Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? (18311 Views)

Subsidy Palliative: FG To Pay N5,000 To 10m Households For 6 Months / FG To Pay Nigerians Transport Allowance After Fuel Subsidy Removal- Zainab Ahmed / Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by occfx: 11:42am On Aug 20, 2023
Wainey:
If you pay the money into people's account, I do not think anyone will have more than N500, we are 200m people for fvck sake.

Now what about those that don't have bank account, that will be elitism at it's finest.

So what are you suggesting? That the governors should keep it.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 20, 2023
Kingsmeal:
Sometimes I wonder the kind of archiac system we practice in this country.

Everything in this country seems to be in the analogue way, despite the fact that technology is helping out this time.

Just few days ago, I read an online article that FG has released a sum of N5bn to States for subsidy Palliative and I wonder why doing so.

According to statistics, Nigeria's population is around 220m, then why is the FG giving N5bn to each state to use for palliative?

Why can't the FG pay in Nigerians directly into their accounts to support them in this trying time?

N500bn was already ear marked and approved for this subsidy removal Palliative.

This will even help to bring alot of people out of poverty and also support those doing businesses or another form of survival job.

Why is Federal Government giving states these money, knowing fully well that nothing will get to the populace.

Ordinary Covid 19 Palliative, we saw how all the states hid the pallatives, including traditional rulers, while the masses were crying of hunger.

The BVN can even be used to make these payments through the CBN directly to the accounts of every NIGERIAN. And even those that do not have accounts can even use the opportunity to create one and get their BVNs too.

Why is the NIGERIAN govt still practicing archaic administration? Why Why Why?

These said pallatives will be looted, some will be shared to party faithfuls and loyalists in all these states and not even the actual populace. Some will even use the pallatives for election Campaign and thereby making look like they're doing the people a favour.

Nigeria Why? Why are you still in this mudane practice?

If only you know the money is not for the masses. If it was, NIN/BVN was d only list needed to achieve the distribution. This would have achieved 2 things, distribute the money accountably and make more people register for the NIN and bvn. BVN accounts with a certain threshold will be automatically given the money. But the money is not for the masses
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Tyktoker: 11:52am On Aug 20, 2023
Forget them ohh, it is not palliative it is rewards for support under 100 days in office. They are using the social register Buhari used in 1984 as military head of state which they themselves confirmed all the people on the register are already dead!
Kingsmeal:

Everything in this country seems to be in the analogue way, despite the fact that technology is helping out this time.

Just few days ago, I read an online article that FG has released a sum of N5bn to States for subsidy Palliative and I wonder why doing so.

According to statistics, Nigeria's population is around 220m, then why is the FG giving N5bn to each state to use for palliative?

Why can't the FG pay in Nigerians directly into their accounts to support them in this trying time?

This will even help to bring alot of people out of poverty and also support those doing businesses or another form of survival job.

Why is Federal Government giving states these money, knowing fully well that nothing will get to the populace.

Ordinary Covid 19 Palliative, we saw how all the states hid the pallatives, including traditional rulers, while the masses were crying of hunger.

The BVN can even be used to make these payments through the CBN directly to the accounts of every NIGERIAN. And even those that do not have accounts can even use the opportunity to create one and get their BVNs too.

These said pallatives will be looted, some will be shared to party faithfuls and loyalists in all these states and not even the actual populace. Some will even use the pallatives for election Campaign and thereby making look like they're doing the people a favour.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by HighTableVoice: 11:53am On Aug 20, 2023
The money is for projects that can employ and still put money in people pocket. Gutter, roads, housing projects and all that. It is not for chop money and share share.. that's how money spreads.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Tyktoker: 11:55am On Aug 20, 2023
What stops them to have a national data base like countries they and their children are citizens!
Wainey:
If you pay the money into people's account, I do not think anyone will have more than N500, we are 200m people for fvck sake.

Now what about those that don't have bank account, that will be elitism at it's finest.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by ceejayluv(m): 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2023
Wainey:
lolz, u are doing the calculation wrongly
Of course,if they're to share the money to literally everyone including day Old babies, then lagosians will get less than 200 each.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by SuperWorld(m): 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2023
If we divide #500 billion by 200 million Nigerians, each person would receive 2.5 million.

