Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record (42776 Views)

Kanayo O Kanayo Lambasts African Chefs Trying To Break Hilda Baci's Record / He Has Cooked For 7 Hours – Liberian Chef Set To Break Hilda Baci’s Record (pic) / Ruth Kamande To Be Executed By Hanging For Killing Farid Mohammed, Her Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by maureensylvia(f): 10:43pm On Aug 15, 2023
omokudu:

Is it a standing or a cooking competition?

Gaskiya I don’t know I’m just emphasizing on hilda’s extra efforts
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 10:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
Make she go rest.
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
nα fαt wσmαn ѕєlf wєч gσ dєч ѕlєєp αnd ѕnσrє líkє fαt píg, mαkє ѕhє gσ αnd rєѕt
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by phemmyfour: 11:19pm On Aug 15, 2023
Father4all:
No Champion forever
Until it's verify by Guinness, that's if her time isn't reduced by GWR
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by MICHEALADEX(m): 11:33pm On Aug 15, 2023
Now we can rest-a-thon
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by Bigchristo: 11:59pm On Aug 15, 2023
Aldebaran:
grin grin grin
absolutely true 😂😂

1 Like

Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by patrotic9gerian: 12:25am On Aug 16, 2023
All those witches and wizards attacking brave Nigerians that rise up to extend the records, I hope you are now happy?

When Chef Dammy stood up, you called her jealous and a witch. Same with Chef Deo. Now, the record has fled Nigeria.

Lazy youths with lazy mentality. Too lazy to think progressively for themselves

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by Probz(m): 12:28am On Aug 16, 2023
mariahAngel:

I like them too.
They have quite a lot of interesting foods.
I prefer their foods to Ghana's.

Yup, agreed. Ghana’s more of an open flex but Kenya’s a niche underdog in the Eastern corner that it’s interesting to tap into a little. It’s definitely somewhere I want to visit.

One thing that puts me off Ghanaian food is their over-reliance on tuna fish (and the actual fish when it’s not mashed up, dipped in brine and canned is actually alright, still, don’t get me wrong) and boiled eggs (they’re worse than Yorubas when it comes to that, and as someone who doesn’t like the food that’s a problem). They also experiment with using lots of weird ingredients (cheese, anchovies, you name it) when it comes to jollof rice. Half of them cook it quite normally and Ghana jollof within that parameter is actually really quite alright but the other half make it too weird by adding all sorts of random ingredients that you wouldn’t normally put in the same pot as rice. Ndudu by Fafa is a prime example of how Ghanaian food can range from pinacular West African treasures wrapped in Ashanti mystery to very unorthodox and odd. That particular YouTuber is a great cook and everything but there was a time when she was basically trying to turn jollof into a cheese omelette and at that point I just knew that it was only Ghanaians who are capable of being that weird. At that point, you might as well add mustard and Worcestershire sauce or fill a ploughman’s lunch with a bit of cheesy red rice over-sprinkled with shito pepper. Ghanaians think their rice is onto great things but we all know that most other West African countries besides maybe Ivory Coast and including Cameroon and even Kenya (some Kenya-dem do jollof) do it much better.
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by Codivoar(m): 12:33am On Aug 16, 2023
nkemoma:
Olosho go finally rest
Why are you so wicked ?
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by cococandy(f): 12:36am On Aug 16, 2023
Oya let everyone rest. I’m not sure there’s going to be a group of contesters itching to unseat this one.
Ever since Hilda won that record, body been dey bite all of them. As if she took something away from them. Now make everyone rest . Gosh ! 😒
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by Basiljoe: 12:40am On Aug 16, 2023
Great news. Simple and short. Not celebrating stupidity cause of record breaking.
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by Hotice085: 1:19am On Aug 16, 2023
MrPRevailer:
Uncensored news @ Censored.news | SteveQuayle.com

Stop watching mainstream news CNN, BBC, ABCNEWS, MSNBC, Washingtonpost etc.
They are all censored News Media.

If only 40% of humanity knew what is planned against humanity, there will be strong revolution/resistance.
But the global elites have kept the global sheeple masses in absolute negligence.

You get Brain
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by NaBanga: 1:26am On Aug 16, 2023
The record cannot be OFFICIALLY contested yet. The woman has to be certified and she is not. Even if she is certified, it won't be recognized until a year from now. Nairaland is doing it's own people a disservice by posting this.
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by MrsTwrite(f): 2:21am On Aug 16, 2023
When will people stop copying Hilda?
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by Invest4growth: 2:38am On Aug 16, 2023
Records are meant to.be broken. Hilda too can also recontest for the record
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by TheSuperX(m): 3:29am On Aug 16, 2023
Africa and copy cat. 😏
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by StreetSoldier(m): 3:37am On Aug 16, 2023
MetroLife22:
Did you know millions of people buy ebooks on Amazon daily? you don't need to be an author before you create and upload yours for free within 3days with my full support . It's easier than expected.You can start with small volume ebooks like 24 pages with good title/content. I would guide you on ways to upload it on Amazon through their Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), how to create foreign account to receive payment etc.My students that upload up to 5 short books are cashing out monthly from Amazon.
Did you know also that there are apps that can help you write over 100 pages instantly? I would take you through fast lane.
The course is valued above N20,000 but I would be offering it for just N1500 (almost free) to empower only 120 serious individuals. Now you don't have to wait till you have money before you start business.
Chat me to know more about the course and my mentorship style .
Send me a DM and get sample of my lesson

You should be so Busy writing and publishing on Amazon.

