Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy (8085 Views)

Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi / Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:32am On Aug 20, 2023
grin grin The Op is a billion times correct,but truth detesting psychopaths on this forum would launch a vicious attack on him, like a pride of lions on a buffalo.
It's impossible to be holy as a Christian and be so attached to love of football,worldy rubbish music, entertainment concerts,et.c.
No-one serves two masters at a time.Either you love one and despise the other,hate one and love the other.You cannot be loyal to two masters at once.
That's why many Christians who are supposed to be untouchable by attacks of enemies, Satanic forces and their agents, and so on, continually get destroyed by the aforementioned.
The truth is bitter but must be said, because it saves,heals and sets free.
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:35am On Aug 20, 2023
cutecommend:
One major reason why many christians find it difficult to be holy is because they have soft spot for sin or worldliness.

But the major reason why many christians are not holy is because they do not have passion or hunger or thirst for holiness. Imagine how you have passion for football or passion for betting or passion for your career. Imagine the addictions you have to certain things..Now imagine having passion and hunger to be holy.

I tell you, if you spend 2 months of desperation, praying hard and trying to be holy, God will see that you are truly interested in being holy, and He will give you grace and ease to live a holy life. Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled".

God gives holiness grace to those who truly needed it!
Op,God bless you abundantly for the crystal clear truth.I appreciate,but many on this forum would find it too bitter to swallow, not to talk of digest.
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Tyktoker: 11:37am On Aug 20, 2023
Just listen to yourself "some christians are not holy" just because you're under pressure to gather gullible audience for a platform!. What is the criteria for holiness? I'm sure in your books they are those behaviors that meet up the standards of the sins you are not committing!
cutecommend:
One major reason why many christians find it difficult to be holy is because they have soft spot for sin or worldliness.

But the major reason why many christians are not holy is because they do not have passion or hunger or thirst for holiness. Imagine how you have passion for football or passion for betting or passion for your career. Imagine the addictions you have to certain things..Now imagine having passion and hunger to be holy.

I tell you, if you spend 2 months of desperation, praying hard and trying to be holy, God will see that you are truly interested in being holy, and He will give you grace and ease to live a holy life. Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled".

God gives holiness grace to those who truly needed it!
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by vicardino(m): 11:44am On Aug 20, 2023
SeriouslySense:
I may not agree 100 percent with what you wrote because i am prone to errors, but i see the bolded part is clear and is true.

we have not yet being transformed completed, so we still have the flesh to contend with, i cannot say we are not sinners, or we are sinners.

But God righteousness is imbedded into us, or i believe the Spirit of God sanctifies us, and helps us to be aware of our sins and gives us strength to resist and equips us to overcome it.

Now i may be wrong, the only standard is the word of God and you are right the ultimate teacher is God himself. Who speaks to his children like a father would correct his children.

Sir, I didn't write for people to agree or not to agree, I wrote the truth and nothing but the truth. I've seen you talk about that we haven't been transformed yet because we still live in the flesh we therefore have the flesh to contend with but lemme show you few scriptures as my explanation here may not be acceptable if not backed with scriptures. We need to understand that salvation is an operation that's meant to happen in our Spirit, soul and body. The Spirit is the part that gets saved when a believer gives his life to Christ (Instant salvation), such a believer has the soul and the body to be subjected to salvation process. The salvation of the soul is the transformation of the mind/soul and this is achieved by the word and the Spirit. Apostle Paul in Romans 8 talks about that believer who's given his life to Christ no longer lives by the law of the flesh but the Spirit and again in Romans 12: 2, he talked about not conforming to the thinking pattern of this world but being TRANSFORMED by the RENEWING of the mind. 2 corinthians 3, he talks about how that as we(believers) behold the glory of God as in the mirror (word of God), we are being TRANSFORMED into the same IMAGE from glory to glory even as by the SPIRIT of the Lord.

