Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy (8079 Views)

Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi / Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Kobojunkie: 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2023
Boyjaco:
No Body is holy
That is not true at all. First understand what it means to be Holy. It means to be in direct compliance with God's Law -- His teachings and commandments --- and the way to achieve that is through absolute and continuous submission and obedience to God's Law, Jesus Christ. Holiness is sometimes considered to mean existing in a state of sinlessness ---- without unaccounted sin-debt--, but I rather describe it as no longer being a slave to sin as Jesus Christ did in John 8 vs 31 - 38. undecided

All the prophets of God's Old Law where men who lived their lives in holiness. They were all holy, and hence approved righteous by God after they had attained holiness. Men such as David, Solomon, John the Baptist, Zechariah and His wife, Elizabeth, Joseph, Mary, Anna, Joseph of Arimathea, etc., were also all holy and were hence approved righteous by God. So, you see, there were holy men even back during the time before and after Jesus Christ. And there can exist holy people even in our day and time. undecided
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Negroid001(m): 1:31pm On Aug 20, 2023
SeriouslySense:
I may not agree 100 percent with what you wrote because i am prone to errors, but i see the bolded part is clear and is true.

we have not yet being transformed completed, so we still have the flesh to contend with, i cannot say we are not sinners, or we are sinners.

But God righteousness is imbedded into us, or i believe the Spirit of God sanctifies us, and helps us to be aware of our sins and gives us strength to resist and equips us to overcome it.

Now i may be wrong, the only standard is the word of God and you are right the ultimate teacher is God himself. Who speaks to his children like a father would correct his children.

Some children easily listen, others take a longer time, and some don't listen.

Confusion has entered the convo.
What do you expect tho? Over 5000 versions of the religion. Almost 2 to 4 different buildings on every street in this lagos. How would they agree? Everybody get im own insight😂.

Enjoying the show sha! Continue
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by creativehubb: 1:47pm On Aug 20, 2023
When the churches makes it all about money and drama, what do you expect from the flock?
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Abifarin16: 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God of Scripture said He absolutely does not answer the prayers of the unholy and unrighteous. (The prayers, petitions, praises, offerings, seeds, etc., of the unholy/unrighteous are made filthy by their sins and are hence an abomination to God.) So where do you get the idea that by offering a months worth of abomination prayers to God, God will then respond and give you anything? Is that any different from proclaiming that God is not only a liar but a fool easily swayed by the whims and rituals of men? undecided

The reason Christians cannot approach God's holiness has to do with the fact that they all follow lies -- doctrines and traditions of men(their pastors and mogs) -‐-- rather than the Truth of God. Holiness can only be attained by way of absolute adherence to the Truth of God which all who cling to religion are far away from. undecided
Kobojunkie with the prayer of unrighteousness. E go shock you on that day ooo. The two thief that were hanging on the cross besides Jesus, I hope you know the other thief made it to heaven just because he believed that Jesus was the son of God and that he was going to take position of leadership in his Kingdom through his death on that cross. This spiritual things are not always the way you think it ooo. Rehab was a prostitute, but she was the only one and her family to make it out of Jericho. Moses was a murderer, Jacob a cheat, David committed adultery. All people are broken and unworthy, but that's why Jesus came. Don't pray because you are unrighteous, continue in your unrighteousness and make your unrighteousness a reason to not get close to God.
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by johnog4sure: 1:55pm On Aug 20, 2023
cutecommend:
One major reason why many christians find it difficult to be holy is because they have soft spot for sin or worldliness.

But the major reason why many christians are not holy is because they do not have passion or hunger or thirst for holiness. Imagine how you have passion for football or passion for betting or passion for your career. Imagine the addictions you have to certain things..Now imagine having passion and hunger to be holy.

I tell you, if you spend 2 months of desperation, praying hard and trying to be holy, God will see that you are truly interested in being holy, and He will give you grace and ease to live a holy life. Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled".

