Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? (13018 Views)

Can A 35 Year Old Still Get Appointment Into Federal Civil Service / Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn / The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by africanman85: 2:13pm On Aug 17, 2023
Oyerinde16:

Kwara state university does it in 18 months...
Though I go from abj from time to time...
We have some elders going from here...
We add money, buy fuel go n come weekends.
U can check it out...

Some other universities in !
Nigeria run it as well... Just try to find out...
Do u know any Uni from East ?

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by ify84(m): 2:19pm On Aug 17, 2023
Oyerinde16:

Kwara state university does it in 18 months...
Though I go from abj from time to time...
We have some elders going from here...
We add money, buy fuel go n come weekends.
U can check it out...

Some other universities in !
Nigeria run it as well... Just try to find out...

Thanks. I am in the east, looking for options around the east.
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by snoopz: 2:40pm On Aug 17, 2023
Depends, if the institution you finished from is recognised in the academic space, you're good, but if it's not, don't bother yourself it will be rejected when it's time for conversion

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by udeh3(m): 5:09pm On Aug 17, 2023
ify84:

NBTE is not serious. Why India? I have tried it out... Fees is 1,000 dollars. That is some 800k. Why can't Nigerian universities run this.

Well, i am making inquiries to know which 9ja university that does this conversion

Many Nigerian university are into top-up but, it's mostly 2yrs

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by Boyjaco: 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2023
Yes they even respect Ghana Benin coton Nou Madagascar certificate to Nigeria
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by masqot(m): 7:03pm On Aug 17, 2023
SeniorRef:
I was employed into the Nigeria Civil Service with HND.Recently,National Board for Technical Education NBTE in collaboration with some foreign University came up with a program where you can top-up your HND to B.Sc in one year.I have already started my application but I have some concerns. Some of the foreign Universities I saw on the site are based in India.
Now my question is can I use a certificate I obtained online to do my career Conversion?
2.Can I use a Foreign certificate from India to do my Conversion?
Pls,Admin guys should help provide answers to these questions. Thanks
Yes, you can use foreign certificate for career progression in the civil service given these conditions;
1.) The certificate must come from recognized and certified institution
2.) The institution must be certified to run the course of study ( some run courses not accredited for them)
3.) Served or exempted from national service (NYSC)
4.) Carry your HR along to ascertain their disposition towards the Institution. The HR can verify for you while you do your personal due diligence too.
Note: the tuition of that India stuff is on the high side. Besides, you may tow the line of running PGD and Masters towards your conversion too if it’s allowable on your cadre.
Best of luck bro.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by Villagepeople1: 7:10pm On Aug 17, 2023
Ignatius Ajuru University of Education portharcourt HND conversion is a year. Remember, it's a State University of Education.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by Smartwave: 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2023
ify84:

NBTE is not serious. Why India? I have tried it out... Fees is 1,000 dollars. That is some 800k. Why can't Nigerian universities run this.

Well, i am making inquiries to know which 9ja university that does this conversion
Many Nigeria university offer HND/BSC conversion, Lauth Ogbomoso, kwara State University, uniport , ABU etc. Almost all private university in Nigeria offers conversion programme.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by goldmatrix(m): 8:15pm On Aug 17, 2023
Are you asking the head of civil service?
.... This program is just very new naa. Who go give you better answer here?
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by goldmatrix(m): 8:16pm On Aug 17, 2023
[

Prices

quote author=patrislayqueen post=125168205]Yes you should be able to...

Meanwhile, GAS CARBURETOR CONVERTER is still much available... Pay on delivery.[/quote]
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by piscesgem(m): 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2023
SeniorRef:
I was employed into the Nigeria Civil Service with HND.Recently,National Board for Technical Education NBTE in collaboration with some foreign University came up with a program where you can top-up your HND to B.Sc in one year.I have already started my application but I have some concerns. Some of the foreign Universities I saw on the site are based in India.
Now my question is can I use a certificate I obtained online to do my career Conversion?

