Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Siasia's Records-the Facts - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia's Records-the Facts (8654 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week / Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Reference(m): 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2011
mallorca:

this is very simple, 85% OF CURRENT SUPER EAGLES PLAYERS DOESNT WANT TO PLAY UNDER SISIA,from aunthentic source!

Hmm, perhaps we should ask the players to select the coach and perhaps the NFF board and set the laws that govern them.

Osaze wants to decide when to play, Enyeama wants to decide when to travel, Mikel decides when to leave Stamford bridge and arrive camp.

With all these and much more jaga jaga can we be surprised they cannot put away glaring chances.

If this player power thing is not discarded for honour and the flag, we would soon exhaust all the managers in the world and perhaps them players will demand for our lives as well. Pity.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by abiamahart: 8:42pm On Oct 13, 2011
All said and done Sia1 signed a contract. The contract has reward for success and penalties for failure. Or  are there waivers in the contract to reward failure? He knew the calibre of players Nigeria has prior to sighning the dotted lines. He was equally aware Equavoen/Super Chickens lost away to Guinea. He was equally aware he needed to win that match by two goals to be safe and dry or by one goal as best looser.

The goal that day was similar to Clemens Westerhof qualifying us for our first world cup. Rather than loose the ball kick it into the stands so long as we qualified.

In as much as most of the blame is on the players who were not hungry enough or were now more english than the whites to complain about weather??

Only IK Uche had the kind of desire that was what emulating by all.

On the goal keepers can you remember the FUP by Agbonibasket during westerhof reign that paved way for Alloy Agu or then Ike Sorunmi innability to deal effectively with crosses that confirmed Peter Rufai(then clubless but on self training) as our safe hands after marshalling the goal post against cameroon even Keshi(big boss) Uche Okechukwu(Gentle Giant) Ben (Stopper) Iroha and Chidi Nwanu who collectively knew clubless in-form Rufai was better than an unsafe Shorunmi in goal.

Clems saw this and provided a goal keeper trainer.

The buck ends with Sia-1 even if he is not fired i expect some form of penalty be it financially be paid by him. Nigerian fans are distraught, The media will loose money etc
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Dsage1: 8:46pm On Oct 13, 2011
Weda siasia is sack now/not, we ar sti going back to Amodu cos unless he 4giv NFF or S.Eagle,Nigeria may nt hav indigenous coach dat we take d team to promise land.It seem dat d guy kno how to handle dose big boys in d team dan eny oda coach.Although,Amodu failed somtim but has neva fail to qualify Nigeria for both AFCN/WC,he also won bronze medal in every nation cup he took Nigeria to.Siasia wi sti b sack in d long if he escape dis cos his attitude/arrogant toward his player wi always let him down even if he desided to use home base players. Der4, if we dnt cul Amodu back,Sunday Olise wi b an option.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by efeboy(m): 9:04pm On Oct 13, 2011
lacidi:

Siasia is a youth coach who succeeded by playing old men against boys. Now that he is playing men against men, we have all seen the results.

•   Vs Sierra Leone: 2-1
•   Vs Ethiopia: 4-0
•   Vs Kenya: 3-0
•   Vs Argentina: 4-1
•   Vs Ethiopia: 2-2
•   Vs Madagascar: 2-0
•   Vs Argentina: 1-3
•   Vs Guinea: 2-2

When he was having all those high-scoring wins why didn't any single soul alarm us that Siasia had sent teams into relagation? No, rather it was all

praises and encouragement from the media for the man and his boys. Now he drew a vital game, and the talk around town is that he is a bad coach,

he once led 20 teams into relegation. My brothers, this spur-of-the-moment emotions dangerous ooh!! I am not saying that Siasia is bound to be eagles

coach, however this decisions we always take at the wrong time would always affect us badly.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Mcleo007(m): 9:09pm On Oct 13, 2011
Nice write up. Siasia must stay.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by gascoign1(m): 9:13pm On Oct 13, 2011
OP you dey craze well well, how does this record qualify us for O'level exams(AFCON), A dead Amodu is far better than charcoal black and cheap packet shirt Siasia, Show me a country in the world where the coach cant qualify them for continental championship and still remain the next day? Are you one those idiots been paid by Siasia? Has there been any improvement in our senior team since he took over? Our SE is just the product of the chop chop party ruling Naija, so throw your useless records to the bush, !
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by BetaThings: 10:11pm On Oct 13, 2011
SIASIA was given clear TARGET
Does the OP know the meaning of a target
We are not interested in preamble and STORIES, what is the OUTCOME?
Nigerians will be spectators at ACN for the first time in 25 years

