Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin (16137 Views)

Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni / Elebuibon Chides Emir Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Isese Festival In Ilorin / Why We Cancelled Yoruba Cultural Ceremony, Isese Festival – Emir Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by mutvy: 10:52am On Aug 18, 2023
This is expected from a bastard that worships cross May God punish you forever.[%quote author=EKONGKING post=125185952]Muslim cannot handle what they dish out to other people.

These idiots say they are religion of peace but do opposite of it.
Just like prostitute claiming to be a virgin .

Idiots.
[/quote]
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 18, 2023
SSpeter:
This is a Yoruba ancestral religion, yet they were stopped from performing it, in a Yoruba land ... Yoruba Ronu!

Peace loving Igbo people from very far away East be their headache, one day we go roast them alive like chicken

Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by sofiscatedmoron: 10:54am On Aug 18, 2023
Westerhoffe:

Tell ne the origin of the name Ilorin?
Is not by naming, is ozunba mbadiwe in Lagos means is owned by ibo?

1 Like

Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 18, 2023
Orbhagbemi555:
Ipob pig parading as a Yoruba

This Osu Outcast from Kwara state still dey drag IPOB name on top of Fulani order been giving to them
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by NOwazobia: 11:02am On Aug 18, 2023
JooEeL:

Osun is Isese land. Muslims should go to Ilorin and do their prayers there.
That is not correct.

The last time Isese festival was done in Osun, the Isese worshipers had to take permission from the Muslims worshipers, before they were allowed.

In no distance time, Osun will become Illorin(Kwara).

Isese festival is done with permission in Osun state. cheesy
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by Truthee: 11:04am On Aug 18, 2023
YellowbaMoslem:
Even as a Yoruba Muslim, this is bad.
There is freedom of religion, and we shouldn't intimidate our brothers that wants to exercise their freedom of worship.

No matter how much we try to impress the caliphate, a Yoruba Muslim can never be an imam in a Northern mosque.

This ass-licking has to stop.

We yoruba Muslims are not fools.

I love whomever is behind this account. grin grin
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by Truthee: 11:07am On Aug 18, 2023
Alabaintprice:
Yoruba ronu......

B4ST4RDS from the west don calm down....

they cannot even RONU again....

Fulanis twerking on their tradition like no man's land...

Ilorin is a Yoruba speaking state but islam run the town...

I feel so pained at this point.

How can Fulani take over a Yoruba speaking state yet the pathetic hogwash....
The lunatics
The dimwita can't even raise a single stone to fight for there State

Bunch of lazy cowards.....

Irresponsible F4GG0TS

They keep suspending all their traditions because their slave master the fulanis has given there order...

Even IFA cannot save them...

Bro you just murdered some folks grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by EKONGKING: 11:08am On Aug 18, 2023
mutvy:
This is expected from a bastard that worships cross May God punish you forever.[%quote author=EKONGKING post=125185952]Muslim cannot handle what they dish out to other people.

Idiots.
A child fucking bastard that slams head on a rock , whose God is so impotent that he needs moronic followers like u to punish others.

2 Likes

Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by ariesbull: 11:10am On Aug 18, 2023
NOwazobia:
That is not correct.

The last time Isese festival was done in Osun, the Isese worshipers had to take permission from the Muslims worshipers, before they were allowed.

Is it that bad....hmmm this is just terrible
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by Majesty7: 11:16am On Aug 18, 2023
ariesbull:
if they give una room una go do Oro festival

Oro festival are aboriginal rites. These are practice that have been in existence before any of these foreign beliefs.

Only fools will condemn their traditions. Saudi still maintains their traditions. Israel do have traditions till date. Every responsible countries kept their tradition alive but FOOLS thought otherwise
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by shantti(m): 11:25am On Aug 18, 2023
Leave ikwerre, sorry I mean illorin people alone, they are a full fledged ethnic group. That they speak Igbo, sorry I mean Yoruba doesn't make them yourba. Port Harcourt, sorry I mean kwara isn't yorubaland

2 Likes

Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by ariesbull: 11:28am On Aug 18, 2023
Majesty7:

Oro festival are aboriginal rites. These are practice that have been in existence before any of these foreign beliefs.