This distribution of 500 billion to 220 million people would greatly benefit many individuals. However, if the funds are channeled through the state, there is a possibility that it may not reach the intended recipients. Therefore, I pray that our leaders are granted the wisdom to ensure its rightful distribution in the name of Jesus Christ.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Ayed44: 12:16pm On Aug 20, 2023
Which money are you people even talking about? If the said money is share equally among all 200 million Nigerians, each person will get roughly 2300 naira. Is that the money you want to use to solve the problem of high cost of living?
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by OlujobaSamuel: 12:22pm On Aug 20, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
stop making excuses for government.

ask yourself, how do people vote in even remote part of the country?

Because you live in village doesn't mean you can't come to the city to register for your one time bvn.

FG could partner with fintects to register people in remote part of the country like they do with voters card.

It's not rocket science.
I will incur 3k or more expenses because fg wan give me 5k abi na 8k.
The voters card you are talking about, some people paid to mobilize it to those villages, you need to visit some places to understand how things are.
Ask anyone you know that's into village outreach programs, you go understand
I was once into commodity, you will dispense about 2m in cash, they won't take transfer.
I had to stop the work when the attack rate on village roads was high.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Ayed44: 12:22pm On Aug 20, 2023
SuperWorld:
If we divide #500 billion by 200 million Nigerians, each person would receive 2.5 million.

This distribution of 500 billion to 220 million people would greatly benefit many individuals. However, if the funds are channeled through the state, there is a possibility that it may not reach the intended recipients. Therefore, I pray that our leaders are granted the wisdom to ensure its rightful distribution in the name of Jesus Christ.
500 billion naira divided by 220 million people is actually 2300 naira per person.

Do your maths properly.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by mastermaestro(m): 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2023
Wainey:
exactly, that how they behave, always quick to insult.

U are Obidient, I am ready to bet grin

Well ur calculation is wrong, that is why I know u are Obidient. if u share N2m to 200m Nigerians from the N5b,

N4b won't remain grin

You give yourself away as a very dumb fellow. The suffering in Nigeria presently has no party affiliation. Some of you deserve to live in the cave, honestly. You sound very irritating. angry
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Yusufisraelj(m): 12:29pm On Aug 20, 2023
Wainey:

Really do some reading bro those who have active accounts in the country as at two years that I check was 77 million. So let's say 90 million now.

Forty thousand will go round with plenty change at 500 billion.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Yusufisraelj(m): 12:34pm On Aug 20, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
Wrong. @220M population, #2M/head will cost them 440Trillion naira.

Even your own calculation is wrong.Children are products of family you don't add them to palliatives subsidies.

And why will federal government give out that kind of sum to the entire nation? There's something called minimum wage, at best that's what will go round.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by jegaxe(m): 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2023
The thing is that for Nigeria as a country to work , we the right leader. Someone who will take a bold step to put an end to this corruption. But one thing stopping us from getting to this stage is due to the fact that we have many ethnic groups. Different tribe . That where the problem really is , so we can't do things with one voice
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by FKMagazine(m): 12:53pm On Aug 20, 2023
That's why this country isn't working
The answer is simple, because of corruption
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Wainey: 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2023
Yusufisraelj:

Really do some reading bro those who have active accounts in the country as at two years that I check was 77 million. So let's say 90 million now.

Forty thousand will go round with plenty change at 500 billion.
so those that don't have accounts should not get the money, what is the difference between you and the politicians?
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by BeigJawnson(m): 1:24pm On Aug 20, 2023
Wainey:

Read the post again and see the OP's suggestion about those with no accounts...
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Feelings79: 1:27pm On Aug 20, 2023
aberdeenshire:
sharing 180billion by a population of 220million amounts to 818naira, wht can this do in the current economy?
Palliatives should be only available to the poor and not every Nigerian as your 220m figure is suggesting.There is a credible register of the poor developed by the world bank and the state governments,they could have used it but the current government preferred to dump it with no good replacement
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by EngrAdavuruku(m): 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2023
Tinubu called the 5bn palliative but it is actually compensation to the state Governors for their support and continual support. The ministerial appointment is purely thank you friends for your support. The same thing Buhari did that brought us to where we are economically now. Remember bailout funds and Paris club refund. When you continue to do the same thing then you will continue to get the same result. We think Tinuba will be different but this early signs is negating our thought.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Larryndelaw: 1:37pm On Aug 20, 2023
What do you really want. The last time the fed govt wanted to do it, you criticized the fed. Now they gave it to the governor, you are complaining. Now go and hold your governor responsible and leave the fed out of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by jacobson662(m): 1:37pm On Aug 20, 2023
nairalee:
why are u asking questions like this naaa?
why are u asking asif you are enemy of progress naa?
why are u an agent of sandsand pouring into another's garri?
this is the opportunity for someone to hammer
and u are now bringing logic
are u an agent of exposing embezzlement?
please dont be an E.P (enemy of progress)
let the thieving politicians breath!!!!!!!