God gives holiness grace to those who truly needed it!
Stop confusing yourself, Holiness is divine, meaning it can only come from God, you meant 'righteousness' which is simply doing the 'right' things always.
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Kobojunkie: 2:17pm On Aug 20, 2023
Abifarin16:
Kobojunkie with the prayer of unrighteousness. E go shock you on that day ooo. The two thief that were hanging on the cross besides Jesus, I hope you know the other thief made it to heaven just because he believed that Jesus was the son of God and that he was going to take position of leadership in his Kingdom through his death on that cross.
■ This spiritual things are not always the way you think it ooo. Rehab was a prostitute, but she was the only one and her family to make it out of Jericho.
■ Moses was a murderer, Jacob a cheat, David committed adultery. All people are broken and unworthy, but that's why Jesus came.
■ Don't pray because you are unrighteous, continue in your unrighteousness and make your unrighteousness a reason to not get close to God.
1. Where in your Bible is it written that they made heaven? Where in your bible do you have it that the thief on the cross believed that Jesus Christ was the son of God you? undecided

Leadership in which Kingdom since Jesus Christ is meant to return as King over 2 different Kingdoms and the thief only made reference to one. undecided

Why do you people believe the fairy tales fed you by your pastors and mogs for Pete's sake? undecided

2. So, these spiritual things are not always as God says they are meaning you think God does not know everything about it as He claims? undecided

3. ▪︎Moses was a murderer who after leaving Egypt worked to become, not just a holy man but was approved righteous by God;
▪︎Jacob started off a cheat but eventually devoted his life to serving God and by that became the Holy and God approved righteous man that God eventually used.
▪︎ David was already a Holy and righteous man at the time that God Anointed him king over Israel. However, being righteous does not mean one will never again commit sin. When David committed adultery, he went back to bed God’s forgiveness and got it because he, David, had been previously approved righteous before that happened, by God..

Being broken is not a valid enough excuse to not do as God as commanded which is to be holy even as God is holy. And as God said, it is those who attain holiness that are able to be approved righteous by God. For this reason, Jesus Christ urged all of His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) and then God's Righteousness, in order that all these things--- included answers to prayers ---- shall be added onto them. God is no man's mumu. undecided

4. When you claim God answers your prayers right in your unrighteousness what you invariably claim is that God is a liar, something most of you churchians do without even blinking. God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. So does that mean you don't pray at all? No! You can still pray but have it in mind that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. Prayer is after all a section of the Law so obedience is expected. undecided
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Kobojunkie: 2:19pm On Aug 20, 2023
johnog4sure:
Stop confusing yourself, Holiness is divine, meaning it can only come from God, you meant 'righteousness' which is simply doing the 'right' things always.
Holiness refers to the living of one's life in direct and absolute compliance with God's Law --- His teachings and commandments. undecided

God's righteousness, which only God is able to approve one of, refers to the doing of works of righteousness after one has first attained Holiness.. undecided
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Kei144(m): 2:24pm On Aug 20, 2023
Mk. 16:15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.
Mk. 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Ac. 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptised, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

What is the good news?

Ro. 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Ro. 3:24 and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Human beings descended from a son of God, Adam (LK. 3:38), who fell from glory when sin entered into him. Consequently, all descendants of Adam have sinful nature. Jesus Christ died as a sarifice of atonement for the sins of mankind, so that a human being could disconnect from descendancy of Adam and connect to the bloodline of the new glorious Adam, Jesus Christ. That is why Mk. 16:16 says that whoever believes and is baptized will be saved. Water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ, done according to Mk. 16:16, disconnects a human being from descendancy of Adam and connects the human being to the bloodline of Jesus Christ. This is a great redemption because a person that is still in the old Adam can never receive the Holy Spirit and any person who does not have the Holy Spirit does not belong to God. That is why Ac. 2:38 says that anyone who is baptized into the name of Jesus Christ will (or is qualified to) receive the Holy Spirit.

A person who has received the Holy Spirit is in the same state as Adam was in the Garden of Eden, which is also the same state in which Jesus Christ was after the Holy Spirit came upon him (Mt. 3:16); the only difference being that both Adam (before the fall) and Jesus had never experenced sin. In the case of the normal human being, s/he has lived in sin all her/his life. Adam went on to commit sin, anyway. Jesus faced the same kind of temptation that Adam faced and yet did not sin. Why did Jesus succeed where Adam failed? In both cases, the tempter twisted the truth (God's word). Adam accepted and swallowed the twist (lie) and fell into sin. Jesus consistently countered the twist with the truth (God's word) and thereby never fell into sin.

