Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,912 members, 7,824,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? (14262 Views)

7 Ways Nigerian Couples Can Make Their Marriage Work Again / Husbands Urged To Do This For Their Wives So Their Marriage Could Work. Photos / Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by macfish101(m): 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
Persephone1:
The problem isn't always with the women but the men. grin
explain please
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by ItisWell22(f): 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2023
PrimadonnaO:

I want to have my own money - more than I could ever need, attain my dreams.

But I really would love that my man has more than I have on the whole.

There's an inexplicable affection that comes with having a man who can spoil you, who is capable, whose ego I don't have to mind.

I love your sincerity! đŸ«¶

1 Like

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Jeferious: 7:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
Exceed15:
I do not have issue with my wife richer than me. We are not in a competition. What I have problem with is when she's trying to be the man in the marriage.
For me, whether the woman is rich or not is not an issue. So far as I can take care of my own bills and sh!t, I don't give a f##k. For me, I'd rather marry a promiscuous richer woman than a "decent" leech. My money is my life. I don't play with it at all grin grin grin.

The mistake some men make is to kill their own career in order to join hands to push their richer and seemingly brighter wife's ambitions. It is from that day that the man loses his footing as the head. Even if your hustle no too bright, keep grinding. If anything like a misunderstanding should occur, you'd still have your own business to mind.

On a final note, when you're sure that as a man, you bring much more to the table than just money, you won't be insecure with a richer woman, as you have other things to offer
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Jeferious: 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2023
cococandy:
Women if you are in a position to improve yourself, don’t do it so that you don’t mistakenly surpass your man. That would be too woke and unnatural. It goes against nature.

If you’re already married and an opportunity comes your way that will make you more money but unfortunately it means your income will now be higher than your husbands income, reject the opportunity. Or get divorced. either way it will ensure you are not in a marriage where your income can exceed your man’s.

Carefully curate your life so that you can have money but never more than him. If you’re getting paid for something and it turns out it’s going to be a bigger check than what’s he’s getting on his end, refund some of the money. God forbid you earn more than him.

If you have a business and get a chance to expand your operations, don’t take the chance. How are we going to explain it? That you defied the natural order of things and sort to grow yourself and your career?

Y’all are so mind numbingly xtupid with these threads and responses. May God protect women from marrying their enemies. Enemies of progress
I'm with you on this one. See how people are subtly encouraging women not to make progress in life. For what That is the very height of insecurity.

This is part of the reason why I must marry a rich lady, Inshallah. Someone who can take care of herself with her OWN resources. If you're a mad woman, I would love to see the madness on time. I don't want to be with a pretender "humbled" by poverty. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Jeferious: 8:03pm On Aug 22, 2023
Ferrous:
My girlfriend now is contesting for the office of SUG VP in one of Nigerian universities which I'm also a student of the university, but, I don't delve into students politics. The thing now is, she hardly have time for me. And the relationship now is becoming shaky because of her ambition.
If you sense a competition, embrace it. Develop your own ambitions and follow it through and through. Madness only understand madness grin
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by eteebanky: 8:12pm On Aug 22, 2023
To me, I'm averagely okay

I can't settle for less anytime I want to marry

My wife must be rich/career lady
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by cococandy(f): 8:16pm On Aug 22, 2023
When Chimamanda said it they almost came for her head. But she was right. They want women to be successful but not too successful. Always threading a thin line below which you’re a liability and beyond which your success starts to piss people off because now you can’t be “controlled”. It’s exhausting

Jeferious:
I'm with you on this one. See how people are subtly encouraging women not to make progress in life. For what That is the very height of insecurity.

This is part of the reason why I must marry a rich lady, Inshallah. Someone who can take care of herself with her OWN resources. If you're a mad woman, I would love to see the madness on time. I don't want to be with a pretender "humbled" by poverty. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by isabi2lof: 8:21pm On Aug 22, 2023
Those in trenches are not happy either , if my mama get money wella , I bet you , I no go dey this country now , she fit give you her last card .., even now with the little she get , the money dey go long way for the family..

Nothing sweet inside poverty, I wan born all my pikin inside wealth by God's grace..
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by BRATISLAVA: 8:21pm On Aug 22, 2023
Zigzagman:

so all men should marry poorer women?

And later whine endlessly that they are being used and that they are being leeched on.

Boys don't know what they want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Jeferious: 8:38pm On Aug 22, 2023
cococandy:
When Chimamanda said it they almost came for her head. But she was right. They want women to be successful but not too successful. Always threading a thin line below which you’re a liability and beyond which your success starts to piss people off because now you can’t be “controlled”. It’s exhausting

That's their problem. Truth be told, I'm a misogynist too, but not this insecure type. If I'm better than a woman, I have to prove it with "hard evidence", not unnecessary explanations grin, nor with unnecessary envy.

