Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,139 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? (14217 Views)

7 Ways Nigerian Couples Can Make Their Marriage Work Again / Husbands Urged To Do This For Their Wives So Their Marriage Could Work. Photos / Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Styluss: 2:23pm On Aug 22, 2023
No, as busy as I was, I had the time, just couldnt meet, I call and care always. We are in same city but i have a very tight schedule that I can only get a time out once a month, its beyond my control.
I use to tell her, if I had a regular job time, she will be considered busy because she flies and she only have time a few times per week herself. but she loves intimacy and obviously, once a month is crazy

She fell off along the line, and when I pleaded, I think she already moved on cos she acted as if I did more than that.

Kobojunkie:
I thought you said she was the one who didn't really have time for the relationship as much as you had? Or was it more that your schedules didn't align well? undecided
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by ChiefOkporghe: 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2023
pansophist:
When it comes to romantic relationships, always go with biological reality, instead of social reality.

Biological reality would be a man marrying a woman he can take care of, is taller than and younger than her, a woman that will appreciate the experience he can give her, etc.

If you are a vulcanizer man shooting for a wealthy female banker, then you're conforming to social reality, and it hardly works.

For example, if you have 5k naira and want to feed for the whole day, it's foolish to go and eat in KFC. Buying something to cook or a roadside buka will give you more value for your money.

Let the richer women be with men that are richer than them, and you should be with a woman that in her reality, you're a catch. It's the law of relativity.

No de do pass yourself.
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Myrepublic(m): 2:25pm On Aug 22, 2023
sharpwriter:

You are right about some ... but this CEO of yours maybe don see shege for men hand for past, and she dey look for husband desperately and had also been advised to be humble. And then this man she married also shows that he is a good man coz if na some, dem go don manipulate how to take all her properties and render her useless pretending to love her. Life sometimes no suppose hard.
Walai. You no lie.

1 Like

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2023
Styluss:
No, as busy as I was, I had the time, just couldnt meet, I call and care always. We are in same city but i have a very tight schedule that I can only get a time out once a month, its beyond my control.
I use to tell her, if I had a regular job time, she will be considered busy because she flies and she only have time a few times per week herself. but she loves intimacy and obviously, once a month is crazy

She fell off along the line, and when I pleaded, I think she already moved on cos she acted as if I did more than that.
Ok undecided
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Posh2018: 2:30pm On Aug 22, 2023
ideamonster:
The potential threat the career of a woman can cause to her marriage especially if her husband isn’t as successful as she is has always been a point of discussion. Moreover, some single men are even afraid to marry a woman who is successful in their chosen career than them. Some believe that the norm is husbands “should” hold higher job status relative to their wives. When this norm is violated, and wives hold the higher status job, negative consequences can follow: Women are more likely to be targets of husbands’ aggression, and the risk for divorce increases.

Question
is it a crime for a woman to succeed in her chosen field or earn more?

Women are generally hypergamous. So a tendency to look upward to men higher in status than them. So if the guy does not have any other thing to maintain her gaze after losing his financial position to her, then there is problem.

A rich woman needs to have other controlling lever. Either the guy is handsome, famous, knowledgeable or just another attributes that thrills her. Otherwise, the relationship breaks down as she loses interest in him.

Reason money alone doesn't help the man this days, especially when there is a semblance of independence on her part.

Solution: people should not marry with consideration of wealth. U must find something else that is eternal as point of connection. Pure Love is it, but may be difficult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUrng-mfZpQ
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by hansomb: 2:32pm On Aug 22, 2023
pansophist:
When it comes to romantic relationships, always go with biological reality, instead of social reality.

Biological reality would be a man marrying a woman he can take care of, is taller than and younger than her, a woman that will appreciate the experience he can give her, etc.

If you are a vulcanizer man shooting for a wealthy female banker, then you're conforming to social reality, and it hardly works.

For example, if you have 5k naira and want to feed for the whole day, it's foolish to go and eat in KFC. Buying something to cook or a roadside buka will give you more value for your money.