Mt. 16:21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.
Mt. 16:22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”
Mt. 16:23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling-block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.”

In the above scenario, Peter appeared to be giving a loving rebuke to Jesus, but the rebuke was in opposition to God's will for Jesus. Jesus immediately saw the hand of Satan in the seemingly loving rebuke and responded rather extremely. It therefore becomes clear that the only way to be holy in this world is to have an extremist attitude toward holiness. The world hates that anyway. Having an extremist attitude towards holiness means that if one encounters any attitude or situation that appears sinful, one must immediately counter the attitude or situation by speaking out the commandment of God that is against it. Sin is so destructive to the human soul that anyone who knows the truth about sin should constantly be at war against sin.

Ro. 10:10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Jo. 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by johnog4sure: 2:29pm On Aug 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Holiness refers to the living of one's life in direct and absolute compliance with God's Law --- His teachings and commandments. undecided

God's righteousness, which only God is able to approve one of, refers to the doing of works of righteousness after one has first attained Holiness.. undecided
No righteousness is prerequiste to holiness and not the other way round
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by luluman: 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2023
4KNGOATS:

Can xtians be holly? I don't think so. Fornications, alcoholism,gambling,drugs are just but few things that has ravaged christenity in the zoo nation. Most Ngerian Christians are far from holiness.And yet the most annoying part of it all is that they can disturb the fking hell out of helpless neighbors who are trying to get some sleeps during the weekend with their useless noises.i was so annoyed one occations that I felt like walking into one of the church in our area,grabbing the Mike from one mad drunkard called pastor and ramming it hard into his 4kn throat.
Unfortunately, from your comment,the whole world see your problem which you cannot see.
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Kobojunkie: 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2023
johnog4sure:
■ No righteousness is prerequiste to holiness and not the other way round
Interesting claim?
▪︎So what you are saying is that when Jesus Christ said to seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) followed by God's righteousness...Jesus Christ got the order wrong? undecided

▪︎And when in Isaiah 64 vs 1 - 6, Isaiah explained that the sins of the people tainted their works rendering them an abomination to God, Isaiah didn't really mean that the people had to get rid of their sins --- achieve Holiness first---- in order that they no longer had sins to render their works a filthy abomination to God? undecided
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by helicoptarr: 2:55pm On Aug 20, 2023
As a Christian, you can never achieve holiness by your own efforts or willpower. Only the Holy Spirit can help remould your heart to assume the nature of Christ.

John 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Zechariah 4:6
Then he answered and spoke unto me, saying, “This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ saith the Lord of hosts.

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by johnog4sure: 3:11pm On Aug 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Interesting claim?
▪︎So what you are saying is that when Jesus Christ said to seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) followed by God's righteousness...Jesus Christ got the order wrong? undecided

▪︎And when in Isaiah 64 vs 1 - 6, Isaiah explained that the sins of the people tainted their works rendering them an abomination to God, Isaiah didn't really mean that the people had to get rid of their sins --- achieve Holiness first---- in order that they no longer had sins to render their works a filthy abomination to God? undecided
When it comes to interpretation of ancient languages, aramaic, hebrew etc to English(mind you, u are African trying to understand a jewish culture using European language English). What I am saying is if we let this arguement go that way, we wont finish it anytime soon. But to answer your question, pls read Math 3:1-2 John started preaching repentance Later Jesus in Math 4:17. You cannot be holy if you do not first repent of your evil ways and start doing the right things, before a divine touch of holiness
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by bixton(m): 3:14pm On Aug 20, 2023
cutecommend:
One major reason why many christians find it difficult to be holy is because they have soft spot for sin or worldliness.

But the major reason why many christians are not holy is because they do not have passion or hunger or thirst for holiness. Imagine how you have passion for football or passion for betting or passion for your career. Imagine the addictions you have to certain things..Now imagine having passion and hunger to be holy.

I tell you, if you spend 2 months of desperation, praying hard and trying to be holy, God will see that you are truly interested in being holy, and He will give you grace and ease to live a holy life. Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled".

