Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! (6145 Views)

Discussion Of Whether The Watchtower Society Is A Cult Group / self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by true2god: 5:47am On Aug 27, 2012
truthislight:

what is this?

Is this all you came online to post?

However,

police are not part of the military even though they are some times militarise like the mobile police, in some countries.

My issue was that JW dont kill one another in the war of the nations.

Eg

as in Nigeria fighting a war with say cameroon

you will not have JW in Nigeria fighting there fellow JW in cameroon or any other human for that matter, by being part of the armed forces. (love of neighbour and their self)

JW dont support wars and they dont get INVOLVED in wars of the nations.

You can meet them to show you there bible base reason for being such christians and In this fashion.
in the instance you dont know meet them they will show you from the bible.

So, you cant get JW in nigerian killing JW in another country.

I dont know what you have with police.

Damed! You are so desperate.
ok tell me if Jw carry any international passport or Id in time of conflict that reads: I AM A JW
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by true2god: 5:50am On Aug 27, 2012
truthislight:

disgusting liars.

Proove me wrong or test me.
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by true2god: 5:58am On Aug 27, 2012
BARRISTERS: @true2God

the question here is ''supply your evidence that jws fix a date'' against jesus forbidden 'nobody knows the day and hour, 1914 is 'a year' your claim that jws fix a date, must be proved, so are you afraid? or your friends are not responding as usual? maybe you have swallowed more than you can chew oga, supply us the fixed date, se-o-ti-gbo! meaning, you do hear?
Maybe u dnt understand my question here, lemme repeat it to u again: 'frm ur independent point of view, and not wat watchtower told u, wats the biblical proove of 1914 as the year of ur 'christ presence'
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by true2god: 5:59am On Aug 27, 2012

the question here is ''supply your evidence that jws fix a date'' against jesus forbidden 'nobody knows the day and hour, 1914 is 'a year' your claim that jws fix a date, must be proved, so are you afraid? or your friends are not responding as usual? maybe you have swallowed more than you can chew oga, supply us the fixed date, se-o-ti-gbo! meaning, you do hear?
Maybe u dnt understand my question here, lemme repeat it to u again: 'frm ur independent point of view, and not wat watchtower told u, wats the biblical proove of 1914 as the year of ur 'christ presence'. Pls dnt dabble into ur characristic 'olodo' abuse and simply xpalin thing to me.
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by BARRISTERS: 10:40am On Aug 27, 2012
Maybe u dnt understand my question here, lemme repeat it to u again: 'frm ur independent point of view, and not wat watchtower told u, wats the biblical proove of 1914 as the year of ur 'christ presence'. Pls dnt dabble into ur characristic 'olodo' abuse and simply xpalin thing to me.

thank God you are learning yoruba, olodo-rabata-oju-eja-lomooje, thats the full word!

you need to supply your proof on 1914 boy!
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by truthislight: 11:16am On Aug 27, 2012
true2god: ok tell me if Jw carry any international passport or Id in time of conflict that reads: I AM A JW

they just make their stand clear that they take no side on the conflict QED

in does not matter which part of the world they are their stand is the same they are neutral in conflict.

I suppose you had said that you had studied the bible with JW did they not teach you this?

It is also on this basis that hitlar Germany issue came up.

They simply are neutral.
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by truthislight: 11:19am On Aug 27, 2012
true2god: Proove me wrong or test me.

you said you studied with the JW and you dont know their bible base reasons for their non involvement in conflict?

Those that not make you a liar?
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by truthislight: 11:22am On Aug 27, 2012
true2god: Proove me wrong or test me.

you said you studied with the JW and you dont know their bible base reasons for their non involvement in conflict?

Those that not make you a liar also?

Add to the proof that barrister has been asking you to show.

You lie in many front.
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by truthislight: 11:26am On Aug 27, 2012
true2god: Maybe u dnt understand my question here, lemme repeat it to u again: 'frm ur independent point of view, and not wat watchtower told u, wats the biblical proove of 1914 as the year of ur 'christ presence'

ignorance is no excuse.

There is a bible base calculation to that effect and you dont know.

Meet the JW to show you and you come and disprove it.

Again you studied with the JW and you have not come across that calculation?