Transformation is achieved by submitting ourselves to the ministry of the word and agent of the Holy Spirit. This is responsible for character formation of believers, a believer that doesn't submit himself to this is like a plant experiencing stunted growth. That of the body is a future occurrence of Glorification
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Boyjaco: 11:48am On Aug 20, 2023
No Body is holy
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by SeriouslySense(m): 11:48am On Aug 20, 2023
And that i agree with. I agree with the word, or what the word says, but not opinions. So when i begin to notice what does not seem like the word of God, i wont agree with it, So, my understanding is that we are growing, and i am not sure we should say we are not sinners, and neither should we say we are sinners. Rather the word says, we are grafted in, we depend on Christ and we should follow him. We cannot boast of ourselves, but we can boast of Christ. smiley smiley

The word says we are transformed daily true, because of Christ, and in the future we shall be made perfect, according to Christ, when we are raised and we see him.

Then in summary.
I cannot say, i am holy.
I cannot say, i am sinless or not a sinner. The word of God makes it clear, it is not us but God.

vicardino:

Sir, I didn't write for people to agree or not to agree, I wrote the truth and nothing but the truth. I've seen you talk about that we haven't been transformed yet because we still live in the flesh we therefore have the flesh to contend with but lemme show you few scriptures as my explanation here may not be acceptable if not backed with scriptures. We need to understand that salvation is an operation that's meant to happen in our Spirit, soul and body. The Spirit is the part that gets saved when a believer gives his life to Christ (Instant salvation), such a believer has the soul and the body to be subjected to salvation process. The salvation of the soul is the transformation of the mind/soul and this is achieved by the word and the Spirit. Apostle Paul in Romans 8 talks about that believer who's given his life to Christ no longer lives by the law of the flesh but the Spirit and again in Romans 12: 2, he talked about not conforming to the thinking pattern of this world but being TRANSFORMED by the RENEWING of the mind. 2 corinthians 3, he talks about how that as we(believers) behold the glory of God as in the mirror (word of God), we are being TRANSFORMED into the same IMAGE from glory to glory even as by the SPIRIT of the Lord.

Transformation is achieved by submitting ourselves to the ministry of the word and agent of the Holy Spirit. This is responsible for character formation of believers, a believer that doesn't submit himself to this is like a plant experiencing stunted growth. That of the body is a future occurrence of Glorification
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Superpower(m): 11:50am On Aug 20, 2023
BirtherOfKings:
hahahahahaha..lies from the pit of hell, it's like saying nobody is rich grin grin grin enter a relationship with the Holy Spirit, d IDAN of holiness so it can become your new way of.life
Are you holy?
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:58am On Aug 20, 2023
SeriouslySense:

Dont confuse yourself.
Holy simply means without sin, or godly.

If you're following the dictionary to interpret God's word you will miss out completely!

From your definition above it means there has never been any human who is "HOLY" because there's no human without sin whether before or after Christ. Romans 7:15-21 smiley
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by SeriouslySense(m): 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2023
you were being rhetorical and creating a bottomless pit, that goes no where, because your mind is already made up.

MaxInDHouse:

If you're following the dictionary to interpret God's word you will miss out completely!

From your definition above it means there has never been any human who is "HOLY" because there's no human without sin whether before or after Christ. Romans 7:15-21 smiley

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2023
Boyjaco:
No Body is holy

There are many holy ones on earth today but it's the definition that most of you don't know.

For instance if you ask any human to describe the Bible God from humans standpoint or the dictionary even the Bible God Himself will not be viewed as HOLY.
WHY? Because as humans we will certainly see something wrong somewhere in God's way of handling issues in the past.
It's like looking at the sky and asking you to point at dark spots in it surely you will find a lot but if compared to the best technology that man could ever think of as source of light nothing can be compared to the brightness of the sky!

That's what HOLY means it doesn't mean you won't find fault with it if asked but you can't present anything better! smiley
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2023
SeriouslySense:

you were being rhetorical and creating a bottomless pit, that goes no where, because your mind is already made up.

