Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Siasia's Records-the Facts - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia's Records-the Facts (8648 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week / Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia's Records-the Facts by ahidjo: 11:36pm On Oct 12, 2011
Yes, Nigeria has failed for to qualify of AFCON 2012 courtesy of the last second equalizer in Abuja last Saturday. A lot of people have taken the result too far by advocating for the sack of Nigeria's most accomplished coach. This position if adopted will mean 20 steps backwards. The coming of Siaisa has brought keen competition in the Super Eagles unlike in the past when you can easily predict who gets invited and who gets to play. The play pattern of the Eagles has improved tremendously. They fight for the ball and play more as a team. Any attempt to get rid of Siasia by enemies of football in Nigeria will mean that indiscipline pays. Taking a look at Siasia's records below so far one cannot understand why the sudden change in attitude by some so called Nigerian fans. It has indeed happened before that, Siasia has failed to qualify the under 23 team for the all African games but went ahead to clinch the second spot in the olympics losing narrowly to Argentina in the final.I have a feeling that Siaisa will take us far in Brazil 2014
FACTS
1.  Siaisa has never lost to any African team in any competition. I stand to be corrected. Met Ghana 5 times now. Never lost a single game to them. We must remember Ghana Vs Nigeria in London without Siasia 4-1 against Nigeria. Nigeria Vs Ghana, AFCON 2008 2-1 without Siasia, 2010 AFCON without siasia 1-0. 2011 All African games qualifier in Ghana without Siasia 2-0.
2. Siasia is the only Nigerian coach in recent memory to have taken us to the olympics final
3. Siasia is the only Nigerian coach that has taken us to FIFA competition cup final twice(Holland 05 and Olympics 08)
4. Siasia is the only Nigerian coach to have held Brazil in any competition
5. Best Attacking football by any Nigerian coach dead or alive. In just one year of taking over the Super Eagles, his team has incredibly scored a whopping 20 goals in 8 matches. In every game the Eagles had played, they had score at least a goal with the exception of Ghana friendly
• Vs Sierra Leone: 2-1
• Vs Ethiopia: 4-0
• Vs Kenya: 3-0
• Vs Argentina: 4-1
• Vs Ethiopia: 2-2
• Vs Madagascar: 2-0
• Vs Argentina: 1-3
• Vs Guinea: 2-2
How then does this translate to poor performance?
For the game against Guinea which everybody seems to be focusing on, these factors must be considered for fairness;
• Timing: Did the 2pm start time play any role in the performance. When was the last time Nigeria played at that time and won?
• CAF’s confusing qualification method. Did it affect the entire qualification series?
• Prophesy, TB Joshua style: did it have any psychological effect on the team?
• Is there any reason to suspect sabotage on the part of players who were unusually missing “unmissable” chances.
• Siasia did not start the series, someone else started it and threw away the vital away game in Guinea and we have been chasing Guinea ever since then.
The point is that Siasia is our best bet for now. We must organize serious friendlies to continue to shape the team. The qualifiers for 2013 AFCON starts January 2012, about 3 months from now. Let us not cause more confusion by talking about the sacking of the coach.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Ibime(m): 1:53am On Oct 13, 2011
Well done my guy, you have spoken well. Those advocating SiaSia's sacking are enemies of football. SiaSia is yet to lose a competitive game with SE, our play is a lot more vibrant with new young blood coming through instead of the same old Olofinjana, Dickson Etuhu, Eneramo and other waste pipes who get into the team for one reason or the other (bribe, nepotism etc). SiaSia will take us far if allowed to stay. Anyway, let's see what NFF come up with tomorrow.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by supereagle(m): 4:33am On Oct 13, 2011
He failed he should go. He lost 3 vital point in an away match to Ethopia. Super Eagle is too big for him.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by emiye(m): 4:45am On Oct 13, 2011
^^^  You dont just chase your wife  and mother of your 7 children cuz of alleged adultery. 

Before you do, you consider a whole lot of things!!!!!

If you make decisions with emotions, you will end up regretting it at the long run.