Pens Up! for Siasia

Of course Jonathan can retain him as SSA on football watching
Blood is thicker than water afterall
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by 1forall: 10:33pm On Oct 13, 2011
Attached poll is prior to Siasia's appointment

Amazing how some folks are now asking for Amodu  

And when Siasia was appointed according to the wishes of the majority: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-545557.0.html

With the state of Naija football now, especially administration, even Westerhof would not succeed in less than a year (historically, he didn't).

Let's face it, until the entire NFF cabal board is flushed and replaced with forward thinking football administrators who have a passion for Nigerian football, and not the current set of majority political appointees, contractors and businessmen, we're just going to keep going round the same path with similar outcomes. Don't expect success with square pegs in round holes.

Why have we neglected our past football heroes in the administration of the game? Oh I forgot, the Naija factor.

Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by honeric01(m): 10:41pm On Oct 13, 2011
^^

When are you people going to stop blaming the NFF for everything? NFF GAVE SIASIA ALL THAT HE ASKED FOR, for once, commend people who did their job well, SIASIA FAILED PERIOD!!!

His smallest target was to qualify for the nations cup which he FAILED WOEFULLY!!!, respect the contract, respect the law, HE'S TO BE SACKED!!!

For now, in the last 10 years of SE football in Nigeria, Siasia's got the worse record!!!
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by 1forall: 10:48pm On Oct 13, 2011
^^
slap1:

The next problem Siasia may face is the impatience of some Nigerians that don't know how long it takes to build a team. I wish him success.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by honeric01(m): 10:54pm On Oct 13, 2011
1forall:

^^

Rubbish, i should take "building" as an excuse for failure?

He wanted to build yet was using clueless and unfit players to carry out crucial matches?

Do you know that the Madagascar match he won was not because he was fantastic, rather he played the Madagascan's U-23 team because the country already banned their national team.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by 1025: 11:04pm On Oct 13, 2011
i seriously cannot identify the problems of a typical nigerian. it is called TAKING RESPONSIBILITY.
a renowned coach called mourinho did a wonderful job at chelsea but when the team broke down, he got the axe. another man called scolari was sacked but ancelloti used the same players to win doubles for chelsea.
mourinho on the other hand won every with an inter team that could not win anything under different coaches including a champions league winner benitez.
all these grammer here and there will lead us no where. siasia said if he is paid a certain amount of money, he will do certain things with our team. at this stage, it is stock taking time. did nigeria pay him accordingly? did he(siasia) lived up to his promises? let them sack just that other high blood preasure agents in the names of coaches (eguavon and amodu) have been on the wait so it is going to be another journey backward.
come to think of it, siasia is the first nigerian coach that has failed to qualify us for nations cup and the first coach in 25 yrs that fails to take us there.
how can a coach be at war with his own players?
my worry is why our nigerian coaches cannot go beyond our super eagles. eguavon, amodu and now siasia have restricted themselves to the eagles job so i ask, is the coaching licence just for the eagles?
if pete edochie is made the coach of the eagles, they will surely qualify for nation's cup talkless of myself.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by dayokanu(m): 11:33pm On Oct 13, 2011
Regardless of the fact, He failed at what he was employed to do.

He didnt meet the minimum target so he deserves the axe
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by 1forall: 11:40pm On Oct 13, 2011
hornyric, without thinking too hard can you suggest a better (and feasible) replacement for Siasia?

I don't believe the SE's problems started with him in charge. That team has been unreliable and problematic for over a decade. Even the past couple of qualifications for major tournaments were usually not determined till final match day, with our fate at times depending on the outcome of other matches within our group. Nigerians go come dey do orisirisi permutation and calculation.

It is over optimistic to expect any different from a team with that kind of background. And the easiest scapegoat is Siasia of course. It is this same 'sack siasia or else. .' attitude that makes certain Nigerian supporters of Arsenal say: 'I no dey Arsenal again, na Barca I dey follow now, dat Wenger no be better coach'

Which true fan changes clubs because his beloved team is not winning? And maybe that's because such a fan cannot rightly say 'sack Wenger!!'