OK let me be direct this time.

Can you mention any human both in Bible times and today who is HOLY in view of your preferred definition? smiley
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by SeriouslySense(m): 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2023
Only God is Holy, but he makes others holy because he sanctifies them, and because he is connected to them, they are not holy by themselves.

But many found grace in the eyes of God, because they believed in him and they were counted as righteous, which was a foreshadow of the future salvation in Christ that all who believe in him are saved and justified and even glorified in him.

Abraham was counted as righteous because he believed, so was Isaac and Jacob. Moses was chosen and he walked with God and was counted as Holy because he was connected to God, not by himself, but God sanctified him, so were the priest Aaron, he was sanctified by the presence of God in the sacred tent.

Enoch worked with God and he was counted as righteous so was Elijah and Elisha.

David was counted as righteous because he had a heart which was after God, he is not holy by himself.

The prophets Jeremiah, and Isaiah were sanctified by God, they were not Holy by themselves. Remember Isaiah saw God and one of the four living creatures had to purify him.

So you know. wink

Why are people trying to be holy like they can be Holy by their efforts. cool

MaxInDHouse:

OK let me be direct this time.

Can you mention any human both in Bible times and today who is HOLY in view of your preferred definition? smiley
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:16pm On Aug 20, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Only God is Holy, but he makes others holy because he sanctifies them, and because he is connected to them, they are not holy by themselves.

Which of the Gods?

Jupiter, Ra, Zeus, Ọbalúayé, Allah, Krishna or Yahweh?

Which of these Gods can make people HOLY?
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by SeriouslySense(m): 12:18pm On Aug 20, 2023
You know.
MaxInDHouse:

Which of the Gods?

Jupiter, Ra, Zeus, Ọbalúayé, Allah, Krishna or Yahweh?

Which of these Gods can make people HOLY?
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:21pm On Aug 20, 2023
SeriouslySense:
You know.

I don't know if going by your definition there's no HOLY God neither can any person whether human or God makes another person HOLY!
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by SeriouslySense(m): 12:22pm On Aug 20, 2023
But there is a God, who is Holy and can make people Holy.

But for you there is none.

So be satisfied with your conclusion.
MaxInDHouse:

I don't know if going by your definition there's no HOLY God neither can any person whether human or God makes another person HOLY!
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Ibkhaleel001: 12:25pm On Aug 20, 2023
THE ANTI-CHRIST

Western Christianity, also known as the Roman Catholic Church as all others are offshoots from the main, was crafted by the Romans for Whites' hegemony on Earth. It is different from Eastern Orthodox Christianity.

The Romans used their secret agent, Paul of Tarsus, to create a religion that had nothing to do with Christ Jesus the Son of Mary (peace b upon him) except the use of his name. It has ever since been used by Whites to conquer and destroy communities in the world.

Paul was rejected by the disciples of Jesus (pbuh) as a heretic who was misleading the people.
Acts 21:21And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs........ 27And when the seven days were almost ended, the Jews which were of Asia, when they saw him in the temple, stirred up all the people, and laid hands on him, 28Crying out, Men of Israel, help: This is the man, that teacheth all men every where against the people, and the law, and this place: and further brought Greeks also into the temple, and hath polluted this holy place.

Paul was arrested and taken to court. The narrative that follows is very interesting, Paul playing with the minds of the people to destroy prosecution. His response also makes clear what he was accused of.
Acts 24:14But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets.

He turned to Gentiles after being rejected by Jewish disciples of Jesus (pbuh) and promoted himself as their chief apostle, forbidding his followers from listening to the disciples of Jesus (pbuh) or even angels.

Acts 18:5And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ. 6And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.

Romans 11:13For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office

Gal 1:6I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

It is his followers that were first called Christians in Gentile Turkey, fulfilling the prophecy of Jesus (pbuh) that they will come and mislead many.

Acts 11:25Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul: 26And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Math 24:24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25Behold, I have told you before.

