Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,739 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy (8058 Views)

Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi / Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by xproducer: 8:55pm On Aug 20, 2023
Indeed...

"Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” - Matthew 26:41

"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." - Hebrews 4:15-16

Thus says the Lord YESHUA, the CHRIST - "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." - John 15:5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by johnog4sure: 9:04pm On Aug 20, 2023
Pastoshizzy:
KOBO's argument is mostly baseless with a wiff of disdain. He keeps repeating the same sh×t every Sunday. He has an axe to grind with the Church. Maybe one Daddy G.O. don woze am slap before. grin
Sorry, I didn't read this clearly earlier, that guy arguements is truly BASELESS, if had known I wont even respond to him

1 Like

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by DrDunamis(m): 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2023
cutecommend:
One major reason why many christians find it difficult to be holy is because they have soft spot for sin or worldliness.

But the major reason why many christians are not holy is because they do not have passion or hunger or thirst for holiness. Imagine how you have passion for football or passion for betting or passion for your career. Imagine the addictions you have to certain things..Now imagine having passion and hunger to be holy.

I tell you, if you spend 2 months of desperation, praying hard and trying to be holy, God will see that you are truly interested in being holy, and He will give you grace and ease to live a holy life. Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled".

God gives holiness grace to those who truly needed it!
Wonderful write up but the topic is wrong based on your desired subject matter.
It seems you don't know what holiness means, and it's been one challenge that most Christians have mistaking holiness for right living.
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Bode2: 12:11am On Aug 21, 2023
[quote author=SeriouslySense post=125231602][/quote] How Pls!
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by BirtherOfKings(f): 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2023
Superpower:
Are you holy?
Yes, my love...working on perfecting it. You are handsome dosent mean because of it, u wont bath or rub cream or shave to maintain it
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Kobojunkie: 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2023
BirtherOfKings:
Yes, my love...working on perfecting it. You are handsome dosent mean because of it, u wont bath or rub cream or shave to maintain it
What does it mean to be holy? What evidence was given you by God to prove to you that you have in fact attained His standard of Holiness and no longer have a sin-debt? undecided
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2023
BirtherOfKings:
How can you perfect that which is perfection itself? Do you even know what it means to be Holy? To be holy/perfect means to be set free from slavery to Sin by the Knowing of the Truth since it is only the Truth that can accomplish that inside of those whom He is a part of - John 8 vs 31-36. The idea of "perfecting" holiness is born of ignorance of the bullsheet kind. undecided
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Maynman: 11:19pm On Sep 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
How can you perfect that which is perfection itself? Do you even know what it means to be Holy? To be holy/perfect means to be set free from slavery to yhSin by the Knowing of the Truth since it is only the Truth that can accomplish that inside of those whom He is a part of - John 8 vs 31-36. The idea of "perfecting" holiness is born of ignorance of the bullsheet kind. undecided
To be Holy means to be Wholly.
Saints are Dead People walking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy Sallah Celebration To All Muslims / The Myth Of Nazareth: Did the historical Jesus Exist? / Hope In God In Hopeless Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.