Liar.
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by truthislight: 11:30am On Aug 27, 2012
true2god: Maybe u dnt understand my question here, lemme repeat it to u again: 'frm ur independent point of view, and not wat watchtower told u, wats the biblical proove of 1914 as the year of ur 'christ presence'. Pls dnt dabble into ur characristic 'olodo' abuse and simply xpalin thing to me.

meet JW that are busy teaching people the bible free of charg all over the world they will teach you.

Is your bible study schedule on the internet forum?
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by true2god: 2:47pm On Aug 27, 2012
truthislight:

meet JW that are busy teaching people the bible free of charg all over the world they will teach you.

Is your bible study schedule on the internet forum?
I dnt think u a familiar with e-learning otherwise u would have known that the world hav moved beyond classroom studies. My simple request remains that u shuld xplain to the whole world, via this medium, hw Jw arrived at 1914, or r u not sure of wat u r sayin, or not competent enof to handle this type of question. If u r sure of wat u r saying i ask again: expplain, in ur own term, hw Jw arrived at 1914, dats all.

Let me giv u an hint if u dnt knw hw to start.
1. Go through the book of daniel on the 'seventieth week' of the gentiles. Find out the through year, via secular history like encyclopedia brittanica, the actual year the babylonians invaded jerusalem.
2. Study the book of matthew on christ prediction of the destruction of the jewish holiest of holies by the roman empire.
3. And study medevial history on the conquest of Jerusalem on AD 72.
Use this hints, and do ur mathematics again, on which u rely on to arrive at years, on issue that are purely spiritual matters.

Since u guys try to use human wisdom to determine the years God have purpose in his infinite wisdom to determine the course of human history, do the calculation and research for ursef and arrive at 1914.

And u if cant do personal research to arrive at ur official 1914 stp goin frm house to house teachin pple wat u dnt knw and cant convincingly defend. That amount to lie and deceit. Ok?
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by BARRISTERS: 4:55pm On Aug 27, 2012
@true2God

I dnt think u a familiar with e-learning otherwise u would have known that the world hav moved beyond classroom studies. My simple request remains that u shuld xplain to the whole world, via this medium, hw Jw arrived at 1914, or r u not sure of wat u r sayin, or not competent enof to handle this type of question. If u r sure of wat u r saying i ask again: expplain, in ur own term, hw Jw arrived at 1914, dats all.

1. Go through the book of daniel on the 'seventieth week' of the gentiles. Find out the through year, via secular history like encyclopedia brittanica, the actual year the babylonians invaded jerusalem.
2. Study the book of matthew on christ prediction of the destruction of the jewish holiest of holies by the roman empire.
Use this hints, and do ur mathematics again, on which u rely on to arrive at years, on issue that are purely spiritual matters.

Since u guys try to use human wisdom to determine the years God have purpose in his infinite wisdom to determine the course of human history, do the calculation and research for ursef and arrive at 1914.

And u if cant do personjavascript:void(0);al research to arrive at ur official 1914 stp goin frm house to house teachin pple wat u dnt knw and cant convincingly defend. That amount to lie and deceit. Ok?

1914 stands no doubt about that,jws did not claim that there would be end in 1914, jws did not change on that,no apologies,it marks the last days!!! but the issue is that you said that the calculation is wrong! then give us the right calculation.

you dont have any? and you dont have proof on the day and hour?

i wonder how your illiteracy will help you to translate this one now!
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by BARRISTERS: 4:55pm On Aug 27, 2012
@true2God

And u if cant do personjavascript:void(0);al research to arrive at ur official 1914 stp goin frm house to house teachin pple wat u dnt knw and cant convincingly defend. That amount to lie and deceit. Ok?

1914 stands no doubt about that,jws did not claim that there would be end in 1914, jws did not change on that,no apologies,it marks the last days!!! but the issue is that you said that the calculation is wrong! then give us the right calculation.

Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by true2god: 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2012

I initially assumed that u were learned but i was completely wrong. Just exposin ur leve of stupidity to the whole wide world over the internet. I gav u a hint of wat an average Jw knows as a guide and u ended up writin garbage without any sense of decency.
An adult is meant to be analytical in reasonin but u r not. Anyway i belive u r just tryin to save face owing ignorance in spiritual matters. If u r a serios person u could hav wisely responded to my last post and act like a responsible person and not like an agbero.