If you remember the Guinea match well, SE played quite well in the first half and had all the possession, (believe me, I am their greatest critic) and I was actually impressed with their game esp in the first half. I hadn't seen them play like that in a loong time. The match against Ghana was of less quality but they were still able to fight back the Ghanaian domination (not usual), and were the better on the offensive. Don't u think the team showed some improvement?

Sport is a win-some, lose-some affair. And we lost not just because our coaching crew made mistakes, but also for a HOST of other circumstances which have been in the Nigerian football system for years. Na Siasia fault say: Osaze miss two [size=14pt]CLEAR[/size] goal chances? stadium no full? Enyeama mess up? Mikel no perform? NFF no dey show say they value the players?

Overall, "Flawed preparations do not always result in success like Nigeria has managed in the past. If Siasia is to go then the whole team, and the federation should be sacked. They're all part of a rotting system. Now is a good time to start re-building the team, but instead people are looking for who to blame. It's gonna be hard to re-build properly though, as long as football administration in Nigeria remains the same" - Quote from the BBC Africa FB page
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by fmgold: 11:44pm On Oct 13, 2011
When Siasia was employed he battled arrogantly to be treated like a foreign coach,I remember he was askn for 10 to 15million naira,befor agreein for 5million.the ego trip was just starting. Next he begins to have issues with the key players probably scared of d ghost of d mafia dey created during his own time coming back to hunt him.The truth is if you are picking up fights with players how do u get them to play for you or put the team together. Rooney made a stupid mistake yet Capello came to his defence cos he is key to d project,I wander what siasia would av done. Nigerians are mediocres wen it comes to mgt in varying sectors. In football if your player refuses to score,defend,makes a bad tackle,dribbles too much,score an own goal,concede a good goal it is a managers fault. Win or lose its all down to the manager and that is why they are hired and sacked. Managers are good at different levels,Siasia is good at getting to underage tournament final with overage men.mayb he shuld stick to that. In modern day football coaches are not given time,their are stages of development where time is given to groom players not d national team e.g Ghana,Cote d voire. The style of play under Siasia has bin clueless,against guinea and so many other matches we hardly made use of our midfield,we were looking for long passes to the attack. They scored goals but was it wen it mattered most?.The guinean players are not better than our players don't be decieved,what they have is a good coach. They came to draw with us in our own home,with our destiny in our hands not theirs. The difference is dat the guinean coach made his players play while ours was tripping. A coach needs to understand motivation and discipline. I have too much to say but I will cut it short,not every one or footballer is meant to be a coach,it is a gift no need wasting your time.Cameroun and Egypt have sacked their coaches.We can hire the Guinean coach at least I saw a pattern to their game,their response at the beginin of the second half and after we scored 2-1. Pls let's forget d sentiment of foreign or local coaches,the truth is that we don't have good local coaches to take us to the next level. Not too many African teams can boast of the players we have.Trophies are won with the tactical depth of a coach. Sia Sia shuld go before e tia tia us finish.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Africason(m): 12:06am On Oct 14, 2011
fmgold:

When Siasia was employed he battled arrogantly to be treated like a foreign coach,I remember he was askn for 10 to 15million naira,befor agreein for 5million.the ego trip was just starting.                     Next he begins to have issues with the key players probably scared of d ghost of d mafia dey created during his own time coming back to hunt him.The truth is if you are picking up fights with players how do u get them to play for you or put the team together. Rooney made a silly mistake yet Capello came to his defence cos he is key to d project,I wander what siasia would av done.                 Nigerians are mediocres wen it comes to mgt in varying sectors. In football if your player refuses to score,defend,makes a bad tackle,dribbles too much,score an own goal,concede a good goal it is a managers fault. Win or lose its all down to the manager and that is why they are hired and sacked.                                                      Managers are good at different levels,Siasia is good at getting to underage tournament final with overage men.mayb he shuld stick to that. In modern day football coaches are not given time,their are stages of development where time is given to groom players not d national team e.g Ghana,Cote d voire.                                            The style of play under Siasia has bin clueless,against guinea and so many other matches we hardly made use of our midfield,we were looking for long passes to the attack. They scored goals but was it wen it mattered most?.The guinean players are not better than our players don't be decieved,what they have is a good coach. They came to draw with us in our own home,with our destiny in our hands not theirs. The difference is dat the guinean coach made his players play while ours was tripping. A coach needs to understand motivation and discipline.                                         I have too much to say but I will cut it short,not every one or footballer is meant to be a coach,it is a gift no need wasting your time.Cameroun and Egypt have sacked their coaches.We can hire the Guinean coach at least I saw a pattern to their game,their response at the beginin of the second half and after we scored 2-1.  Pls let's forget d sentiment of foreign or local coaches,the truth is that we don't have good local coaches to take us to the next level. Not too many African teams can boast of the players we have.Trophies are won with the tactical depth of a coach. Sia Sia shuld go before e tia tia us finish.             