If as a man, money is the only tangible thing you can offer, then a richer woman should intimidate you
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by cococandy(f): 8:44pm On Aug 22, 2023
Jeferious:
That's their problem. Truth be told, I'm a misogynist too, but not this insecure type. If I'm better than a woman, I have to prove it with "hard evidence", not unnecessary explanations grin, nor with unnecessary envy.

If as a man, money is the only tangible thing you can offer, then a richer woman should intimidate you

Well your self awareness is top notch.đŸ‘ŒđŸŸ

I personally prefer to know what I’m dealing with than those who “don’t hate women” but day in day out everything they say indicates otherwise

2 Likes

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Jeferious: 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2023
cococandy:

I personally prefer to know what I’m dealing with than those who “don’t hate women” but day in day out everything they say indicates otherwise
Don't mind them. They want to control the other gender, but some of them are not in control of their own lives grin grin. All the same, I have my own convictions, and one of them is that I can't marry a girl of lower social class. I'm too much of a blessing for that kind of person grin grin grin
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:06pm On Aug 22, 2023
IamMobisola:
Nigerian/African men are the ones with the problem. For them it is a Taboo for their wives to be richer/more successful than them.

Beyoncé is more successful and richer than Jay Z but they are still married today.
Cardi B is more successful and richer than her husband.
Ciara is richer and more successful than her husband and they have been married for years.
Kerry Washington; an American actress is richer and more successful than her husband, but they have been married for over 10 years. The list is endless

Beyonce isn't richer than Jay Z, though.
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by jeromestarks: 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2023
talented321:
My man how far na
I dey chief. I dey see how you dey give dem back-to-back.
Carry on man.
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Advancedman(m): 10:11pm On Aug 22, 2023
ideamonster:
The potential threat the career of a woman can cause to her marriage especially if her husband isn’t as successful as she is has always been a point of discussion. Moreover, some single men are even afraid to marry a woman who is successful in their chosen career than them. Some believe that the norm is husbands “should” hold higher job status relative to their wives. When this norm is violated, and wives hold the higher status job, negative consequences can follow: Women are more likely to be targets of husbands’ aggression, and the risk for divorce increases.

Question
is it a crime for a woman to succeed in her chosen field or earn more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUrng-mfZpQ

Marriage no dey respect status good or bad.
It's just that brats tend to abuse status in order to manipulate.
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by IamMobisola(f): 10:17pm On Aug 22, 2023
PrimadonnaO:

Beyonce isn't richer than Jay Z, though.
Dey play
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Ferrous(m): 11:26pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Do you call and text her as often as you want to though? Or do you wait for her to do it before you respond? I mean there are various ways to inundate the person you wish to stay connected with these days -- email, text message, snail mail, drop-offs at her door, answering machine, social media comments, likes, etc. So, are you at least making sure to do your own due diligence? undecided
I call her often times. Sometimes, when I call her, she would ask me to cut it for her to pick up another call, unlike before.
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Ferrous(m): 11:29pm On Aug 22, 2023
Jeferious:
If you sense a competition, embrace it. Develop your own ambitions and follow it through and through. Madness only understand madness grin

Though, I'm going towards the end of my programme, but, I will think about this. However, I'm into secular politics.
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by pansophist(m): 11:51pm On Aug 22, 2023
hansomb:
I agree with you. What if the man is short?

Then he should marry a woman shorter than him, or supplement his lack of height with a deep pocket, and an admirable social status. Men's values are not solely on their looks.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by pansophist(m): 12:00am On Aug 23, 2023
EconomistXplain:

very true....women marry only class and not the man

It is true a lot of time, but not always.

I was watching a relationship match show on youtube recently, and one tall girl (about 6.2 feet) was among the participant, desiring to be matched to a man.

All the men that came out were shorter than her, even though some were at least six feet tall. I just felt sorry for her. Even worse, she has high taste (which she confuses with class).

Her human hair was 500k, her phone iPhone 14 pro max and she talks about how she is looking for a caring man that will treat her like a princess grin

I just shake my head and concluded that this particular girl does not live in reality. I mean, most men in Nigeria are not up to six feet, Nigeria does not feature in the list of very tall men.

And if she luckily finds a man taller than her, will he want her, and if he does, will he be wealthy to afford her standard? For women, going high in status simply means their attraction to men gets smaller and smaller.

Her status becomes a punishment to any man that is with her since her satisfaction can only be achieved by his ability to measure up to the so-called standards she thinks she deserves.

It doesn't matter if the minimum wage is not up to 50 dollars, that's his problem, not hers.

Hypergamy is not static, it is incremental. Then it seems like considerations about a man's character are considered last after the social scores have been met.