To the Gentiles he preached that Jesus (peace b upon him) died and rose again from the dead to save them and cleanse their sins. To the Jews he preached that Jesus (peace b upon him) prayed that he should be saved from death and was heard.

Romans 10:9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Hebrew 5:7Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared.

Paul used trickery to get followers, a strategy still used by Christians to date as witnessed in Kenya's last general elections.

1Cor 9:19Though I am free of obligation to anyone, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), to win those under the law. 21To those without the law I became like one without the law (though I am not outside the law of God but am under the law of Christ), to win those without the law. 22To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.

2Cor 12:16Be that as it may, I was not a burden to you; but crafty as I am, I caught you by trickery.

He did not preache the Gospel of Jesus (pbuh) but a mysterious creed he claimed was revealed only to him and never to anyone born of a woman before him.

Gal 1:11But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ...... 15But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, 16To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: 17Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Ephesians 3:1For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 5Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit...... 8Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; 9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 10To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God.

To differentiate the followers of his Gospel from those of the Gospel of Jesus (pbuh) he told his followers not to be circumsized and not to follow the laws of Moses (pbuh), but only to believe in a mysterious creed that Jesus (pbuh) was god who died for their sins.

Gal 2:7But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter.

Gal 3:11Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.”d 12But the law is not of faith, rather “The one who does them shall live by them.” 13Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law .... 23Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. 24So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. 25But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, 26for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.

Gal 5:1For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.
2Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. 3I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. 4You are severed from Christ, you who would be justifieda by the law; you have fallen away from grace. 5For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. 6For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

1Tim 3:16And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Romans 9:5To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

Titus 2:13waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ

All this was the opposite of the Gospel according to Jesus the Son of Mary (pbuh), the ANTI-CHRIST.

Math 5:17“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

After suceeding in his mission to create a religion for the Roman government he reported back to them with gratitude.

Romans 1:8First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is proclaimed in all the world.

Such is Western Christianity. It was never related to the teachings of Jesus the son of Mary (pbuh). Its foundations are found in the Roman and Greek cultures that were based on paganism.
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by SeriouslySense(m): 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2023
You have no understanding but you are very confident in human ignorance.

Pray your eyes are opened from darkness. If you were sincere then your eyes would have been opened.

sadly, many are in the darkness, and they will remain there. because they are deceived.

But this i would say. Paul was accepted by the other disciples of Christ and even the spirit of God showed them that Paul was chosen to take the message of the gospel to the gentiles. I have not time for arguments therefore that is all i need to write.

Ibkhaleel001:
THE ANTI-CHRIST

Western Christianity, also known as the Roman Catholic Church as all others are offshoots from the main, was crafted by the Romans for Whites' hegemony on Earth. It is different from Eastern Orthodox Christianity.

The Romans used their secret agent, Paul of Tarsus, to create a religion that had nothing to do with Christ Jesus the Son of Mary (peace b upon him) except the use of his name. It has ever since been used by Whites to conquer and destroy communities in the world.

Paul was rejected by the disciples of Jesus (pbuh) as a heretic who was misleading the people.
Acts 21:21And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs........ 27And when the seven days were almost ended, the Jews which were of Asia, when they saw him in the temple, stirred up all the people, and laid hands on him, 28Crying out, Men of Israel, help: This is the man, that teacheth all men every where against the people, and the law, and this place: and further brought Greeks also into the temple, and hath polluted this holy place.

Paul was arrested and taken to court. The narrative that follows is very interesting, Paul playing with the minds of the people to destroy prosecution. His response also makes clear what he was accused of.
Acts 24:14But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets.

He turned to Gentiles after being rejected by Jewish disciples of Jesus (pbuh) and promoted himself as their chief apostle, forbidding his followers from listening to the disciples of Jesus (pbuh) or even angels.

Acts 18:5And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ. 6And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.