Anyone who values the salvation of God through Christ Jesus upon his life will think well before indulging in sin. You can't make caricature of the death of Christ Jesus and not get burnt by the devil. Yea the Lord is long-suffering and merciful but the devil is not. Anyone who understands the realms of the spirit will not indulge in acts of sin.
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On Aug 20, 2023
johnog4sure:
■ When it comes to interpretation of ancient languages, aramaic, hebrew etc to English(mind you, u are African trying to understand a jewish culture using European language English). What I am saying is if we let this arguement go that way, we wont finish it anytime soon.
■ But to answer your question, pls read Math 3:1-2 John started preaching repentance Later Jesus in Math 4:17. You cannot be holy if you do not first repent of your evil ways and start doing the right things, before a divine touch of holiness
1. I don't do interpretations since the book I read from merely requires comprehension of that which is written as is. So, please, try to stay focused on the discussion.. undecided

2. The Baptism of repentance which was preached by John and continued by Jesus Christ who proclaimed all must be born-again has little to nothing to do with this discussion as these are steps towards the end goals of the major goals which as Jesus Christ said are Holiness and Righteousness. undecided

Back to the discussion... you claimed God first approved one Righteous before one can then achieve Holiness. Now my questions to you on that.

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by judedwriter(m): 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2023
cutecommend:

The flesh is weak, but the spirit is willing.

The more you feed the flesh, the harder it becomes to be Holy. The more you fast and study God's Word, holiness becomes eazy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by donmik: 4:24pm On Aug 20, 2023
Amen
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by johnog4sure: 5:06pm On Aug 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I don't do interpretations since the book I read from merely requires comprehension of that which is written as is. So, please, try to stay focused on the discussion.. undecided

2. The Baptism of repentance which was preached by John and continued by Jesus Christ who proclaimed all must be born-again has little to nothing to do with this discussion as these are steps towards the end goals of the major goals which as Jesus Christ said are Holiness and Righteousness. undecided

Back to the discussion... you claimed God first approved one Righteous before one can then achieve Holiness. Now my questions to you on that.

I am shocked that any christian will make trivial the topic of repentance, which is very fundamental, this is the problem I have with modern pentecostal movement, if you dont repent of your old ways, where then do you want to start from? I dont understand why you keep inserting "holiness" into Math 6:33 (dont add to the word...)but even at then what do you think the kingdom of God is? an extension of God's kingdom here on earth, if I dont treat my fellow man "right" how can I even please God (holy)? And Isaiah verses you quoted did not nullifies man's effort it only shows the magnificience of God, just as Christ explained in Math 5. WARNING: when we make trivial the knowledge of repentance/righteousness we make people wallow in sin hoping that God by his GRACE will make them holy...Modern churches are already progressing in this error. (for us to slow down this arguement let us use our common sense and concience lets leave the bible out)
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Kobojunkie: 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2023
johnog4sure:
I am shocked that any christian will make trivial the topic of repentance, which is very fundamental, this is the problem I have with modern pentecostal movement, if you dont repent of your old ways, where then do you want to start from?
■ I dont understand why you keep inserting "holiness" into Math 6:33 (dont add to the word...)but even at then what do you think the kingdom of God is? an extension of God's kingdom here on earth, if I dont treat my fellow man "right" how can I even please God (holy)?
■ And Isaiah verses you quoted did not nullifies man's effort it only shows the magnificience of God, just as Christ explained in Math 5. WARNING: when we make trivial the knowledge of repentance/righteousness we make people wallow in sin hoping that God by his GRACE will make them holy...Modern churches are already progressing in this error. (for us to slow down this arguement let us use our common sense and concience lets leave the bible out
)
1. This topic isn't about repentance as OP already pretends his audience is of those who are already born-again. Not sure why you are having a hard time comprehending at least that. undecided

2. To seek the Kingdom of God is to become a Law abiding citizen of the Kingdom whose Law is the Gospel .I.e. Holiness without which no man shall see God. That is why I keep repeating that. Also, there are approximately 100 teachings and commandments contained in the Gospel as taught by Jesus Christ. Hyperfocusing on just one command of teaching will not grant any man holiness much the same way you cannot become a Law abiding citizen of any country out there by simply focusing on obeying just a few out of all the laws. undecided

