Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

What Happens If You Don't Confess Your Sins? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens If You Don't Confess Your Sins? (158 Views)

Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? / Should I Confess That I Poured Hot Water On My Neighbor's Goat? / Bishop Emma Isong To Buhari: "Confess Your Sins To Nigerians To Win Second Term" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens If You Don't Confess Your Sins? by Mummytoo: 11:09am On Aug 20, 2023
Hello nlanders,

I want to ask if someone commits sin and doesn't confess, will God still forgive you if u ask for forgiveness from God?

Or if you confess to another person like a pastor or an unknown person, and not directly to who you offend, will God count it against you?

I want to learn
Re: What Happens If You Don't Confess Your Sins? by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 20, 2023
Mummytoo:
Hello nlanders,

I want to ask if someone commits sin and doesn't confess, will God still forgive you if u ask for forgiveness from God?

Or if you confess to another person like a pastor or an unknown person, and not directly to who you offend, will God count it against you?

I want to learn
It depends on the sin you committed, if it's against someone, you go directly to the person to confess and ask for forgiveness but if it's against God you don't need to tell anyone about it, just ask for forgiveness from God and move on
Re: What Happens If You Don't Confess Your Sins? by Mummytoo: 11:28am On Aug 20, 2023
IconicR:
It depends on the sin you committed, if it's against someone, you go directly to the person to confess and ask for forgiveness but if it's against God you don't need to tell anyone about it, just ask for forgiveness from God and move on

Are all sins not against God, pls help me differentiate
Re: What Happens If You Don't Confess Your Sins? by Tin07(m): 3:15pm On Aug 20, 2023
Isaiah 59:1, unconfess Sin blocks answer to our prayers. Every sin is against God and should all be confessed to God. But some sins could be you doing wrong to someone. If its the one that offends someone, first, you confess to God and get his forgiveness. Then approach the person wronged and make amendment; restitution. Confessing to a pastor is to seek his help in counselling and prayers. Some restitutions need Pastoral counselling and advice before they can be embarked upon.
Re: What Happens If You Don't Confess Your Sins? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2023
Mummytoo:
Hello nlanders,

I want to learn

If your wife cheats and she confessses to her best friend, would it have value to you?
Re: What Happens If You Don't Confess Your Sins? by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Aug 20, 2023
Mummytoo:
Hello nlanders,I want to ask if someone commits sin and doesn't confess, will God still forgive you if u ask for forgiveness from God? Or if you confess to another person like a pastor or an unknown person, and not directly to who you offend, will God count it against you? I want to learn
God does not forgive you sins because you confess your sins. Rather, God forgives your sins only after you have, through continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of His Law, attained Holiness and are approved Righteous by Him. God only answers the petitions of the Righteous and so if forgiveness of sin is what you desire, then seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) and then God's Righteousness, in order for that to happen. undecided

As an unrighteous, not living in obedience to God's Law, your sins pile up against you , even when you supposedly confess them. The only way to counter the load or pay off your debt is to continually live in obedience to God's Law --- there is no other way to be set free from slavery to sin. undecided
Re: What Happens If You Don't Confess Your Sins? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 20, 2023
Mummytoo:
Hello nlanders,

I want to learn

I think many things play a part. Here are basic understandings

1.) If you don't confess at all to man or God, meanwhile you know you should, it could signify Pride, and God resists the proud.
2.) If you confess to God and ask for forgiveness, God likely forgives, provided you're not holding someone else unforgiven.
3.) Sometimes (everytime actually), there is a penalty for every sin. Asking for forgiveness from God can help cushion the penalty, other times, you need to get forgiven personally by the person you offended. If not, although God has forgiven you, you'll still face a penalty for that crime.

For instance, a girl is r@ped by ME and I ask God for forgiveness but I don't go and apologize and clear myself with the girl and her parents and all those stuff...
I'll still get punished for that act, even if I'm forgiven by God.

1 Like

Re: What Happens If You Don't Confess Your Sins? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2023
It's not confession that matters but the help the elders of your church will render as they discipline you appropriately. James 5:14-16
Imagine a billionaire who has five wives after sleeping over in his side chic's place called his fives and confessed to them does that stop him from repeating the same thing next time?

(1) (Reply)

Has God Ever Sent You On A Mission To A Dreaded Village / Genuine Mature Born Again Christians Ready For Marriage, Let's Meet Here / EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW | TB Joshua's Teacher Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.