Only fools will condemn their traditions. Saudi still maintains their traditions. Israel do have traditions till date. Every responsible countries kept their tradition alive but FOOLS thought otherwise
hmmmm u go speak English tire

Emir no even send turunchi
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by Majesty7: 11:42am On Aug 18, 2023
ariesbull:
hmmmm u go speak English tire

Emir no even send turunchi

Do you know Kaabah is a shrine? grin So sad, Ilorin lost itself.

Wish them all the best

1 Like

Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by slowice(m): 12:06pm On Aug 18, 2023
It's taken..... Make una rest
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2023
shortgun:
Victory, Gambaru won at last cheesy
The long epistle was not necessary grin grin

They might have won the battle but not the war, just watch and see
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by gotnel: 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2023
Thank God that all of us can not be reasony as a fool at the same time.

The Ifa Council have shown that they are much more secure and superior to the Islamic fanatics in Ilorin.
Religion freedom is the right of every one.

Ilorin Muslim worshippers are just deceiving themselves by not allowing Isese practitioners to have their ceremony.
In Oja oba market, very close to the emir Palace,
everything you want to buy to perform isese rituals are being sold openly and being patronise by the Alfas that are trying to stop the Ifa worshippers.
Let the deceiving of the people continue.
Everyone's knows how they are helping themselves spiritually.
God help us
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by GeneralPula: 12:55pm On Aug 18, 2023
Dollyak:

What makes your religion better than Ifa? There is a moral requirement to allow everyone to express their religion and celebrate however they wish.

I am nit going to beat around the bush, Muslims needs to learn to be tolerant of other religion. It's funny you mentioned skull mining, but islam related ideology is responsible for more death in Nigeria than any others.
You’re talking to a troll..

He’s from abia he won’t understand you..
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by syntekelite(m): 1:15pm On Aug 18, 2023
Ifa wey most imams and alfas dey patronise steady, in fact most muslim clerics are staunch members...
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by Damick1: 1:23pm On Aug 18, 2023
I’m not happy the way this current oni of ife is just silent about this matter. Even gani Adams is trying his best.

1 Like

Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by Omoawoke: 1:33pm On Aug 18, 2023
Alabaintprice:
Yoruba ronu......

B4ST4RDS from the west don calm down....

they cannot even RONU again....

Fulanis twerking on their tradition like no man's land...

Ilorin is a Yoruba speaking state but islam run the town...

I feel so pained at this point.

How can Fulani take over a Yoruba speaking state yet the pathetic hogwash....
The lunatics
The dimwita can't even raise a single stone to fight for there State

Bunch of lazy cowards.....

Irresponsible F4GG0TS

They keep suspending all their traditions because their slave master the fulanis has given there order...

Even IFA cannot save them...

Hate has blinded you. Do you know the people fighting the ifa are misled Yorubas who think Islam is better than their traditions

Same way igbos bow their heads to white statues of Mary and the saints thinking they are better than them

This is an African problem and Yorubas are the first trying to come out of Abrahmic religion

1 Like

Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by francotunsco: 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2023
I love the position and the articulate presentation of the writer of this piece.

The writer says if they inflicted injury on the muslims, they would have injured their brothers being that they are first Yorubas practising foreign religion and if the muslims inflicted injury on them, they would have been injured by their brothers. What an expression!

They also said they choose to abide by the dictate of their religion which preaches PEACE! what an irony. It appear these guyz are even more peaceful than these purpoted holier than thou extremists!
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by OriOko88(m): 2:12pm On Aug 18, 2023
juman:
I was member of extremist Islamic group when I was young.
This isese thing is opportunity for such groups to shine and popular.
Such groups would certainly attack them even severely if needed.

The leadership in the state took wise decision to avert that.
Ori yin ti daru sir. E ma sofo ni
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by luluman: 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2023
NOwazobia:
Fully conquered.