Let the richer women be with men that are richer than them, and you should be with a woman that in her reality, you're a catch. It's the law of relativity.

No de do pass yourself.
I agree with you. What if the man is short?
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Posh2018: 2:32pm On Aug 22, 2023
ideamonster:
The potential threat the career of a woman can cause to her marriage especially if her husband isn’t as successful as she is has always been a point of discussion. Moreover, some single men are even afraid to marry a woman who is successful in their chosen career than them. Some believe that the norm is husbands “should” hold higher job status relative to their wives. When this norm is violated, and wives hold the higher status job, negative consequences can follow: Women are more likely to be targets of husbands’ aggression, and the risk for divorce increases.

Question

Women are generally hypergamous. So a tendency to look upward to men higher in status than them. So if the guy does not have any other thing to maintain her gaze after losing his financial position to her, then there is problem.

A rich woman needs to have other controlling lever. Either the guy is handsome, famous, knowledgeable or just another attributes that thrills her. Otherwise, the relationship breaks down as she loses interest in him.

Reason money alone doesn't help the man this days, especially when there is a semblance of independence on her part.

Solution: people should not marry with consideration of wealth. U must find something else that is eternal as point of connection. Pure Love is it, but may be difficult.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Styluss: 2:36pm On Aug 22, 2023
grin I wasnt planning to marry in the first place. Painful but not marriageable

Kobojunkie:
Ok undecided
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 2:37pm On Aug 22, 2023
Styluss:
grin I wasnt planning to marry in the first place. Painful but not marriageable
For you, maybe, but not for someone else. undecided
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by talented321: 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2023
An experience would have been better''
Hassanmaye:

Right now I want to marry from a rich family but my salary is just 70k, Omo I don't want to Miss this opportunity. I just want to know the problem, is it ego? See finish or what

1. Haven't u experience women in ur area of work or compound how women who are doing well behaves like they are special''
2. It has its own merits and demerits'' but it is very challenging when the woman is full of pride''
3. You may not see those red flags in the beginning but after some years into the marriage she will show u those signs except you also good in packaging urself.
4. It is very easy for a rich woman to divorce u'' look at nigerians actresses and many more'
5. Many of them are not faithful because they travel alot and have chance to do whatever they want'
6. There is a right u potray when living with the woman of ur standard and that of a rich woman'' you know the power that comes with cash even as man''

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by magabounce(m): 2:45pm On Aug 22, 2023
pansophist:

No de do pass yourself.
Aptly put!!!
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by coputa(m): 2:50pm On Aug 22, 2023
Very few women can manage success that's why ninety percent of their marriage don't work, look at late Saint obi's wife.
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by folake4u(f): 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2023
Insecure men have this weird obsession with "humbling" women with the Marriage talk everytime.

Fuçking losers.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by stewarto1: 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2023
the bottom line is that all women are the same
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by adonaimart(m): 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2023
No matter what female groups or advocates will say; human relationships are guided by biological traits.

Man na man and woman is a woman..

We should teach our present day boys to love and cherish our women/girls more, whether they are poor or rich.

1 Like

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by okewumi: 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2023
Is only insecure men.
Okonjo oweala is still with her husband and you will know she comes from a good home. A well brought up high lady will manage her home without ego. I have many as friend and they are wonderful wife to their husband.
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:09pm On Aug 22, 2023
talented321:
An experience would have been better''
1. Haven't u experience women in ur area of work or compound how women who are doing well behaves like they are special''
2. It has its own merits and demerits'' but it is very challenging when the woman is full of pride''
3. You may not see those red flags in the beginning but after some years into the marriage she will show u those signs except you also good in packaging urself.
4. It is very easy for a rich woman to divorce u'' look at nigerians actresses and many more'
5. Many of them are not faithful because they travel alot and have chance to do whatever they want'
6. There is a right u potray when living with the woman of ur standard and that of a rich woman'' you know the power that comes with cash even as man''
I got it now
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by IamMobisola(f): 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2023
Nigerian/African men are the ones with the problem. For them it is a Taboo for their wives to be richer/more successful than them.