Romans 11:13For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office

Gal 1:6I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

It is his followers that were first called Christians in Gentile Turkey, fulfilling the prophecy of Jesus (pbuh) that they will come and mislead many.

Acts 11:25Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul: 26And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Math 24:24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25Behold, I have told you before.

To the Gentiles he preached that Jesus (peace b upon him) died and rose again from the dead to save them and cleanse their sins. To the Jews he preached that Jesus (peace b upon him) prayed that he should be saved from death and was heard.

Romans 10:9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Hebrew 5:7Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared.

Paul used trickery to get followers, a strategy still used by Christians to date as witnessed in Kenya's last general elections.

1Cor 9:19Though I am free of obligation to anyone, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), to win those under the law. 21To those without the law I became like one without the law (though I am not outside the law of God but am under the law of Christ), to win those without the law. 22To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.

2Cor 12:16Be that as it may, I was not a burden to you; but crafty as I am, I caught you by trickery.

He did not preache the Gospel of Jesus (pbuh) but a mysterious creed he claimed was revealed only to him and never to anyone born of a woman before him.

Gal 1:11But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ...... 15But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, 16To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: 17Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Ephesians 3:1For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 5Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit...... 8Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; 9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 10To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God.

To differentiate the followers of his Gospel from those of the Gospel of Jesus (pbuh) he told his followers not to be circumsized and not to follow the laws of Moses (pbuh), but only to believe in a mysterious creed that Jesus (pbuh) was god who died for their sins.

Gal 2:7But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter.

Gal 3:11Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.”d 12But the law is not of faith, rather “The one who does them shall live by them.” 13Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law .... 23Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. 24So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. 25But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, 26for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.

Gal 5:1For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.
2Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. 3I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. 4You are severed from Christ, you who would be justifieda by the law; you have fallen away from grace. 5For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. 6For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

1Tim 3:16And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Romans 9:5To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

Titus 2:13waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ

All this was the opposite of the Gospel according to Jesus the Son of Mary (pbuh), the ANTI-CHRIST.

Math 5:17“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

After suceeding in his mission to create a religion for the Roman government he reported back to them with gratitude.

Romans 1:8First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is proclaimed in all the world.

Such is Western Christianity. It was never related to the teachings of Jesus the son of Mary (pbuh). Its foundations are found in the Roman and Greek cultures that were based on paganism.
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:30pm On Aug 20, 2023
SeriouslySense:

But there is a God, who is Holy and can make people Holy.

But for you there is none.

So be satisfied with your conclusion.

Guy when next you see people's comments on this forum read with intelligence not just been dogmatic.

There is no HOLY God going by your definition because people in Africa already have their ancestral Gods before the whiteman brought the Bible or the Arabs brought the Qur'an.

So the only thing that makes any God HOLY is being purer than others in thoughts, words and actions not just the books you're reading! wink
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by NigerianAngelo(m): 12:31pm On Aug 20, 2023
Because of three reasons:

1. They do not pray the Rosary daily. Everyday.

2. They do not say prayers to the Infant Jesus, Agonizing Jesus or the Sacred Heart

3. They do not do penance or fast on Fridays.
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by SeriouslySense(m): 12:33pm On Aug 20, 2023
That is left for you to fulfill, its up to you, you can prove that, but Christ has done it all, and i accept the salvation of God. But my brother you are going to miss O. cheesy

MaxInDHouse:

Guy when next you see people's comments on this forum read with intelligence not just been dogmatic.

There is no HOLY God going by your definition because people in Africa already have their ancestral Gods before the whiteman brought the Bible or the Arabs brought the Qur'an.

So the only thing that makes any God HOLY is being purer than others in thoughts, words and actions not just the books you're reading! wink
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by SeriouslySense(m): 12:34pm On Aug 20, 2023
My Friend, where do i start with you. cheesy cheesy, should i start from the head or from the tail, hmm
NigerianAngelo:

2. They do not say prayers to the Infant Jesus, Agonizing Jesus or the Sacred Heart

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by SeriouslySense(m): 12:35pm On Aug 20, 2023
How you have been deceived, i pray that your eyes may be opened.