Yeah, because he's a Ghanaian. U don't believe me? check his wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Siasia  Now, you see why Ghana didn't score Naija in the last friendly? His countrymen wanted to save his a55! Born in Accra, 1967.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by megapro(m): 12:17am On Oct 14, 2011
@Ahidjo,

Friendly matches dont count.

Siasia's competitive games for Nigeria.

https://megapro24./

1. Ethiopia 4:0 W
2. Ethiopia 2:2 D
3. Madagascar 2:0 W
4. Guinea 2:2 D

P4 W2 D2 L- 10:4

Next match: TBA

Brodericks made 2 FIFA finals (85,87)
Siasia (09) and Hoener (88) are the only Nigerian coaches to lose 3 matches in a single FIFA (or CAF) male tournament.
Siasia attacks too much. Howmany coaches concede 3 goals to 10 men in one half?

Since 1981 no Nigeria senior A or B team lost in regulation time on home soil in a competitive match till Togo beat his homebased recently.

Egu scored 10 in his first 2 games for SE
Adding friendlies it is 23 in first 8 games: Benin 6-0, Libya 1-0, Algeria 5-2, Zimbabwe 5-1, Ghana 1-0, Zim, Senegal: both 2-1, etc

Since Yakubu Gowon's reign, only Ekeji and Siasia have failed Nigeria.
embarassed

Siasia's competitive (age-grade) games for Nigeria.
1. Bukina Fasso 2:0 W
2. Bukina Fasso 3:2 W
3. Benin 3:0 W
4. Mali 3:1 W
5. CIV 1:0 W
6. Morocco 2:2 D
7. Egypt 2:0 W
8. Brazil 0:0 D
9. South Korea 1:2 L
10.Switzerland 3:0 W
11. Ukrain 1:0 W
12. Holland 1:1* D
13. Morocco 3:0 W
14. Argentina 1:2 L
15. Ghana 0:0 D
16. Ghana 1:1 D
17. Equatorial Guinea 5:0 W
18. Equatorial Guinea 0:2 L
19. Ghana 3:2 W
20. South Africa 1:1 D
21. Ghana 0:0 D
22. South Africa 3:0 W
23. Holland 0:0 D
24. Japan 2:1 W
25. USA 2:1 W
26. CIV 2:0 W
27. Belgium 4:1 W
28. Argentina 1:2 L
29. Venezuela 0:1 L
30. Spain 0:1 L
31. Tahiti 5:0 W
32. Germany 1:2 L

