Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? (18297 Views)

Subsidy Palliative: FG To Pay N5,000 To 10m Households For 6 Months / FG To Pay Nigerians Transport Allowance After Fuel Subsidy Removal- Zainab Ahmed / Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by descarado: 10:23am On Aug 20, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
Because they are looting the money and not for any palliative..
What do you expect.
Politics is business.
These people spent millions to billions. When you guys were quoting how much you will collect before endorsement, before you carry flyer, you forgot those who invested in it will recoup their money and make profit?

Until you become a Nigerian politician, u will understand.
The only man that wanted to reduce the useless spending was still betrayed by those that collected money.
So stop complaining
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by chatinent: 10:23am On Aug 20, 2023
Wainey:
If you pay the money into people's account, I do not think anyone will have more than N500, we are 200m people for fvck sake.

Now what about those that don't have bank account, that will be elitism at it's finest.

I think it’s safer sent to a bank account. It’ll motivate those who don’t to open one. But the thing is that that sum was never meant for the poor but the rich. Call it compensations.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by DrTee1(m): 10:23am On Aug 20, 2023
nairalanda1:

1. BAD Records. Very bad records

2.Bank Accounts? A large percentage of Nigerians DO not have bank accounts. That's why some of us were (very tentatively) backing Emefiele's reforms....the idea was to force most Nigerians on the banking system

3.Bank accounts In some states, there are NO BANKS in many Local Government Areas (LGAs). One state in Nigeria has no banks in half of its LGAs and the other half has only at one bank per LGA.

When I served in the National Youth Service Scheme (NYSC),I had to go to the LGA Headquarters for banking services . When it was banking services involving my main bank, I had to go to another state entirely. Ouch.

Online banking? There was no internet in my place of primary assignment (PPA). For internet services...I had to leave the LGA entirely.

And that was a State in the South of Nigeria. It is a lot worse in Northern Nigeria. Where I live now, there are at least 10-15 banks within walking distance. )

Thanks for sharing this. I merely clarified some of what you identified for the benefit of non-Nigerians who may come across this thread.

You just put out some of the most salient facts in this regard. Many Nigerians, especially in the urban cities of Southern Nigeria do not understand that there are a lot more complexities about Nigeria than what their local environment or the internet seems to portray.

There are more Nigerians outside the internet and outside the Banking system than most people appear to identify on social media.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Enice(m): 10:30am On Aug 20, 2023
ken6488:
we are all Nigerians, dumbass
Mumu! So you now want your share of agbado! Idiots begging for corn grin . We that supported him don't even need the corn, it's those that swore with their LovePeddler mother's privates, that they will never eat it, that are begging for corn. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Cornfused people.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by MT: 10:31am On Aug 20, 2023
Kingsmeal:
Sometimes I wonder the kind of archiac system we practice in this country.

Everything in this country seems to be in the analogue way, despite the fact that technology is helping out this time.

Just few days ago, I read an online article that FG has released a sum of N5bn to States for subsidy Palliative and I wonder why doing so.

According to statistics, Nigeria's population is around 220m, then why is the FG giving N5bn to each state to use for palliative?

Why can't the FG pay in Nigerians directly into their accounts to support them in this trying time?

N500bn was already ear marked and approved for this subsidy removal Palliative.

This will even help to bring alot of people out of poverty and also support those doing businesses or another form of survival job.

Why is Federal Government giving states these money, knowing fully well that nothing will get to the populace.

Ordinary Covid 19 Palliative, we saw how all the states hid the pallatives, including traditional rulers, while the masses were crying of hunger.

The BVN can even be used to make these payments through the CBN directly to the accounts of every NIGERIAN. And even those that do not have accounts can even use the opportunity to create one and get their BVNs too.

Why is the NIGERIAN govt still practicing archaic administration? Why Why Why?

These said pallatives will be looted, some will be shared to party faithfuls and loyalists in all these states and not even the actual populace. Some will even use the pallatives for election Campaign and thereby making look like they're doing the people a favour.

Nigeria Why? Why are you still in this mudane practice?

So what happens to the unbanked Nigerians? Are they not Nigerians?

Why not push for the Government to start proper a robust data recording of her citizens, which will make cases like this to be easy.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by WantsandMore: 10:35am On Aug 20, 2023
Kingsmeal:

Everything in this country seems to be in the analogue way, despite the fact that technology is helping out this time.

Just few days ago, I read an online article that FG has released a sum of N5bn to States for subsidy Palliative and I wonder why doing so.

According to statistics, Nigeria's population is around 220m, then why is the FG giving N5bn to each state to use for palliative?

Why can't the FG pay in Nigerians directly into their accounts to support them in this trying time?

This will even help to bring alot of people out of poverty and also support those doing businesses or another form of survival job.

Why is Federal Government giving states these money, knowing fully well that nothing will get to the populace.

Ordinary Covid 19 Palliative, we saw how all the states hid the pallatives, including traditional rulers, while the masses were crying of hunger.

The BVN can even be used to make these payments through the CBN directly to the accounts of every NIGERIAN. And even those that do not have accounts can even use the opportunity to create one and get their BVNs too.

These said pallatives will be looted, some will be shared to party faithfuls and loyalists in all these states and not even the actual populace. Some will even use the pallatives for election Campaign and thereby making look like they're doing the people a favour.

another opportunity for them to market that e-naira thingy sef. .. but politicians and unnecessary bureaucracy na 5&6

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Bluntemperor: 10:39am On Aug 20, 2023
Kingsmeal:
Please you all should tag the mods to move these to frontpage for larger audience

Tell us,how to pay directly into your account and includes the Villages and Towns in All over Nigeria,na!
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by udemzyudex(m): 10:39am On Aug 20, 2023
Na scam that's why.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by lexy2014: 10:40am On Aug 20, 2023
Kingsmeal:

5billion per state is about 180b.