Sadly many are lost, my brother come out of her.

Please open your eyes. I don't want to write certain things, but this i have write you.

Are you sure the Marian apparition is really from God, why does that Being who appears claim the roles of Jesus, in the bible there is only one mediator, only one savoir, only one Lamb of God, only by his blood are we saved, by believing only in Him.

How can Jesus still be a child, or a baby, are you sure that is Jesus. Remember that there are principalities and power, who appear as angels of light.

I want you to watch one video, and i want you to listen carefully to it for you own good, if you love your eternity, let me look it up and i will write it for you.

If you are confident in what you believe then rest with that, but i suggest you can also listen to this Audio, no harm will come from it, i promise. Its up to you, we all make our choices.

look this up on Youtube:
"The coming global transformation audio drama."

NigerianAngelo:

1 Share

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2023
SeriouslySense:
That is left for you to fulfill, its up to you, you can prove that, but Christ has done it all, and i accept the salvation of God. But my brother neighbour you are going to miss O. cheesy

Who is Jesus?
Who is God?
What is salvation?
And how are all these related to being HOLY?

Instead of DOGMATICALLY sticking to what the book whiteman gave you say try to reason like you're discussing with people who never heard about that book before.

Jesus didn't sent his disciples to go preaching to those who already have the book rather he sent them to people who have never had about the GOOD NEWS found in that book.

I'm not yet your brother because we're neither related by blood, business or faith so you're my neighbour.

I know my own brothers! Matthew 12:46-50 smiley
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by SeriouslySense(m): 12:52pm On Aug 20, 2023
My Brother, you have blocked your ears, i cannot compel you, we were all given free will, but God still loves everyone. let me go to church and listen, i hope the Spirit of God speaks something to me today. smiley The spirit has been speaking, i am amazed, God is amazing.

Just be aware you have made your choices ad you know already what you ask.

My Brother this is for you.

Matthew 11:28-30
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

MaxInDHouse:

Who is Jesus?
Who is God?
What is salvation?
And how are all these related to being HOLY?

Instead of DOGMATICALLY sticking to what the book whiteman gave you say try to reason like you're discussing with people who never heard about that book before.

Jesus didn't sent his disciples to go preaching to those who already have the book rather he sent them to people who have never had about the GOOD NEWS found in that book.

I'm not yet your brother because we're neither related by blood, business or faith so you're my neighbour.

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by vicardino(m): 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2023
Have you been made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus as scripture says? Do you know what the righteousness of God means?

Do you have the nature of God in you?

The problem of believers is not understanding and accepting the simplicity of the Gospel. I used to have this 'sex in the dream' wahala for many years, it would happen whenever there's a prospect of something good and once it happened, my expectation would get cut short, I was experiencing disappointment left, right and center. I approached God knows the number of 'prophets' I mean genuine ones but of all they did for me, I mean praying, fasting, going for deliverance and all those stuff having the form of godliness, nothing worked. Meanwhile, I was a believer then o, tongue talking, even with some dimensions of God's grace upon my life and this problem went on for many years more than a decade until I came to the understanding of my identity in Christ. I came across a scripture that says 'HE THAT IS JOINED TO THE LORD IS ONE SPIRIT WITH HIM 1 cor 6:17. I pondered and pondered upon this scripture, I was told I had a spirit wife who my prayers of many years, countless mountain climbing, countless fasting and religious exercises couldn't stop from knacking me at will, hmmm. When I came across this scripture and I meditated on it, I stayed on it well and that's when I got to know that Satan was afflicting me based on my ignorance about my identity in Christ. If I should say that a believer is one Spirit with God, many Christians will call for my head but it is true. I believed that scripture and my belief stopped that problem, just by accepting what scripture calls me. Scripture calls believers the righteousness of God in Christ but believers still call themselves sinners so as to appear humble before God or what? Believers go about not agreeing with God's word fully because you can't comprehend its simplicity and profoundness. This is why believers ain't replicating all that Jesus did despite having the life of Christ and the Holy Spirit.

