Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... (1491 Views)

What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? / Two Mates Fall For Same Woman On Holiday And Both Decide To Date Her (Photos) / When Did You Decide That The Relationship Was Over? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by Nazgul: 10:38am On Aug 20, 2023
If you ever decide to go off social media for a year, what are the things that can keep you occupied?

Someone asked this question and I felt I should bring it here.

For me, what will keep me occupied is my job/business, then I'll work towards personal development by reconnecting with strategic people outside social media who's goals align with mine. Together, we'll achieve great things.

Cc nlfpmod
Mukina2
Mynd44

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by FalseProphet1(m): 10:53am On Aug 20, 2023
I'll focus on my calling like I've been doing all these years.

This I have seen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by Boogyman557: 11:04am On Aug 20, 2023
Holly Gram cool Very simple na..

WEED, ASHAWOO, VIDEO GAME, FOOTBALL SPORT..

THUNDER FIRE SOCIAL MEDIA!

Although

E get one ASHAWOO bani way I NACK yesterday night, chai. dis girl nearly break my WAIST..

She use her too legs take tie me for WAIST..

As she de NACK me.. NaSo my PREEK de bend go one side..

She nearly chop off my PREEK with her TOTTO..

infact dis girl use SHOALING in the MONKEY SHADOW style take NACK NACK me..

Till now my WAIST still de pain me..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

12 Likes

Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by kponkedenge(m): 11:48am On Aug 20, 2023
I will nvest that one year in reading books, lots of books, I will also try and learn something new.
Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by FalseProphet1(m): 11:55am On Aug 20, 2023
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool Very simple na..

WEED, ASHAWOO, VIDEO GAME, FOOTBALL SPORT..

THUNDER FIR SOCIAL MEDIA!

Although

E get one ASHAWOO bani way I NACK yesterday night, chai. dis girl nearly break my WAIST..

She use her too legs take tie me for WAIST..

As she de NACK me.. NaSo my PREEK de bend go one side..

She nearly chop off my PREEK with her TOTTO..

infact dis girl use SHOALING in the MONKEY SHADOW style take NACK NACK me..

Till now my WAIST still de pain me..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
The dark forces are destroying you slowly. Send me a DM and I'll book an appointment with you for spiritual cleansing.

This I have seen.

9 Likes

Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2023
FalseProphet1:

The dark forces are destroying you slowly. Send me a DM and I'll book an appointment with you for spiritual cleansing.

This I have seen.
You are very funny sha
Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by FalseProphet1(m): 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2023
IconicR:
You are very funny sha
My wife how are you doing...I've missed you. smiley
Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2023
FalseProphet1:

My wife how are you doing...I've missed you. smiley
When did you pay bride price? πŸ˜‚
Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by FalseProphet1(m): 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2023
IconicR:
When did you pay bride price? πŸ˜‚
Do they pay bride price in your place? πŸ™„
Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2023
FalseProphet1:

Do they pay bride price in your place? πŸ™„
πŸ˜‚ it's expensive
Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by FalseProphet1(m): 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2023
IconicR:
πŸ˜‚ it's expensive
Where are you from?
Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:43pm On Aug 20, 2023
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
I will personally send some prayers into ya mailbox 4 dis spiritual exercise wey u wan help us do for our kala master so!
grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by Babamide(m): 1:07pm On Aug 20, 2023
Movies, football, books and someone to love.

2 Likes

Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by Sonnobax15(m): 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2023
lipsrsealed
I'm actually considering on going for a break outta social media for minimum of 3 months....

There's life out of social media........I did before,and I really noticed the positive changes it brought upon my Life......

I go soon rock am again
Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by talented321: 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2023
Buy akpeti give my boys'' give them format then they begin feel the vibe''
Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by Olarewaju89: 1:23pm On Aug 20, 2023
Pastor said any lady with 1 boyfriend should leads us in closing prayer. Till now we still dey church o

cheesy grin

7 Likes

Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 20, 2023
Netflix and business grin

Maybe I will go out more too. lipsrsealed
Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by FalseProphet1(m): 1:42pm On Aug 20, 2023
Persephone1:
Netflix and business grin

Maybe I will go out more too. lipsrsealed
Netflix is satanic, its being controlled by a demon named Belphegor. Once you start watching it, you're gone. Better repent and come and assist me in ringing bells in my spiritual center while I prophesy.

This I have seen.

5 Likes

Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by pocohantas(f): 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2023
@ Nazgul, whenever I stay off social media (Nairaland) I do better at work and bond more with friends and family.

However, I don't force it. I allow the detachment come organically. If I am busy, I am busy. If not, I catch cruise.

The past few working days I was off Nairaland and I made mad money at work. I took every appointment and attended 3 meetings with some partners in the UK.

A Nlder once made a post that if whatever SM platform is taking the bulk of your data and time cannot fund your lifestyle, you should reduce it. I reduced NL and started sleeping on Upwork. That was how I got my freelance job. I reduced NL again and put more time into serving my client. That was how same client converted me to a full staff.