So this is the sort of study u r undergoing. What a shame! I tot u r an 'intelligence officer' but a crook. Well may God have mercy on ur soul.
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by BARRISTERS: 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2012
@true2God

I initially assumed that u were learned but i was completely wrong. Just exposin ur leve of stupidity to the whole wide world over the internet. I gav u a hint of wat an average Jw knows as a guide and u ended up writin garbage without any sense of decency.
An adult is meant to be analytical in reasonin but u r not. Anyway i belive u r just tryin to save face owing ignorance in spiritual matters. If u r a serios person u could hav wisely responded to my last post and act like a responsible person and not like an agbero.

So this is the sort of study u r undergoing. What a shame! I tot u r an 'intelligence officer' but a crook. Well may God have mercy on ur soul.

sorry-boy telling you to go back to school is not an insult! you cant comprehend matters well its showing everywhere over you!!! if you are told one is not helping you,

Im dying here with laughter when you mention agbero! the complete yoruba word is Agbero-omo-ita!!! you know that most jws do pamper you with sincerity you people dont deserve,but you turn it to their being stupid, and im very happy that you are angry now, no apology pls, i gave you a matured analysis up there,only for you to start proving smart calling the jws GB names, who gave you the autorithy to be saying what you dont know, that having more hours preaching,the jws cant feed their family? is it encouraging? or do you respect the dignity of others by saying that? is it not? what does it take you to comport yourself ask question respectfully and get a respect back in return.
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by true2god: 9:55pm On Aug 27, 2012

sorry-boy telling you to go back to school is not an insult! you cant comprehend matters well its showing everywhere over you!!! if you are told one is not helping you,

Im dying here with laughter when you mention agbero! the complete yoruba word is Agbero-omo-ita!!! you know that most jws do pamper you with sincerity you people dont deserve,but you turn it to their being stupid, and im very happy that you are angry now, no apology pls, i gave you a matured analysis up there,only for you to start proving smart calling the jws GB names, who gave you the autorithy to be saying what you dont know, that having more hours preaching,the jws cant feed their family? is it encouraging? or do you respect the dignity of others by saying that? is it not? what does it take you to comport yourself ask question respectfully and get a respect back in return.
I choose not to respond again since u need professional consellin on hw to relate well among public audience. Argument, disagreement, and variance in opinion are part of human social trait but when the limit of tolerance is stretched, its better silence is maintained.

I dnt knw u and u dnt knw me as well, this an anonymous forum, i think for our best interest, we shelve the discussion (bw us for now) and hope u see anoda time a more friendly atmosphere.

Gd nite.
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by BARRISTERS: 11:36pm On Aug 27, 2012
@true2God

I choose not to respond again since u need professional consellin on hw to relate well among public audience. Argument, disagreement, and variance in opinion are part of human social trait but when the limit of tolerance is stretched, its better silence is maintained.

I dnt knw u and u dnt knw me as well, this an anonymous forum, i think for our best interest, we shelve the discussion (bw us for now) and hope u see anoda time a more friendly atmosphere.

Gd nite.

Good-boy! thanks for that!
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by truthislight: 11:52am On Aug 28, 2012
true2god: I dnt think u a familiar with e-learning otherwise u would have known that the world hav moved beyond classroom studies. My simple request remains that u shuld xplain to the whole world, via this medium, hw Jw arrived at 1914, or r u not sure of wat u r sayin, or not competent enof to handle this type of question. If u r sure of wat u r saying i ask again: expplain, in ur own term, hw Jw arrived at 1914, dats all.

And u if cant do personal research to arrive at ur official 1914 stp goin frm house to house teachin pple wat u dnt knw and cant convincingly defend. That amount to lie and deceit. Ok?

you dont even know what you are saying,

infact am Westing my precious time with you here.

JW proof this date by the hour to all that are interested, but since you are so lazy you wish only for elearning you want me to west my time here to proof a very simple thing that you dont know and cant learn cus of your laziness.

Just imagine the rot you pened down there.

West of time.
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by truthislight: 12:00pm On Aug 28, 2012
true2god: I initially assumed that u were learned but i was completely wrong. Just exposin ur leve of stupidity to the whole wide world over the internet. I gav u a hint of wat an average Jw knows as a guide and u ended up writin garbage without any sense of decency.

So, this is the sort of study u r undergoing. What a shame! I tot u r an 'intelligence officer' but a crook. Well may God have mercy on ur soul.

yes you are right, an adult should be reasonable enough to think befor writing that JW fixed day and hour of the end.