Beyoncé is more successful and richer than Jay Z but they are still married today.
Cardi B is more successful and richer than her husband.
Ciara is richer and more successful than her husband and they have been married for years.
Kerry Washington; an American actress is richer and more successful than her husband, but they have been married for over 10 years. The list is endless

1 Like

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Aug 22, 2023
okewumi:
■ Is only insecure men.
Okonjo oweala is still with her husband and you will know she comes from a good home. A well brought up high lady will manage her home without ego. I have many as friend and they are wonderful wife to their husband.
Are you as an individual willing to be subjected to living under the same rules she imposes on her family as a result of her success? Or are you under the inane notion that her husband somehow controls her and what not? undecided
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by AntiWailer: 3:29pm On Aug 22, 2023
Yes when they marry a low life.

That is why as a lady, you should know that you can marry,
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by zeestone99(m): 3:35pm On Aug 22, 2023
ideamonster:

Question

We often get this narrative wrong. Men don't stay away from rich women. Men stay away from rich women with bad attitude. When some women have money they believe they are above the tutelage of any man, majority men stay away from such women either rich or poor but mostly rich.

1 Like

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Blitzking: 3:35pm On Aug 22, 2023
ideamonster:

Question

A man doesn't have to be richer than his wife.but he shouldn't be a loafer..he should have a life and shouldn't depend on her stuff. From the little he has he should buy gifts for her that will bring memories and not monetary value..rich women appreciate memory More than monetary value of gifts..if ur took bill Gates daughter to one clean mama put where palm wine is served in a calabash she will appreciate it more than going to the calivigny island if you borrow money just to impress her. Na poor women dey consider price.. my hair is 700k..my nail is 100k blabla bla
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by superjaks(m): 3:36pm On Aug 22, 2023
Their husbands are exceptional men

If you know you know cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by razzydoo(m): 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2023
IamMobisola:
Nigerian/African men are the ones with the problem. For them it is a Taboo for their wives to be richer/more successful than them.

Beyoncé is more successful and richer than Jay Z but they are still married today.
Cardi B is more successful and richer than her husband.
Ciara is richer and more successful than her husband and they have been married for years.
Kerry Washington; an American actress is richer and more successful than her husband, but they have been married for over 10 years. The list is endless
you better stop lying to prove your evil agenda.

1 Like

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by fimzzy1991: 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]
what if the poor woman gets rich and later leave you?

Marry a child of God and be one!

talented321:
It is choice' there are 80% chances that a woman who is doing well more than you will take advantage of you except the matured ones''
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:47pm On Aug 22, 2023
Karleb:
I remember when one agba one Twitter asked if women wanted to be richer than their husbands, majority said no. They prefer to their husband to be richer.

I want to have my own money - more than I could ever need, attain my dreams.

But I really would love that my man has more than I have on the whole.

There's an inexplicable affection that comes with having a man who can spoil you, who is capable, whose ego I don't have to mind.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by descartes400: 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Probably because it was exactly that, you wanting the relationship more than she did. How is she to blame for that? undecided

You are projecting...and speculative at best with your response...you can possible know what the woman want more that the man who found the relationship tiring to say the least.
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Styluss: 3:49pm On Aug 22, 2023
Lol, yes, that's why her first one failed, even after a child, he still didnt consider her worthy? so who am I?

Kobojunkie:
For you, maybe, but not for someone else. undecided
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Akuruoulo(m): 3:54pm On Aug 22, 2023
talented321:
When starting mariage don't start with a woman who is richer than you''

Stiry
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by jeromestarks: 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2023
talented321:
When starting mariage don't start with a woman who is richer than you''
Three bottles of COVID -19 for you.
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On Aug 22, 2023
Styluss:
Lol, yes, that's why her first one failed, even after a child, he still didnt consider her worthy? so who am I?
Now you resort to telling stories? What happened to moving on abeg? undecided
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by talented321: 4:00pm On Aug 22, 2023
My man how far na
jeromestarks:
Three bottles of COVID -19 for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Advantages Of Using The Vacuum Cleaner For House Cleaning / Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? / Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.