Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,713 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg (58636 Views)

See The Tiny Catfish I Bought 2000 Naira This Morning. / See Yam I Bought For 1500 Naira. Did I Do Good Or Did They Shave My Head / See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by descarado: 2:41pm On Aug 19, 2023
fineboynl:
This new yam was sold to me for 2000 naira because i was a customer. In my present it was sold to another woman with abeg for 2500.

It was my usual customer and I bought more than one.

The increase was due to inflation in the country in addition to transportation cost.

This yam was cheap because if was onitsha yam that was transported to enugu. I was told the transport cost 200k.

Hausa yam wouldn’t be cheap either the ondo yam here was very small and expensive. Benue yam is yet to arrive but that still would be more costly.
That yam look like anam or ogbaru yam.
Onitsha don't have farm at all. Don't know how we started using this Onitsha yam to mean yam from towns close to Onitsha. I grew up hearing Onitsha yam. Nteje, anam, igbaru axis are yam farmers. These yams come from there. They are very close to Onitsha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by fineboynl(m): 2:45pm On Aug 19, 2023
descarado:

That yam look like anam or ogbaru yam.
Onitsha don't have farm at all. Don't know how we started using this Onitsha yam to mean yam from towns close to Onitsha. I grew up hearing Onitsha yam. Nteje, anam, igbaru axis are yam farmers. These yams come from there. They are very close to Onitsha.
the yam is popular for it firmness and sweet despite its new yam.
Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by Nice2023(m): 2:48pm On Aug 19, 2023
Acidosis:

Possible. Abuja got yam in excess, and the city is closer to Benue.

Closer to Kaduna,Nasarawa and Niger state...leave state the laziest set of people.
Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by Acidosis(m): 2:49pm On Aug 19, 2023
IconicR:
Which should even be cheaper

The state with lower insecurity level

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by Nice2023(m): 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2023
fineboynl:
maybe cheaper in the north but how you sure it’s this size?

Mine is even bigger than this...I will show u one.

Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by JONSYN7154: 3:09pm On Aug 19, 2023
fineboynl:
This new yam was sold to me for 2000 naira because i was a customer. In my present it was sold to another woman with abeg for 2500.

The increase was due to inflation in the country in addition to transportation cost.

This yam was cheap because if was onitsha yam that was transported to enugu. I was told the transport cost 200k.

Hausa yam wouldn’t be cheap either the ondo yam here was very small and expensive. Benue yam is yet to arrive but that still would be more costly.
come Benue make I dash you plenty yams.
Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by NoToPile: 3:43pm On Aug 19, 2023
I have never ever bought new yam this expensive as I bought this year.

New yam that people will be rushing and bending to pick 600, 700, 800 is what they are calling price for this year.

The first set I bought were small sized for 1500

This next set I bought 2k each I just dey wonder.

The only consolation is the yams are good

2k yam below, I put the 5liter keg for proper size estimation.

4 Likes

Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by fineboynl(m): 3:44pm On Aug 19, 2023
JONSYN7154:
come Benue make I dash you plenty yams.
sent it. Will pay the waybill. How many?
Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by JONSYN7154: 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2023
fineboynl:
sent it. Will pay the waybill. How many?
as many as you want
Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by fineboynl(m): 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2023
JONSYN7154:
as many as you want
let me see pictures
Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by JONSYN7154: 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2023
fineboynl:
let me see pictures
I wan give u yams for free u dey ask for picture.

Na wa for u o.

Anyway, never mind.
Na my fault
Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by Brownshoe: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2023
No be sellers fault, na the guy carry him GLK go market, small for 2k

2 Likes

Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by descarado: 7:22pm On Aug 19, 2023
fineboynl:
the yam is popular for it firmness and sweet despite its new yam.
Yep and very costly too.

1 Like

Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by descarado: 7:31pm On Aug 19, 2023
Acidosis:

Possible. Abuja got yam in excess, and the city is closer to Benue.
When I was in Abuja, the only yam I eat was water yam. That yam is the best in this world. I can eat it every day with red oil and pepper. I actually grew up with it. Mummy get it in bulk and store from benue. The dark and round type is the sweetest.
I don't know if that yam still exist.
Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by yarimo(m): 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2023
Wow lucky you op
Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by Wodu89: 8:32pm On Aug 19, 2023
NoToPile:
I have never ever bought new yam this expensive as I bought this year.

New yam that people will be rushing and bending to pick 600, 700, 800 is what they are calling price for this year.