But no, you did not think logically befor lying at such level.
Then, are you an adult or an irresponsible kid that comes hear to west our time with lies?
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by MyJoe: 5:35pm On Aug 28, 2012

Wrong. It was preached that Christ’s presence (last days) began in 1874 and would end in 1914 along with the Gentile Times. It was only in 1925 they CHANGED to saying that 1914 was now the beginning of the parousia. Here:

Page 235 of The Harp of God:
"This date, therefore, when understood, would certainly fix the time when the lord is due at this second appearing. Applying the same rule, then, of a day for a year, 1335 days after 539 A.D brings us to 1874 A.D, at which time, according to Biblical chronology, the Lords presence is due…[/b]The searcher of truth can find an extensive treatment of this question in volumes 2 and 3 of ‘Studies in the Scriptures’.”

And, here, the [b]Zion’s Watchtower of 15 July 1894, page 1677
:
“We see no reason for changing the figures – nor could we if we could. They are, we believe, Gods dates and not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble.”

And then, here is the Proclaimers book, pp138-9 10, talking about the year 1925:
“A real milestone was reached, therefore, in 1925, when The Watch Tower of March 1 featured the article ‘Birth of the Nation.’ It presented an eye-opening study of Revelation chapter 12. The article set forth evidence that the Messianic Kingdom had been born – established – in 1914, that Christ had then begun to rule on his heavenly throne, and that thereafter Satan had been hurled from heaven down to the vicinity of the earth. This was the good news that was to be proclaimed, the news that God’s Kingdom was already in operation.
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by tmed1(m): 9:49pm On Aug 28, 2012
Thanks Myjoe, u just expressed my thought. Barrister! Barrister! Ha ha...ur statement that JW did not claim that d end will arrive in 1914 is completely false. Even one of the board of directors in the Sect acknowledged this in the film called FAITH IN ACTION(Part 1) He said that at that time pple thought the end was going to come in 1914. Many began to sell their properties.After all, that was what their leader, Russell taught them.
Lastly, i've been reading ur comment lately(especially Truthislight) u both are applying d principle of Ad hominem, u are 'attacking the person rather than the argument'. U do not have to emulate your sect's negative qualities.
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by BARRISTERS: 10:08pm On Aug 28, 2012
Moderator-Myjoe 'actor-of the 2nd part' im happy you are here but would not hesitate to give you what you deserve if you play your usual gimic here, back to buz;

sorry, you have to provide a scanned copy of these issues before we can talk! search from 'actor of the first part'!
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by BARRISTERS: 10:12pm On Aug 28, 2012
ask myjoe yourself if what you are saying correspond with his, do jws say that the year 1914,the end would come?
Thanks Myjoe, u just expressed my thought. Barrister! Barrister! Ha ha...ur statement that JW did not claim that d end will arrive in 1914 is completely false.

olodo!
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by truthislight: 3:09am On Aug 29, 2012
MyJoe:
Wrong. It was preached that Christ’s presence (last days) began in 1874 and would end in 1914 along with the Gentile Times. It was only in 1925 they CHANGED to saying that 1914 was now the beginning of the parousia. Here:

Page 235 of The Harp of God:
"This date, therefore, when understood, would certainly fix the time when the lord is due at this second appearing. Applying the same rule, then, of a day for a year, 1335 days after 539 A.D brings us to 1874 A.D, at which time, according to Biblical chronology, the Lords presence is due…[/b]The searcher of truth can find an extensive treatment of this question in volumes 2 and 3 of ‘Studies in the Scriptures’.”

And, here, the [b]Zion’s Watchtower of 15 July 1894, page 1677
:
“We see no reason for changing the figures – nor could we if we could. They are, we believe, Gods dates and not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble.”

And then, here is the Proclaimers book, pp138-9 10, talking about the year 1925:
“A real milestone was reached, therefore, in 1925, when The Watch Tower of March 1 featured the article ‘Birth of the Nation.’ It presented an eye-opening study of Revelation chapter 12. The article set forth evidence that the Messianic Kingdom had been born – established – in 1914, that Christ had then begun to rule on his heavenly throne, and that thereafter Satan had been hurled from heaven down to the vicinity of the earth. This was the good news that was to be proclaimed, the news that God’s Kingdom was already in operation.

you have started bringing up oladegbu lies here.