P32 W17 D8 L7

* = PK win.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by truuz: 12:18am On Oct 14, 2011
@1025: I bet only u knows what u meant by "chelsea team broke down under Mourinho", to the best of my knowledge he left chelsea on "mutual consent"(the same impatience n quest for "instant magic" (Uefa Champions league title) which most Football fans in Nigeria  crave for   led to Jose's departure.
@Topic: It's very sweet n easy 2dish out blames(not saying siasia n d boys have done well)against the Guinean team but had dat  substitution yielded a (3-1) scoreline in our favour,i trust Nigerians wud be singing a different song.
Siasia deserves  another chance regardless of d so called "contract" because the most successful coaches in football have lost, still lose crucial matches, PLS LET US  EMBRACE CONTINUITY IN 9JA FOOTBALL FOR ONCE!
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by fmgold: 12:47am On Oct 14, 2011
Blasphemy;woe be tied anyone dat compares Mourinho to Siasia, no basis. Siasia's failure is in geometric progression,check his recent club and country records. We did not even get best loser spot because Madagascar which we beat home and away ended at d bottom. The players even said Siasia did not explain d proper qualifying situation to them.Honestly I expected the SE to pik up ball after we scored the second goal and run straight to the middle of the pitch to continue play,rather they were jubilating and SiaSia(olodo) was clapping.the Guineans took over d game,though they culd av qualified wit that scoreline,the coach wit pride urged them on and dey got a deserved equaliser,while we were happy to qualify as best loser,any intelligent coach shuld av known dat a goal advantage is not safe.is anyone surprised both goals came frm our right side of defence,d pressure was der all day,siasia did nothin,I seriously can't understand what Dele Aiyenugba shuld av down about those goals,Enyema culdnt av saved those shots,Dele's only fault tru out d entire game is a misdive. Byebye Siasia
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by aaidel(m): 12:59am On Oct 14, 2011
@op siasia lost to guinea in the qualifiers
secondly he was hired to do a job do you think if capello failed to qualify for euro he would still have a job? coaches are hired to do a job siasia has failed the worst part for me is not the lack of qualification but that our system of play if we even have one didnt improve its not like we were playing open flowing football even the friendly against ghana we were poor. So it might not be necessary to sack him but he needs a wake up call
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Nymphnode(m): 1:03am On Oct 14, 2011
Infact. . . lipsrsealed
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by nsiadi: 1:06am On Oct 14, 2011
Siasia has some good qualities no doubt.
But , like a coin , he has bad side too
Right now he has seriously strained his relationship wt the current players
Keeping him is not in the best interest of our soccer
For now let him go, later on he can come on board stronger, Let him learn more on harmonious relationship
The technical committee & many other people want him out, let him step aside.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by DualCore1: 1:37am On Oct 14, 2011
Contract = get us to Point A (bizarre as it may seem).

Getting to point A = Impossible.

Contract terminated.

A contract is a legal document binding between all parties involved. No sentiment in legal matters that's why you see that statue in Law courts of a woman with a knife on one hand, a balanced scale on the other and a blindfold. With a blindfold she can cut her son's head off if he trips that balanced scale.

Whether he is sacked or not. . . how that one take affect me. . . i don't watch football.

If he is to be sacked, his contract must be terminated.
If he isn't going to be sacked, the contract must still be reviewed or terminated entirely and they start afresh with a new contract. Either ways that 5 million naira of Tax payers money has to be reviewed. You give one man 5 mill every 30 days just cuz he tells a bunch of men how to kick an object inflated with air around a field. . . in a country like Nigeria  angry

Next coach: Arsene Wenger.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Nobody: 2:28am On Oct 14, 2011
aaidel:

@op siasia lost to guinea in the qualifiers
secondly he was hired to do a job do you think if capello failed to qualify for euro he would still have a job? coaches are hired to do a job siasia has failed the worst part for me is not the lack of qualification but that our system of play if we even have one didnt improve its not like we were playing open flowing football even the friendly against ghana we were poor. So it might not be necessary to sack him but he needs a wake up call
Siasia did not loose to guinea,eguavoen or whatever his name is did
check your facts
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by honeric01(m): 3:29am On Oct 14, 2011
milehigh06:

Siasia did not loose to guinea,eguavoen or whatever his name is did
check your facts

And so what? why did he draw with Ethiopia? he won Madagascan's U-23 team, so we should clap for him? we know he's good at using old men to beat young boys (U-23 team), but when he was faced with old men vs old men, his deficiencies showed.

He's not even fit to sit near Keshi not to talk of Amodu (these 2 coaches did their job clearly and perfectly with Togo and Nigeria respectively)

The last time Keshi couldn't do well with Mali, he was sacked, that's why coaches are treated, if you fail to do your job, you get sacked, no sentiments here.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Nobody: 3:45am On Oct 14, 2011
honeric01:

And so what? why did he draw with Ethiopia? he won Madagascan's U-23 team, so we should clap for him? we know he's good at using old men to beat young boys (U-23 team), but when he was faced with old men vs old men, his deficiencies showed.