But FG propose sharing 8k but we complained. I would have prefer that 8k sharing pathern to this cos this format, nothing will come out.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by luluman: 1:48pm On Aug 20, 2023
Wainey:

And how do we with acct get ours with the proposed method?
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by NinjaMetahuman: 1:50pm On Aug 20, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

I will incur 3k or more expenses because fg wan give me 5k abi na 8k.
The voters card you are talking about, some people paid to mobilize it to those villages, you need to visit some places to understand how things are.
Ask anyone you know that's into village outreach programs, you go understand
I was once into commodity, you will dispense about 2m in cash, they won't take transfer.
I had to stop the work when the attack rate on village roads was high.
facepalm.

I literally gave you fintect partnership.
You must really think those living in rural areas don't have banks or transact with money or have pos operators to give them money.
You must think they do their trading with trade by barter.

Like seriously.
It looks like you just want to argue for the sake of it.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by sparko1(m): 1:53pm On Aug 20, 2023
Kingsmeal:

I can't even wrap my head around this madness.

Why give governors money? For what exactly?

Highest any body will get is a pack of Spaghetti and some cups of rice and garri.

Did the you read, state governments have to return a percentage of the money. And 500bn is nothing in terms of money, if you divide that by 36 states you get 13bn, in a state like lagos with 20million people, that is about 650 naira, a state of 10 million get 1,300 naira, the smallest state, people will get about 5,000 naira at the most.

Take a look at that, let the chief, imam, pastor continue with it, I am sure you and I have no business talking about that kind of food.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by ojtech8291: 1:56pm On Aug 20, 2023
Nobody will testify to have benefitted from this scam by the government. It is all shadows palliatives. Heavy punishment for those involves this deception. They know the right thing to do but they won't do it. Wickedness in the high places.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Wettoid123: 1:57pm On Aug 20, 2023
In America during the last covid19 era palliative was paid to individual account why is Africa always different seems will love to suffer our citizens,
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Wainey: 2:10pm On Aug 20, 2023
BeigJawnson:

Read the post again and see the OP's suggestion about those with no accounts...
not every village has a bank branch.

Why didn't you suggest that only those with bvn can vote and see the chaos that will follow
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by johnog4sure: 2:14pm On Aug 20, 2023
Kingsmeal:

Many Nigerians do not understand how these things work, Government work like drug cartels, that 5bn sent to states is actually for the governors not for the people, the governor will now decide if he will share it to the people or use it to settle his croonies. The ultimate goal is to keep the people in total submission, by hook or by crook nobody cares about u!
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Versal: 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2023
Because they want the governor to still return some of the money back to them
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by chaloskyx: 3:21pm On Aug 20, 2023
Okay then how do the plan on sharing bags of rice to 200m people that means the would be one person to one cup of rice guess thats not elitism and its okay by you
Wainey:

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by kabillionaire(m): 3:23pm On Aug 20, 2023
Because, it's another system of looting
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by BeigJawnson(m): 3:35pm On Aug 20, 2023
Wainey:
not every village has a bank branch.

Why didn't you suggest that only those with bvn can vote and see the chaos that will follow

If the country is good enough, why can't there be banks in rural areas? And as it is now in this country, are you now saying we don't have Banking agents(POS) in rural areas that can help people to open accounts? And if the palliatives can't be distributed through accounts, why can't it be shared with identification, by using voter's card and que?
Since Nigeria no won upgrade for anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

236 People Buried After IDP Camp Bombing By Nigerian Jet - Official / Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] / Atiku Abubakar Visits Victims Of Mubi Bomb Blast In Adamawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.