Leave that NBTE stuff, too exorbitant, you can try ignatus Ajuru University in PH if you can, I know they run a one year HND to B.Sc conversion course, the last I knew of it was for engineering courses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by Zinpat: 9:20pm On Aug 17, 2023
ify84:

University of Port Harcourt and Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, both here in Rivers state do conversion program

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by akaahs(m): 10:19pm On Aug 17, 2023
ify84:

Bros as innnn ehhhh.
When i opened the application portal of mewar University India, i saw registration $1000 & $50 admission fee, i freak out.
Luke what d hell is wrong with nbte know fully the condition of most people in Nigeri, they can not negotiate a better price
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by LadiIshola(m): 10:44pm On Aug 17, 2023
ify84:

Lagos State University LASU does it too, you can check it out.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by PacyPro: 6:04am On Aug 18, 2023
SeniorRef:

You're belaboring yourself. There are many universities in Nigeria with part time programs you can enroll with and get a B.Sc. certificate depending on your course of study anyway. The worst scenario is to change your course of study and see if you can use your HND to gain 200 level entry.
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by phemmyfour: 9:24am On Aug 18, 2023
SeniorRef:
It won't work. It's better to go for 4year bsc course local or international or look for school that accept direct msc using hnd
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by patrislayqueen: 12:49pm On Aug 18, 2023
goldmatrix:
[

Prices

quote author=patrislayqueen post=125168205]Yes you should be able to...

Meanwhile, GAS CARBURETOR CONVERTER is still much available... Pay on delivery.

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by Antichristus: 1:45am On Aug 19, 2023
ify84:

Look at Afe Babalola University. However, I do not think it's one year conversion, though.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by TeamXola(m): 8:41am On Aug 19, 2023
It seems Nigeria don’t recognize international certification or degree. I have been looking for job with UK masters degree in Public Health with no result yet.
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by idanone(m): 6:31am On Sep 27, 2023
africanman85:
Do u know any Uni in the East I can convert. Especially around Abia state ?
I think Abia state University or Enugu state University confirm from there, but the surest one that I know that there program is fast is Kwara state polytechnic and also the first to offer top up
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by africanman85: 9:57am On Sep 27, 2023
idanone:
I think Abia state University or Enugu state University confirm from there, but the surest one that I know that there program is fast is Kwara state polytechnic and also the first to offer top up
Can d Kwara state Uni own be done via online ?
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by idanone(m): 10:45am On Sep 27, 2023
africanman85:
Can d Kwara state Uni own be done via online ?
I don't think so but you can try for kwasu, other university you will have to spend 3 years but kwasu is 2years and very cheap.
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by hakeem4(m): 1:00pm On Nov 24, 2023
iLoveYouToo:
Only in Nigeria. I don’t see any reason why Bsc and HND shouldn’t be at par
A Diploma and a degree should be at par? do you also want O'level and PHd to be at par ?
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:21pm On Nov 24, 2023
hakeem4:
A Diploma and a degree should be at par? do you also want O'level and PHd to be at par ?

How you think your example is analogous to the subject is truly worrisome. Whatever school you attended needs to give you a refund
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by oluwatobi01(m): 9:29pm On Nov 24, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

How you think your example is analogous to the subject is truly worrisome. Whatever school you attended needs to give you a refund

How can u say someone dt enter
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by oluwatobi01(m): 9:30pm On Nov 24, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

How can u say someone dt enter sch wth 160 jamb score should be at par with someone dt
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by oluwatobi01(m): 9:38pm On Nov 24, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

How can u say someone dt enter sch wth 160 jamb score should be at par with someone dt score 200+..

Someone dt was lectured by Prof should be at par with someone taught by a master holder..

Degree and Diploma na mate? or d credit units na the same?...

The only edge diploma hv over degree is dt u guys see jobs alot, due to the fact dt employers are looking for whom to give 50k highest 80k as peanuts salary and can only do that with a diploma holder..

Canal is different from Canada, na Nigerian economy spoil market for degree holders...

It is well...