He's not even fit to sit near Keshi not to talk of Amodu (these 2 coaches did their job clearly and perfectly with Togo and Nigeria respectively)

The last time Keshi couldn't do well with Mali, he was sacked, that's why coaches are treated, if you fail to do your job, you get sacked, no sentiments here.
dont worry when you start accusing the current u23 coach of using old men to beat young boys after he had been made coach of SE we will remind you of how its sentiments like this that is killing our football
if u23 coach uses young boys and he looses the 1st 2 games you will all ask him to be fired but as soon as he uses old men to beat small boys you will all praise him as the best thing since slice bread,you all want instant results without planning for it or working for it
ask yourself a very simple question,is less than 1 yr enuff time to give to a coach,if it is in your books,kudos to you
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Obiagu1(m): 4:26am On Oct 14, 2011
Siasia is the perfect guy for the SE. Yes he did not qualify for ACN 2012 but we still have ACN 2013. He is on the right path, the path to bring us back to where we should be. He has the passion and knowledge and will restore the pride in the players for playing for the national team.

Gone are the days players do as they wish. If you want to play for SE, do so with pride like many top stars do for their respective national teams.
It's a privilege to play for the national team and not a right.

I'm with Siasia 100%.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Nobody: 4:34am On Oct 14, 2011
Copied this from complete sports
http://completesportsnigeria.com/news/2011/10/road-to-2012-for-super-eagles

Oga Mumuni,
You spoke with 2 tongues. There are issues bigger than Siasia worrying our nation and you failed to mention them.
To take what you said a bit futher, I will say that a new coach in Nigeria would fail, just like Siasia except he has enough time to work.
Beyond yourself, can you come out and truly say that NO sports journalists does what Osaze alleged. Asking him to come out and mentioned names tells me you are just being sentimental. What you should do is make a clarion call to your colleagues and ask them to take heed. You have called Osaze a liar with your position which I think is short-sighted. This is Nigeria and we know there are corruption anywhere. Wake up sir! There cannot be smoke without fire!
During the days of Westehof, Bonfere, Amodu and Chukwu; we had players that are the toasts of the world even though it diminished as the years pass by. When last did Nigeria win the African footballer or even BBC footballer of the year or how many can you now count on the top 10 of these awards. There was a time you can have up to 5 Nigerian players. It should tell us that we no longer have truly talented footballers. They are easily comparable to the half-baked graduates we have in our labour market. They have little to offer but demand for your eyes as salaries. That is why you see them playing in Cyprus, Bosnia, China, etc. There was a glorious time when you see Nigerians in the top team in Spain, Holland, France, Italy, Germany. Common! The press have wrongly encouraged Nigerians to live in fools paradise, setting wrong expectations based on fading past glories. Our teams are no longer good. When we have a team that do not deserve to go past group stages, we demand that they go and win the cup. If they "fumbled and wobbled" into the second round and they lose, we bay for their blood with the PRESS leading the battle charge! A systematic decline had been obvious for the past 15 years.
It is our overconfidence and superiority complex that deceive us and blind us from the truth. We think we can go down and others will continue to stay under us.
Our PRESS and FANS covers foreign league more than they even do the local league. Take a survey and you will see that the majority of those that do it do it out of obligation, not passion. No wonder players don't stay here to play. They jump on any available train to Europe or Asia despite the fact that they are yet to learn their trade to a required level. And we think this is the best way to get he new Okochas, Yekini and Finidis.
Like Shakespeare wrote, we need a Daniel to come to judgement and truly save this nation or we will suffer needlessly throughout this new decade. NFF, Press, Fans are only using the coach as a scapegoat to cover their own faults. Yoruba people has an adage that says something like this: God sees those who shoot arrows into the air and hide under a mortar.
Please let us stop this knee-jerk reaction. Nothing that happened came as a surprise or should be. Its been a long time coming.
Sacking Siasia WILL not save Nigeria's football. Sacking our last 5 coaches never did, neither would it do now. I see him to be more or less like the last runner of a relay race that already had a bad beginning, resulting in him getting the baton last. Do we blame the last runner alone for not winning a medal even though he did not finish last.
Finally, Oga Mumuni, it is easier to write tactics on the face of the paper than implementing it. That is what writers are know for anyway. Football is not always like mathematics formulae. If you run the play and your player fails to score, or the goalkeeper has a bad day - what becomes of your plan? Please do not get angry when you come up with advises and they are not accepted - it is only the coach that often get sacked. Everybody makes mistakes and that include you and me.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Nobody: 4:42am On Oct 14, 2011
He is a failure , He should go angry
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by ahidjo: 4:46am On Oct 14, 2011
[/quote]
gascoign1:

OP you dey craze well well, how does this record qualify us for O'level exams(AFCON), A dead Amodu is far better than charcoal black and cheap packet shirt Siasia, Show me a country in the world where the coach cant qualify them for continental championship and still remain the next day? Are you one those idiots been paid by Siasia? Has there been any improvement in our senior team since he took over? Our SE is just the product of the chop chop party ruling Naija, so throw your useless records to the bush, !
[quote author=gascoign1 link=topic=780513.msg9333765#msg9333765 date=1318536839]

People like you don't deserve a decent response. You are too raw and crude!
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by ahidjo: 5:04am On Oct 14, 2011
megapro:

@Ahidjo,

Friendly matches dont count.

Siasia's competitive games for Nigeria.

https://megapro24./

1. Ethiopia 4:0 W
2. Ethiopia 2:2 D
3. Madagascar 2:0 W
4. Guinea 2:2 D

P4 W2 D2 L- 10:4

Next match: TBA

Brodericks made 2 FIFA finals (85,87)
Siasia (09) and Hoener (88) are the only Nigerian coaches to lose 3 matches in a single FIFA (or CAF) male tournament.
Siasia attacks too much. Howmany coaches concede 3 goals to 10 men in one half?

Since 1981 no Nigeria senior A or B team lost in regulation time on home soil in a competitive match till Togo beat his homebased recently.

Egu scored 10 in his first 2 games for SE
Adding friendlies it is 23 in first 8 games: Benin 6-0, Libya 1-0, Algeria 5-2, Zimbabwe 5-1, Ghana 1-0, Zim, Senegal: both 2-1, etc

Since Yakubu Gowon's reign, only Ekeji and Siasia have failed Nigeria.
embarassed

Siasia's competitive (age-grade) games for Nigeria.
1. Bukina Fasso 2:0 W
2. Bukina Fasso 3:2 W
3. Benin 3:0 W
4. Mali 3:1 W
5. CIV 1:0 W
6. Morocco 2:2 D
7. Egypt 2:0 W
8. Brazil 0:0 D
9. South Korea 1:2 L
10.Switzerland 3:0 W
11. Ukrain 1:0 W
12. Holland 1:1* D
13. Morocco 3:0 W
14. Argentina 1:2 L
15. Ghana 0:0 D
16. Ghana 1:1 D
17. Equatorial Guinea 5:0 W
18. Equatorial Guinea 0:2 L
19. Ghana 3:2 W
20. South Africa 1:1 D
21. Ghana 0:0 D
22. South Africa 3:0 W
23. Holland 0:0 D
24. Japan 2:1 W
25. USA 2:1 W
26. CIV 2:0 W
27. Belgium 4:1 W
28. Argentina 1:2 L
29. Venezuela 0:1 L
30. Spain 0:1 L
31. Tahiti 5:0 W
32. Germany 1:2 L

P32 W17 D8 L7

* = PK win
I was making reference to appearing in the final of two different FIFA/International games: Under 20 and Olympics (next thing to world cup). Broadricks led the under 17 (same age level and the lowest FIFA level) to 2 finals. Sub regional tournaments do not count. Nigerian home team has proved not to be good enough. Many coaches have tried but they are yet to make it to nations cup. Your game 32 ended 3-2 in favor of Germany and not 2-1 and that game explains why Haruna Lukman is yet to taste Super Eagles under Siasia
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by ow11(m): 5:43am On Oct 14, 2011
Siasia has to go! angry

We don't care about 'improved' play or his other excuses. He should have beaten Ethiopia!! I mean Ethiopia!!!! The dude has lost the plot and should get the boot. NFF supported him all the way and he has no excuses.

However, I do not want to see any Serbian or backwater European mercenary. Nigerian football must go back into FIFA top 10 and I believe that can be achieved and sustained with a Nigerian coach .

My shortlist for Siasia's replacements

1. Sunday Oliseh
2. Daniel Amokachi
3. Okey Emordi
4. Kadiri Ikhana
5. Stephen Keshi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru / Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC Women's Footballer Of The Year 2015 / FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.