You mentioned another 500b.

Then 5 trailers of rice to each costing God knows how much.

Then there are some hidden and unknown billions here and there. Are all those not enough for fuel subsisdy?

The foolishness in all this is that they stopped one form of subsidy and entered another one because palliative is still subsidy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by lexy2014: 10:41am On Aug 20, 2023
Bluntemperor:

Tell us,how to pay directly into your account and includes the Villages and Towns in All over Nigeria,na!

So how does the government intend sharing the money?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by descartes400: 10:50am On Aug 20, 2023
They won't because the main function of the Federal Government is to perpetuate poverty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by babydioku(f): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2023
spending money on subsidy or palliative which one is better?
https://pollie.app/pd63k

Click a link to vote:

palliative
πŸ‘‰ https://pollie.app/ml0vg

subsidy
πŸ‘‰ https://pollie.app/w5i30

πŸ“Š View results:
https://pollie.app/gubs0
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by LZAA: 10:55am On Aug 20, 2023
Where is helinues πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Dyfynezz12(m): 11:01am On Aug 20, 2023
5bn is small to what most governors loot
That money is for their concubines nd for clubbing in Italy nd France
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by KennyLenz(m): 11:02am On Aug 20, 2023
Mossadd:
you and op are wrong,2m each for 220m people is 440trillion naira
Even if na #500k per person wey go amount to #110 trillion, we go collect am happily.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by CodeTemplar: 11:07am On Aug 20, 2023
Wainey:
If you pay the money into people's account, I do not think anyone will have more than N500, we are 200m people for fvck sake.

Now what about those that don't have bank account, that will be elitism at it's finest.
not everybody is banked plus multiple account holders exists. BVN is one per account holding Nigerian so should suffice. People really need this palliative to get back on track.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Mossadd: 11:10am On Aug 20, 2023
KennyLenz:

Even if na #500k per person wey go amount to #110 trillion, we go collect am happily.
let be realistic,where do you think Nigeria will get 110 trillions naira to share to Nigerians?
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by zibya: 11:11am On Aug 20, 2023
Kingsmeal:

Less than 25% of Nigerian adults have bank accounts and this is more widespread amongst the rural population who need the money the most
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Wainey: 11:16am On Aug 20, 2023
ceejayluv:

Na 3k naira or less monthly if the 5bn is shared to each state.
lolz, u are doing the calculation wrongly

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by ORIAYO70(m): 11:17am On Aug 20, 2023
Kingsmeal:

I said this just now, but 65per of Nigerian does not have bank acc.

Palliative na scam
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 20, 2023
See the rice wey Dem give me and my neighbor. Na the rice we dey chop so.
Dem even add small chicken join plus zobo!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by otokx(m): 11:20am On Aug 20, 2023
Unfortunately majority of Nigerians prefer it so, talking from experience in the public sector.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Judolisco(m): 11:25am On Aug 20, 2023
Wainey:

u think say na every body get account?
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by NinjaMetahuman: 11:28am On Aug 20, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

Lol, e be like na city Dem born you, you come grow for city too.
There are some places with epileptic or no network services in the South (the better developed part of the country), oya reason how the North go be.
Going to bank for some villages go cost about 3k to n fro.
The reason political actors are used for such purposes is because they usually appoint a contact person to take it to them. Eg, if there is a project or palliative to be shared in Odo Village, the village appoint 2 or 3people or the organization to carry out the act engage few people that will then go to the village to get it done.
A bank requires everyone involved to appear in person
stop making excuses for government.

ask yourself, how do people vote in even remote part of the country?

Because you live in village doesn't mean you can't come to the city to register for your one time bvn.

FG could partner with fintects to register people in remote part of the country like they do with voters card.

It's not rocket science.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Wainey: 11:29am On Aug 20, 2023
Judolisco:
u think say na every body get account?
so those that don't have accounts are not entitled to palliatives?
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by NinjaMetahuman: 11:29am On Aug 20, 2023
nairalanda1:

Which leads to another problem

A large percentage of rural areas don't have banks at all...in the entire LGA. (One of the ways Boko makes money in Borno is robbing vehicles carrying cash to LG HQ's to pay off workers their salaries, directly.).
a large percentage of rural areas have access to voting machines but you think banks/fintects can't take their machines to remote areas with the help people in those areas?

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Judolisco(m): 11:30am On Aug 20, 2023
Wainey:
so those that don't have accounts are not entitled to palliatives?
they're entitled, but using d bank makes it more transparent... Everyone has a unique bvn... Nobody has 2
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by AfroBeatDiary: 11:33am On Aug 20, 2023

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:35am On Aug 20, 2023
He north will never accept it......most northerners in the rural areas don't have bank account!
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by JetApartment: 11:35am On Aug 20, 2023
Wainey:

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by AfroBeatDiary: 11:36am On Aug 20, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:
Okay of the poorest don't have bank accounts

How will it then reach the poorest?

Through this medium?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ri61VGZtVo
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by tomju2(f): 11:39am On Aug 20, 2023
180,000,000,000.00 Γ·220,000,000.00 persons is 819 Naira. Do the Math.

quote author=Kingsmeal post=125223474]Sometimes I wonder the kind of archiac system we practice in this country.

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Signs $1.35 Billion Deal For Fourth Mainland Bridge, Other Key Projects / Photo Of IBB On His 26th Birthday (pic) / Alleged N1tn Diversion ; Senate To Probe Lamorde’s Alleged Diversion Of N1tn.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.