What is the replacement plan? and a whole lot of questions ,   I believe Siasia should stay
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by NET1(m): 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2011
[size=14pt]SIASIA should STAY[/size]

.NET
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2011
Mr Siasia was employed to get the team to at least the semi final of the African cup of Nations.(This is an indice of how far our level of football has dropped)
Mr Siasia failed to EVEN get the ticket to go to the African Nations Cup.
For how long will we continue to reward failure?He has tried his best and I can not sincerely see him taking this team beyond this level because he lacks man management skills.(SIMPLE)
I am so sure that if Mr Siasia is retained by the FA board we should kiss qualification to the next world cup and nations cup goodbye.
It is not a curse it is a fact!
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by 2sd(m): 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2011
Thanks my brother 4 ur analysis. We don get somebody wey fit analys am well. na wetin bn dey my mind im talk so. Make siasia stay jare
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by dipo1: 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2011
I agree with the OP. Siasia should be retained as SE head coach. By now, the FA should not even be considering sacking but should rather put their weight behind Siasia in support of him. I believe with time, Siasia will deliver the goods. He is a young coach who has a lot of room for improvement and has successfully instilled some needed discipline in the side.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by DDuke1: 5:45pm On Oct 13, 2011
true tak my broda we dont expect siasia to perform miracles, futbol in nigeria has gone so bad dat we dont expect a sudden swing, its a gradual process, and @ d pace siasia is going i dont tink he is doing bad, it was just unfortunate one of his losses cost us from qualifying but just as d poster right pointed out, he wasn't d one dat started d race, so he shld be allowed to stay jare
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by doublekay: 5:47pm On Oct 13, 2011
its high time we nigerians respect ourselves and for once do wat is right, should we always keep sacking coach after coach ? siasia tho not perfect is a good coach and deserves to stay
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by mallorca(m): 5:53pm On Oct 13, 2011
this is very simple, 85% OF CURRENT SUPER EAGLES PLAYERS DOESNT WANT TO PLAY UNDER SISIA,from aunthentic source!
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by femmy2010(m): 5:55pm On Oct 13, 2011
We need continuity in our rebuilding process.
Siaone should stay.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by jkbrime: 6:09pm On Oct 13, 2011
Your analysis was okay, but let me ask a simple question. What is failure?

Siasia was too pampered by the NFF and Nigerians, he was also over hyped. NFF pays him N5m a m0nth, he has a befitting apartment, a very good brand new car and a target of getting to the semi final of the next nations cup (2013) and 2014 world cup qualification. He did not qualify for the nations cup which is a far cry from the semi final target given to him. Amodu was paid about N1m per month and he never failed to qualify for any nations cup during his reign, he even qualified us for 2 world cup tournaments, 2002 world cup and 2010 in S/Africa. This is not the first time Sia ! is dissappointing us, he did at the under 20 world cup in Egypt in 2009 where he struggled to go beyond the group stage, can you also remember how he failed during his short reign at Heartland FC. The most honourable thing to do is to resign but as you and i know such wont happen in this part of our world especially when he remembers his monthly take home. A match that is as important as that, why on heart did he start Osaze that is half fit, he also had no natural right full back in the team cos Chibuzor Okonkwo was injured< what is Obasi Ogbuike doing in his club to merit a starting shirt in the EAGLES. Siasia has failed and he should be sacked.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by lacidi: 6:09pm On Oct 13, 2011
OP sorry to burst your bubble, but Siasia lost to Togo in the WAFU cup final in Lagos. Or did you convieniently forget that?

Siasia has never ever succeeded with any senior team - he coached 3 NPL teams, 2 went on relegation (JUTH, Bayelsa Utd) and one (Heartland) fnished at their lowest level in 10 years and also finished last in their African Champions League group, this is despite playing in the finals of the same tournament in the previous year.

Siasia won 1 match out of 4 in the WYC in Egypt beating only Haiti.