That is what desperation can do.

Is that what you were ask to bring?
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by truthislight: 3:22am On Aug 29, 2012
t-med:
Thanks Myjoe, u just expressed my thought. Barrister! Barrister! Ha ha...ur statement that JW did not claim that d end will arrive in 1914 is completely false. Even one of the board of directors in the Sect acknowledged this in the film called FAITH IN ACTION(Part 1) He said that at that time pple thought the end was going to come in 1914. Many began to sell their properties.After all, that was what their leader, Russell taught them.
Lastly, i've been reading ur comment lately(especially Truthislight) u both are applying d principle of Ad hominem, u are 'attacking the person rather than the argument'. U do not have to emulate your sect's negative qualities.

did you listen to your self.

We are talking about the JW fixing the DAY/hour (eg 12:00hrs, wensday 28 of august 2012) and you are talking about what people imagination was about the out break of 1st world war.

If the director is a dishonest man why did you believe his statement on the video?

1914 remain as the end of the gentile time when christ begins his rule and no human knows the hour of the end of this system of things. QED
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by BARRISTERS: 9:38am On Aug 29, 2012
My own submission here is that since there is no date,or hour fixed by the jws when jesus says ''the day and hour'' nobody knows, im okay with the jws,at least it would have amounted to oversabi..like myjoe would render it, so untill someone provide a proof where they say that, they are still working within the limit by not pronouncing the day like 29/8/2012...,they have not cross the limit here!. im not a jw! but that is my opinion! and if there is an evidence to that, lets see that.
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by tmed1(m): 10:42am On Aug 29, 2012
BARRISTERS: My own submission here is that since there is no date,or hour fixed by the jws when jesus says ''the day and hour'' nobody knows, im okay with the jws,at least it would have amounted to oversabi..like myjoe would render it, so untill someone provide a proof where they say that, they are still working within the limit by not pronouncing the day like 29/8/2012...,they have not cross the limit here!. im not a jw! but that is my opinion! and if there is an evidence to that, lets see that.

But, do u agree that they failed by speculating a particular YEAR(1914,1925 and 1975) for the end?
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by BARRISTERS: 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2012
@t-med

But, do u agree that they failed by speculating a particular YEAR(1914,1925 and 1975) for the end?

do you read those claims that was brought? they are lifted sentences from a paragraphs, but unfortunately they could not lift the particular 'day' together, so i demand for a scanned copy so as to confirm,and also see wheather there is a fix date of a day in a month in particular year that jws actually says that the world would end.

speculate? is not the issue here? read the main topic here;
''FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES''

lets see what a calamity 'prophecy' in the bible looks like, there are three ingredients it must contain;
1, The prophecy must be relayed through vision, or revelation to a person who convey the message to the one concerned. watchtower never claim to receive any vision whatsoever concerning the endtime,but it was jesus who declare an end to come, but the 'day and hour' nobody knows, so jesus carries the burden of the claim of 'who prophecied endtime' in the first place.
2,A prophecy (of a calamity) must be specific to a day or count to a particular day of a month of a particular year. no evidence has been brought forward that indicate a particular date that jws 'fix' like 29/8/2012......

see an example of a ''prophecy of destruction'' here again, i have cited it before,
jonah 3:1-3,
1 Then the Lord spoke to Jonah [/b]a second time: 2 [b]“Get up and go to the great city of Nineveh, and deliver the message I have given you.”

NOTE ABOVE THAT JONAH HAS RECEIVE A 'REVELATION' AND WAS TO GO AND DELIVER IT JUST THE WAY IT WAS REVEALED TO HIM;

3 This time Jonah obeyed the Lord’s command and went to Nineveh, a city so large that it took three days to see it all.[a] 4 On the day Jonah entered the city, he shouted to the crowds: [size=14pt]“Forty days from now Nineveh will be destroyed!”[/size]

FOURTY DAYS WILL BE A MONTH AND FEW DAYS IN NISSAN CALLENDAR! THE PEOPLE CAN COUNT FROM THE 'HOUR' OF THE 'DAY' THEY HEARD THE MESSAGE WHICH WILL BE A PARTICULAR HOUR OF THE 41ST DAY, HAD IT BEEN WE KNEW THE DATE JONAH WAS SAYING THIS OF WHICH THE PEOPLE OF NINEVEH CAN SPECIFY THAN US NOW.