3. I am sorry bit your response does not compute. Isaiah said that the sins committed by each man renderer his works a filthy abomination to God. Essentially God wants your works but if you are a slave to sin, your works are an abomination. So wouldn't commonsense be to first rid yourself of the bondage to sin --‐ Holiness ---, before you offer your works to God? Or are you under some belief that God is pleased by works done in vain aka abominations? undecided
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by livebullet(m): 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2023
cutecommend:

When last did you hear your pastor preach holiness? The only thing we hear is "possession your earthly possession".
Money , money money. Money is the new idolatory. It ranks above God in many churches
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by johnog4sure: 7:10pm On Aug 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. This topic isn't about repentance as OP already pretends his audience is of those who are already born-again. Not sure why you are having a hard time comprehending at least that. undecided

2. To seek the Kingdom of God is to become a Law abiding citizen of the Kingdom whose Law is the Gospel .I.e. Holiness without which no man shall see God. That is why I keep repeating that. Also, there are approximately 100 teachings and commandments contained in the Gospel as taught by Jesus Christ. Hyperfocusing on just one command of teaching will not grant any man holiness much the same way you cannot become a Law abiding citizen of any country out there by simply focusing on obeying just a few out of all the laws. undecided

3. I am sorry bit your response does not compute. Isaiah said that the sins committed by each man renderer his works a filthy abomination to God. Essentially God wants your works but if you are a slave to sin, your works are an abomination. So wouldn't commonsense be to first rid yourself of the bondage to sin --‐ Holiness ---, before you offer your works to God? Or are you under some belief that God is pleased by works done in vain aka abominations? undecided
This is the reason I do not engage in religious debates most of the time we agree on same thing yet keep the needless debate on, from your points above it is obvious, we are only argueing over choice of words "righteuosness" vs "holiness" I want you to agree that there is a hierachy to these things from a sinful person, to repentance, to 2 Peter 1:5-7 5 For this very reason, make every effort(meaning you conciously choose to do it, not by any grace or divine power) to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control(completing the righteousness); and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness(divine comes in here); 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love(perfecting Holiness).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Kobojunkie: 7:26pm On Aug 20, 2023
johnog4sure:
This is the reason I do not engage in religious debates most of the time we agree on same thing yet keep the needless debate on, from your points above it is obvious, we are only argueing over choice of words "righteuosness" vs "holiness"
■ I want you to agree that there is a hierachy to these things from a sinful person, to repentance, to 2 Peter 1:5-7 5 For this very reason, make every effort(meaning you conciously choose to do it, not by any grace or divine power) to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control(completing the righteousness); and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness(divine comes in here); 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love(perfecting Holiness)
1. Righteousness is not same as Holiness and. Holiness is not same as Righteousness. Jesus Christ made this much very clear in His teachings. So, please stop trying them seem the same. "Without Holiness, you cannot see God," does not mean the same as saying, "Holiness is all you need to see God." undecided

2. Hierarchy? Again, Jesus Christ said , "Seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) and then God's Righteousness, in order that all these things --- the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God --- shall be added onto you." You claimed Righteousness should come before Holiness on the supposed Hierarchy and when asked how come, you take to beating about the bushes. Why? lipsrsealed
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Pastoshizzy(m): 7:31pm On Aug 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God of Scripture said He absolutely does not answer the prayers of the unholy and unrighteous. (The prayers, petitions, praises, offerings, seeds, etc., of the unholy/unrighteous are made filthy by their sins and are hence an abomination to God.) So where do you get the idea that by offering a months worth of abomination prayers to God, God will then respond and give you anything? Is that any different from proclaiming that God is not only a liar but a fool easily swayed by the whims and rituals of men? undecided

The reason Christians cannot approach God's holiness has to do with the fact that they all follow lies -- doctrines and traditions of men(their pastors and mogs) -‐-- rather than the Truth of God. Holiness can only be attained by way of absolute adherence to the Truth of God which all who cling to religion are far away from. undecided
I still wonder how you manage to say so much yet say nothing.
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Pastoshizzy(m): 7:34pm On Aug 20, 2023
johnog4sure:

This is the reason I do not engage in religious debates most of the time we agree on same thing yet keep the needless debate on, from your points above it is obvious, we are only argueing over choice of words "righteuosness" vs "holiness" I want you to agree that there is a hierachy to these things from a sinful person, to repentance, to 2 Peter 1:5-7 5 For this very reason, make every effort(meaning you conciously choose to do it, not by any grace or divine power) to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control(completing the righteousness); and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness(divine comes in here); 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love(perfecting Holiness).
KOBO's argument is mostly baseless with a wiff of disdain. He keeps repeating the same sh×t every Sunday. He has an axe to grind with the Church. Maybe one Daddy G.O. don woze am slap before. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by johnog4sure: 7:43pm On Aug 20, 2023
Pastoshizzy:
This guy's argument is mostly baseless with a wiff of disdain. He keeps repeating the same sh×t every Sunday. He has an axe to grind with the Church. Maybe one Daddy G.O. don woze am slap before. grin
Are you referring to the other guy? because I had never made religious post, and this is the first religious post I am commenting on NL
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by johnog4sure: 7:45pm On Aug 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Righteousness is not same as Holiness and. Holiness is not same as Righteousness. Jesus Christ made this much very clear in His teachings. So, please stop trying them seem the same. "Without Holiness, you cannot see God," does not mean the same as saying, "Holiness is all you need to see God." undecided

2. Hierarchy? Again, Jesus Christ said , "Seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) and then God's Righteousness, in order that all these things --- the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God --- shall be added onto you." You claimed Righteousness should come before Holiness on the supposed Hierarchy and when asked how come, you take to beating about the bushes. Why? lipsrsealed
You keep agreeing to my points so this debate is needless.
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Pastoshizzy(m): 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2023
johnog4sure:

Are you referring to the other guy? because I had never made religious post, and this is the first religious post I am commenting on NL
kobojunkie...that is his name. He's of the opinion that what we have as the Church is man's ideology. He disdains the Church.

The Bible warns in the book of 2 Timothy 3:5-
"Having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people."
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Aug 20, 2023
johnog4sure:
You keep agreeing to my points so this debate is needless.
It seems you have forgotten what your original claim was. Let me remind you.
johnog4sure:

No righteousness is prerequiste to holiness and not the other way round
This is different from what Jesus Christ and even Isaiah said. So, how can you continue to assert that I am in agreement with your points? undecided
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by necheremIFY: 7:56pm On Aug 20, 2023
BirtherOfKings:
The only reason is difficult is because they are are trying to do it from their flesh
When you have the Holy Spirit and walk with him consciously, the taste for it will die naturally. You are chopping God word everyday, the space for unholiness can't remain ..pls go for a thicker more intimate relationship with the Holy Spirit, the gain is more than holiness..I see holiness like the perfume of my lover, it cant help but be on me since I spend most time with him

Send me a text so I can show u how to start this relationship with the Holy Spirit..u will laugh like Sarah this year

This is the key to live a holy life. When you depend and rely upon the Holy Spirit and being conscious of Him living in you, with you and for you, to live holy becomes easy and that makes Christianity Sweet. And there is no temptation that you can not overcome. The Holy spirit has been given to us to help us.
Galatians 5:16 John 14:16

1 Like

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by johnog4sure: 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
It seems you have forgotten what your original claim was. Let me remind you. This is different from what Jesus Christ and even Isaiah said. So, how can you continue to assert that I am in agreement with your points? undecided
Yes I still maintain my position, and because each time you try to counter it you endup contradicting yourself, go through the threads
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Aug 20, 2023
johnog4sure:
■ Yes I still maintain my position, and because each time you try to counter it you endup contradicting yourself, go through the threads
Can you point out at least one contradictory statement I made in this discourse? It is kind of weird to read the statement in bold from the very one who has made several attempts to deviate from the topic all so as to avoid direct questions asked. undecided

Below were my counters to your claim by the way
Kobojunkie:
Interesting claim?

Kobojunkie:

So where exactly are these contradictory claims you accuse me of spitting out? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Daily Devotional. In Grace By Grace For Grace. / The Evidence Of Nephilis, The Giants In The Bible - PITURES / @

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.