1 Like

Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by Nobody: 3:42am On Aug 16, 2023
Almiron:
Hilda Baci right now

I don't think so, records are meant to be broken, the record holder is reminded to be humble, recognizing that his/her accomplishment is significant but not permanent.
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by yinkeys(m): 4:29am On Aug 16, 2023
Dreambeat:
GWR will deduct 10 hours from her time
I wonder why they do that
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by care4you: 4:35am On Aug 16, 2023
RushManni:

I have greater dreams for Africa.

An Africa where dreams WILL come true.

An Africa, the HOME of Technology

An Africa Whose YOUTH have no competition in leading the World 🌎

IT SHALL BE !

Imagination wan finish this one

Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by MkenyaMatata(m): 5:52am On Aug 16, 2023
Platter:
Is GWR even aware of her attempt?
Aware? Chef Mahila has been holding this record for 4 years, since 2019, when she previously broke it. She is no novice when it comes to GWR and cooking, she is no slay queen either. She is actually a talented and celebrated proffesional chef in the Kenyan coastal city of Mombasa.

She broke the Guiness World Record in 2019(previously 68Hrs held by an American), after preparing 400 different types of dishes in just under 3 days nonstop(72Hrs).

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/entertainment/news/article/2001338633/maliha-mohammed-kenyan-chef-cooks-for-72-hours-straight-breaks-guinness-world-record
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by MkenyaMatata(m): 6:04am On Aug 16, 2023
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by MatthiasChin: 6:25am On Aug 16, 2023
meobizy:
Thank God the attempt didn’t reach our streets. Yoruba people would lose home training as usual, typing their gutter language in her mentions.

They no first get.
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by tollyboy5(m): 6:31am On Aug 16, 2023
Aldebaran:
grin grin grin
Comrade grin , I remember some girls hiding their ID in my 100 level days. Them help everybody widen their head lol

1 Like

Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by simfrost90210: 6:40am On Aug 16, 2023
maleekberry:

https://punchng.com/cook-a-thon-kenyan-cook-surpasses-hilda-bacis-record/

Hilda cooked for over 100 hours and she was officially given 93 hours + ............. How news come talk say dis one don break her record when GWR never talk anything for her case?

Africa & speed be like yam & Oil 🤔
.., make we dey calm down for dis continent!
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by freenature: 6:58am On Aug 16, 2023
Aldebaran:
grin grin grin

Guy u no serious o

1 Like

Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by RushManni: 7:06am On Aug 16, 2023
care4you:

Imagination wan finish this one

The Biggest Cage is That Of A Closed Mind.

If You Understood, you would have known that you too should have a part to play. Even 0.05%, you can give - for you're not useless. So come on. Look inwards and polish.

Both Humans and Spirit Have It that NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE. But why then do we even have to talk of impossibility when the possibility of the world is gotten from Africa.

IT SHALL BE.
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by frankmoney(m): 7:35am On Aug 16, 2023
maureensylvia:

I still give it to hilda
That Hilda lady didn’t sit down at all
Even while cooking she wasn’t resting

But this lady did, I watched her live videos on tiktok
The woman tried though
Congratulations to her, I admire her courage
lol that's not true . Hilda took very short nap at intervals . You think you can stand for 3 days cooking ? Say wetin happen
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by dfrost: 8:49am On Aug 16, 2023
chukkystar:
Una dey play with Kenya for this kind thing? People wey fit run for 2 weeks?

Underrated comment cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by lexyclasy: 9:07am On Aug 16, 2023
nkemoma:
Olosho go finally rest
At least she get sense pass your inhouse olosho's, not your own expecting TP from men.
Re: Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record by Sleeky2020(m): 9:31am On Aug 16, 2023
LOOK DOWN SHE IS A NIGERIAN, COS NIGERIAN GURLS ARE OUT TO DESTABILIZED HILDA BACY'S RECORD, DEM HATE THEMSELVES.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Evicted BBNaija Housemate Teddy A Rides On Hummer Jeep As Fans Wecomed Him(pics / Tiwa Savage thanks MI as he supports her over former label mate Victoria Kimani / Halima Abubakar Was Gifted N2.5 Million In Less Than 24 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.