal, State and LGA.

FLOAT THE NAIRA immediately...anyone can sell their forex to whomsoever they wish at whatever price.

Seriously study and figure out a way to drastically reduce money supply. Either adopt the US DOLLAR or Bitcoin or set up an immutable formula for the CBN to follow in printing money. Any money printed will be divvied up and distributed directly and equally to ALL Nigerians. Or maybe Nigerians who wish should be entitled to borrow from the CBN at prevailing interest rate. Just something to stop inflationary expansion of money supply. It can be done.

Do all the above and Nigeria will become a prosperous middle income country within 12 years. Nigeria needs radically FREE MARKETS, nothing else can make the country productive and rich.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

We Have Used All Channels To Warn Buhari Over Shi’ite Leader – Iran / Uzodimma To Demolish Okorocha's Property Built On Water Channels: Pics & Video / Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.