I pray she met her perfect man, but living, in reality, will help her meet him faster. This is how delusions and hypergamy punish women. Since the more they earn, the more they prize themselves out of the reach of most men.

Female celebrities find it hard to marry compared to male celebrities, and it is the same dynamic. So yes, women of today mostly marry class, not the man.

A wealthy ritualist will get the best of girls than a hardworking uber driver that is a church choir.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Cromagnon: 5:50am On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
A question I would like to direct at these particular women is why do they marry these insecure men to begin with? undecided
rich man scarce
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Emodeee: 6:22am On Aug 23, 2023
erai30:
If a woman truly loves you her money will be yours in the marriage, just make her happy and comfortable with you.

Dey playcheesy.
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by hansomb: 8:47am On Aug 23, 2023
pansophist:

Then he should marry a woman shorter than him, or supplement his lack of height with a deep pocket, and an admirable social status. Men's values are not solely on their looks.
yea , the deep pocket works like magic and the social status is an icing on the cake
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by AntiTerrorist: 9:00am On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Isn't the reason the man attempts the same title the fact that he too has money and his woman supposedly doesn't. What is wrong with the woman attempting the very same when she too has money?. undecided

2. You mean in the world you live in, women who have money don't get married? undecided

1. Would you like it if your wife is the head of your family and you being submissive to the woman you paid for her bride price?

2. Your level of understanding though grin
Did that means women who have money don't get married?
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Farfalla(f): 9:40am On Aug 23, 2023
folake4u:
Insecure men have this weird obsession with "humbling" women with the Marriage talk everytime.

Fuçking losers.

That's why I encourage you to either japa from that cave or minimize your interaction with the neanderthals. angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by folake4u(f): 10:41am On Aug 23, 2023
Farfalla:

That's why I encourage you to either japa from that cave or minimize your interaction with the neanderthals. angry

I'm telling you oh because what is this weird obsession with women's lives all time!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Kobojunkiee: 11:48am On Aug 23, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
1. Would you like it if your wife is the head of your family and you being submissive to the woman you paid for her bride price?

2. Your level of understanding though grin
Did that means women who have money don't get married?
1. So, by virtue of paying that bride price, you take it to mean you outright own the "head of family" title over her, even if she makes much more money than you do? She can never attempt to buy her freedom from that bondage, is it? I hope you also won't complain in the case that she decides to keep all her money to herself too in the marriage. undecided

2. I asked that question because some other suggested that rich women have attitude problems that are not suited for marriage. Next time, try to read up the follow up to the question before you jump in to respond. undecided
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by AntiTerrorist: 12:20pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. So, by virtue of paying that bride price, you take it to mean you outright own the "head of family" title over her, even if she makes much more money than you do? She can never attempt to buy her freedom from that bondage, is it? I hope you also won't complain in the case that she decides to keep all her money to herself too in the marriage. undecided

2. I asked that question because some other suggested that rich women have attitude problems that are not suited for marriage. Next time, try to read up the follow up to the question before you jump in to respond. undecided

1. So, by virtue of paying that bride price, you take it to mean you outright own the "head of family" title over her, even if she makes much more money than you do?
Yes

She can never attempt to buy her freedom from that bondage, is it? I hope you also won't complain in the case that she decides to keep all her money to herself too in the marriage
What do you mean by bondage? Do you mean being submissive one's husband means living in bondage?

2. I asked that question because some other suggested that rich women have attitude problems that are not suited for marriage.
Most rich women have attitudinal problems that are not suited for marriage. They are mostly divorcees.
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Kobojunkiee: 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
■ Yes
What do you mean by bondage? Do you mean being submissive one's husband means living in bondage?
■ Most rich women have attitudinal problems that are not suited for marriage. They are mostly divorcees.
1. The following is your own post.
AntiTerrorist:
You are more than aware that the bride price you paid is a form of bondage your wife is bound to. So why the silly pretense given that you don't think yourself capable of living under same terms. undecided

2. Assumptions don't facts make. undecided
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by Kenechukwu98: 12:37pm On Aug 23, 2023
For me I won't settle with a woman than have more than me ooo 😜 instead make we keep friendship level o na contact me I need only. Excel more make me I dey excel join.
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by BItt: 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2023
cococandy:

grin grin the hate starts and ends online
Re: Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? by BItt: 1:35pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kenechukwu98:
For me I won't settle with a woman than have more than me ooo 😜 instead make we keep friendship level o na contact me I need only. Excel more make me I dey excel join.
There is nothing bad in having a woman that earns better than you. It will help your kids grow ad you both will be able to excel CONVINIENTLY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Some People Fear Registry Wedding? / What's The Best Gift You've Ever Received Either From Family Or Friends? / Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.