Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? (13033 Views)

Can A 35 Year Old Still Get Appointment Into Federal Civil Service / Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn / The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by allthingsgood: 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2023
Tareq1105:
Why not?

You can use whatever certificate you acquired anywhere in the world as long as it's from a recognized institution or professional body, and registered in the Public Scheme of Service.

You people should stop typing rubbish and giving wrong information pls. Schools are not published in Scheme of Service biko

2 Likes

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by babaRUNtinz(m): 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2023
Even without certificates, ask our leaders, they know better
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by iLoveYouToo(m): 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2023
Only in Nigeria. I donโ€™t see any reason why Bsc and HND shouldnโ€™t be at par
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by iwaeda: 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2023
SeniorRef:
I was employed into the Nigeria Civil Service with HND.Recently,National Board for Technical Education NBTE in collaboration with some foreign University came up with a program where you can top-up your HND to B.Sc in one year.I have already started my application but I have some concerns. Some of the foreign Universities I saw on the site are based in India.
Now my question is can I use a certificate I obtained online to do my career Conversion?
2.Can I use a Foreign certificate from India to do my Conversion?
Pls,Admin guys should help provide answers to these questions. Thanks
As long as it is not Oluwole or Chica. grin grin angry grin

2 Likes

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by Barblow(m): 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2023
SeniorRef:
I was employed into the Nigeria Civil Service with HND.Recently,National Board for Technical Education NBTE in collaboration with some foreign University came up with a program where you can top-up your HND to B.Sc in one year.I have already started my application but I have some concerns. Some of the foreign Universities I saw on the site are based in India.
Now my question is can I use a certificate I obtained online to do my career Conversion?

Yes! You can use the certificate obtained for your career progression/conversion/upgrading but you need to write your Civil Service Commission on your intention to go on a study. If approved good luck to you. Reason is that for you not to come back with the certificate and they would start questioning you or refuse to accept it.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by Abigailwebsites(f): 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2023
Our parents prefer paying huge amount of school fees and enrich the government or private owner, refuse setting up businesses for their children.

They'll be shouting, go to school, after school, they leave you to go for job haunting instead of settling you off with a huge amount that'll help you go through any business line you wish to indulge yourself in.

Teach your children how to earn money.
You need money to survive in Nigeria
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by idanone(m): 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2023
ify84:

NBTE is not serious. Why India? I have tried it out... Fees is 1,000 dollars. That is some 800k. Why can't Nigerian universities run this.

Well, i am making inquiries to know which 9ja university that does this conversion
federal University oye, Bells university of technology ota, unilag, with one private university in Osun, but for the first 2 am 100% sure because I have people who finish there.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by biafranrealson: 12:16pm On Aug 17, 2023
As in there is space waiting for you there ?
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by JuelzPrime: 12:17pm On Aug 17, 2023
Waiting for experts in the house.
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by BrutusOj(m): 12:29pm On Aug 17, 2023
SeniorRef:
Why waste money to acquire B.Sc when you can enrol for Masters to gain a higher degree which can earn you promotion later?
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by lovetterrison(m): 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2023
Fairview1:
Congratulations!

I can see from your comments, that one of your own persons have been appointed as the Minister and you are now mulling the idea of whether to return home or not. Yes, you can use it provided you have your NYSC discharge, exclusion or exemption certificate. Let the looting continues. Government of chop make chop.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by na2016: 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2023
SeniorRef:

If it's online, please don't waste your momey
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by Procashtips(m): 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
ify84:

NBTE is not serious. Why India? I have tried it out... Fees is 1,000 dollars. That is some 800k. Why can't Nigerian universities run this.

Well, i am making inquiries to know which 9ja university that does this conversion

Universities in Benin Republic are doing it below โ‚ฆ400k

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by Northernblood8(m): 12:46pm On Aug 17, 2023
SeniorRef:

There is a University named Michael and Cecilia Ibru University in Delta State. You can do the top up cheap there.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by CaptainFM1: 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2023
Is your President not parading a purported International certificate in his office?
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by JaySterling: 12:53pm On Aug 17, 2023
Only way to know is to try
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by Lama70(m): 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2023
SeniorRef:

I don't have an idea about what goes on in India. But you can do your conversion in Ajayi Crowther Universitiy within one year.
Check their website.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by haftob(m): 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2023
ify84:

So many universities in Nigeria run it but the problem is that it's not 1 year

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by Deborahj(f): 1:00pm On Aug 17, 2023
Most of this online virtual Universities are fake , there are many of them in the US. they are virtual university not approve,not recognised. Please do you proper checks

2 Likes

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by Confirmedzombie: 1:04pm On Aug 17, 2023
In federal civil service, we have pool officers being those directly from Head of service and we have those for various ministries.

If you Have your NYSC Certificate you are good to go as NYSC is a major requirement while applying at the federal civil service commission located at zone 3, opposite customs headquarters Abuja.

In my opinion you may wish to visit the civil service commission for further inquiries.

Ensure you go straight to the office of the commissioner incharge of your state for such inquiries.

Goodluck
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by just2endowed: 1:09pm On Aug 17, 2023
yes na
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by R29dmnc: 1:14pm On Aug 17, 2023

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by AnI77: 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2023
SeniorRef:

My two cents is the following: don't do it! It will be a total waste of your time and resources. Instead, use your HND to either (1). seek a direct entry admission into the 2nd or 3rd year of a BSc (Hons) degree program and get a in a year two, or (2). use you HHD to do a 1-year Postgraduate diploma, and use that diploma to seek admission into the Masters degree program. In doing any of these, run away from anything educational if it is offered by an Indian higher educational institution.
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by InfinixMine: 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2023
Crawford University does conversion too

ify84:

2 Likes

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by assholemods: 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2023
inoki247:
Lol
Why is funny? Pathetic person.
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by dinkyicon: 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2023
SeniorRef:
have you done your NYSC. If yes then you are free to apply and it will be considered
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by ManOfSon: 1:43pm On Aug 17, 2023
Who needs a certificate in Nigeria? Find yourself a politician or an Oluomo! Case closed.
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by ejihand(m): 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2023
Don't if it is India based. It could be just be a tutorial center in major cities over there.
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by Oyerinde16(m): 2:10pm On Aug 17, 2023
ify84:

Kwara state university does it in 18 months...
Though I go from abj from time to time...
We have some elders going from here...
We add money, buy fuel go n come weekends.
U can check it out...

Some other universities in !
Nigeria run it as well... Just try to find out...
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by africanman85: 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2023
idanone:
federal University oye, Bells university of technology ota, unilag, with one private university in Osun, but for the first 2 am 100% sure because I have people who finish there.
Do u know any Uni in the East I can convert. Especially around Abia state ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? / Eight Things Remarkably Successful People Do / M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.