If believers would understand the finished works of Christ, we'd turn the world upside down but here we are with our sin consciousness. I am who and what God has called me. Since he's chosen me to be Holy and blameless in him before the foundation of the world, then[b]I AM HOLY AND BLAMELESS[/b] and this is my consciousness as he leads me on. My ignorance of the scripture and finished works of Christ dealt with me seriously but it ended already.

SeriouslySense:
And that i agree with. I agree with the word, or what the word says, but not opinions. So when i begin to notice what does not seem like the word of God, i wont agree with it, So, my understanding is that we are growing, and i am not sure we should say we are not sinners, and neither should we say we are sinners. Rather the word says, we are grafted in, we depend on Christ and we should follow him. We cannot boast of ourselves, but we can boast of Christ. smiley smiley

The word says we are transformed daily true, because of Christ, and in the future we shall be made perfect, according to Christ, when we are raised and we see him.

Then in summary.
I cannot say, i am holy.
I cannot say, i am sinless or not a sinner. The word of God makes it clear, it is not us but God.

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:56pm On Aug 20, 2023
SeriouslySense:

My Brother Neighbour

I'm not your brother rather you and i are NEIGHBOURS.
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by SeriouslySense(m): 12:58pm On Aug 20, 2023
This is what is profitable, i will take it into heart and maybe i will see clearly if you are right. I dont know that much as i think i know.

vicardino:
Have you been made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus as scripture says? Do you know what the righteousness of God means?

Do you have the nature of God in you?

The problem of believers is not understanding and accepting the simplicity of the Gospel. I used to have this 'sex in the dream' wahala for many years, it would happen whenever there's a prospect of something good and once it happened, my expectation would get cut short, I was experiencing disappointment left, right and center. I approached God knows the number of 'prophets' I mean genuine ones but of all they did for me, I mean praying, fasting, going for deliverance and all those stuff having the form of godliness, nothing worked. Meanwhile, I was a believer then o, tongue talking, even with some dimensions of God's grace upon my life and this problem went on for many years more than a decade until I came to the understanding of my identity in Christ. I came across a scripture that says 'HE THAT IS JOINED TO THE LORD IS ONE SPIRIT WITH HIM 1 cor 6:17. I pondered and pondered upon this scripture, I was told I had a spirit wife who my prayers of many years, countless mountain climbing, countless fasting and religious exercises couldn't stop from knacking me at will, hmmm. When I came across this scripture and I meditated on it, I stayed on it well and that's when I got to know that Satan was afflicting me based on my ignorance about my identity in Christ. If I should say that a believer is one Spirit with God, many Christians will call for my head but it is true. I believed that scripture and my belief stopped that problem, just by accepting what scripture calls me. Scripture calls believers the righteousness of God in Christ but believers still call themselves sinners so as to appear humble before God or what? Believers go about not agreeing with God's word fully because you can't comprehend its simplicity and profoundness. This is why believers ain't replicating all that Jesus did despite having the life of Christ and the Holy Spirit.

If believers would understand the finished works of Christ, we'd turn the world upside down but here we are with our sin consciousness. I am who and what God has called me. Since he's chosen me to be Holy and blameless in him before the foundation of the world, then[b]I AM HOLY AND BLAMELESS[/b] and this is my consciousness as he leads me on. My ignorance of the scripture and finished works of Christ dealt with me seriously but it ended already.

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by SeriouslySense(m): 12:59pm On Aug 20, 2023
Better, so this is what i will call you.
MaxInDHouse:

I'm not your brother rather you and i are NEIGHBOURS.
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:00pm On Aug 20, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Better, so this is what i will call you.
Better! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

@ / Prophet Detains WOMAN In A Room Whilelooking For CONDOMS / 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.