The first set I bought were small sized for 1500

This next set I bought 2k each I just dey wonder.

The only consolation is the yams are good

2k yam below, I put the 5liter keg for proper size estimation.

Lobatan. You're measuring yams with kegs
Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by NoToPile: 10:04pm On Aug 19, 2023
Wodu89:

Lobatan. You're measuring yams with kegs

Lool I feel pictures can't really give the viewer an idea of the actual size if snapped alone, it will always depends on the camera angle. So it's better to have a standard besides it

4 Likes

Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by Wodu89: 10:06pm On Aug 19, 2023
NoToPile:

Lool I feel pictures can't really give the viewer an idea of the actual size if snapped alone, it will always depends on the camera angle. So it's better to have a standard besides it

Salary can no longer cater for feeding and transport fare again. The corntry is gone !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by NoToPile: 10:20pm On Aug 19, 2023
Wodu89:

Salary can no longer cater for feeding and transport fare again. The corntry is gone !

This chop money matter is a serious cause for concern, let's not even talk tfare at all.

I went to market on thursday, just to buy soup things and small stuffs that have finished at home the only major thing was palm oil 5liters, every other thing was stuffs like Crayfish, vegetables, plantain, tomatoes medium basket, pepper and Bawa I Don spend plenty money.

E bad so tey water leaf as in gbure that we used to pluck is expensive. Waterleaf oo

I looked at the 3 bagco sacks , I was like Nawa.

God will help us

1 Like

Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by ahnie: 10:32pm On Aug 19, 2023
NoToPile:

This chop money matter is a serious cause for concern, let's not even talk tfare at all.

I went to market on thursday, just to buy soup things and small stuffs that have finished at home the only major thing was palm oil 5liters, every other thing was stuffs like Crayfish, vegetables, plantain, tomatoes medium basket, pepper and Bawa I Don spend plenty money.

E bad so tey water leaf as in gbure that we used to pluck is expensive. Waterleaf oo

I looked at the 3 bagco sacks , I was like Nawa.

God will help us

Lolz I can relate!
Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by Nobody: 6:13am On Aug 20, 2023
Too expensive.

2k will give u about 4 tubers over here.
Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by fineboynl(m): 6:46am On Aug 20, 2023
Miracood2:
Too expensive.

2k will give u about 4 tubers over here.
which side?
Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by Tallesty1(m): 7:15am On Aug 20, 2023
IconicR:
He was cheated, what is he looking for in the market as a man?
Market women will prey on him
Been dey think say nah only for politics section you no get sense

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 20, 2023
Tallesty1:
Been dey think say nah only for politics section you no get sense
I'll eat you raw this morning if you don't behave
Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by Tallesty1(m): 7:18am On Aug 20, 2023
IconicR:
I'll eat you raw this morning if you don't behave
Start already
Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 20, 2023
Tallesty1:
Start already
It's like you don't know me, don't let this new monika mislead you. I demand an apology
Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by Tallesty1(m): 7:30am On Aug 20, 2023
IconicR:
It's like you don't know me, don't let this new monika mislead you. I demand an apology
I am an oldie here chief, have fought both the good and the bad fight. Seen the rise and fall of toughies and you don't amount to much in the way of being a toughy.

4 Likes

Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 20, 2023
Tallesty1:
I am an oldie here chief, have fought both the good and the bad fight. Seen the rise and fall of toughies and you don't amount to much in the way of being a toughy.
Dogon yaro like you.
By the way you still haven't shown me you height
Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by Tallesty1(m): 7:37am On Aug 20, 2023
IconicR:
Dogon yaro like you.
By the way you still haven't shown me you height
Just when I was beginning to celebrate your absence
Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by Justiceleague1: 8:51am On Aug 20, 2023
IconicR:
it's obvious mods yaff use ya old moniker to do 404 meat suya grin It's like you don't know me, don't let this new monika mislead you. I demand an apology

1 Like

Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by Calabar1stSon: 9:02am On Aug 20, 2023
fineboynl:

Learn to buy in bulk because it's a lot cheaper. I bought a dozen of yams a little bit smaller than yours early last month for 9k at the Bush Market.

I just came back from the market not long ago. They usually have their market days.

2 Likes

Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by CodeTemplar: 9:14am On Aug 20, 2023
Wow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Shares The Mouthwatering Food A Lady Missed After She Turned Him Down (Pix) / Four Days Without Meat, God Blessed Me With Monitor Lizard Meat (Photos) / A Nairalander Catches Snake Fish In Niger Delta - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.