Siasia is a youth coach who succeeded by playing old men against boys. Now that he is playing men against men, we have all seen the results. I do not see why a coach that failed to qualify Nigeria for ANC shoudl be left on the job when the one that qualified for WC was fired.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by born2boink(m): 6:13pm On Oct 13, 2011
Siasia break records of 25 yrs African nation cup qualification by failing to qualify
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Brisingr(m): 6:20pm On Oct 13, 2011
who should we hire once u fire siasia ? foreign coaches don't seem to work for us or is it amodu i wonder how many month he will use b4 people start clamoring for his head i tink siasia should stay we could use a little stability rite now since we ain't goin no where
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by 9ja4eva: 6:24pm On Oct 13, 2011
Those clamouring for Siasia to be sacked amaze me.

Its a good thing we didn't even qualify for AFCON.Super Eagles is very over rated and i believe not qualifing for nations cup will help them face reality.The players are too much for themselves.

Siasia is trying to build a team for the future.We don't have a team.

Kudos to Siasia he tried.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by truuz: 6:27pm On Oct 13, 2011
Since d NFF is not going to hire a mourinho/Fergie as d new coach,Siasia stays in my opinion.
Am sure he's learnt from the failure of not qualifying us 4d AFCON 2012, i don't wana see sm "Berti goats n Largerbeers" rebuilding again n again, He should get a second chance!
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Ericology(m): 6:38pm On Oct 13, 2011
Dont know how it was Siasia's fault that well paid professionals failed to score a one on one with the Guinean keeper 5 times[b][/b]
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Guardian(m): 6:39pm On Oct 13, 2011
I am neither a SIASIA FAN nor am I a supporter of He must stay.  But I like to ask just one question you all see glaring but no ONE has talked about or taken action on.

1. Does the Coach count as a player in the field ?
2. Who are those responsible for creating chances, scoring goals and converting technical advise into execution on the field ?
3. Who is the attacker or defender or Goal keeper ?
4. Why is it that Nigerian players in virtually all outings play so lazily, loose penalty woefully, give away passes to the opponent, watch an opponent running towards a dangerous scoring position without taking drastic moves ?

WELL YOUR GUESS is as GOOD as MINE .

The so called PLAYERS  !!! who more often than many,  have been responsible for virtually 80% of our match losses both at home and abroad.

I have seen your Nigerian professionals make nonsense out of technical tactics and rubbished the records of even the Foreign coaches, Nigerians so clamor for.

LASTLY

How many of these players have NIGERIANS crucified. From the hey misses of Peter Rufai, Okocha, Kanu, Babayaro,Taiye Taiwo,,

WITHOUT MUCH TALK

The Foreign based players whom we all regard so much as professionals and "deliverer" are the biggest problem. Not even the NFF drumming or Coach.
Go down memory-lane, you would all discover that the most painful Nigerian Losses, was not caused by the Coach. It was some fat head player(s) who just played away chances or entertained himself and still got paid for it.

WHY DON'T WE BEAT UP PLAYERS After every LOSS. To make them realize :

1. A penalty missed has caused the death of somebody either emotionally or physically
2. A ball pass given away to the opponents is unforgivable especially when done in our half of the field
3. Dribbling a player instead of passing the ball to a waiting teammate is Selfish and reduces the chance of converting a goal chance
4. Shooting the ball wild into the stadium fans when face-to-face with the goal keeper is treason.
5. Slowing down the ball during a counter attack instead of moving fast paced to beat your opponents weak defense could make someone kick into the TV set.

ASK YOURSELVES IS THAT HOW THEY PLAY AND THROW AWAY CHANCES OR FORM THE FOOL WHEN THEY PLAY IN EUROPE !!!

It's time we weigh the scale and measure their crimes. Why do SUPER EAGLE Players cause their FANS so much heart ache and give people  high BP !!
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by bisiaet: 6:43pm On Oct 13, 2011
To be honest I would have love Siasia to contunue his job lets give this guy more chance I belief he can make up the show and Nigeria would laugh at last this is just my honest advise but if NFF decided to take him out well nothing can anyone do but I pray worse do not happen if Siasia is gone.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by dayokanu(m): 6:59pm On Oct 13, 2011
He failed to meet his minimum requirements. He deserves the sack
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Ossaifamous(m): 7:06pm On Oct 13, 2011
whether u sack him or not all I know is this
Is this man wont give the Super eagles anywhere , have we forgotten how he failed against germany in that youth world cup even with a red card to nigerian's opponent
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Ossaifamous(m): 7:13pm On Oct 13, 2011
whether u sack him or not all I know is that this man wont take the Super eagles anywhere , have we forgotten how he failed against germany in that youth world cup even with a red card to nigerian's opponent
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Jluvu: 7:33pm On Oct 13, 2011
For continuity sake let SIASIA stay.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by denitro(m): 7:36pm On Oct 13, 2011
Siasia should go because,