Even my bond with him deepens when we are off SM.

Your mood would improve too. Because I can enter and see one comment on how Nigerian girls are olosho. Now I don't open such threads.

So, I will work (out) more, cook more, go on outings, love more, gossip with friends and family...etc

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by Negroid001(m): 2:18pm On Aug 20, 2023
Nazgul:
If you ever decide to go off social media for a year, what are the things that can keep you occupied?

For me, what will keep me occupied is my job/business, then I'll work towards personal development by reconnecting with strategic people outside social media who's goals align with mine. Together, we'll achieve great things.

Cc nlfpmod
Mukina2
Mynd44

Did that done that. I wasn't active on any social media platform from late 2021 till mid 2022.
Benefits?
Deep soul searching
Read a lot of books.
Started appreciating the simple things in life.
Lost my i want it now syndrome.
Got to know who really cared about me genuinely.
My software skills improved tremendously.

O boi.
Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by Vinnie2000(m): 3:17pm On Aug 20, 2023
Would Buy lots of Motivational Books to Read and Fill up the Time. smiley

It's like I will try this in 2024. πŸ€”
Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by Vinnie2000(m): 3:20pm On Aug 20, 2023
Babamide:
Movies, football, books and someone to love.

Meaning you will Dragged back again.πŸ˜•

because you will need to be Chatting/Following Her on WhatsApp, Instagram,etc.πŸ˜’πŸ€¨
Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 20, 2023
FalseProphet1:

Netflix is satanic, its being controlled by a demon named Belphegor. Once you start watching it, you're gone. Better repent and come and assist me in ringing bells in my spiritual center while I prophesy.

This I have seen.
Oh No 🀦
Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by Whazar(m): 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2023
Not just possible for me cos if I’m not online then I can’t make money

Though I was once banned for one year on this site and I never opened another moniker, I survived
Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by BenedictAbajue(m): 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2023
I'll face my studies and self improvement

1 Like

Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by BenedictAbajue(m): 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2023
Whazar:
Not just possible for me cos if I’m not online then I can’t make money

Though I was once banned for one year on this site and I never opened another moniker, I survived
full one year! You must have been a trouble child. In this life I either follow the rules or I make the rules. I never break the rules
Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by Babamide(m): 3:37pm On Aug 20, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Meaning you will Dragged back again.πŸ˜•

because you will need to be Chatting/Following Her on WhatsApp, Instagram,etc.πŸ˜’πŸ€¨
I mean like someone to live with and stay offline together

1 Like

Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by Ay04z(m): 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2023
Sha dey give me 20,000 daily. Am off on social media... My work is tied with Internet..... Hunger go wire me
Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by SonofGod231: 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2023
You must love philosophy and theorems or this is mere copy n paste.😁
Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by Karlifate: 5:31pm On Aug 20, 2023
Nazgul:

Cc nlfpmod
Mukina2
Mynd44

Yeah, I do take [full or selected] breaks from social media, from time to time.

These following are some things I do during the period;

1:
I do more outdoor hangouts with loved ones, friends & good acquaintances (this is easy for me as I'm a social person & network easily)

2:
I read more books (on my career, self-development, history & other interesting categories)

3:
I watch movies a lot, especially on weekends cos my schedule on weekdays are usually very occupied.

4:
I also faithfully attend services at my worship centre, so I feel more connected to people of like-minds.

5:
Luckily for me, I often meet & connect with new, interesting people easily.

When you're with the right person/people, an hour seems like a minute with them cos you'll enjoy every moment there & then, but when you're hanging out with the wrong person/people/crowd, 5 minutes with them feels like hell grin

6:
etc...

P.S.: All through this period, my number is always available cos if anyone wanna reach me via voice call (whether for personal or for business), there would be no hitch. wink

Also, there was a time I took full breaks from social media for 2 years, and subsequent times, lesser than that.

1 Like

Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by Nazgul: 10:47pm On Aug 20, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
I'm actually considering on going for a break outta social media for minimum of 3 months....

There's life out of social media........I did before,and I really noticed the positive changes it brought upon my Life......

I go soon rock am again
I'm also thinking along this line...social media can be really time consuming.
Re: If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... by Nazgul: 10:52pm On Aug 20, 2023
pocohantas:
@ Nazgul, whenever I stay off social media (Nairaland) I do better at work and bond more with friends and family.
I totally agree. Time is money, and if whatever is consuming your time isn't replacing it with money, you'd need to have a rethink on your priorities.

Besides, there's this weird feeling I used to have about social media. I see it as an avenue for celebrities to connect with their fans globally. So if one isn't a celebrity or have plans to monitize his/her presence on SM, I don't see why he should be there.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confused Married Woman Needs Your Advise / What Does It Take To Satisfy A Woman? / Should I Take Her Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.