I envy the Fulanis doggedness. cool

Action speaks louder than just shouting & screaming. 🤤
Yiebos, always disappointed when others allow peace
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by Shattuck(m): 3:34pm On Aug 18, 2023
Lanretoye:
For national peace...the statement released by the council will make someone like me rather worship ifa than go to mosque,religion must be peaceful no matter what.all other religions apart from tradition are alien and any religion that does not respect the constitution of a state is not a true religion.
The government on its own part could as well approve a venue like the stadium for their festival like the LASG did during ambode regime for the eyo festival so as not to disenfranchise any body.
true words, never been a fan of traditional worship, but kudos must go to the ifa community for exemplifying true humanity by not resulting to violence, this is where the Islamic community always fail thinking the can bully and oppress others into submission to their ways, all these are just signs of insecurity which can mostly be found in Islam,as a Christian obviously for me I rather convert to ifa than Islam.
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by vannessa7(f): 4:07pm On Aug 18, 2023
Many ignoramus defending isese if only they know what they are really talking about. I know many of them especially the non Yorubas defending isese are just ruble rousers, anything to incite Yoruba against each other or against Fulani tribe, they will labour in vain forever, but for those genuinely advocating for isese, hmm, you won't be proud to learn all you are doing is advocating for the devil who has set himself up as a rival to Almighty God, demanding worship too, making people do everything that is exactly the opposite of what pleases God whereas he cannot create anything neither does he have any heaven to take his followers to.

All this isese hype is a new generation fad that is gaining ground, Yorubas have since dump idolatory and embrace Christianity and Islam for several years, many of our mothers had to fight and sweat their blood in prayer to get rid of the burden of idol in the family only for this new generation to be trying to revive this vile evil idolatory through isese, they are not aware that somebody fought for the progress and prosperity they see in their lives, they want to put themselves in bondage again, many of them even claim there is no God and the Bible and Quran are trash, if only God will open their eyes to know the truth before it's too late.

God hates isese with perfect hatred and He did not hide it in his books, He shouted about it in the Quran and Bible and anyone who claim they are not aware of that fact is a liar. It is the first commandment out of the ten commandments and Deuteronomy 28 addressed it in a way that any sane person should be too afraid to touch isese with a long pole.

They talk about foreign religion, unless you believe you were not created by God then you are not under any obligation to obey Him, God chose Abraham and started His relationship with mankind through him, the fact that Abraham is not a Nigerian does not mean you don't have any right to the religion that came through him, God cannot call every nation, He always start with a seed which will grow to a forest, stop having local complex about Christianity and Islam, it's for every human on earth.

By the way I'm sure about all I wrote up there because I'm gifted with the gift of revelations and visions, I see and hear the spiritual regularly, I commune with angels and I get divine direction regularly, it's not an easy life because you carry so much burden having so much spiritual gifts, I hear the angels of any church or mosque I enter into, I see angels in mosques now that I'm a Muslim, I've seen so many demons I cannot count, I spend long time in prayers praying for others because of the revelations I received about them, even people I don't really know and I see what I should not even see regularly, scary stuffs. I have seen heaven and hell, they exist perfectly, don't be deceived. I must not hate or live an unholy life, I must not even move near anything isese, it is an evil thing destroying the world because the anger of God will always be on idolaters. Don't be deceived.
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by vannessa7(f): 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2023
Majesty7:

Do you know Kaabah is a shrine? grin So sad, Ilorin lost itself.

Wish them all the best

Don't be ignorant

https://youtube.com/shorts/0KSjGT4CCrM?feature=share
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by JooEeL(m): 5:27pm On Aug 18, 2023
NOwazobia:
That is not correct.

Ko ni ragba fun idile re
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by Majesty7: 5:28pm On Aug 18, 2023
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by vannessa7(f): 5:33pm On Aug 18, 2023
Majesty7:

I am Mu².
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by BnQoyyim(m): 6:03pm On Aug 18, 2023
YellowbaMoslem:
Even as a Yoruba Muslim, this is bad.
There is freedom of religion, and we shouldn't intimidate our brothers that wants to exercise their freedom of worship.

No matter how much we try to impress the caliphate, a Yoruba Muslim can never be an imam in a Northern mosque.

This ass-licking has to stop.

We yoruba Muslims are not fools.

Oniranu ọmọ inna !

1 Like

Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by BnQoyyim(m): 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2023
EKONGKING:
Muslim cannot handle what they dish out to other people.

Idiots.

E de pain you?
Na im go pain you die.
Re: Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin by Alabaintprice(m): 6:19pm On Aug 18, 2023
Thewesterner:
I understand your pains Alaba International Prince...Can't see these pains ending soon

Go and take back your Yoruba state back from your slave masters.....

Time will tell you that Igbo is not your problem but I trust your insanity to still lie to you and make you see otherwise ...

Unil then continue to suffer for your ignorance and allow your politicians to use hate to make you see who doesn't hate you.....

Why bother myself..... You still won't see it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? / Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. / Ndokwa People Of Delta: Interestd In Finding Out More of ur Background & Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.