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by hakeem4(m): 9:39pm On Nov 24, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

because a degree and diploma can never be at par, grin you truly need the refund
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by iLoveYouToo(m): 3:56am On Nov 25, 2023
oluwatobi01:

How can u say someone dt enter sch wth 160 jamb score should be at par with someone dt score 200+..

Someone dt was lectured by Prof should be at par with someone taught by a master holder..

Degree and Diploma na mate? or d credit units na the same?...

The only edge diploma hv over degree is dt u guys see jobs alot, due to the fact dt employers are looking for whom to give 50k highest 80k as peanuts salary and can only do that with a diploma holder..

Canal is different from Canada, na Nigerian economy spoil market for degree holders...

It is well...

Being able to read and write doesn't make you educated.

HND holders obtained an OND before moving on to obtain an HND. Put together they spend at least 4 years in school and maybe more of you include out of school attachment/IT.

As for entry requirements, I know private schools in Nigeria (prior to 2018) that admit students who scored less than 160. Some even admitted without UTME, yet they all earned bachelor's degrees.

People study online these days and earn bachelor's degrees without ever engaging with a lecturer directly, keep playing.

Most polytechnic graduates are more practically skilled than their university counterparts.

Professorship is purely political, if you actually went to school you won't argue that there are Msc holders who lecture and impact better than some 'professors'
Re: Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? by IRAMN: 2:45pm On Dec 05, 2023
Sir, someone has advised you correctly. Yes, you can work with it and also do University linkage or conversion programmes. You can as well do your PGD or Master Programme here in Nigeria.

You may find this information helpful;

The Institute Of Registered Administrative Managers of Nigeria IRAMN also known as Council of Registered Administrative Managers of Nigeria is established as a Limited by Guarantee Company under the Act 1 Cap 59 of 1999; thereby drawing its power to operate from this Act of Parliament. The institute establishment is bore out of the interest of her promoter's interest to advance the practice of Administrative Management. See More Here www.regdmanager.org

OBJECTIVES
The primary objective of the Institute is to have an association of men and women who are equipped and constantly keeping abreast with evolving skills, knowledge and experiences in Administrative Management. These competences are encouraged to be applied by Members to their individual and corporate Administrative schedules for the ultimate well-being of the society. To Learn More, Visit www.regdmanagrr.org

MEMBER'S PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCES
To achieve the overall aim of the Institute and have a clear cut areas of practice, the institute has identified five mandatory competencies for her Members. These are;
1. Organization System Development
2. Office Space and Facilities Management
3. Job Analysis To Support Human Resources Management Functions
4. Meetings Management
5. Office Information and Records Management
These competencies form the framework of IRAMN'S professional membership qualifying exams and continuous member's capacity development programmes.

MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
1. Prospect of Occupational and Career Growth
2. Economic and Social Network
3. Use of Prefix
4. Institute Electronic Register
5. Induction and Investiture
6. Membership Certificate and Plague

Do you know anyone in the field of Administrative Management?

Are you seeking a rewarding career path and you don't know where and how to go about it?

Are you a graduate and you want to run an academic exchange programme but you don't know where to start?

Do you want to improve your Administrative Management competences and knowledge for optimum productivity and earning potential?

Worry no more, as the Institute Of Registered Administrative Managers of Nigeria (IRAMN), offer degree linkage programmes, academic exchange programmes for graduates. It has a professional membership qualifying exams for admissions of individuals members who seek to join its membership.The Institute also hold conferences, seminars, symposia, meetings pertaining to discussions of Administrative Management in line with its core objectives.

Our programmes are vast both national and international in scope. We have partnership with both local and international academic institutions. You can take course from the comfort of your home and office. We have experienced and professional lecturers and teachers in various field of study.

You can visit: www.regdmanager.org for further information
Email: info@regdmanager.org

National Secretariat;
7A, Junction Road by Sardauna Crescent,
Kaduna.

ABUJA OFFICE;
Royal Blessed Plaza,
Plot 2312 Mbende Street,
Wuse Zone 3,
FCT, Abuja, Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's A Fair Junior Developer's Monthly Salary? / Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? / M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.