1. It will send the right signal across to all aspiring coaches,
   All Toms, Joysticks and Harry will think twice before aspiring to coach the Super Eagles.
   Super Eagle's coaching job should be bigger than any individual.
   I rank the Super Eagles coaching job equivalent to taking up a coaching job at Chelsea, Barcelona, etc
   There is a minimum requirement and expectation,
a. Failing to qualify for a minor tournament compared to the world cup is a BIG RED FLAG
   Why? If you can't qualify for the Nations cup where 14 slots are being fought for
             How will you fare with 5 slots (World Cup)

The way I see it, the Job at hand is too BIG for Siasia,
Relieve him of this burden and then we should give him the necessary time to reflect on his mistakes
and grow,
Then as we all know, sometime in the future he might be called back just like Amodu,
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Jluvu: 7:43pm On Oct 13, 2011
Ossai famous:

whether u sack him or not all I know is that this man wont take the Super eagles  anywhere , have we forgotten how he failed against germany in that youth world cup even with a red card to nigerian's opponent  
[size=8pt] He never asked Haruna Lukman to gamble at the defense,even  when we were so sure of that match,still fresh&painful.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by goldng: 7:54pm On Oct 13, 2011
He should have Qualified his team for Nations Cup.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by efeboy(m): 7:59pm On Oct 13, 2011
It's very clear. We are a very confused people that allows spur-of-the-moment emotions to cloud our thinking. Worse yet, as a people we don't know what we

really want. Vvvvery sad indeed. sad

Questions:

1. Why did we sack Amodu that was always qualifying us for the nations cup and world cup, to hire Siasia?

2. What did we want when Nigerians clamoured for Siasia and he was hired?

3. Do we really understand the nature of the present situation of Our football?

More questions,
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by UceeGod: 8:21pm On Oct 13, 2011
I think most Nigerians tend to believe whatever they hear/read from the media football pundits, meanwhile, the so called pundits/analysts calling for Siasia's sack are only being sentimental/selfish in judgment cos of what they stand to loose from SE's absence @ d AFCON. Why didn't they call 4 Siasia's head b4 d Guinea match? Were they not all hailing his appointment just about a year ago? Bunch of hypocrite journalists.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Dsage1: 8:23pm On Oct 13, 2011
Weda siasia is sack now/not,we wi sti go back to Amodu cos unless d man 4giv S. Eagle and NFF no indigenous coach can take s.eagle to d promise land.It seem dat d guy kno how to handle dose big boys dan any oda coach,although Amodu fail somtim but he neva fail to qualify Nigeria for AFNC&WC,he also won bronze medal in every AFNC he took Nigeria to.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by efeboy(m): 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2011
When Siasia was hired, even before he was hired, many people (at-least majority of the clueless journalist asking for his sack now) said we needed Siasia to

engage himself on a long-term project of building a super eagles team we can be proud of, in the future. In fact many agreed that we should not expect

immediate results now as it would naturally take some time before a rebuilding process would yield favorable results constantly.

More questions.

1. What happened to the long-term project we expected Siasia to work on? Or are we suffering from a short memory problem?

2. Do Nigerians really understand what these words - Long-term project, Rebuilding process - mean at all?

3. Did we ever consider the possibility of what has happened when we (or at-least the Nigerian media) were busy talking about long-term project?

4. Do Nigerians abhor the idea of enduring present circumstances for the reason of building for the future? Or is it just in Our nature to always

want and do anything for[b] quick quick success[/b].

More questions,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Read Complete Sport Newspaper For Free...updated Daily / Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC Women's Footballer Of The Year 2015 / Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.