SO, THE ENTIRE NOTION THAT WATCHTOWER PROPHECIED IS COMPLETELY UNFOUNDED. THERE WAS NO INGREDIENTS LIKE WHAT A PROPHECY SHOULD LOOK LIKE, THE INGREDIENTS THAT ARE TO BE SATISFIED IS THE 'DAY' AND 'HOUR', ACCUSERS MUST COMMIT JWS TO DAY AND HOUR AGAINST JESUS CLAIM THAT ''NOBODY KNOWS THE DAY AND HOUR''

TO BE FAIR TO JWS, NOBODY HAS COME OUT WITH A 'FIX DAY OF 24HRS IN A MONTH OF 30DAYS' TO NAIL THEM EXCEPT WHAT CAN BE TERMED AS EMPTY INSULTS THAT DOES NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by truthislight: 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2012
t-med:

i think you dont understand what the JW said concerning 1914, 1975.

If you do you will know that what they are saying here is false.
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by grandstar(m): 10:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
Docjay487: [b]
1874 was exact date of our Lord's return. (The Time
Is At Hand, pg 170)

1914 marked the battle of the great day of God
almighty with the complete overthrow of the earth's
rulership. (The Time Is At Hand, pg 101)

1925 Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other Old Testament
patriarchs were resurrected and are now living on
earth. (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, pg 336)

1940 ushered the end of religion and with it the
complete downfall of satan's organization. (Religion
pg. 336)

1975 marked the end of 6,000 years of human history
and started the 1,000 year reign of Jesus Christ -
the millennium. (Life Everlasting in the Freedom of
the Sons of God, pg 29,30)

Q: -What is a false prophet? undecided

claim    being 'inspired'?
   -are we still to believe their claims of  undecided undecided

'inspiration'?

corrections? comments? objectios?____ All are

welcome.
[/b]

You claim that Jehovah's Witnesses have many false prophecie I find that quite amusing coming from a Pentecostal.

Pastor Tunde Bakare said God said he should contest for elections. Probably God did not inform him thathe would not win. Also there is the case of Pastor Reverend Okotie.

For every so called one of JW false prophecies there are thousands for Pentecostals. I have seen leaflets which said the end will come before 1992. Okotie said the Antichrist will come through cloning.

Why don't you point out the logs in the eyes of your own prophets. Then you can probably better see ours
Re: FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! by BARRISTERS: 10:51am On Aug 31, 2012
Docjay487:
1874 was exact date of our Lord's return. (The Time
Is At Hand, pg 170)

1914 marked the battle of the great day of God
almighty with the complete overthrow of the earth's
rulership. (The Time Is At Hand, pg 101)

1925 Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other Old Testament
patriarchs were resurrected and are now living on
earth. (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, pg 336)

1940 ushered the end of religion and with it the
complete downfall of satan's organization. (Religion
pg. 336)

1975 marked the end of 6,000 years of human history
and started the 1,000 year reign of Jesus Christ -
the millennium. (Life Everlasting in the Freedom of
the Sons of God, pg 29,30)

.....,INCOMPLETE SENTENCE SEVERED OR REMOVED FROM A PARAGRAPH! UNTILL THE FULL PARAGRAPHS WERE PROVIDED, IN FULL,IT WILL BE MISLEADING TO ACCEPT THIS QUOTE AS A PROPHECY,BUT RATHER A CALCULATED ATTEMPT TO DISCREDIT THE JWS!

THE ENTIRE NOTION THAT WATCHTOWER PROPHECIED IS COMPLETELY UNFOUNDED. THERE WAS NO INGREDIENTS LIKE WHAT A PROPHECY SHOULD LOOK LIKE IN ALL THE QUOTES ABOVE, THE INGREDIENTS THAT ARE TO BE SATISFIED TO QUALIFIED AS A PROPHECY MUST BE SPECIFIC TO (1)'DAY' AND (2)'HOUR', ACCUSERS MUST COMMIT JWS TO DAY AND HOUR AGAINST JESUS CLAIM THAT ''NOBODY KNOWS THE DAY AND HOUR''.

TO BE FAIR TO JWS, NOBODY HAS COME OUT WITH A 'FIXED DAY OF 24HRS IN A MONTH OF 30DAYS' TO NAIL THEM.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What God Cannot Do Does Not Exist! / Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists / Accept The Whole Truth By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.